feeling good!

Susan53

I just had time to throw a shirt over my workout clothes to answer the door for a delivery man this morning after I had done MIS. I told him that I had been lifting weights and my signature would maybe be shaky (from those wonderful crazy eights). He said that he used to workout too, but once I got to be his age I'd probably give it up. I'm 53 and he thought I was nearly 10 years younger. Turns out I'm older that he is!

There I was...no makeup...morning hair...and all sweaty and he thought I looked 10 years younger...this working out stuff really pays off! :D :D

I think I'll keep it up! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

ALRIGHT!!!

You go girl!! Keep up the good work. 53 and goin' strong! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Well, I did MIS this morning, too! We put those guys to shame, don't we?! Go ahead and gloat awhile!!!! :7

Well, I did MIS this morning, too! We put those guys to shame, don't we?! Go ahead and gloat awhile!!!! :7

I love it when the more Mature Stud women talk about how good they feel. It makes turning 40 a not so daunting thought! You guys inspire me. Deb D

You ladies are my inspiration. I just turned 38, and I keep wondering if I'm still going to be able to handle Cathe's workouts as the years pass. Knowing that you are DOING it gives me hope. Brava bella amica! Keep up the good work! Suzanna

It is a great feeling of community to know that others are 'out there' somewhere working out and trying to maintain fitness or at least be working at getting there like me.

And it is neat to know that we may even be doing the same thing the same day like with the MIS.

I don't want to get too sappy here;-), but it is an encouragement to me to read these posts and hear of the caring that goes on.

It was nice to hear from you guys. :)

Hey Susan,

The spirit of goodwill is really apparent on these forums. Cathe is as blessed by all of us as we are by her, a mutual admiration society if you will. Just spreading the joy of good health and endorphins! Funny you know, I did MIS yesterday and thought of you. Dang, that tape is tough huh? Love it! Good chatting with you. Deb D

Sooo True!

You hear, "Beware of the Internet", but this is such a fun, safe and caring place to come. I know I've said this 100 times but I am amazed at the caring & sharing that takes place here even if we have different opinions. Cathe has given us the opportunity to be an "Educated Crowd"! Thanks for all your encouragement, ideas and tips everyone! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Susan,
Bask in that great feeling!!! Everyday we work out it sure pays off! I hope at 53 that happens to me.
I'm 43, have 3 teenage sons, 17, 15, 13. One day after working out I too ansewered the door for the UPS man. He asked if I was my husbands daughter. I was elated for days.

Need to get my 2 cents in on this web site and Cathe. There is nothing out there like her. Motivating, encouraging and inspiring. Who else takes the time to ansewer our questions and talk to us.

Thanks Cathe!!!!
Laura

RE: Sooo True!

Hi Deb!

It's okay Deb, you can say it another 100x's! How's the elbow? Hope it is getting better. Did you choose ice, heat, rest, rain dance?? Take care and "Beware of the Internet" it might make you...um, happy! Deb

Hi everyone,

I just logged on for the first time after my vacation and read your post, Susan53. Doesn’t it feel great when someone (male or female) tell you “once you are my age…” and then it turns out they are younger than you?! It had this happen a few times (will turn 50 in May) and boy, does this make my ego swell. Keep up the great work and thanks to all the support and encouragement from all of you! It is awesome to know that there are so many “mature” role models out there!

:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Much Love, Mamabear

It always amazes me the people are surprised when somebody looks good and feels great at 50. With the blessing of good health, I believe that everybody should take the attitude that it can be done. It should be the norm and not the surprise exception. Hopefully over time attitudes will change for the positive.

Hi there Mamabear...I just read your profile and it seems like you have a wonderful life there in Idaho...with the hiking, horseback riding and Cathe's PS series done in succession!!!

But how do you get up at 3:40 in the morning??!!!!!:-wow

I am so happy for you that your bone density is at normal levels now. I'm sure it was a lot of work on your part along with the medication and diet changes that made it happen.

