**Damage Control** October

Hey Ladies.

Today's work out was UGI w/o # 5 (legs/core focus), 80 reps of each of the following: firewalkers, walking lunges, inner thigh lifts per leg, glute squeezes, and last but not least-12 minutes of jump rope intervals (10 s rest/50 s work). Good stuff. With any luck I'll have sore glutes tmrw! ;)

Getting ready to take DS to the park. Gorgeous day out there! Happy Saturday!

BBITAM! :cool:

Hi ladies,

It seems as though Saturday's have become my rest day as of late. Jerod and I had fun working the concession stand last night even though his team lost their homecoming game. Tonight he's going to the Homecoming dance!

Last weekend my stepmom called me out of the blue and asked to me to go painting with her this weekend. She bought some ceramic figures or whatever so I'm meeting her at the painting place tomorrow. Then this morning she called to see if I could come over for lunch since my Aunt and Uncle are here visiting. She hasn't had anything to do with us kids since my dad passed away, and now I hear from here twice in the same week. She did say today that misses her family. Whatever, she's the one that alienated all of us. Sounds like she's trying to make amends.

My sister and are going to discuss what we want to do for Christmas this year. I told her I'd be happy to host it again. Much to my surprise, I actually enjoyed hosting it last year. I have a lot more room than my sister and the girls will be here too. I liked not having to go anywhere on Christmas Eve.

Wendy-Nice workout Wendy, sounds like a w/o I need to be doing. I've been trying to hit lower body 2 times per week...well this is my second doing that so far.

bbl

Monday Monday

Morning Ladies,

DH is staying at the condo this week. He has today off, Coloumbus day. Too bad the rest of the family has work or school.

This was a workout free weekend. I'll get back on track today. Today will be cardio this morning and leg weights at lunch. Step Blast is sounding fun today.

My Step Mom asked me to go painting (ceramics) with her yesterday. I agreed to go but the shop was closed due to technical difficulties yesterday. We went out to lunch instead. She tends to go through phases and you never know when she might turn her back on you.

How did everyone else spend their weekend?

bbl

MON again

Had to work today .. UGH .. seems the rest of the town is closed .. but dang if we have not been busy .. crapola!!! Had a good weekend - went for a long run SAT .. gorgeous day - it was a different trail and LOTS of hills .. I was hurting by afternoon. Had an adventurous golf cart ride .. complete w/running over a RATTLEsnake - Toots flipping out of cart almost landing on snake - me jumping off while it was FLYING down road trying to rescue her - me landing on big toe and losing flip flop and hurting bottom of foot - leaving my aunt and Buster freeriding on the golf cart - Bsuter jumping off trying to rescue me (who was franticly yelling at Toots) then Buster lunging at snake - me grabbing him trying to hold him off snake and drag him back towards the cart - then Toots getting back on empty golf cart only to SIT HER @$$ on the gas peddal and take off by herself in the woods up a hill w/me franticly holding on to Buster and my aunt trying to run down the golf cart.. it finally hit a small pine tree which nocked Toots off pedal and it stopped .. :confused: :eek: :confused: YES IT WAS HILLARIOUS since everyone was unharmed (including the stupid snake)

After the adventure - I settled in to watch MY TEAM LOOSE :(:(:( bad .. we just couldnt get it together .. UGH ... Ystdy was dreary I had DOMS all over - so it was forced rest day for me -

WEndy .. WOW .. that sounds like a great workout and a very DOMS inducing one ..

Di .. well at least step mom is making an effort!!! hope lunch went well ..

Hello to all that follow ..

Tonight is circuit mish mosh .. think I am gonna mix it up and do 3 step torture instead :eek::eek::eek::eek: have a great one!;)

Last edited:
TUE

OK Ladies .. where r yall???

Class was great last night - 3 step torture kicked but - i had a PACKED class too! and the new students came back :eek: i am afraid they will be SORE today .. b/c DOMS REPORT: CHEST - bis - shoulders - and butt :eek: ouchi wawa :D Tonight is mish mosh mat class!!!! time to work those DOMS out!!!

OK .. I will bbl to see what everyone is up to!! have a great one!

Hello.

Sunday I did 2 short kettlebell work outs back to back. Only took me about 22 minutes but it was a great work out none the less!

Y'day was an unscheduled rest day. Just wasn't feelin' it.

This morning was a BR work out that I've actually done before called WOW Booty. Short but tough!

Not sure what I will do tmrw.

Hope everyone is doing well. BBL.

ETA:: I just ordered this http://www.ultimatebodypress.com/ultimate-body-press-dip-bar.html :D

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

DH took my laptop and it's hard to find computer time since DS is always on this one. I'm not sleeping very well without DH here and am having trouble getting up in the morning. This morning I only had time for a short leg w/o so I did Super Sets Lower Body Blast Premix. Tomorrow will be some kind of cardio yet to be determined.

My bootcamp class didn't work out for October after all so I have a couple hours each week to get caught up on things around the house. I'm making a list so I don't lose site of the things I want to get done. Before I know Holiday Meltdown will be starting in mid Nov.

Laura-your classes sound great. I'm hoping to start running a bit now that the temps have dropped into the 70's.

Wendy-I've almost made that purchase several times, but just haven't bitten the bullet. Since I have the Low Impact Series coming...even though I paid for it months ago, DH may not be too happy if I get something else in the mail. Congrats on the purchase, let me know how you like it! It should be great for the reverse pushups and knee ins.

Good Morning!

Jump rope and planks on the UGI ball for me this morning. W/O was about 20 mins total...

