FIT TV wants your input

Hi Cathe

Ok here goes

1. I workout in the mornings usually early 6 or 7 am.
2. I usually workout 5 to 6 times a week, generally Monday to Friday. I usually take the weekends off.
3. I get FIT TV and I do watch it.
a) I would like to see more kickboxing, cardio and weight, and pilates type workouts.
b) I like Cathe's workouts, not just because she's such a great instructor but because of the length of the workouts. I would like to see programs that are longer especially aerobics.
4. I prefer a 60 minute workout.
5. I would to see some longer aerobic workouts. I would love to see some kickboxing workouts. A program the gives some training advice would be interesting but not of movie stars, most of us can't spend 4 hours a day training for a role. I want training tips for us regular people. Advice that we can use in our own workouts schedule.

I hope this is helpful. And thanks FIR TV for asking us what we would to like to see.:7

1) I workout in the early evening after work, usually from 5:30 to 6:30 or within a half hour of that timeframe.

2) I work out a minimum of 5 days a week. Days off aren’t consistent, but usually 4 out of 5 weekdays.

3) I do not get Fit TV.

4) If I did, I’d prefer a 60 minute program.

Hi Cathe!

1) Typically between 8:30 and 10:00 am

2) Six days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat mornings and Sun afternoon (1:30)

3a) I would like to see more advanced yoga programs as well as more Pilates programs which demonstrate varying levels.

3b) I don't have time to watch it very often. When I work out, I don't want to waste time, so I do Cathe and yoga videos because I know what I'm getting.

4) 60 minute programs

5) I would love it if Cathe had a regular program (not her videos) geared toward advanced exercisers.

Thanks for asking and good luck!

1) Mornings at 5:30 am Monday-Friday, 8:00 am on Saturday

2) 6 days/week, Monday through Saturday

3) If you get FIT TV now and you are watching it....

a)more pure aerobic workouts by different instructors than currently are routinely on FIT TV

b)more Cathe Friedrich with more variation in what is shown, more Reebok workouts

4) I like both 30 and 60 minute workouts. Is there any way to group the commercials after the warm up and then again after the cool down so that the bulk of the workout is uninterrupted?

Hi Cathe,

1)I workout evenings during the week(between 5 and 7:30)weekends in the morning around 9
2)I workout monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursdays saturdays & sunday
3)Yes i get fit tv and I love it!!
a) I would like to see more weight workouts
b)I would like to see more of Cathe Friedrich
4)I prefer 60 minute programs
5)I would like to see Cathe's workouts earlier in the day.

Thanks,
Tracy

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be specific (ie: mornings at 5am)
Swim days 6am (pool opens at 6)
Non-swim days 5am
plus
After work every day (weights or yoga).
Mid-morning on weekends.

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?
5-6 days
Sun (optional), Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat (Wed is rest but I still do yoga)

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not seeing now?
Commercial-free workouts (the commercials come at bad times and require me to pre-tape them then skip commercials to keep my HR up)

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see more of?
More Cathe and longer Cathe! Would love to see full length Cathe workouts.
Breathing Space Yoga (again w/o commercials)
More fit cuisine like cooking shows with healthy eating.

4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute program?
60 or longer

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they have not been addressed here.
I love the channel but the commercials make watching it live alomst useless. I tape everything ahead then playback later forwarding over the commercials. I would rather see the commericals in one big block than scattered throughout the workout. I understand they have to pay the bills, just suggesting that there has to be a better way to do it.

Thank you for the opportunity to give input. :)

Hi,
1. Typically I exercise 8A.M. to 9 A.M. EST
2. Days Monday through Saturday
3. On Fit TV, I watch Shape and Breathingspace
a. I would like to see more advanced programs, in yoga, aerobics and strength training. Most programs try to do everything in 30 minutes and I think they end up accomplishing nothing. Not enpough time or focus.
b. Just more advanced yoga.
4. 60 minute program length
5. I would like to see commercials grouped together at the end.

Cathe,

Before I answer, I just want to say, thanks for helping me get into the best shape of my life, and, I can't wait for the new DVDs!

