Early Check-in

H

honeybunch

I guess I'll start this......
it's been a sort of OK week for me, although I sort of wore out by the end of the week. I usually take a break after 6 weeks but felt good enough to keep going. I want to go 12 weeks and take a break. We'll see how that goes.

Sunday: Nuttin'
Monday: One of the new Taebo Advanced QVC tapes
Tues: MIS - the Crazy 8's were easier this week
Wed. StepFit
Thurs: Nuttin'...I pooped out :-tired
Friday: Nuttin' again. :-tired
Saturday: I HOPE to do a mall walk, just 'cause I like to walk in malls, and try to do MIS again.

That would still be four days of exercise in one week, which is certainly OK. I want to get used to my bike next week, so I want to spend the whole week alternating between the bike and walking as a sort of "light week." Next week I want to try Step Works, and then I'll be a Cathe "graduate" of sorts. I'll have done all the hard tapes. Those are the best ones, aren't they?

Now it's spring and the time changes next week! Here in this part of the Buckeye state it's supposed to SNOW through Monday! at least it won't last that long. Easter is 3 weeks away!!! a busy time to be working in a church. Lots of overtime. Never a dull moment, however! I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl....that's why I love it!!!! I should be keeping a journal, but I'm not.

Got to stay away from those peeps this week!!!!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-01 AT 03:27PM (Est)[/font][p]Honeybunch,
How could you do this to me???!!! As the week went by and nary a workout was done, I reminded myself of your 6 weeks on, 1 week off program, and decided I'd better join in! And now, this...
Just teasing, though--good for you for feeling up to ditching the week off! I think the light week next week sounds like a good idea, though I've heard your walks are anything but light!
Here's my week:
Monday: Work, taking DVD all the way across town to Phoenix for repair, and taking boyfriend to the airport all got in the way...
Tuesday: throwing up got in the way
Wednesday: again with the flu...
Thursday: attempted 20 minutes of Keli Roberts circuit tape--no fun and a headache from he** got in the way
Friday: the week off idea really kicked in
Saturday: I'm going to TRY to fit MIS and a cardio in, but it is spring cleaning day, so I doubt it!

******edit: I actually did fit MIS in, but substituted Kathy Smith's Secrets for the lower body work, using a barbell when that guy in the back used dumbells. Boy, that floor work seemed tough, actually--I was hoping it would seem easy....and the upper body from MIS seemed tougher than ever (I went up just a tad with the weight)...anyway, now I'm motivated to do a big cardio tomorrow!!!

Sunday: Stepworks or PowerMax

I'm not feeling bad about this little mishap. Other than a back injury a while ago, it's the first week in a LOONNGG time that I haven't worked out at least 4 or 5 times. Soooo, next week is Spring Break, and that will be a great time to get back into things :-jumpy (of course it will be in the 90's, but I'll live with the AC on full blast!)

Have a great week, everyone.
Wendy

Hi, Honey!
I thought I'd try this checkin thing...it is a good accountability tool and a good way to see how everyone puts Cathes vids into "real life". Here goes...

My week really started on Friday as I left for Pismo Beach for a Womens Church Retreat weekend.

Friday-Body Max ( just the Step part) and off to retreat.

Saturday- Glorious beach and weather- 3 sets of push-ups and a 30
min. run with a couple of gals. Later in afternoon a solo 40 min. run!!!! :7

Sunday- ONE MORE RUN on the beach 40min. barefoot!!!

Monday- Leaner Legs+ 3mi. run with hubby.

Tuesday-4mi.run+ MIS Upper Body and ABs

Wednesday-OFF-legs are tired.:-tired

Thursday- 4 mi. run with hubby~ more like marriage counseling.

Friday-Spin class+ MIS legs lt.weight.

Saturday-4mi. run+ MIS upperbody.

Sunday-Probably do 1/2 of either Gins intense moves or IMax...see how I feel after a late night of singing...:-rollen

Just beautiful here in Central California...SPRING!!! Wild flowers and snow melting in the Sierras, hence all my runs on the canal. Gets hot-hot-hot-in the summer and I turn into a gekko. Enjoying the sring for now, I'll pray for some sunshine your way HB. Have a great weekend all. Hope you feel better Wendy. Deb D

Okay, I'll join the check-in.

Honeybunch - crazy 8's...easy?? You are one strong woman!:-wow!
Wendy - sorry to hear about you're being under the weather...get better soon :).
DebD - Just looking at all that running poops me out :-tired! I am not a running afficionado (?spelling?) but I have a lot of respect for those of you who are...you go :)!!

Here's my week:

Sunday - PS SLA; PS CST; PS BBA
Monday - Cardio Kicks; Living Arts Power Yoga for Beginners: Flexibility
Tuesday - Circuit Max (doing lower body only for weight segments); CTX Upper Body Split; planks, abs, and stretch from Power Circuit
Wednesday - 45 minutes elliptical machine
Thursday - CIA 2102: Power Bar Training
Friday - CTX combo of w/u from All Step; cardios from All Step and SNI; stretch from 10-10-10
Saturday - MIC

'Til next time...have a great week everyone,
Lisa :)

Well, my week basically SUCKED (for lack of a better word!)...but I expected it to so I wasn't terribly disappointed...

