Feeling blue and sad, need some prayer and encouragment

JT

Cathlete
Here it is;

Lately, I've been wanting and needing a change in a REAL bad way. My job is no longer a challenge (hasn't been for a long time) and feel the need to do something else. The job market is flat here so I've been looking elsewhere. Everything I've applied for I'm qualifed by both job experience and education. Different industry but transferable skills in this other location.

In the spiritual sense, HE knows my heart and my mind and my dreams. And, I trust HIM as well. I am grateful that I'm gainfully employed and can enjoy the benefits of the job I currently have.

I ask for your prayers in this on however you are lead. Feeling sorry for myself is not part of my life but I'm humbling myself and asking for help here.

Jennifer, there you are! We've been missing you in our check-in group. I'm so sorry you're feeling down, and of course I'll keep you in my prayers. I know you've been less than happy with your job for a long time and it's my most ardent wish that you find something you love -- that will be both challenging and lucrative. {{{{{JENNIFER}}}}}

Jennifer, in my experience when one door closes another opens...I know it sounds trite, but its good you "put it out there" to the Universe (God) that you want to move on...I firmly believe the right job will come along at the right time. All my best to you, we miss you on our thread as well!:)

Jennifer,

Hugs to you-I will keep you in my prayers. I understand how you feel and I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Just know you have lots of friends here if you need anything.

Sincerely,
Lisa

RE: Feeling blue and sad, need some prayer and encourag...

Hi Jennifer. I know exactly what you're going through as I am currently experiencing it myself. My job itself was never fulfilling to me but it served many purposes. It got me out of a slump, it gave me an income, it provided me with lots of flexibility (extremely important with all the appointments I have), and it truly is a great environment. However, I can't STAND what I'm doing. It is extremely detailed, not challenging, monotonous, you know, all the stuff that makes a boring job boring. :7 I have put myself in God's hands. He and I talk about this all the time. One day I asked to find a new way to appreciate/like my job and that same day, I came up with an idea that would help me "tolerate" it a bit more. That helped for a little while but I'm back to really having a hard time doing my job. I'm also not feeling well so that is definitely contributing to how I approach my job. Anyway, there are 2 opportunities that are on their way to me. One of them I won't know about definitely for at least a month and the other one may not replace my current job but it will be something extra I can do on the side. That, along with other areas of my life, are definitely opening up. I'm releasing all of my negative emotions to Him and allowing the flow to occur and it's amazing how things are shifting. Continue your prayers, releasing the situation to Him, remaining open and allow the universe to work for you. You will experience a wonderful change! I'm sending out prayers of peace and divine change to you along with many hugs!!!!!

Jennifer,
I was going through the same kind of thing a few years ago. I prayed about it, because I just so empty day after day doing the same job that I had initially loved. Well, anyway, I got home from work and had a message on my answering maching from a potential employer I had never met or heard of. Someone had mentioned me for a job opening and she called me based on a verbal referral. I interviewed 2 days later on Thanksgiving Day. I found out I was pregnant later that day. God really hears us and answers in His own time and way. I did get the job and loved it. I had to eventually leave for other reasons, but I really loved working there. Keep up the prayers, and I have prayed for you too.

Jill

Jennifer,
I was going through the same kind of thing a few years ago. I prayed about it, because I just so empty day after day doing the same job that I had initially loved. Well, anyway, I got home from work and had a message on my answering maching from a potential employer I had never met or heard of. Someone had mentioned me for a job opening and she called me based on a verbal referral. I interviewed 2 days later on Thanksgiving Day. I found out I was pregnant later that day. God really hears us and answers in His own time and way. I did get the job and loved it. I had to eventually leave for other reasons, but I really loved working there. Keep up the prayers, and I have prayed for you too.

Jill

(((((hugs))))) good vibes and prayers. HE will help you, from what I understand, you only need to ask.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Jennifer,

I hear you and completely relate. I've been at my job for 10 years and am definitely feeling the need for a change. One of my favorite scriptures is Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

This verse gives me the permission I need to stop - pray - let God fight the battle. So often, I feel like He is moving too slowly. I don't see anything happening and I want to jump in and take over, but the Bible tells me to 'be still'.

