Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

Sts dic 4

I like pyramid lower body. Thats a good one to do in place of meso 3 legs.
I'm with you on the self control with sweets in the house. I have a friend who will drive to get her cravings fixed. For me, if it's not in the house, I'm fine, I won't hop in the car to get some... Lol. But if anything is in the house I ll know about it, unlike my husband who completely forgets it's even there.

Today I did Rhythmic Step.

I used to hop in the car to go get sweets, but that's how I ended up over 100 lbs. overweight! Now I only buy food once a week and just eat what I have in the house. Before I didn't regularly go food shopping, so that was a big problem. I would frequently go get fast food or something from a convenience store when I got hungry. Looking back on it, not only was that unhealthy, but it was also very inconvenient.

I think the inconvenience factor is what kept lazy me from going out and doing just that... Lol! I shop once a week , too, and I do really well with a menu plan, that way I know what's on the menu, kind of like knowing what workout to do for the day. Seems to really work well for me most days.

I'm a broken record, I know, but LOVE rhythmic step!

Sts disc 5, back and triceps today. Things seem to be going well so far.

Hello Amy and Cendrine,
It sounds like you guys are both doing well. I am slowly getting some relief from my knees and back as long as I don't overdo it. I am doing the antigravity classes twice a week, yoga twice, and presently on meso 3 of the STS. I don't do the leg w/o's since they are a little to stressful for my knees. I was able to get outside and do some yard work over the weekend. It was so nice to be outside enjoying the warmth and the sunshine, but I definitely feel my achy body as a result, hopefully it will be short lived. Today I did sts 27 and core max 2. Tomorrow I am doing a new antigravity program called airbarre, it is similar to turbo barre. I went last week and my knees did ok so I m going to try again tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow and let you know if I survived, lol.
Have a great day.
Katie

Today I did STS disc 27 too, Katie! I also did party Rockin' Step 1. I have been noticing a serious imbalance in my tricep strength. My left side is significantly weaker than the right side. I threw some extra reps on the left side after I finished the right side today. I think I will have to keep doing that for a while until the left side catches up. My left bicep is a little weaker than the right one too, but the difference isn't nearly as noticeable.

Katie, I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief from your knees and back. Yard work can be so hard on the body; I hope you recover from that quickly. And I hope the airbarre class goes well!

I did my AG airbarre today, I felt really good today so I even stayed and did a yoga class. The twice a week yoga and AG classes really seem to have helped my knees and back. I am not really getting any cardio, but so far it doesn't seem to hurt. I have been really good about eating clean so I have actually dropped 5 pds, I never complain when that happens, lol.
I really need to clean my house today but the thought of that isn't really exciting me at the moment. It is a dreary day here so I really should attempt it since the weekend is supposed to be beautiful.
Have a nice weekend.
KAtie

Today I did Low Impact Step and No Equipment Abs.

I guess the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I will probably try to do some yard work. I also need to get peppers started for my garden. I can relate to not being excited about cleaning, Katie. I'll probably put it off until Sunday.

Cleaning never excites me! Lol!
Glad to hear you've figured out a routine to remain active that doesn't hurt you, Katie! Those classes sure sound intriguing!

I forgot to post my workout yesterday. I did week two legs sts.
Enjoy the weekend!

I did not do yard work this weekend. My boyfriend wants to help, and he's not available until next weekend. That's OK; I'm in no hurry. I did start my peppers though. Yesterday I was exhausted again, so I pushed STS off until today. I did disc 25 again, and I took a half-hour walk. The weather was beautiful!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I did Sts w3 legs today.

We were in the yard, although it was not sunny, but it's just so beautiful to see all the plants come back to life! Our local nursery finally had hanging basket plants this weekend, so we made all our baskets yesterday. Because it's been such a warm and early spring, I have been wanting to do the baskets for a while and every time I went to get the plants they weren't ready yet... Lol!

Today was STS 30 and RWH ABS. After doing yard work all weekend this was somewhat more challenging than last week.
We had a beautiful weekend so I got a lot done. Tomorrow will be AG and yoga. I really like doing the combo of them together. The AG class is really fun and mentally a huge stress relief. The yoga class that follows is "hot " so it really stretches out everything.
The airbarre class I mentioned is where you use the hammock as your bar, there is instability this way which challenges your core. It is supposed to be like a dance class but I haven't seem any dance movements as of yet. It really is a fun class and fries your legs.
I am going to richmond for the weekend to see my son play soccer, I am really excited. He had a great game this weekend that we could watch on TV. Hopefully he will have a good game on saturday as well.

Today I did Low Max Intervals 1-4 Premix.

Cendrine, that's great that you were able to make your baskets finally!

Katie, that's so cool that you could watch your son's game on TV. I hope he has a great game this weekend!

I did my AG class today, I was the only one there so I got a private lesson. She was able to teach me some more advanced tricks since I have the core strength, if only that could happen every class!! The owner is giving me a great "unlimited" class price so I have decided to do it daily. The lifting seems to aggravate my carpal tunnel, and since cardio bothers my knees I decided it wasn't worth doing it anymore. I love all of cathe's DVD's so this was a hard decision but one I really needed to make. Hopefully my own body wt will be enough to keep my conditioning.

Today I did Gym Style Legs. I also took a nice long walk after work.

Katie, it sounds like the place where you take your classes is pretty awesome, and it's really working for you. I think you've made the right choice, even though it's a hard one. With individualized attention from time to time from the instructor, I bet she can help you find ways to keep your conditioning. That is so great that you get private lessons sometimes. Take full advantage of it!

I love that you got a private lesson! You deserve it! I agree with Katie, sounds like a great health club, I would love one close by like yours! Your classes sound awesome and it seems like the workouts still accomplish your goal of fitness minus the pain. Sounds like a winner to me!

Yesterday and today I did Sts 7 and 8, both upper body, and walked on the treadmill. Weather is gorgeous today so I will be in the yard for some more exercise later today.

I have been very fortunate that this type of yoga has come to our area, normally they are only in the big cities. If you want to see what these classes entail you can google antigravity yoga and airbarre, seeing these videos made me so curious. The fact that the classes haven't been packed amazes me, hopefully it stays that way for awhile.
This morning I took my dog for a walk, did some errands this afternoon and am going to an AG class at 6:00. Tomorrow will be airbarre, such a unique w/o as well.
I will going away for the weekend. Have a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!!

Today I did Low Max (step combos only premix) and Weights & Plates Abs. My calves and hamstrings are still a little sore from yesterday, but not too bad. I also got a short walk in since it was really nice out.

I checked out some videos of antigravity yoga and airbarre. That looks so fun!

Today I took a long walk (it was so nice out!) and did STS disc 27. My calves are still sore from Gym Style Legs, and I didn't even use any weight for the calf exercises.

I did a walk yesterday and sts legs week 3 today.
Weather here is gorgeous too. I found some miniature columbines at Costco, so I will be planting those today. They are so cute. When it was really nice beginning of March I had sowed lots of flower seeds in a bare area of the yard, but then it got cold again. I thought it was a complete loss. But yesterday when I went weeding there I saw one lone survivor baby lupine standing strong... also, another big columbine has reproduced a whole patch of babies. I'll be separating those out as they get a bit bigger and planting them in that bare area. Life is just exploding in the yard!

Amy, I have stopped doing calf work because I'm always sore later and I don't like how it bulks me up...
Katie, have fun on your weekend away. I will google your classes when I have a chance.

Cendrine, columbines and lupines remind me of my mother's garden when I was a kid. So pretty!

Yesterday I did Step Blast, and today I did STS disc 28 and took a walk. Today was probably the last good walking weather day for a while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.