You see, I had a scheduled oral surgery for Thursday for two impacted teeth in my upper palate....something I have NOT been looking forward to, but that needed to be done...which explains my lousy workout week...as you will see...

Monday: Nada. Getting uptight about the upcoming Thursday.
Tuesday: Circuit Max.
Wednesday: Body Max Upper Body Weight Portion only + Ab work
Thursday: SURGERY
Friday: IN PAIN
Saturday: IN PAIN

I was really thinking of trying a yoga tape tomorrow, but I'm still on painkillers and antibiotics and it's probably not a good idea. Patience is one thing I don't do very well at, so hopefully I won't do anything foolish like work out too soon!!!

Terri

The morning was VERY young when I posted....as it turns out, I'm REALLY going to take off until Thursday. I have a "female" problem that I have to visit the Doc about next Wed., :-(so I'm going to take it easy till then. So there, SIX WEEKS ON & ONE OFF! I figure I deserve it because of Stepworks. I'm going to view it a couple of times first.

doctor...

Hope your appointment goes well, Honeybunch.
You are going to breeze right through Stepworks, I'll bet--didn't I read that you don't modify a thing in BodyMax?!? The choreography is more complicated in Stepworks, but I got it the first time through, so you'll be fine!!!
Again, good luck with the doctor!
Wendy

Hi All!

Honeybunch, enjoy your much deserved rest. Hope the Dr appt goes well.

Terri, hope you are recovering from the oral surgery - ouch! And Wendy, hope you are over the flu bug. Amazingly I didn't catch it this season (knock wood).

Deb D glad you enjoyed your retreat. I live along the beach in Florida but hardly ever run on it because there are so many tourists.

I did a push pull rotation with CTX and BMX this week:

S - CTX Power Circuit with back + BMX back + CTX Chest + abs
M - CTX Kickbix with bis + BMX bis + CTX Tri+ abs
T - LL plus CTX Shoulders + abs
W - CTX S&I with chest + BMX chest + CTX back
TH- 10 10 10 + tris + BMX Tris + CTX bis + abs
F - CTX All Step with shoulder + BMX shoulder + abs

I should probably join in on the week of rest since my elbows and knee joints are a little achy. But I know me, I'll get restless and workout anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming week! :)

Lorrie

HB, Slightly concerned. Maybe, peeps are the prescription needed...Wendy, you gotta give in to it sometimes (and Terri,too.)

I had a good week because I think my upcoming week might be "less than par"...because TOMORROW I GO WITH MY HORSE TO THE TRAINER!! :D I'll be working with him (on my feet) for 6 hours a day for 5 days straight...so, videoworld may cease to be a priority.

This week I did:
Mindy's 2101 Body Pump (she does high impact lunges WITH WEIGHTS--I Love Mindy, but that's dumb.

Interval Max
MIS
Voight Smooth Moves
Kari Anderson/Jay Blahnik Classic Step *new to me; I liked, even tho I still think he is a wimp.
Minna Lessig Strength & Grace, second try, no better.
Jane Step & Stretch **this chestnut may be put on the bone pile
Pure Strength All 3 Tapes: my favorites.

Wish me luck with my Echo-Bird!!!

Hey everybody! We've got a bunch of early birds today. :)

My week was pretty good. I changed to an EARLY morning workout and my intensity was not quite up there but still good solid workouts. Here it is:

MONDAY: CTX-Chest, CTX-Back AND Stepping Zone (30 minutes)

TUESDAY: CTX-Triceps, CTX-Biceps AND Hi/Lo Heaven (30 minutes)

WEDNESDAY: CTX-Shoulders, CTX-Leaner legs and abs AND Actionpacked (15-minutes)

THURSDAY: CTX-Chest, CTX-Back AND Stepping Zone (30 minutes)

Friday: CTX-Triceps, CTX-Biceps and abs AND Stepping Zone (30 minutes)

SATURDAY: CTX-All Step/Shoulders

I have been getting up around 5 or 5:30 a.m. and I guess it will take a little getting use to. I felt like I just wanted to crawl back in bed even after working out but I pressed forward and hopefully will get use to this early kind of thing!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Kelly

Who's getting trained?

OK Murph, what are you & your beautiful horse going to do with the trainer?

Good luck Honeybunch. I just got back from my last doc visit after being preg and having a tubal and when she said bottoms off only I started to whine...AGAIN!

Everyone has such great weeks!

I am doing a Firm rotation with subs to get me back up to Cathe level :)
Sun. Tough Tape 2 and 5 min. of Ab Attack
Mon. 9905 hi/lo (only 22 min...got tired!) and 7 min. of Ab Attack
Tue. Vol. 4, actually liked this one
wed. Tough Tape and 8 min. of Ab Attack
Thur. The Wedding Video aerobics only. First time. Was thinking I should raise my step after the first section. Then about died on the second!
Fri. Fun at the docs
Sat. Vol. 6, too much box work

Andrea

Honey B. ~
Sending happy toughts your way and hope all goes well at the Doc's. Sure it won't trip you up too bad. Here are some Central California Poppy Prayers :-sleepy:-sleepy:-sleepy

Are the poppies in a zone? That was cute!!! Actually, it's just a precautionary thing....one of those menopausal deals. Annoying stuff happens as we age, but we always fight it kicking and screaming!

