FIT TV wants your input

Cathe,

I would love to help. I love your show and I think you rock in the exercise world! Here are my answers.

1)I work out at 5am mornings
2)I work out 6 days a week M-Sat.
3)I do get FIT TV and I watch it all the time
a)well, right now I haven't seen your show on and want to see it.
b)I have seen your program in the past on Peak Performance at 10 pm, but haven't seen it lately and definately want to see more of it.
4)30 min. or 60 min. is fine with me.
5)I think they should put your show on in the morning, afternoon and evening spot for at least 30 min. uninterupted so people can get the full benefit of your workouts and it is on when people need because people have different workout times.

Good Luck Cathe,
Denise:)

ANSWERS:
1 & 2 My workouts begin anywhere from 6:00am to 8:30am lasting 60 minutes (on average) and are Monday thru Friday
3 & 4 I have seen very little fit TV so far, but am interested in seeing challenging workouts lasting 60"

Thank you for gathering this information.

1) Usually around 6-7pm after I finish work on weekdays, or mornings when I wake up on weekends/days off.

2) About 5 times a week - the days vary.

3) I'm in the UK and hadn't heard of FIT TV.

4) If I got this channel I would prefer 45 minutes rather than 30 or 60.

Sharon :)

7 days a week from 9 am to 11 am average.
We do have FitTV here in NJ. I'd love to see 1 hr advanced workouts!

1) What time of day do you typically workout? Please be specific (ie: mornings at 5am) Mornings 5:30am

2) How many days a week do you typically workout and what are those days (ie: Mon, Wed, Fri)? 5 days a week, Mon-Fri

3) If you get FIT TV now and you are watching it.... I get Fit Tv, and I do watch Cathe's segments as well as other fitness programs.

a)what programming would you like to see that you are not seeing now? More advanced workouts.

b)what programming ARE you seeing that you would like to see more of? More of Cathe's segments, earlier in the day.

4) Would you typically prefer a 30 minute or 60 minute program? 60mins

5) Feel free to make any other suggestions or comments if they have not been addressed here. I'd like to see Cathe's segments with your morning line up, I feel advanced exercisers could really benefit from it.

Kathy

1. I typically workout 5am - 6am.

2. 5-6 days a week

3. I do not have FitTV.

3a. I would like to see programs that include good long athletic stretching, and functional fitness programs.

4. 30-60 min. programs would be great.

Cathy

Cathe,

I responsed to this yesterday, but thought of a couple of more points. When I'm ready to workout on weekday mornings, at 5 AM ET, FitTV has paid programming on. Their regular programming does not start until 6 AM ET. So, my request would be to start it at least an hour earlier.

Also, I have enjoyed watching Sharon Mann's show, and the Caribbean Workout. I would consider working out to either of those shows if they came on at 5 or 5:30 AM during the week.

Thanks, again!

Hello everyone!

I wanted all of the DISH network customers who want FIT TV to know that I have sent the following message to Customer Care and Charlie Chat this morning...I will let you know what response I get. Have a great day!!!!

I would like to ask if DISH Network would consider adding FIT TV to the channel lineup. We are loyal customers and this channel would be appreciated.

This is a link to the FIT TV website:
http://fittv.discovery.com/

This is a link to a group of home exercisers (Cathe.com forum) who are also DISH network subscribers who are also interested in this channel:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=34063&mesg_id=34063&page=

Thanks for your consideration.

Melissa Arnold
Paragonah UT
:)

Hi Cathe,

1. Typically I work out in the morning between 9:00 and 11:00.
2. I work out Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri
3. a. I would like to see more workout type programs rather than talk and informational.
3. b. I like your workouts of course and the other Aerobic, Step, etc. I would like more excercise programs because it seems like everytime I turn on Fit TV, there is a Spa show or a cooking show when I want excercise....which brings me to question 4...
4. 60 Min Programs!! The 30 minute ones are too short and too many commercials to be worth doing it altogether.
5. I know a lot has been said about the commercials. I think that the commercials should be shorter and maybe put them in where a change of weights on the barbell are required....or maybe during cooldowns. I don't really care for the Fitness Fantasy shows or the Spa shows...maybe another channel for those types of shows. I would like all workouts all the time. And I would like variety, like Yoga, Pilates, stretch, stability ball, step, kickbox, weights, hilo.

