Favorite protein bars?

LizC7

Cathlete
I love to grab something in the afternoon as a filling snack - I read that Clif Builder bars are good, also that the Snickers Marathon bars are a good protein snack and the Kashi bars are also recommended. Anyone have a favorite that isn't packed with calories?

I was using Clif Bars until the info about organic brown rice syrup containing low levels of arsenic came out. I've switched to P90x bars.

Lara Bars! They aren't necessarily classifed as a "protein bar" but they are a yummy healthy grab and go snack just the same!:)

thank you everbody for the great suggestions! Natasha, I remember that recipe in Cathe's newsletter and forgot to print it - thank you for the reminder!

thank you everbody for the great suggestions! Natasha, I remember that recipe in Cathe's newsletter and forgot to print it - thank you for the reminder!

Jennifer (and the rest reading this)

These bars were so yummy! Very easy and economical too, considering protein bars can cost a pretty penny. You can modify by simply using vanilla whey protein (which I did) and adding any type of nut butter, shredded coconut, ground flax, nuts, dried fruit, ect. I used to buy protein bars on occasion and now I'm happy I can make these instead!

Natasha

Ooooo..... Those recipes sound wonderful!! Must give those a try :). I'm a Larabar fan also.....Choc chip brownie! Mmmmmm.... Gonna eat one right NOW :-D

I just discoved the Quest bars too and they are fantastic. Lower calorie, natural ingredients and high protein. They come in a lot of flavors. I think they are a little bland, but I don't care because I'm just hungry.

I have to add another vote for Quest bars. I'm a protein bar fanatic (eat one for breakfast every day) but always had a bad feeling about many of the ingredients that were in them. For a long time, I only bought Pure Protein because the taste was okay, very low carb content, and the source of protein was primarily whey and not soy. I could also buy them at Walmart if I ran out before getting the chance to place a bulk order online somewhere.

But I discovered Quest a few months ago and can't bring myself to ever buy another kind of protein bar. The ingredient lists are short and at least 99% all natural (some bars are 100% natural). Also, every flavor I've tried is delicious.

The only drawback is the cost... I buy a bunch of boxes at a time from iHerb.com in order to get their discount and free shipping, but the cost always comes to about $2 per bar. Since it is my daily breakfast, I go through a box very quickly, but I tell myself it's a small price to pay for the convenience and lack of artificial ingredients.

(And no, I don't work for Quest or get any incentive for promoting them!) :)

I've been looking for Quest bars to try. Do any stores carry them? Or do you have to order on line. That might be tough with the summer heat. Which is the best source?

Vitaminne Shoppe carries them but that's the only place I know of. On-line is easiest but annoying also. I just recently tried them and ordered some.

Clif Mojo Chocolate Almond Coconut bars are better than a candy bar in taste. I limit myself to one per week after a long bike ride. They're magically delicious (and full of fat and very little protein). :p

I order my Quest bars online, too. They do have a store locator you can use on their site but they might not all be listed. I know that a trainer in my town carries and sells them and she isn't listed on their site.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.