Early check in for w/e 6/23

Hi Deb,

Running 8 miles takes me 75 minutes. I run that slower than usual because I am adding mileage and don't want to hurt myself. Basically I start off at 10 minute miles and then work my way to nine minute miles and sprint at the end. I love it.
Take care!
Christine

It has lots of booklets to explain the points system (which replaces calorie counting), plus two big books with point values for all kinds of food, including eating out food. Then the best part is the points calculator. I think it's an excellent package. The program is VERY flexible, and there really is NO excuse for anyone not to be able to use it.

I already had good habits, but this makes me a little more accountable, since I'm really paying attention to my daily intake. I found that I can VERY easily work with 1400 to 1700 calories a day and feel quite satisfied.

We have all lived through those days long binges, and know that you will too!;-)

RE: Hey All!!

For those of us with problem legs like me, I think the LBS program is great because I now devote more time to my inner and outer thighs. And if you like step ups, this is the program for you since it includes a lot of Firm tapes.

Laura Dayton suggests doing leg work 4-6 times per week, and for me 4 is plenty. I got too tired when trying to do more. I'm seeing some tightening up where I really need it, and that makes me happy.

RE: My week

I know its been a long time since I last posted, but I am still here happily lurking and anxiously awaiting the new batch of videos. I can't believe all the new people we have here! This site is more inspiring than ever! By midwinter and spring, I had moved more into mind/body fitness(though never abandoning cathe)and felt guilty posting my mostly yoga and pilates weeks. I have returned to a more intense regimen and feel better than ever! I'm trying to incorporate everything and it can be daunting at times, but I think I'm doing it. Here was my week:

Mon: yogazone power yoga AM, pilates PM
Tue:powermax
Wed:MIS and pilates
Thur: the all step ab section and Joy of Yoga
Fri: Hot Yoga level 3
Sat: Pilates AM, Imax PM
Sun: Bodymax (I forgot what a rush this one is!)

Have a great week everyone!

Tried Something New..

DebH: did you do MIS plus IMax in one day?!!!:-wow
Cyndie: holy smokes--was the delay weather related? Doing alot of travelling, I can relate.

Ruth: try old re-runs of Bewitched or I Dream of jeannie while treadmilling or nordic tracking. (You can tape them off of Nick at Night.)

Andrea: ask your doctor for Vioxx or Vicodan. Zaps those all night cramps like a miracle--assuming there's nothing else going on. (There probably isn't.)

Did:
Step Jam
Kathy Smith Yoga Challenge
Firm Strongbody
Kari Anderson Dance Works
Voight Core Essentials
Firm Body Sculpt
Reebok Intense Moves
CF Body Max (all)
and New: Charlene Prickett Living Proof. I got a good workout with this: Charlene does a step class with her 52 and 56 year old friends (she is 54). (They all look perfect.) I was dripping after; but I will say that I was totally bored. About half way through, I was thinking "how much more?" Nothing new on the choreography--maybe one move or two. I won't do this often, but when I need a no-think day, I'll use it. Murph

Checking in

Hi everyone!

Strange week - it seemed like everything was breaking: vacuum, plumbing problems, cable modem (then in-house network), espresso machine (horrors - no a.m. latte), sick dog, other dog & DH scrapped up. But realized how little all this matters. A spinning acquaintaince, a triathlete, told me she's battling cancer & starts radiation therapy this week. But it was also a week of joy as our friends first child arrived. The maternal grandparents were flying in from Vermont as the parents-to-be went to the hospital so I played "limo driver". I had my sign but I was the only "driver" at the airport in a tank top & Tevas (I didn't have a lot of warning)!

This week:
3 trot/walks w/ dogs
a spinning class
2 road rides (70 miles total)
Pilates mat work
2 Firm workouts w/ sis (TBSM & Vol 4)
lots of Tamilee stretching

I'm using the Tamilee 10 min stretches after my "runs" & rides. These are good - not up to Scott Cole but much more doable time wise. Using the videos makes me hold the stretches longer. The 30 min tape is good very a rest day, or evening stretch.

Working out with my sister again as her wedding is 5 weeks off. Hubby asked why we weren't using my new DVD (it's PS) - "because I'm trying to keep her coming back dear!" She's just not ready, mentally or physically, for Pure Strength. I was really tempted to jump into it(PS) to get ready for the Slow & Heavy, but decided to make a contribution to the wedding photos & honeymoon - so I'm playing personal trainer.

Have a good week everyone!
Debra

RE: Challenge the muscle!

This week, I saw my physiotherapist since my resuming ball was giving me some twinges, nothing serious but I wanted to be sure. In any event, she told me that the pain I felt was a "mechanical" pain due to remodeling in the hamstring muscle area. Her advice was to get out there, sprint more and challenge the muscle. Words to live by! She did, however, say that I should not go out and start running 400 metre hurdle races but to work up to that. Little does she know that there is not a hurdle to be found in this town I live in of that I am sure.

