Exerciers with physical health challenges new check in

That's awesome, Amy, congrats! Those muscles are working for you even if you can't see the definition yet. Every pound of muscle you add is like another fat burning factory, since they burn more calories even at rest, than the same weight in fat.
I did the Body Max 2 upper body and abs section for workout today. I pulled out my juicer for the first time in months last night and made everyone a big fresh juice for dinner. I used to juice veggies at least once a week and then stopped for a long time because it didn't fit in with what I was doing. But I'd like to incorporate it back in, we all enjoy juice and such a great way to up the vitamins and minerals for a boost.

Thanks Cendrine! I might look into juicing once I get a garden up and running. That would be a great way to use up my veggies before they go bad, especially if they can't be frozen. I am so ready for spring that I already bought some vegetable seed packets last weekend.

It might be warm enough for me to go for a walk next week. They're talking upper 40s. That would be so great!

Today I did STS disc 21.

We are growing kale from seed right now also sewed some flowers, hoping they will take. It's been so nice I think I may jump the gun and cold will ruin it later...

Workout for me was butts and guts leg blast. Sore already....

Tonight I did a mix of Party Rockin' Step 1 & 2 I made with Workout Blender. I didn't pick the most blendable segments apparently, because the transitions were not very smooth, but it was still fun.

I have always heard about the workout blender but could never figure out where to find it. Do you have to have Roku in order to do it?

My workout was drill max cardio blast premix.

Workout blender only works with downloaded videos, so it doesn't work with Roku or OnDemand, or even DVDs.

Today I did Rhythmic Step and a Tamilee Webb abs video.

Thanks for explaining that, Amy. It would be fun it they gave access to it through this website. All of us who have purchased all her dvds, might be nice to be given free access to the downloads of the dvds we own... But that would be a pain to make work for them I guess.

I did butts and guts floor work and abs.

I wish we could have free access to downloads of the DVDs we've bought too. I've discovered the issue with my STS discs freezing is not my DVD player. I can see tiny scratches in the ones that freeze. I was thinking that it's too bad I couldn't trade them in for the downloaded version.

Yesterday I did STS disc 20 (I did the OnDemand version to avoid freezing). Today I did pilates abs and finally went for a walk! I only walked for about a half-hour because it was my lunch break, but it was too nice outside to not squeeze in a walk before it cooled off. It's supposed to be in the 50s all week, so I'm hoping to be able to get a walk in every day.

I'm glad you are having nice weather too! It is really nice to be able to be outside and be warm!

If I were you, I would contact customer service about the tiny scratches and ask if they will replace the dvds. I'm not sure if they will, but if it's not your DVD, it might be worth a try.

Gym style legs for me today.

It was so nice today! It was in the 60s. I need to get outside and tend to my yard a little. I started trimming some bushes over the weekend, but there is a lot more trimming to go. I got a 40-minute walk in today, and I did STS disc 21. I have two more weeks of meso 2. I'm getting nervous about the plyo moves in meso 3. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to substitute something else.

I did check into the policy about scratched discs. They have instructions on shop.cathe.com about how to fix them, and it sounds like they want you to try those methods first. If I can't get them fixed by following the instructions, I will definitely be contacting customer service. It sounds like exchanging them should be pretty easy.

Sounds like you got lots of good exercise in, awesome!
I was worried about the plyo the first round through Sts too. I just remember it being hard, but the second time through I actually really enjoyed it. You can always choose the strenght leg meso 3 instead.

I hope you'll be able to get those dvds fixed!

Workout was Imax3 premix and ab hits 5
I have lots of work in the yard... Should be out there a little bit every day but am really dragging right now and have so many other things that need doing as well... If only gardeners weren't so expensive...

I also just came home with piles of computer programming how to books. Ds is very much interested and the curriculum we have been using leaves us scratching our heads. So I'm trying to see if there is more easy to understand material available out there... Lots of heady reading ahead for me, my poor brain is just not geared or equipped with the vocabulary bank needed to make this easy reads...

Wow, computer programming would be some very challenging reading!

I was thinking about doing the strength leg meso 3 with a weight vest. I don't know if those are bad for the back though. I might just do something else altogether, or redo meso 2 for legs, because I'm not that concerned about building up my legs that much. They're already pretty big and strong. My upper body really needs work though!

