Early Check In W/E 12/9

H

honeybunch

Since I'm ambitious this morning and already posted my recipe, I thought I'd do a check in. I was SO good this week with my exercise, even with 2 days off.

Saturday: Taebo II & CTX shoulders & Biceps
Sunday: Nuttin
Monday: Chest & triceps (my own combo) and Power Circuit
Tuesday: Run/walk at the Y for 30 minutes, until my feet gave out. Knew I had to get insoles and probably bigger shoes to fit them.
Wed: Nuttin
Thurs. Imax! I forgot how much fun this tape is.....I did really well and got through it without feeling half dead. That proves how much better my fitness level has gotten over the months.
Friday: Meaner Legs and a 20 minute walk/run to try out the new shoes and insoles.

That's it.....please check out my new recipe. You will be the star of any party you take it to, I guarantee it!!!!!

Happy week, and happy shopping, eating and working out. :D

Hello everyone! This week was a busy one with Christmas stuff and other things that kept me on the go. I still had a pretty good exercise week.

Monday: Cardio Kicks I was sore the next day but it felt great
Tuesday: MIS
Wednesday: MIC I did the Hi/Lo (which is not my favorite type of exercising) with only 1 water break and then did most of the step. My goal is to be able to finish this entire tape with no water breaks. That may take a while!!!!!
Thursday: MIS
Friday: Kathy Smith's Step Workout I use to do this when I first started exercising and it was challenging. Not anymore. Since I started Cathe's tapes this particular tape was like taking a Sunday afternoon stroll. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Don't get me wrong I like Kathy but it was great to see that I have progressed since those days. Very encouraging. :-jumpy

I want to applaud Cathe. She is an intelligent and strong woman and she is so inspiring. I hope she is still making advanced videos when we are all 100 years old! :)

I had planned on doing some type of exercise today even though I usually take Saturday off (unless I miss a day during the week) but I have had a migraine all night. I can't seem to get rid of it and it is about to drive me crazy. Does anyone else have migraines? It is awful. It is a little better now but still hurting. Makes me want to scream but believe me that does not help.x(

Anyway, hope everyone had a great week!

Kelly

Hi everyone...guess I'll check in too.

Great weeks to both Honeybunch and Kelly.
And Kelly...don't worry about taking water breaks during MIC (trust me, you need them or you might get dehydrated). If you're worried about your heart rate going down, just jog in place or tap up and down on the step while you're sipping away on that H20. I always take brief water breaks like this during my workouts :). Keep up the great work!

This week I tried to use the cardios from each of the CTX workouts twice, here's how it worked out.

Sunday - (a marathon of CTX cardio): warm-up of 10-10-10, cardios from 10-10-10, All Step, and Step & Intervals; brief cool-down from Step & Intervals, stretch from 10-10-10; PS CST; abs and stretch from All Step
Monday - warm-up from CTX Kickbox, cardios from CTX Kickbox and Power Circuit; PS BBA
Tuesday - Interval Max + cardio from Step & Intervals (this was tough :-tired); CTX chest
Wednesday - CTX Kickbox (as is) in AM; Leaner Legs in PM
Thursday - 10-10-10 (as is)
Friday - Power Circuit (as is)
Saturday - All Step (as is)

Hope everyone had great weeks.
Talk to you later,
Lisa :)

RE: Hi everbody!!!

Great week guys!! Well, this was my first time on the PS tapes and I must say, I LOVE THESE TAPES!!!! Wow!! I never did slow and heavy before, I like the change of pace!! Awesome!! Alrighty then, onto my week!!!!

SUN: PS CST and PS SLA

MON: PS BBA and StepFit(fun and challenging tape!)

TUES: The Joy of Yoga( I'm a little leary about taking a day off, and doing yoga, but I'll trust Cathe's judgement on this. Besides, Wed. when I woke up my back had never felt better!! Usually, I have a problem with a stiff and tight back.)