Diana:: I looked at the dip station numerous times myself before taking the plunge. Once I saw that it folded for ez storage AND that I could get it for under $100 including shipping I was sold!!! Still took me a few days to actually order it though for some reason. All I need now is a sandbag. I didn't want one before but Amazon sells one for about $60 that comes with the weights to put inside it. I can do that! :)

Hi ladies,

Another sleepless night....UGH. I have dark circles under my eyes this morning. I heard DS1 get home from work around 12:30...then I heard him leave at 2:30am. I figured he was going to get food, but he was back about 15 min later with DS2. DS2 said he was going to a nearby bar for a friends 21st bday but was only going to do a shot with him and come right home. I guess he ended up staying and needed a DD. At least he called his brother.

I want to do Imax 3 this morning, but it will have to wait until lunch time....I simply do not have the energy. I'm working from home so it's no biggie.

Wendy-thanks for the info on the sandbag, I hadn't seen that. You will have all the bodyrock gear in no time!!! I've been using kettlebells in place of the sandbag, but the sandbag would be ideal! I'll get all the equipment soon enough! I'm going to have to check out amazon!

bbl

WED hump day .. woot woot

Morning Peeps!!!

OK - I ONE UPPED my mish mosh last night: jack series//KB swings//KB exercise//light plyo//core/plank work//LB hvy weight exercise//LB light weight exercise//LB light weight plyo//UB light weight exercise w/LB low hold ... three sets .. then ended w/jack series combo and in between each set of 60 reps I did light plyo/cardio work .. YES I AM EVIL!!! :eek: :p :D it was AWESOME!!! Everyone was sore from MON night - i was sorer than I thought .. YIKES!! the jacks hurt my pecs to bounce!! ouchie!!! Today no class - I may go for run - weather permitting - will let that decide .. my body NEEDS to rest!!!

Wendy - did you get dip station from Amazon too??? that is what I want .. the chairs arent getting it!!!! and it is something I could use on my own .. alone!! (yes u r enabling again ..heehee .. IDC tho!!!)

Di - well at least your DS called for a DD ... that is admirable!!!! too bad the bc class schedule didnt work out for you!!!

OK .. better run .. have loads of stuff to catch up on - have a great one!!! I will BBL to see what everyone is up to!!! ;)

Laura:: Great class! You rock! :D Yes the dip station is offered on amazon but backordered for MONTHS!!! Ordering it directly from the manufacturer cost about the same (may literally just $1 or $2 more) and it should ship out within a week! I am soooo gonna cave on a sandbag sooner rather then later now that I found those 2 on Amazon. I think I will wait until after I get my new Cathe's tho. I would ask for the sb for Christmas but I don't think I can wait that long! LOL :p

Good Morning Ladies,

My workout yesterday was Imax 3, fun fun fun! I'm switching gears to do a couple weeks of circuits as I need a break from Shaun T. (can't believe I just said that) and I'm not feeling P90X. This morning will be the Gauntlet!

Wendy-goodness, I just previewed your BR w/o and it looks tough. I wish I could squat as low as Zuzanna does on those one legged squats. Since your currently following the BR program, have the sandbag sooner rather than later makes more sense. I have to say I was thinking it was much more expensive.

Laura-sounds like you lead a kick ass class and your students loved it! You know our Wendy, she such an enabler...but she always recommends the good stuff...plus she does all the research and finds us the cheapest place to order it from!;)

Have a great day!

Diana:: Shaun. I need to get back to M1 work outs! I keep saying that but IDK where I'll fit him in! :rolleyes: Maybe on weekends??? :confused: Yeah, when I had initially investigated sandbags everything I was finding was super expensive and the filler bags weren't even included!:eek: That's what kept me away but the 2 links I posted here are both $60 or less and come with about 40# of weight included! Can't beat that with a stick IMO! I am just going to wait for the dip station and Cathe's new work outs to arrive before I hit "order now" though. :p Good job with IMAX3!!!! I haven't done that one in a while. I should do a premix one day atleast....

THURS - one step closer to long weekend - woot woot!!

Morning Ladies!!

I had FORCED rest day ystdy - it was misting rain ystdy when I went to get my stuff for my run :( :mad: :( OH WELL the universe was trying to tell me my body needed a rest .. b/c it felt beat to H## and back!!! I feel bettr today - tonight is plyo mish mosh - going to mix some traditional plyo moves w/some body weight exercise moves...

Wendy - I broke down and ordered the dip station :eek: and i checked out that workout -- looks like a killer!! Let me ask - on the one leg squats .. can u do them like her?? I cant seem to get my form right ... too scared of hyperextending and hrting my knee ..

DI .. yes . Wendy might enable .. but she does get us the best deals and customer service.. gotta love her ..lol!!! LOL ... I am really thinking about ordering P90X2 .. everytime I preview it .. it looks more agility and asylum like (which I like) ... than the reg p90x .. aaaaaahhh .. cant make up my mind!!!!

OK .. better run .. have a great one!

LOL that's right girls! I may encourage you to spend $$ but all of the foot work is done for you!!!! :p

Laura:: OMG! You ordered a dip station! WOOT! :D Did you order direct from the company or go through Amazon? I lurve Amazon but the wait time was ridiculous. I just didn't see the point!:confused: I can't wait to get it! So excited! :) Sorry about the unplanned rest day. Those can be a bummer, I know. :(

Wendy - I first placed order thru amazon .. I have PRIME shipping (free) .. it didnt say delay in delivery - but then I got back and check ship date and it listed DEC 1 .. soooooo I canceled .. then went directly thru the Body Press site - it was exactly same price (including shipping) .. havent got a ship date yet .. but it didnt note a delay in shipping there .. we will see when it assigns a tracking # .. :eek::D

Laura:: My order says it's shipping FED EX now but no tracking # yet. I will let you know when I get one. Should be soon! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.