It sure is great to have the encouragement of others as we try to maintain healthy bodies....and Cathe seems to be reading my mind sometimes as I do the tapes along with her....helping me make it to the end when I'm not sure I can:-tired. I think she puts out the best weight tapes and am looking forward to the new ones coming up.

Now if I could just lose about 15 lbs so I could see that muscle definition!

Hi Susan53,

Thanks, and yes, it took a lot of work and PATIENCE to get my bone density to a normal level. But I learned a lot in the process and therefore it has been a blessing in disguise.

I agree with the encouragement of others and have been receiving a lot from all those wonderful posts, even though I only lately started to post myself.

Getting up at 3:40 in the morning has been a routine since my first son was born. That was the only time I seemed to have to myself. 29 years later that has become second nature. I look forward to my time with "Cathe", some yoga and meditation. I love doing it - that must be the answer.

As to your 15 lbs, I had gained 8 lbs last summer and it seemed awfully hard to get rid of those. I had heard so much about writing down everything that you eat – but who has time for that??? Then my husband gave me the vivonic fitness planner in October (early Christmas present). It’s a handheld computer that keeps track of your exercises (the calories you spend) and what you eat. Food and exercises are real easy to enter; almost everything is in this little computer. You can also enter special foods and exercises yourself and customize the program to your needs. It not only keeps track of your calories but also all the other important nutritional values in what you eat. At a glance you can see where your fiber, protein, carb’s and even vitamins are at any given point of the day. I love that system and in no time had lost my 8 lbs and even more (which I really did not need to). What I love most is to know what nutritional values I still need to work on in the early afternoon. If you are interested in this product, go to their web page at www.vivonics.com and check it out. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Much Love, Mamabear

Hi Guys!!

I have been following this post and find you all so inspiring. I turn 40 this summer and I intend to keep my health and fitness a priority. Sharing here at Cathe's place is a kind of "Secret Sisterhood". I think the Vivonic hanheld thing sounds KEWL! I just recently started using a computer program that souns similar Mamabear. It is called DietPower and it has the same kind of features you talk about+ I can enter my own recipes and it will add them to a Favorite foods list and give me calories and nutrient breakdown per seving/print it out in a recipe card etc... This computer program also has a journal feature so I can keep emotions in check as well. I agree that journaling is key to losing weight. I am gonna check out that Vivonics doohickie--sounds like my kind of thing, Good luch gals. Deb D

Hi Guys!!

I have been following this post and find you all so inspiring. I turn 40 this summer and I intend to keep my health and fitness a priority. Sharing here at Cathe's place is a kind of "Secret Sisterhood". I think the Vivonic hanheld thing sounds KEWL! I just recently started using a computer program that souns similar Mamabear. It is called DietPower and it has the same kind of features you talk about+ I can enter my own recipes and it will add them to a Favorite foods list and give me calories and nutrient breakdown per seving/print it out in a recipe card etc... This computer program also has a journal feature so I can keep emotions in check as well. I agree that journaling is key to losing weight. I am gonna check out that Vivonics doohickie--sounds like my kind of thing, Good luch gals. Deb D

Hi Deb D,

That DietPower program sounds enticing too, especially for recipes. Vivonic does not have a recipe feature. Where did you get that program from, do they have a web page?

Much Love, Mamabear

Thanks so much for your suggestions on how I could lose that extra weight.:)

Here I am...really enjoying doing the weights and aerobics but not being able to watch what I eat...and 20 years ago I lost 25lbs in about 3 months....but I could not get myself to exercise then. I can't seem to get the two things to work together :-hmmm.

I lost it in a weight watchers type of eating programme and I found it (at the time) very easy to do. I did it on the buddy system with 2 girls I worked with and that really helped it along.

I know that now that I'm a bit older ;-) it would take me longer and I probably shouldn't go as low as I got back then, but I know the way to do it...and maybe talking to you guys about it will spur me on to making a real effort to watch what I eat and try to get back some of the old eating habits that were healthier for me.

I'm glad you enjoy using the computer counter thingy. I'm not sure if it is for me or not but I'm going to look up the site anyway. Thanks for sharing the information with me.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.