WED: CircutMax (kept it very very low impact.) Taught my BodyPump and did a little bit of tap dancing. I used to dance and teach it so it felt good.

THURS: StepWorks( WOW!! What a workout!!)

FRI: PS CST and PS SLA

SAT: Today I did PS BBA, MIC(step only), DonnaMite(low impact) and some Yoga for a half an hour on my own.

SUN: Tomorrow I will do PS CST and PS SLA

Ok, That's my week!! Happy Holidays everyone!!!

checking in

Hi there! I'm checking in before I've done todays workout, so that I'll feel more motivated to do it! Actually, I already am pretty motivated, because I am actually feeling a chill in the air! I always feel so much better working out in a cold environment--whether its outside or in. Lately its been not warm enough to put on the air conditioning, but just a little more warm than I like with just the windows open while I work out. Today should feel great :)

Honeybunch--Yay! (about Imax)--I still don't have that one, but by Dec. 26 I hope to be its proud owner...

Kelly--I agree with the waterbreak thing! I think instructors, video and otherwise, probably want their "students" to take water breaks--they themselves just don't so that the class keeps its flow. I'd say to keep going for the water! (But great job on feeling strong enough not to :) )

Lisa--Ugh! Your doubled and tripled up cardio looks somewhat like torture ;-) Way to go!

Aimee--Hi! I am so happy to see that you took Cathe's advice on the rest day thing!!! I knew that would be tough for you, but I think you'll love it when you get used to it. So good for you body to have a break...

Here's my week:
MONDAY: CTX kickbox from 10-10-10 + CTX kickbox
CTX bis, back and abs

TUESDAY: rest

WEDNESDAY: Leaner legs (upped my weight and felt it--this was so fun--I was shaking and sweat was poooooring off of me--But I was laughing!!!)
CTX shoulders, tris and abs

THURSDAY: Step and Intervals + step from 10-10-10
+CTX chest

FRIDAY: TWV (wu and section 1) + Stepworks (part of 1st section)
=45 min cardio

SATURDAY: rest (unplanned)

SUNDAY: MIS and 45 minute hike

I got in my four cardio days, and two body parts a week, and felt good :)
Have a wonderful week !
Wendy

My week was definitely better than last week!

Monday: Okay, so it didn't start off so well... NOTHING!
Tuesday: PS Chest, CTX Shoulders, CTX Triceps
Wednesday: CTX Power Circuit, Back and Ab work
Thursday: Power Kicks
Friday: PS Shoulders & Triceps/PS Biceps/Circuit Max
Saturday: Leaner Legs

Kelly: First off, I wanted to mention that I had a migraine all night also! Very frustrating...I hardly ever get headaches so have been clueless as to how to handle this. I popped some Tylenol but it's still there...Hope yours is better!

Am still debating on whether to work out today or not....feeling fairly lazy but not TOTALLY lazy, if you know what I mean. Guess we'll see how the day goes...it doesn't help having a husband who's sick with a cold sitting next to me on the couch either!

Have a good week all!

Terri

Another not great week

Things started off so well.

Sunday: CIA 9908 with Jennifer. Very fun, very high energy. Felt great!

Monday: REST. Mondays are tough school days, so it's usually my planned rest.

Tuesday: MIS. It about killed me, but I did it!

Wednesday: Happy Hour Hi/LO Another very fun workout! I was pretty sore, but the workout helped work the kinks out.