Last week was a write off exercise wise and eating wise since I was on holidays and ate out every day and had dessert every single day too. Double whammy there since usually one might eat poorly or not exercise much but I did them both at the same time. Once loose jeans are very tight and I am not liking it.

Here was my week:

Monday - Powermax

Tuesday - semi rest but played ball (trying to avoid cardio on ball nights)

Wednesday - PS BBA and 30 minute run with some sprints (yahoo!)

Thursday - 45 minute rollerblade with my date (gave him a run for his money)

Friday - PS SLA

Saturday - Cardio Kicks

Sunday - PST CST and Step Heat

Have a great week everyone. My b-day is on the 29th and so I AM planning to have dessert when my man takes me out for dinner, tight jeans or not.

Kim

It's that time again!

Figure I'll do this, while I'm thinking of it or it will be mid-week and I'll wonder where the time went! :)

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Rest Day (I was very tired, figured my body needed it, with last Sun. made 3 nice rest days in a row. Life got kinda hectic and what can I say?)

Wednesday: Biked 100.09 miles in 92 degree weather with high humidity! Figured the AidsRide will be fairly similar (since it takes place July 19th through 22nd! I did fine and consider myself prepared for the ride. Now to just keep up some of biking between now and the ride!

Thursday: Biked 10.02 miles

Friday: Step Aerobics Class with my favorite instructor (I needed some "human contact" despite the fact that my New Christi Tapes arrived!)....

Saturday: walked some, previewed Christi's new tapes (couldn't help but get up and do some of them too!) :)

Sunday: Christi's Still Jumpin' video (hi/lo) and the first 20 minutes of Still STeppin'. I can tell that the hi/lo is going to become one of my favorite "FUN" tapes...

Have a great week everyone!
Cleda

Atta Girl!

Nice, I mean really nice training ride. You really do like you're ready. With the humidity, you must have drunk buckets.

Pardon me for getting personal, but did you buy cycling shorts yet (hopefully 2 pair)?

I hate to refer to women as "girls" but "atta woman" sounds strange.

You got your tapes already!

Ohhhh, I'm hoping mine are here today Cleda, not that I'll be able to do them! LOL I think there is more hope with the hi/lo than the step after reading prelim stuff at VF.

Great ride this past week! I'll give ya a "you go girl" too. Wendy and I were out for a short jaunt...only 18 Cleda, but it killed us;-) and I mentioned you'd be staying by us on the ride..she's all excited and she quickly also mentioned...OH we'll have to go visit her:). You are actually only minutes from Wendys house too. Speaking of that..which night is it?

Since I'm here..

Stressfull work week...Monday, prepare to travel, Tuesday..travel, Wendnesday..workout on hotel treadmill, Thursday...workout on hotel recument bike, Friday...recover from week:-tired, Saturday, bike ride with buddy, Sunday..think up new plan.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/summervfnut.gif

Still in the Quandry......

Debra:

I thought of you this week, cuz NO! I haven't gotten the biking shorts yet. :-( I still am not real sure about getting them. Might pick up a pair on Tues. night to try them. I did get sunburn and/or heat rash through my leggins'. Nothing major, just never THOUGHT about putting sunscreen on my thighs! :) It never hurt, just looked AWFUL!

Yes, I did drink TONS! I have a philosophy: Drink on the zeros (which is every 10 minutes), whether I'm thirsty or not. I went through my camelback twice (200 oz. total), refilled it at a state park water fountain! And went through 2 Gatorades (28 oz. each!). I had a packet of GU (Chocolate Outrage) on the hour, every hour. And stopped to have a nice lunch of pb & j on whole wheat with a banana!!!

I also feel better (psychologically) prepared, because the 100 miles I did had HILLS (and plenty of them) and the long day on the ride is relatively flat!!! :)

And: I'll take an "atta girl!" anytime! ;-)
Cleda

Hi Murph!

I've been trying to incorporate IMax once a week and seeing as it was Saturday and I don't usually workout on Sunday's, IT HAD TO BE!!! Actually, it felt sooo good, believe it or not. I love a good hard workout. Great week for you. Check your E-mail soon. I have a few ??? on your trip here. Can't wait!:7

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)
"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

RE: Bellefonte!!

Wendy,
Sorry I just read your post! My husband and I live in Punxsutawney and climb at the quarry (sneak in) on the weekends some. I really like Bellefonte. We like to stop at that little German tavern on the water afterwards for a little heffe weissen and some schnitzel!
Amy

RE: Hey All!!

Thanks Debbie! I have to brag a little about my sis. She's doing a great job with this regimen and has dropped 70 pounds. My husband and I are going to "rope her up" in a couple of weeks and see if she likes climbing too! Keep up the great workouts and kiss and hug the new babe for me! I just love the way their little heads smell!
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.