Damage Control June :)

Good Morning Ladies.

Today I was slated to take 2 classes at the studio but I got up later then usual and can not seem to find the BGR so it just may not happen....I spent the afternoon at the pool yesterday and it was HOT. It was my first time this season doing this and it wiped me out. We went to 5pm Mass by my mom's house and I could barely keep my eyes open! I was in and out of sleep on the couch at home by 9 or 9:30 and finally crawled into bed around 11 maybe?? I got up at 8 but could've rolled over and went back to sleep! I was exhausted!!! :eek:

So anyway, I definitely won't make it to the first class and the second class isn't looking too promising either :eek: so I'll be working out at home today most likely. I also have the in-home client to train at 1:00 pm and still haven't adjusted his work out!

Going to be a busy week as I start teaching the classes at the new studio tues/wed/thurs so I have some planning to do! In addition, my NASM exam is on Saturday so I have lots of studying to do as well!!!!:eek:

As excited as I am, I am also about to go into panic mode! YIKES! Need.To.Keep.Calm.....!!!!!

LL - Congrats on your weight loss! You are doing great! Love that you earned a free membership with WW! Woot woot!

I did the online version of WW a few years ago and it worked like a charm! I've since gained it back though (hangs head in shame) and have thought about using WW again but I don't think I can face the task of point counting again in order to do it. :confused::eek:

I recently lost a few pounds and some body fat utilizing the paleo way of eating but have fallen off the wagon the last couple of weeks. Need to hop back on before I end up back where I started again!:mad:

Your outing with your son sounds like it was a lot of fun!!!!

BBL!:cool:

Hey Ladies,

My workout yesterday ended up being Turbo Fire 30 min Sculpt followed by 30 min Tone. They weren't easy work out s (I was afraid that they would be!) but they had too much upper and not enough lower IMO! That being said, no matter what I choose today, it WILL work lower body! Thinking of giving Cathe's Great Glutes a shot...or should I try Legs and Abs? Any thoughts? Of course I could totally change my mind and do something different! No promises! :p

BBL to see what everyone else is up to!:cool:

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Another whirl wind weekend. Saturday I didn't work out, but I did load tables & chairs to return to my SIL. I still have MIL's stuff to return to her, but that will have to wait until later in the week.

My tri was yesterday and I felt pretty good through the whole thing. My time was 1 minute slower than last year and I'm totally fine with that. I think it was on the bike where I lost time as I just got behind some people I just couldn't safely pass. It's all good though!

My training partner has been very negative about everything and I sort of don't want to be around her. She's struggled with injuries because she refused to stop running and let her injury heal. She's gained some weight from stress and not working out. Her Mom died a year and a half ago and sister unexpectedly passed away 2 weeks ago. She is faster and stronger than me in everything we do. She texted me last night that she was mad that I looked at her race time. They were posted at the finish line. I'm not sure why, it's public and on a website. I'm her friend and support her regardless of her time. I just ignored her text and didn't/haven't responded. I don't even know what to say, so I opted to say nothing.

Today is my interview and I'm feeling really good about it. I hope it goes as well as the phone interview did. I'm meeting with the same gal I had the phone interview with.

Off to drink another cup of coffee and then figure out a workout.

Happy Monday!

Hi Girls.

Happy armpit of the week!:p

Y'day I did Flextrain for the first time. There wasn't as much lower body as I had hoped for but it was still a good work out!

This morning I teach a class at the new studio at 9:30 and then it's back to planning out classes and work out programs for clients (none of which is for the gym! :mad:) and studying for Saturday's test. :eek:

I will work out today at some point but not sure what I'll do. I'll be back to let ya know though!;)

Di:: Sorry your friend/training partner is being such a downer. Sounds like she's having a hard time with life in general right now. Not sure how I would have responded to her text. Maybe just that you didn't think she'd get mad or you would not have done it. So how'd the interview go?????

Last edited:
Lets see, this weekend we managed to get in 100 miles and some ab work. Yesterday was M1D4 and ab work. I'm trying to decide if today should be a day off, my joints are chanting "yes". Why is it so hard to skip a day?

Diana, great job on your tri times! I wouldn't try to pass either. Safety first! My neighbor, who I consider a really great friend, is very similar to your tri friend. We used to run together and did a few 5K's, but she seemed to think we were in a competition all the time. She is a born runner, and always wins her age group. She constantly reminds me how difficult running is, "but not that cycling isn't, it's just not as intense as running is", that sort of stuff. Maybe your friend just isn't used to not being on top (?). I would just ignore the text and carry on. It's not worth losing a friend over, and she'll get over whatever is really bothering her. So, how was the job interview? I hope it went well.