The rest of the week is history. Thursday was spent doing holiday stuff, and then I got hung up at the airport until almost midnight picking my parents up. I only got a workout if you count the walking completely around the airport 25 times waiting for the plane to come it. It was a brisk walk, as I started out very annoyed that my sweet, yet thoughtless, hubby didn't think to call and have me paged to let me know my parents missed their connection. Long story, but they did FINALLY get in. It's an hour drive home ( which is why there was no use going home after I finally found out they weren't on the plane I was waiting for. :-( ). The kids still get up at 6 AM, so I was very much wiped out on Friday. Although the desire to wok out was there, the oomph just wasn't, especially if I was going to stay awake for the concert we were attending that night. It's probably a good thing, because by the end of the night I was having serious pain in my foot that was shooting all the way up my leg. It was really bad. I think that all of my airport walking in inappropriate footwear was the major contributor. Then when I wore the same shoes to the concert, it tipped the scales. After motrin and application of moist heat ( Okay, my dog licked my foot for half an hour. What can I say? She has a fetish, and it seemed to be helping, so I let her. :) ) it got a lot better. It was completely gone by Saturday AM, but I figured that with pain that intense just a short time before, it would be dumb to do a workout. I'm going to try a gentle something today and see what happens. Hopefully it wasn't anything major, since it hasn't recurred. And that's my long saga of why, even though I consider my slump to be over, I still only did 3 workouts this week. :)

Have a great week, everyone! This will be last my check-in until after the holidays, since we're off to the in-laws! Have a wonderful holiday, everyone!!!!

Erin

howdy!!!

WOW :-wow You guys have had great weeks!
HB-thanks for posting all of your recipes-you definitely give ME motivation to work out! gotta burn off all that cake ;-)
Kelly-sorry to hear about your migraine trouble-no, screaming DEFINITELY won't help although that's usually what I wanna do too
LisaG-what a marathon of cardio, hopefully I'll be up to that this week, but IMax followed by Step&Int.-you CRAZY :D
Aimee-isn't yoga awesome for that? I am trying (not always very successfully) to add in yoga on a little more regular basis, I had a strange story about how I first was introduced to yoga-I was doing a little investigation into the Ornish program for those recovering from heart attacks, bypass, etc. it's a multidisciplinary program involving strict diet (10% fat!), exercise, education, and stress management-I'll never forget doing hatha yoga with a room full of mainly men over the age of 60!!! But I was never so relaxed afterwards, I'm HOOKED!
Wendy-what an awesome week!
Terri-FIGHT OFF THOSE GERMS-KICKBOX EM AWAY!!!
my week-it was a little bottom heavy-was rather sick at first
Sun-yoga, mind, body
mon&tues-NADA-to much coughing, a little short of breath :-(
Wed-CTX chest, back and tris...was gonna do cardio but had to take my grandpa in with chest pain (he may be 72 but he can outrun, outlift, and outski-water and snow-people half his age), not having a heart attack right at that time, he (suprise suprise)passed his stress test with flying colors, so he just won himself a cardiac cath :-(
Thurs-Power Circuit & all step + Leaner Legs
Fri-started Boxing Body TKO-couldn't get into it-was hungry for some...HAM 'N EGGS!!! Did HLH + biceps and shoulders
Sat-felt a cold trying to hit me so I battled back-Cardio Kicks TKO'ed those germs-I definitely felt better afterwards!
sorry so long-stay hydrated, eat, drink, EXERCISE, and be merry!
:-jumpy :-jumpy julie :-jumpy :-jumpy

Hi Everyone!! :)
I had a good week considering I did a little traveling for work and have been pulling alot of OT recently. I have really found my rhythm with the 3 days cardio and my upper/lower body free weight sessions. I feel really tight right now!
Mon.-- 35 mins. bike kept my rpm above 100 for entire time. had a guy on the bike next to me trying to talk to me while he was reading a magazine and spinning slowly!! I must admit, I wanted to kick his a**.!!! :) upper body weight workout.
Tues. -- lower body weight work, no cardio
Wed. -- travel to Allentown Pa.
Thurs. -- work then travel home from Allentown.
Fri. -- intervals for 35 mins. on bike, upper body weight work
Sat. -- 35 mins. on precor climber. intense, as I felt guilty for missing time during middle of week!! lol! did an intense lower body weight session.
I have kept my upper and lower body workouts on separate days and continue doing them as I posted about 3 weeks ago. I have been attempting to make gains in weight each week on each exercise. I am growing to love squats more and more each week. And the ab roller.......feels GREAT!! :)
We toured the hospital on tuesday. It's a great facility just outside Annapolis. Heard some babies crying...........and a few screams of pain from what I assume/hope were ladies having their babies! Hope Michelle didnt hear!! I am amazed how different things are since we had Matthew almost 14 years ago now. This place is like a hotel!!
We are getting near the end now ladies and both of us are anxious for our second bundle of joy to join us!! Can't wait! After the baby comes I foresee doing ALOT of cathe vids so I can be home more. Assuming I will be able to stay awake between diapers, etc. We'll see! :)
Have a super week everyone!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Great week Kelly