Today I took a 3-mile walk.

I used the weighted vest for meso three. I never went as heavy as Cathe, though and it was before I hurt my back. Someone else did the slow and heavy legs instead of meso three legs. I agree with you that there is a place where you just start maintaining a lifting weight and don't keep building higher, there is a limit that doesn't need to be pushed. At least that's where I'm at now. Healthy maintenance is much more beneficial than pushing it and getting hurt in the process. I also find that when I push beyond my Maintenance level, I end up dreading the workouts and not enjoying them any more. Enjoyment has to be part of it for me, otherwise I will start skipping workouts and that's not what I want.

Workout today is muscle max upper body premix.

I'll mix it up for legs for meso 3 I think. I'd like to add some more floor work for legs, or at least something that will focus on areas I've been neglecting.

Today I went for a walk. I keep trying to walk fast enough to get my heart rate up, but I just don't seem to be able to. So I in addition to my walk I did Step Blast Combos 1,2 & Challenge Premix. I also did Stability Ball abs.

Have you tried walking with a weighted vest? Or Dumbbells in your hands?

I did muscle max lower body and abs.

I have thought about walking with a weighted vest. That's the next item on my wish list. I wonder if weighted gloves would be enough to add some intensity? I have 3 lb. weighted gloves (1.5 lbs. each).

Yesterday I was completely exhausted due to what I am assuming are age-related changes. Over the past several months I have started experiencing bloating, cravings, and exhaustion around the middle of my cycle. I have never had PMS before, so I am starting to think this is an early prelude to menopause. I decided to just listen to my body and skip working out. I took a brief (20-minute) walk and did a little yard work before the exhaustion kicked in, so I figured that was good enough. I pushed my STS workout to tonight, which worked out just fine since I was feeling much better today. I did STS disc 22, Basic Step, and Stretch Max #1 tonight.

Hi Ladies,
It sounds like you all are enjoying the spring season and finally the arrival of nicer weather. We had a few warm days but this week looks cold. I have been doing a 3 mo STS rotation (upper body only) and doing yoga. I tried the swimming but really didn't enjoy it. It is so much easier working out at home at my convenience. I am doing some of the LIS series but they wipe me out for the day (due to the pain) which is sooooo frustrating. I have been having problems with my hips and back, along with my knees (will it ever end). I just went in for xrays and am waiting for the results. All my blood work is fine, so they feel my issues are "wear and tear" from working out all these years. It is amazing how all the research says exercise helps prevent arthritis and here I am full of it because of exercising! I guess if you are genetically prone to it you are doomed. Sorry for the ranting, thanks for letting me vent.
I hope you have a great week.

Amy, weighted gloves will definitely help. They might be enough so you won't need a vest, worth trying before buying one. Sorry about the Pms, no fun! I go in phases, some months I'm fine, others I have major inflammation hitting me with the cycle.

Katie, glad to hear you are finding an exercise that works for you for now. I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain! Did you see Costco carries a turmeric supplement now? I used it this past week because I had a bad flare up. I took a lot, several times a day for a few days and it has helped get me back to more normal. I hope the X-rays give you some answers and some solutions to try. I have a hard time believing this is all due to exercise. I tend to think there are many factors that lead to inflammatory issues, but finding the root cause is the tricky part. I keep reading and hearing everywhere that with the more gut health comes better balance, less inflammation and overall less auto immune responses. It's something I think is good to pursue even if it doesn't solve the other issues, but apparently it can take months for the restored gut health to start paying positive dividends on other issues such as inflammation and other pain, so it would be hard to tell what is working and would be a long term project. Keep us posted on the results!

Workout for me was LIS lower body split.

Have a great day!

Yesterday I did STS disc 23 (it wiped me out!), and today I did Rhythmic Step and Weight & Plates Abs. The weather got colder, so no more walks for me for a little while. I'll try walking wearing weighted gloves when it warms up again.

Katie, if you're ever looking for some knee-friendly (and other joint-friendly) workouts, I know Jessica Smith has some free ones on her Youtube channel. Her workouts aren't usually very challenging, but some days I appreciate that :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.