Now, for my responses:

1) During the week, I work out mornings, 5am-6am. On Saturdays and Sundays, I usually work out in the afternoon; the time varies.
2) I try to work out 6 days a week, Saturday and Sundy, and four weekdays.
3) I get FitTV, and I do watch it!
a)I'm not aware of any pilates programming being on FitTV, and I'd enjoy it.
b) I think they should have you on more often!
4) I don't have a preference between 30 and 60 minutes.

I'm looking forward to more updates on the DVDs. Thanks, again!

Hi Cathe!

1) Lately it's been in the evening, approx. 8p. It's easier to exercise when the kids (mostly my infant) are in bed. Hardly any interruptions.

2) 6 days. Nonworkout day varies.

3) Yes.
a) I think more healthy cooking shows. Fit Cuisine is OK, but for some reason I don't get really excited about it.
b) CATHE, of course. I think fitness/exercise shows that are geared toward men would be of interest. And I don't mean just a guy leading the show. Men exercise differently than women and it would be nice to have a format that is really in tune with that.

4) 60 min. I read the FitTV community board and a lot of people like the 60 min format. However, there has been a plea to move all of the commercials between shows so there are no commerical breaks during the exercise shows. It's hard to be in an exercise groove and all of a sudden have to stop for a commercial. I've taped Bootcamp and S&H from FitTV and done it on my own time. (I have since purchased the DVD.) I've actually never done, only watched, a show during its time slot.

5) The spa shows seem to have no purpose on FitTV. I think they should be removed. It seems a lot of people look to FitTV for exercise shows. It would be great to have mostly exercise shows in its programming schedule throughout the day, not just morning and evening. There are some people who exercise midday or early afternoon.

1) 5:30 a.m. during the week, 9 a.m. on Saturday and 6:30 a.m. on Sunday

2) 6 days a week with a day off during the work week

4) 60 minute program

1) 10 am PST
2) Monday through Friday

a) hour long low impact cardio
b) Cathe's own show
4) 60 minute
5) Have ONLY exercise programs on Fit TV

1) Evenings - begin sometime between 5:30-7pm CST

2) Days a Week: 4-5
Days: M,T,W,Th,Sat

3) yes
a)Pilates
b)more intense aerobics, yoga, pilates

4) 60 minutes

5) A pregnancy workout/fitness show would be a neat idea

Hi Cathe!

1. I workout about 9 or 9:30 am Central/Standard time

2. I workout 4-5x per week. M, T, W, F, and sometimes Sunday mid
afternoon.

3. I have Fit Tv and watch occaisionally I like to tape a couple
workouts here and there.

a. More of a variety of shows aimed at the advanced crowd and longer than 15 min. (If you take out the commercials). With the exception of you and Sharon Mann, there isn't much for the adcvanced crowd. It would be nice to see workouts that are a little more current than 1990 as well.

4. Definetly 60 min.

5. Those commercial interruptions are annoying, which is why I tape the shows first. Couldn't Fit TV show the commercials before the program starts? I also find those diet pill commecials ridiculous and take away from what you are trying to accomplish by working out. What is up with that nonsense?

Hi Cathe :) Here's my thoughts~

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be specific (ie: mornings at 5am)

I workout twice per day 5-7 days per week. Both morning & evenenings (beginner level at this point...)

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?

Monday-Saturday & usually yoga/stretch on Sunday

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not seeing now?

Combination Cardio/Stregth (see below)

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see more of?

You, no one inspires, instructs and encourages me like you do!

For me the perfect program would be a Cathe program one hour long, the first 1/2 hour being cardo without commercials~a commercial break allowing time to put away step and gather strength equipment~and 30 mins of strength training. Of course I realize each segment would need to be a little less than 30 mins to allow commercial time.

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they have not been addressed here.

You deserve your own program vs Peak Performance :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING OUT!

Thanks for asking!

~kandy~

I also have DISH. It would be wonderful if they would pick up FIT TV.