Sorry to see you ended it with a migrane:-(. I don't want to sound like a buttinski or a know it all...but just becareful of avoiding the water intake. You should take water breaks if you are working out real hard. I might be wrong..but the fitter you are the easier it is to sweat and the more you sweat the more you should drink. If you are getting real good at that killer MIC workout...reward your self with those water breaks..you earned them:).

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/iconwreath.jpg http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

great week, everyone!

Hi all!

I had a pretty good week myself. I almost don't want to see it come to an end, because I don't think I'll have another one this good for a looonnng time!

Sunday - mandatory rest day...hubby's orders!

Monday - Leaner Legs with CTX back & shoulders.

Tuesday - a.m., all of Kicbox; p.m., all of 10-10-10, plus CTX chest. I usually don't get to do a double, but my husband took my son out for a few hours and couldn't think of anything else to do but workout. I must need a life!

Wednesday - StepFit with CTX shoulders & abs. This is the first time I've been able to do the CTX strength portions twice in one week...it felt great. I'd love to keep it up, fingers crossed!

Thursday - Leaner Legs with CTX biceps and back. Can you tell my legs are my trouble spot???

Friday - All Step (no shoulders), with CTX triceps & chest.

Satuday - Got my haircut in the a.m., and didn't want to mess up my 'do, so I did Ali McGraw's yoga tape. I haven't done this one for over two years. It's a really beautiful tape to watch...very relaxing. Christmas shopping, p.m., does this count?

I am patting myself on the back for this one, although after reading Lisa's cardio blasts I may have to kick it up a notch...not!

Take care, everyone!
Michele

Finding motivation in a new routine

Or how about...FINALLY finding motivation!LOL

Side note to Cleda...count 'em and weep lady!;-)

Well, things are looking a little brighter in slumpsville. I've put together a new rotation to help lead me out of this slump..and it just might be working.

I'll be doing a PS/CTX split routine for a while..or till it bores me:).

Monday and Tuesday were nada..just too much life in the way.

Wednesday was the day I figured I needed to sort out a plan and came up with my upper/lower body split.
Started with [font color ="red"]workout 1[/font] PS CST & CTX B/Bis

Thursday was a recovery stength day but I did have plans to workout with my buddy...who has also fallen of the exercise wagon;-)..but she came in to the house with a stiff neck so we decided to go eat and catch up..I must say, it was a good alternative:D.

Friday was the lower body day and I'll be alternating between PS & CTX legs...[font color ="red"]workout 2[/font] CTX Leaner Legs was the winner today.

Saturday was my rain date with my buddy. We had plans to do all of TKO with Debbie Burns but only managed 30 minutes and then the heartrate check slowed us down and we needed more motivation so we popped in Cathe's Kickboxing from CTX. Wendy was funny...she asked why I bother with other tapes if we love doing Cathe so much....gotta love her! I tried to explain variety and new routines and just having choices..but she did sort of have me on that question;-). So [font color ="red"]workout 3[/font] TKO section 1 & CTX KB

Sunday..today:) Upperbody with [font color ="red"]workout 4[/font] PS Back/Bis and CTX CST. No abs all week. I thing I am going to tag them on to the leg days...the upperbody days are pretty booked.

Another bright side to my de-slumpping..I had a little sick pup for the last couple of weeks and I am happy to say he is getting better...darn little dog has more lives than a cat;-).