Thanks,
Donna

1. Usu. morning, depending on my schedule. Usu. around 9 a.m. (this always varies).
2. 5-7 days per week. With my school schedule Tuesday tends to be my off day (last, this, and next semester). This also depends on my schedule.
3. We have Dish Network and are thinking of changing to Direct TV just for Fit TV. I am not at all interested in spa shows, celebrities, superficial glitzy non-exercise programming. I am interested in a variety of serious, athletic, science-based workouts (cardio, weightlifting, flexibility), esp. interval training, bootcamp, Laura Dayton lower body solution-esque-style training, serious/advanced/athletic step training, bosu, stability and medicine ball work, etc. I would get more out of 60 minute workouts, tho 30 mins. would fit tight schedules at times.

I'm studying to become a fitness professional, so seeing a lot of good workout styles that are going on around the nation interests me (effective, science-based trends).

I'm vegan (naturally high-carb) so nutrition shows that purport a "need" for animal foods or high protein dismay me (so non-science based, misinformative).

Thanks for asking.

1. Afternoons 12-3p.m. EST
2. 3-5 days per week depending on work & school scheduling conflicts.
3. Yes, I have DirecTV and watch Peak Performance at 10p.m. EST
a. More Cardio & Strength-training with fewer commerical interruptions.
b. More Cathe would be lovely.
4. Both as I have different time constraints everyday.

Hi - here are my replies:

1) I work out in the mornings, for around an hour sometime between 8:30AM and 11AM.

2) I work out five to six days per week - no set pattern to which days

3) I JUST realized that my cable system gets FitTV so I'm a very new watcher - haven't seen enough to know what needs to be added or improved upon. I do prefer 60-minute programs.

Cathe,
1) I workout in the mornings at 4:45-6:00 a.m.

2) I try to workout everyday but take a day off when my body needs it.

3) I switched from Dish Network to Direct TV because of Fit TV!!

4) 60 minute program with commercials preferably at the end.

Thanks!

Lora:7

1) 4:15-5am CT
2) M-F at home and Sat/Sun at the gym
3a) Pilates
3b) More Cathe!
4) I like both 30 & 60 minutes to fit whatever I have time for

Hi Cathe,

I exercise from 5:30 - 6:00 in the morning and 7:00-7:30 at night

I usually exercise 5 days a week. Days may vary because of travel schedule.

I have FITTV and watch Gilad, Carribean Workout and Sharon Mann

I would like to see 1/2 hour daily segments of you intermediate to workouts

I would prefer a 1/2 hour workout format with 20-25 mins commercial free. The biggest problem that I see with FIT TV is the break times for commercials.

Cathe, here are my answers!
1) Early, between 5:30am and 7am, CST
2) Mon-Thursday, primarily, sometimes on Saturday
3) I DO NOT GET FIT TV! I live in Houston, TX and I have Time Warner Cable and it is not offered in my area. Will you please ask them why?!?!? :)
4) 60 minute

Lurker weighing in...
1) Mornings 5:30am; Evenings 7pm
2) 6 days, usually Tuesday - Sunday
3) a. MORE CATHE, OF COURSE! Rebounding also.
b. CATHE!
4) 60 minutes (commercials reduce the length anyway)
5) Less "spa finder"-type programs.
:p

I've already answered but wanted to add a few things:
*I also watch Urban Fitness - would love to see an actual workout led by Derek Noble
*Could the FitTV logo be reduced? Sometimes when someone's name is on the screen the FitTV logo and name cover half the screen and I am not able to see everything going on!
*I would love to see Charlene Prickett's show on FitTV!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.