I think this is one of the hardest poses to take...to give up control in the midst of something you want changed and allow God to do it in His time. i struggle with it myself. Yet, if we allow God to work in our lives, great things will happen...it's just the 'when' that we don't know.

So, when you feel yourself going into despair, go immediately to God in prayer. empty your heart to Him and allow Him to take control. One thing I'm learning is that in order to make it through each day, I need to empty myself and fill up with Him, before I head out into the world.

In addition to the Bible, I encourage you to get yourself some good books to read (Beth Moore and Joyce Meyer are great - you can even listen to their radio broadcasts online. I do this in the morning when I'm getting ready. Just go to http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/living_proof_with_beth_moore/ or http://www.joycemeyer.org/) this helps you to re-focus. You will find your strength coming back and your communication to God opening more.

I'll be praying for you!

commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him and he will help you. Ps 37:5

Jennifer,

I was in your same situation 2 years ago. What helped me was to write out a pro/con list. The pro/cons for leaving my job and the pro/cons for staying at my job. I also wrote a list of what I wanted in a new job. I read it every day. Within a matter of months I found a new job. I am so much happier. I'm making more money, am less stressed and work with decent people. Writing it all down helped to make it more "real" and defined what I really wanted.

Also, you might want to find something to challenge yourself outside of work. When you find a challenge outside of work your focus will shift to something more positive. This has worked for me as well.

I'll keep you in my prayers and know that you will find what you are looking for.

Jane

Jennifer!

I was wondering where you were at...and we've missed you terribly in Hatesville.

I know you've been dealing with this situation for a while. It sounds like it's coming to a peak,....this is a GOOD thing. This means something is likely to happen very soon. Whatever the thing to happen is, it will be "change" and so much can....happen with change. :)

It sounds like you are feeling moved to have change.

It sounds like you are preparing yourself for something to happen.

GOOD THINGS.

Is your situation such that you can allow yourself change? If it is, embrace the change. That is, after all, what enjoying life is all about - embracing the happenings.

Hatesville is lonely without you and we need you back, Jennifer!

If you feel like talking more in depth, please feel free to do so in our thread, or feel free to email me.

http://mysmileyz.com/s/th_hug.gif

Big hugs,
August

RE: Feeling blue and sad, need some prayer and encourag...

You got it...you will be in my thoughts & prayers! HE knows your needs. Hoping your spirits are lifted soon.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I hear you and know what you're talking about. I think you'll be glad you're looking elsewhere now that you see you can't get what you want/need where you are. The most important thing is to not allow yourself to STAY stuck now that you realize drastic change is necessary. Trust in God is good but, if you're a believer, you know you're expected to take action and help yourself, which you are doing. All those people who pray, wait, and don't understand why nothing changes... Hello. Let your boredom with your present job embolden you to plan, strategize, and reach for something bigger and better. That's what I'm working on, and I'm feeling really excited and hopeful for the first time in years. Also, I really fell off the diet/workout wagon for awhile and now that I'm seriously back the negative moods are lifting and I feel more powerful and in control of my life. You know?

I wish and pray that you find fulfillment. I hope life gives you lots to compensate in happiness outside your job until you find your dream.

Kudos to you for actually doing something about it and for being mindful of your good fortune too. Being in a rut can cause inertia. People are often scared to make the leap. But you seem to be actively seeking. HE helps ALL those who help themselves. Give HIM some time.

~* Vrinda *~

Thank You for your notes of encouragement, good vibes, positive thoughts and prayer. I was able to walk the pier on the lake today and clear my head of negative thoughts. I know it'll happen in HIS time and not mine.

Please keep those prayers coming and I will be able update when something happens.

You got it!

Lord,

I pray right now that you would give Jennifer the encouragement and strength she needs to not only hear Your voice, but to follow Your lead. Circle her with your love and others that can edify her in her time of uncertainity. Allow her to feel your Presence as she is along her journey. Outrageously bless our girlfriend, Father.

Amen.
May His awesome peace be among you. :)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.