Also discussed getting back on track with my buddy. We used to work together and worked out together to Cathes tapes after work..the plan is to try to get back at it:).

Cleda...[font color ="red"]4 workouts![/font]http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/smile.gif

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/iconwreath.jpg http://publish.hometown.aol.com/naconfer/images/smfitnut2.jpg

Checking in

I'm starting w/ a sappy story, so you might want to skip to the next post. The sole male regular at my Wednesday spinning class is in his 70's. He's been having some health problems (non-heart) & hasn't been around for awhile. Leonard was back this week, though he had to go easier than his usual. He uses a heart rate monitor & knows his zones. He's not in there just to spend time w/ ladies dressed in lycra, he works. I sure hope that I'm able to be as active when I'm his age.

I'm trying to break out of a cycle of shoulder pain, so stayed iron free for a 2nd week.

Monday: Cycle 18 miles, abs, Millenium Stretch
Tuesday: Pilates (injured dog took the rest of my energy & time)
Wednesday: Spinning
Thursday: Pilates mat class, run 30 minutes
Friday: Body Reform Abs & Back, spinning
Saturday: Cycle 30 miles (DH pressed for time)
Sunday: Cardio Kicks (first upper body work outside of Pilates in 2 weeks. Boy did it feel good in spite of a low energy level).

I'm going to add back in weight work this weight w/ light weights & some time on the rowing machine. Now I'd better start on the holiday cards :-rollen & not think about Mississippi Mud cake :9!
Debra

First Timer

Hello Everyone.

This is my first time checking in with your energetic group, although I have been lurking for a while.

It is great to see that I am not the only one who enjoys a good work out 6-7 days a week! Most of my friends and family think I am crazy!

My base activity is Shotokan Karate, but I also do aerobics, weights, yoga etc regularly- anything to keep active and fight boredom.

Here goes my week:

MONDAY- AM- Steep Reebok power aerobics(with husband)- 45 min
PM- 40 minutes Yoga

TUESDAY PM- Karate class--stayed for second session, too.

WEDNESDAY-- Day of rest- just did some light weights to get circulation going.

THURSDAY- PM- MAX INT Cardi with Husband.

FRIDAY - PM- Whole body weights-my own routine

SATURDAY- AM- Long session (90 min) -Karate; plus some free sparring afterward

SUNDAY- 30 Minutes Step Aerobics, Maximum Int. Strength (Whole thing)

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE for the great week!!! Really helps keep me motivated to read all the check in's! This is my second week of checking in. I am doing a CTX series rotation doing each body part twice per week and adding in some extra cardio. I LOVE this CTX series! The time flies!!!

MONDAY: Power Circuit and CTX Chest

TUESDAY: 10-10-10 and CTX Biceps

WEDNESDAY: All Step and leg work from Leaner Legs

THURSDAY: Step Intervals and Back, Planks and Abs from Power Circuit, and Chapter 3 from Step Fit

FRIDAY: Cardio Kicks and CTX Triceps and Biceps

SATURDAY: Power Max, Leaner Legs and CTX Shoulders

SUNDAY: Ordered five more Cathe video's that I don't have to start a new rotation. I can't wait!!! (My reward for working out really hard for the past seven weeks!)

A Deal is a Deal.....

Here's to ya NanC!:)

Hey Folks...

Been awhile. Haven't fallen off the exercise wagon, but eating is another story. We won't go there.... I am trying to NOT be a holiday statistic. :-(

Mon: Colleen's Step Class

Tues: Firm Volume 6

Wed: Firm: Super Cardio, 5 day Abs (just one day)

Thurs: Rest Day (cuz we all need 'em)

Fri: Rest Day (cuz life gets in the way!)

