Damage Control June :)

Hi all!

I just did Burn Sets premix upper body and it was 78 min!! I did have to stop a few times, but I got through it!! I even printed out the workout cards and will plug them into the workout manager. I couldn't print out the premix, so I just printed out both bis and tris and c/b/s.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies. Happy Hump Day!;)

I ran a couple of miles with clients I was training in the park for my boss last night. It was muggy, hot, and awful but totally wiped away the foul mood I had been in all day so it was totally worth it! :D

I don't have tons of time for it today but I am going to squeeze in a work out this morning and then tonight we have Karate.

Heading to work for a bit mid morning and then spending the afternoon with my mom going out to lunch and to the pool.

I am not on the schedule to work tonight which is disappointing BUT at least I'll actually make it to Karate class on time! :p

BBL to report my work out!:cool:

Today was TA Precision Toning Arms and Legs plus Tonique Mat glute work and one round of conditioning (burpees and one arm swings) before heading to work. Then at work I taught a cardio class and a toning class - both of which I participated in damn near 100% of the time! :eek:

Tonight I have Karate - I hope I can make it through! :rolleyes:

Fit_mommy- how do you do all that!! Wow! You must be completely sore! What is torque again?

I did butt and guts today, in it's entirety!! My arms are screaming at me from yesterday and my legs were still sore from LIS athletic training! I know I had planned Legs for tomorrow, but now I'm having second thoughts. I may be to tired and sore for another legs work out, maybe I'll have some fun with some step? Or do an X10? Or maybe I may feel the need to do yoga or something easy.

I ate well until dinner today! Since we were minus 3 kids, we got take out shrimp pesto Stromboli and Caesar salad topped with chicken salad. Yum! The pesto was strong in the Stromboli but good! And I skipped my WW meeting, I'm up 1 pound though. :(

Has anyone done STS here? I'm really thinking about cathe on demand main for sts and all the new workouts. I just wonder abut the commitment to do an STS rotation and what new equipment I'd have to get....I just the the results have got to be amazing!

LL:: The first time I tried STS I gained weight (8#) FAST so I quit, completely disgusted, inside of a month!:eek: Shortly thereafter I joined WW online and once I started losing weight I tried STS again and was successful! It's a big commitment in both time and equipment but it works if you do! YES, I AM sore from yesterday's insane work out schedule!:eek: I hadn't planned on participating at work. It just kind of happened. That's what threw me over the edge. Tonique is high rep low weight and body weight moves. Here is a blurb from her website describing it...

Tonique Fitness | Not Your Average Workout

TONIQUE METHOD

NOT YOUR AVERAGE WORKOUT

Sylwia drew from her background in gymnastics, lifelong passion and talent for dance and creative movement, as well as her studies of fitness and movement to create the ultimate workout method for women. Tonique is an intense workout that uses multidirectional movements that target every part of your body, working every muscle at every angle. Tonique method combines constant repetition with gradual progression.The method progresses from warming up each muscle group separately to combining movements and muscle groups.
Tonique method draws on the toning and strengthening powers of dance, gymnastics, and running to challenge and improve your entire body. Working out regularly with Tonique, you will develop the body you have always dreamed of, with gorgeously sculpted glutes and arms, fabulously toned legs, and super abs.
The method’s unique combinations of moves are designed to achieve three important goals – develop strong and lean muscles, strengthen your cardiovascular system and improve your overall fitness level. The method builds the core strength and balance which is critical to achieving the desired results. Sylwia believes in going beyond your perceived limits and never giving up. Tonique trains your muscles to go beyond their comfort zone and experience “healthy” pain that leads to results. Sylwia’s method is often described as having a sculpting effect. It shapes your body so it looks proportional, firm and strong, but still feminine and without bulk. Sylwia’s routines have helped thousands of women to exceed their goals, and to reach a level of fitness that they never thought possible.

HTH!:)

Happy Fourth of July!