Wendy, good luck on your test this weekend! :)

Hi Ladies,

My interview went very well and I was told to expect a call from the recruiter. I'm sure she says that to everyone though. The hiring manager and I seemed to hit it off. I'm praying this job comes through for me. It was my understanding I was just interviewing with her, but it was a panel of 5 including her. I kept my composure and was able to answer all of their questions. I'm a bit over qualified as I have years of experience with this software and they are just moving to it. They did like that I had some insight on the trials and tribulations of migrating from one software to another as well as experience with the migration tool they've purchased.

I'm flying to Oregon tomorrow morning to pick up my girls! :D:D I'm so excited. It will be a very long day as our return flight doesn't get back here until 10:30pm. I'm going to have some very sleepy girls. MIL is coming to dinner on Thursday to see the girls before we take them on vacation with us.

I'll probably do the next BR w/o today. I'm taking T25 on vacation and plan on running also. We'll take the girls bikes but I don't plan on taking mine. I can rent one if I really want to.

Tina-Wow, you are so awesome! Riding 100 miles this weekend-You Go Girl!!!! Speaking from experience, the bike portion of the tri kicked my butt. We even rode the route numerous times, but that darn hill never gets any easier....especially the second time around. We ride a loop twice so we hit the hill twice. Our instructor said it's only 7 minutes from the base to the peak...of course he has cervelo tri bike and is a seasoned triathlete.

Wendy-you have suddenly become a busy bee. Your new career may have been slow to start but sounds like it is steadily picking up! Good luck on your test, I'm sure you will do great! I too understand the test anxiety you go through.

LL-sounds like you are having a great time with your kiddo! I just reviewed the WW weight chart and they have changed since I put in my goal. I could raise my goal 5#'s and then I'm only 3.7#'s away from goal...and better yet only 1.7#'s away from free! I'm sick of paying too, but it is keeping me honest.

Laura-hope the storms weren't too bad for you.

Lori-only 5-6 weeks to go...keep up the good work!

bbl

Good Morning Ladies & Happy Hump Day!:)

Yesterday I did Afterburn. My legs are finally feeling it. YAY!

Today should be TA because it's what I am supposed to be focusing on post-race but I continue to get distracted. Shocker, right? ;):p

This morning I have 1 PT session & 2 back to back classes to teach at the new studio. Tonight I have 3 PTs at the original studio. Nothing at the gym...AGAIN! Ugh. :mad: What a waste. :rolleyes:

I am thinking of giving it a few more months and as long as everything is going well at the new studio, if the gym is still dead I will look for something to replace it or just resign if I am making enough $$....Time will tell.

Di:: Have a safe flight!!!!:D Now that I am at this new studio I will definitely be busier. I have 4 classes on the schedule (one I am a sub for but I'll take it!) and a possible 2 permanent PT clients to start as well! Not sure the $$ will be enough yet but it's a step in the right direction for now!
This guy also pays better then the gym!

Tina:: I hear you on having trouble "resting" at times. I am better then I used to be but still struggle with it at times.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I'm up early for my flight. It's going to be a long day for sure. I'll be back tonight and hope to sleep in tomorrow.

Wendy-I'm glad the new studio is working out for you. Yay for more clients and more $$$. I'm sure it's nice to be busy too yet still have time for your naps!:p

Have a great day ladies!

Hi all! Quick update here as I need to get to bed. I did Legs standing on Sunday, nothing Mon or Tues. But today I did Hard Strikes all the way through! That is a first for me! I typically don't do the conditioning. I couldn't do the sit ups because my side/ribs still hurt from the fall I had Friday night playing street hockey with CDawg. So I did rotation ab work, seated leaning back a bunch and twisted from side to side and this didn't bother my ribs/side. Tomorrow I hope to get in CBS! Off to bed!