Sat: Tough Cardio Mix, Core Cardio 1 (first 30 mins. but had to pop it out cuz of the intensity on my legs... :-( ...), 5 day ABs

Sun: Several Different warm ups, let's see... there was Franny's Hi/lo from her Cardio Parties, there was Firm Lower Body Sculpting, there was Christo's Hi/Lo Heaven... there was .... ANOTHER REST DAY..... uggggggggggg....... just not in the mood for anything. :-(

Better get my act together. Especially if NanC's gonna be doin' her 4 workouts a week..... ;-)

Till Next week??
Cleda

RE: Great week Kelly

Nancy,

Please never feel like you are butting in. I like to hear the advice, opinions, etc... I know there are a lot of people that know a lot more than I do. I always do take water breaks especially in between segments or heart rate checks. MIC just encourages me to take "extended" water breaks and that is what I am trying to get away from.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Kelly

Hi, I just got back from a huge three day swim meet in Chicago land and am trying to relax a little before bed. My boy swam great so that was good. Here was my week:

Sunday - off
Monday - Circuit Max, I am really starting to like this one.
My son was sick this day, so had him underfoot.
Tuesday - woke up really sick, so no workout
Wednesday - Power Circuit, I think I was still a little under, so
there was no power in my Power Circuit. In fact I finally got frustrated and did it on the floor instead of the step.
Thursday - All Step - felt much better
Friday - Warmup and first part of Kickbox, 10-10-10 cardio, Biceps from kickbox, triceps from 10-10-10, planks and abs from kickbox and final stretch from kickbox. This really was a tough workout, but I did not know whether the hotel would have good workout equiptment or not, so I really pushed hard.
Saturday - 40 minutes on the stepper. The hotel equiptment was
decent, so got a good workout.

I am fairly tired from the weekend, so tomorrow will be off, and catch up on things around here. I think a big storm system is coming, so I may have kids home. It really is amazing how tiring sitting around and watching a sporting event can be, but all the constant noise, the heat and smell of chlorine can really get to me.

Have a good one -
Dorothy

Toasted by Snowshoeing

I'm toasty warm in my house now, having been toasted by snowshoeing today. I am tired! :-tired Only four miles, but first hike of the season and all that energy to stay warm. Still was warmer in the mountains than in Denver.

SUNDAY–four-mile easy walk with hubby
MONDAY–CTX biceps & triceps
TUESDAY–CTX Kickbox, FIRM Hare floorwork
WEDNESDAY–unplanned rest day: cramps! x(
THURSDAY–rest
FRIDAY– CTX back, chest, & shoulders, CTX Kickbox portions
SATURDAY–rest
SUNDAY–snowshoeing, four miles, Saint Johns trail near Keystone

I think tomorrow will definitely be a light day, though I would love to do Kickbox again. I am seriously addicted to that video. :p

:) Gretchen

Hi,
My four year olds favorite new expression is "Fantastic Job". And that's exactly what I thought when I saw your workouts for the past week, "fantastic job"!

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season so far. For some reason, it doesn't seem like Christmas time to me, so maybe I'll bake that Mississippi Mud Cake that Honeybunch posted. Maybe that'll get me in the holiday spirit. Anyway, here's my week.

Sunday 12-3 45 minute walk
Monday 12-4 30 minute walk
Tuesday 12-5 Kickbox Express plus 30 minute walk
Wednesday 12-6 15 minute walk and practiced the steps in MIC step section. (Didn't really work out, just trying to learn the steps) Don't anybody laugh, I know MIC step supposed to be easy choreography for most people, but for my 2 left feet, nothing is easy!! Anyway, think I got the steps down this time.
Thursday 12-7 35 minute walk
Friday 12-8 MIC Hi/Lo (Straight thru, no stopping to march in place this time. YIPPEE!!!!!!! Plus 15 minute walk
Saturday 12-9 unplanned rest. Haven't been sleeping well at all, so I decided to not work out. I think I'm gonna have to get some drugs for this sleeping problem. I'm so tired, but can't sleep. Will take any suggestions that might help.

Have a great week!
Lisa Seymour

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.