Thanks for the info, Fit_mommy. How come you do a workout at home and do the "work" workouts? Why wouldn't you just do the ones at work? I've always wondered why some instructors, particularly BB ones (I don't have any, I've just seen clips) why they walk around most of the time, but don't do the entire workout. I really like that Cathe does the entire workout with you. But I've seen on some of the Cathe Live clips that she does walk around some. I personally am not helped when instructors walk around and talk about other's form and whatnot. In fact it sometimes messes me up. I would have a terrible time during a step workout if the instructor did that. How much time do you spend a day working out? Maybe that's the only way to be really fit (looking like Cathe) is by working out 3 hrs a day and eating clean 90% of the time or more. I wish I had more time to workout. But I've been doing longer workouts (I was averaging 15-30 min) this week (24 was my shortest, 78 my longest) so I hope to see some results. I've been eating about typical for me, maybe I'm clean 75% of the time? give or take? Last night we were w/o power so Hubby and I ate the rest of the chocolate ice cream and today being my favorite holiday...that said, I did get in PRS#1 in today, first time! So fun, I'm so sweaty!! Yesterday I did X10 low impact, it was a lot tougher than I expected and I got super sweaty then too.

Hi Girls.

Today I pulled out Les Mills Combat and did the 60 min Ultimate Warrior work out. It felt awesome to go all out kick ass for an hour! I miss that! I need to put more cardio that I just flat out enjoy back into my routine. IMO it doesn't ALWAYS have to be about what will get you the best results. Sometimes it's just about sweating, burning calories and having fun! :)

LL - When you are following a video, IMO having the instructor stop to show/correct form on participants in the video is useless BUT when you are teaching LIVE you really need to stop and correct form if possible. Of course in a truly choreographed routine that is not possible but my classes are not choreographed. I do each move for a certain amount of time and then switch to a different move. No choreography involved purposely so I can correct form if need be. If the form is good then I will do the work out along with the class but if someone needs help, I have to stop to help them. I also don't depend on work outs at work for my own personal fitness b/c it's not necessarily what I want to do for ME because it's not about ME when I go to work. That being said, the work outs I do at home are still very important to me. I just have to be careful not to overdo it at times! :eek: HTH a bit!:)

My own personal work outs are 30-45 mins on average lately but sometimes as little as 10 and as much as 60 mins+....The classes I teach at work are mostly 30 minute classes. The Karate classes I take are an hour long.

As for getting in great shape, it truly is 80% diet! I can work out til the cows come home but if my diet isn't good then the results won't be nearly as good! This stinks for me personally because working out is the "easy" part. Diet is what I struggle with. :rolleyes::eek::(

Last edited:
Thanks again for the info fit mommy! I really do have a lot to learn! I hope I didn't come off as nasty at all, I'm just curious. :) I do love hearing what you do and what others do! But also what you all eat! Because I struggle there too. May I ask, fit mommy, what is you bmi? Or what do you go by for fitness? I'm 5'9" and weigh 166.7. I feel like my "happy weight" is 152 (orig. WW goal), but my best wt is 145. And diet is what is going to me there. So my current bmi is 24.1 and if I were 150/145 it would be 21.4. My 15th anniversary is this Thursday, I was hoping to be at my wedding weight (150) and be able to fit into my wedding dressing....not going to happen.

As for food stuff, how do you guys eat? I need to plan my meals a week in advance, or I panic at 4pm. :) and I have 4 sons ages 3-13 and a husband to think about when planning those meals. Breakfast is typically eggs/chicken sausage/cheese/toast or yogurt and granola, or waffles/pancakes (made from scratch) or home made muffins. I will have eggs/cheese/sausage or a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and banana or apple sauce or sometimes just fruit. Lunch for all would be hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly, whole wheat pasta with veggies, crackers and cheese, chicken wrap with veggies or peanut butter or grilled cheese. I will typically have a chicken while wheat wrap with veggies or chicken over salad and a fruit smoothie (banana, strawberries and sometimes flax seeds). Dinner is typically beef, chicken, fish or shrimp with salad, another veggie and sometimes brown rice/quinoa/corn/sweet potatoes sometimes whole wheat pasta, but try not to eat pasta very much. Snacks are typically fruit, rice cakes with cheese or peanut butter, 8 almonds/cashews.

all that said, I didn't eat healthy or clean over the Fourth, my favorite holiday and gained 3 but lost it yesterday because I was driving around so much (kids party etc) that I was car sick most of they day so didn't eat much.

Time for me to get up and try to do something. I was not able to move much yesterday after 4pm or so headache and stomach ache and felt weak. I was hoping to do super cuts yesterday and yoga max today. But since that didn't happen, I hoping for yoga today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.