THURS

sorry I have been MIA .. this last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of activities - stress - bullsh## - and worry - I did manage to fit in SOME fun .. we went deep sea fishing last THURS and FRI and caught some good fish .. got lots of sun - and had GREAT seas .. fun! then back to reality here .. and nothing but constant BS .. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This week I have done ZWOW every night .. it is amazing how hard her 20 minutes of workouts are .. geesh!!! I didnt eat much last week .. finally got my appetite back SUN - tummy behaved till I got stressed out again! :(:(:(

Today I did heavy weights at the CC - felt good .. but I have been SO SORE from the ZWOWs - MON night think there were 150 deep squats .. that FRIED my hammies and inner thighs!!! tonight will be Z-gym summer ab challenge .. since I have thoroughly worked the rest of my body .. her ab challenges are really cardio/full body workouts with focus on core!! LOL

DI - hoping you get a call back from the job - yayayayaya for you!! we have had horrible storms .. and to have more tmrw .. ugh .. we are in the summertime holding pattern for weather now .. every day 20 - 30% chance of riain .. we are soggy wet down here .. and HOT and HUMID ... and the bugs are carrying us off - heck I could prbly ride one of our mosquitos to visit w/ya'll!!! LOLOL

Wendy - have fun on the back to back training YA!!

Lori - AWESOME PICS .. man .. your hard work for your body is paying off!!! you look awesome - yes - work on your poses .. so stage fright wont get to ya!!!

Hello to all that follow! I am on counter today and we are busy .. but had a quiet moment to check in w/my girls!! have a great one!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I had one appointment at the gym this morning and on the way home I conveniently passed by the studio in time to take the second half of a one hour Zumba class. FUN! :) Then after lunch I did Abs, Legs & Butt (wearing ankle weights) from TA Precision Toning! OUCHEES!!! :eek:

I ran into one of my three clients this morning at the gym that had "gone missing". She was sick and is definitely coming back to train with me asap so I haven't lost her! In fact, she was telling me how she is seeing results! Her pants fit better!!! YAY! :)

They finally adjusted my gym schedule so that starting next week I am off on Tues/Wed/Thurs so it won't clash with the new studio hours. The new schedule potentially has me working 7 days a week between the 2 places but some how I don't see that happening so I'm not really worried about not having a day off.

Gotta jet to pick up the kid from school now!
BBL!:cool:

Hi!:)

This morning's work out will be a group training session (heavy weight circuit plus tabata) at the other studio and tonight is a self defense class at the dojo that my son recently started taking karate lessons at. It's a yearly membership and when a child signs up the parents get to go FREE! SCORE! :D I'm also going to try Karate starting next week. I'm very excited!

Tomorrow will be another forced rest day as it's going to be a crazy one for me! I am working from 8 to noon, have my NASM exam at 2:30 and then from there I have a Retirement Party to go to if it's still in swing when I am done with my test. My boys are going to a Monster Truck Jam show tonight so I COULD technically come home after the party and work out but um....NOT gonna happen!:p I am bound to be EXHAUSTED!:eek:

This week has been STS and a 35 mile bike ride in the rain last night. I wish we could have a string of nice weather, we seem to be stuck on April like weather. Not sure what I'll be doing this morning for a workout, nothing too intense.

Diana, I hope you're enjoying your vacation and your GD's. :)

Wendy, I've always wanted to try some form of martial art. Let us know how you like it.

On a personal note, my dear aunt is in the last stages of terminal cancer. She has been unresponsive for days and hospice says she will be parting us soon. I'll be back in a week or so, after things quiet down.

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy the past couple days. I spent the day with Amanda's grandparents who are just simply wonderful. Her grandpa has terminal cancer and has opted to stop all treatment. He has aged a lot since I saw him last in October. He was in very good spirits though.

The girls and I are working this morning, they love Cathe too. They are not a big fan of BR & Lisa, they say her w/o's are too hard! They also like Insanity and T-25! Gotta love these little angels! I'll be doing some running too. Need to work on my endurance a bit before I start increasing mileage for

We are heading up to our condo in the mountains this afternoon. I'll have my tablet and perhaps laptop too so I can check in from there. DS is coming up for the weekend too!

LL-you must be having a busy week with the kiddos. You are amazing, my little girls wear me out!

Laura-glad you were able to have a couple days off to de-stress! Your Zwow review has me wanting to join the Zwow gym. Is most of it no-equipment? That would be great for vacation.

Wendy-glad you are able to get your 2 jobs coordinated and get more hours. Good luck on your test tomorrow, you will do great.

Tina-sorry to hear about your dear aunt. Hopefully the weather will clear up for you. Riding in the rain is so scary to me. I'm thinking of using STS while training for my HM's. Of course I won't be able to follow the normal STS rotation, but it would be nice to get back to some regular weight training.

Lori-you look fantastic! I hope this experience is everything you are hoping for. Who knows, perhaps you've found your new calling!

bbl

Hi all!