Hi everyone!! I'm seriously thinking about taking a week off as HB does(even though she didn't do it this time!) Just kidding HB;-)! I haven't taken a week off since the last week of July, when we went on vacation. I thought maybe take this next week off before I begin a PS rotation. What do you all think?? Ok, here's my week.

MON: Yoga, All Step, and LL

TUES: Kathy Kaehler's Fitness System and Yoga

WED: Yoga, tap class, Urban Rebounding, and Body Pump

THRUS: Yoga and Intense Moves

FRI: Yoga. Was getting new carpet installed the rest of the day.

SAT: Yoga, 10-10-10, and Power Circut

SUN: Yoga, SNI, and Kickbox

T-ball season has offically begun, so now I'm rearranging my schedule to get my workouts in right after work instead of at night. I love coaching, but boy do I miss being able to rest for a while after work, before working out!! OK, have a great week everyone!!

Aimee

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-01 AT 09:13PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi everyone.

Honeybunch----hope all goes well for ya at the doctor's...and yes 4 days of workouts is certainly ok!! More than alot of people do.

Terri -- hope you start feeling better real soon. I am wincing thinking about when I got my wisdom teeth out. Kinda painful! :)

Everyone's week looks great....keep up the good work ladies.

My week was good, despite the fact I have pulled the hamstring in my left leg. Not too severe, very slight in fact, but I definitely felt it while working out.

Here is my week:

Mon. -- 35 min. on the stationary bike. >95 rpms on resistance setting 14 was my goal, I only lasted 20 mins. before cutting the setting back to 11 to finish out. Weight work on legs, shoulders. Abs on ab roller. Dont know if I was in a bad mood or what but I watched 4 people working out while reading magazines and it was very irritating to me.!! Would someone please explain THAT to me? How can you read and get any kind of decent cardio workout? To me these people should just go sit on their sofa at home and forget the gym. That's my rant for today!!! :)

Tues. -- IMAX....this really exposes my lack of jumping ability! :)

Wed. -- 30 min on the bike, >90 rpms on setting 14. Legs felt like lead basically. Weight work on chest, back, and arms using dumbbells for a change from last week. Abs on the roller. Went home and watched Aerosmith go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. God they kick butt every time they get on a stage!! AWESOME!!

Thurs. --nada
Fri. -- 35 min. on bike again. This time I did intervals, varying resistance and rpms. Also decided to do 2 sets of weights on all machines in the fitness center hitting all major muscle groups. Took me awhile to finish but it was worth it. Got quite a good pump! :)

Sat. -- Bodymax despite being sore as anything. Then watched Maryland beat Stanford.....YEAH!!!

Sun. -- no workout...I am too pooped! :) Shopping with Michelle for more outfits for Brandon, the Osh-Kosh baby! lol

This next week I will be back on the precor for my cardio.
Hope everyone has a great week.

:) Trevor :-jumpy

Hi Aimee,
I loved coaching my son Matthew in t-ball and coach pitch......it's so neat watching kids that age have fun while learning to play. Hope to do it again with my 2 month old Brandon when he gets old enough!
Good luck!

Trevor

Some pretty good weeks everyone! All those dealing with health problems, I hope the doctor appointmeents go well and recoveries are fast.

I have one more week on the CTX rotation left. I have a feeling my strength and edurance may have gone down a little. Next rotation, I want to get back to MIS, MIC, and Bodymax. For some reason, I have put on a couple of lbs and hope the rotation change will shake things up a bit.

Here was my week:

Mon. CTX 10-10-10 with some abs
Tues. CTX Power Circuit
Wed. Nothing - Had to leave at 4:15 a.m. to take my husband to
the airport came home and went to bed for 30 min before
the gang got up for school
Thurs. CTX Leaner Legs, with 25 min brisk walk and run on
the treadmill.
Fri. Cardio Kicks with Biceps and abs from CTX Kickbox
Sat. Interval Max with Chest from CTX Step and Intervals

We are still waiting for Spring here in Nebraska. Soccer and Baseball will be in full swing in a matter of weeks! It has been one long winter for everyone!

Have a great week !!

Lynn W

New to Check In

Hi folks,
I have been reading the Cathe website for about 2 years. It's time to jump in. Most of your names are familiar. This web site seems like family to me. I spend more time on Cathes site then on anything else. Yes...I use Cathe wallpaper and her Theme. Today I posted a profile, don't know if it will show up.

This week was an off one.
Mon. MIC
Tues. ran 5 miles, 1 hour raquetball
Wens., Thurs., Fri., Sat., sick
Sun. I am sitting here procrasting about putting in PowerMax or just eating a pop tart and watch the Academy Awards!

I think the pop tarts are going to win.

Monday WILL be a fresh start.

See Ya All,
Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.