1. Always mornings. Around 5:45 a.m. on weekdays, 8:00 weekends.
2. Six days per week - Sunday through Friday.
3. Don't get FIT TV because I have DISH.
4. Sixty minutes.

I switched from Dish to DirectTV because of FitTV and I am really enjoying it! (DirectTV had a deal going on that made switching really cheap and my bill will be a few dollars less than it was with DISH.)

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be
specific (ie: mornings at 5am)
Mon-Thurs 530am-630am, Sat-Sun usually sometime in the a.m.

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are
those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)?
6 days a week (off day is usually Friday)

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not
seeing now?
More advanced workouts. Cathe, kickboxing and strength training workouts with heavier weights (we can handle more than pink 3lb dumbbells!;-) ) I would also enjoy seeing bodybuilding and fitness competitions (mostly female but male would be okay too.)

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see
more of?
New Sharon Mann workouts and new Caribbean workouts with Shelley. I also enjoy Fitness Secrets of the Stars

4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute
program?
60 minutes!

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they
have not been addressed here.
Less military shows.
Better descriptions as to what type of workout and who is hosting. (If this info could be made available on the Fittv website, that would be great also. Currently, it is so hard to find specific info on their website.)

Less commercials or at least placed in parts of the workout that won't interrupt the workout so much (after warmup, before or after stretch)

kweller had some great show ideas! I second her answers to 3a!

Here’s my 2 cents worth.

1) I hike with my dogs in the morning and get my weights & cardio in the afternoon/early evening time periods.

2) I work out 6 to 7 days a week with the occasional weekend day off depending on family commitments.

3) I too am a DISH subscriber and do not get FIT TV which really bugs me. I would watch it if it was here.
a.) More health & fitness information including healthy vacation retreats, area health spas & healthy cooking shows. In addition to work out programs.

b.) Meditation/Spiritual awakening type shows. I am all into healthy from the inside out type of information.

4) I would prefer 60 min programs when it comes to actual work outs. For other types of informational programming 30 min. is sufficient.

5) I would like to see more informational show in regards to the very active older women who are going through menopause etc. but who are very athletic. Sometimes the basic information that is addressed to us is waaay to simplistic for the intensity that we are all ready at. It’s like the assumption is that to feel better we should start a program and the benefits will come. What about us who are already kicking the crap out of the encroaching old age barrier. What else can we do? I don’t need to be told how to start up a healthy lifestyle I need to know how to enhance the lifestyle I already incorporate into my life. I’m 44 btw too.

Thanks for listening….

Debbie

1) 7:00-8:30 AM
2) always Mon-Fri, sometimes Sat or Sun (though later in the day)
3) yes, get it and watch it
a) more variety--pilates, yoga, weights only
more information--new techniques, equipment, gym workouts
more real athletes and their training, not celebrities!
b) more Cathe or other advanced workouts
4) 60 min for cardio, circuit, weights
30 min for yoga, pilates, general info shows

Here is my input.
1) I work out daily at 6 AM
2) I work out 6 days per week usually everday except tuesday or wednesday
3) I do have fit TV now and I usally watch Sharon Mann and Caribbean workout to see different types of workouts. But I never workout to FIT TV due to all of the commercial interruptions, they should put them at the end or beginning of a program.
I like to work out for 30-60 min depending on the day.
I would like to see more of original programming specifically for TV rather than workouts already available on video/DVD, although this is a good way to preview them.
As it is set up now, I would have a very difficult time actually working out to the workout programs. Having discussion with experts in the training or workout field to give pointers, suggestions, rotations would be great.
Some great suggestions as to the type of new programs which are geared to information for people who work out. Body challenge would be a great idea.
I also agree with getting rid of the spa show- It does not belong on that channel. The yoga show is also very mundane- a better yoga, pilates show would be great too.

I work out weekdays at 2:30 p.m. and on weekends at 4:30 a.m.
(seems backwards, but I work early).

Typically 4-5 days: Mondays (usually a rest day, but cardio if I
do anything), Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and
Sundays

n/a (although must say that I don't get full cable, but have
considered it just to get FitTV!)

Typically 60 minutes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.