Tina- sorry to hear about your aunt!

Rmrmr- enjoy your time in the mountains sounds relaxing!

I did XTrain CBS yesterday and today I was going to do HiiT 40/20 bit I didn't have time so I tried to do TTM premix slide and glide but I only got thru the warm up. I'm not sure if I'll get another time to do something. I'm out running errands with all the boys. And have for make a bday cake for my 13 yo ( bday may 16 but couldn't do hiking until tomorrow with his friends). And I still have barely started the portfolios and my evaluation is next Friday!! And we are at camp all mornings next week. So I'm going to be exhausted! But I love Camp Little Bear!!

I think I may have over done it with lifting my side is hurting a lot more from my hockey fall.

TGIF - FULL MOON - and FRIDAY 13th .. ugh

OK .. so today is truely Friday the 13th kinda day - woke up w/head ache/start of migraine - get to work our systems are down - the announcement of major supervisor leaving - then possibility of MY boss retirement :(:(:(:( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . and the person replacing him runs a possibility of the return of MY PIA :mad::mad::mad: I will have to find another position or job!! :(:(:(:(

the possibilites are too uncertain .. this fffn last couple of years I HAVE BEEN CURSED!!!!

well ystdy - managed heavy weights at lunch - then Z-gym Summertime ab challenge #11 .. yowza DOMS: butt, legs and bis .. and a bit into the core

today is total rest day - date night tho! ;)

Wendy - wow your schedule sounds insane!! good luck with your test .. I am sure you will do just fine!

Di - have fun w/the girls - yes I am LOVING Z-gym .. heck for the price .. you could try it for a month or 3 months and if you dont like it no biggie .. I AM LOVING IT tho!! her workouts are short but tuff .. and most of them ARE body weight based .. some of them have one dumbell or KB in them .. but for the most part body weight exercises .. you knkow Z .. she loves her some burpees .. never knew how many variations of a burpee there are!! :confused:

Tina - sorry about your aunt - {{ hugs }} - one of our friend's mother is with hospice right now .. she isnt supposed to make it much longer .. SOOOO SAD!!

Hello to all that follow .. ok .. it is my lunch hour .. going to run some errands .. have a great one!

Good Morning Ladies,

We are enjoying a relaxing vacation. They had a huge BBQ contest with over 50 vendors on main street Friday and Saturday. The girls especially enjoyed watching the Pig Races and eating slushees! They are pretty good on their bikes now and I let them ride to the park and play. This morning the girls helped make breakfast for their dad.:D

So far, no w/o to report other than walking. I may try to run later today.

Wendy-congrats on passing the NASM exam!

Laura-I think I may go with the 3 month membership and see what I think. I'm definitely missing heavy weight training, especially for legs. Really need the gym for heavy leg work. We are having tons of fun with the girls! DS1 is here with us this weekend, but he will be going home later today. He has to go back to work, but will have the following week off with the girls.

LL-sounds like you have a very busy week ahead of you.

Tina-you must be out riding!:D

bbl

rmrmr-Glad to hear you're having a relaxing vacation!!

Today I didn't get any workouts in, but I did play around in the pool with the boys and ate lots of cake! We all were at my dad's with my in laws, brother in law and wife and son and my aunt and uncle came too.

I'm still hurting from my hockey fall. Recommendations for workouts? It's really odd what I can and can't do. I can but shouldn't do chest work with weights, but I can do push ups. I can't do sit-ups but I can sit at a 45º angle and twist at the waist for obliques. I think I might be able to do any sliding disc work, XtrainLegs and Turbo Barre, and maybe other leg wt work, like squats. I'm interested in doing PRS#2 again. I'm afraid of high impact Hiit or Tabatas, but AOLIH might be ok as the "Less Impact" premix from TTM. I was working thru the June rotation, but now am afraid of Hiit which 40/20 is next and yoga relax, which I actually am afraid to do yoga. I can't lay on my back well or turn from front to back or back to front w/o pain. I feel I might be able to do MM minus chest work that isn't push ups. So odd. Maybe this is the week to load up on leg work and slide n glide stuff. How does this look:

M-AOLIH
T-Legs
W-TTM Less Impact
Th-Turbo Barre
Fri-LIS Athletic Training (I've never done this one before,what's it like??, but Friday is when I have my evaluations, so I may not get any wo in that day)
S-PRS#2

I guess I could just try it and if my side hurts too much then I stop...

Hi to all that follow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.