Damage Control June :)

MON

.. well had a MIGRAINE all weekend .. managed to get poolside late ystdy afternoon .. after it eased up .. shouldnt have worked FRI .. $%!$%!#$% .. never fails! no workouts to report .. and today none to report ... our friend's mother passed away SAT .. so visitation is tonight ... funeral is tmrw - but I have my yearly OBGYN and mammogram apt .. cant cancel .. I am going to schedule hysterectomy or minimum tubes tied ... was supposed to do it last year but work and being short handed along w/everything else stopped me .. well .. everything is still screwed up and work is still short handed .. time for me to take care of ME!!

Di - have fun w/the girls .. I KNOW you are!! LOL yes .. i went w/the 3 month version .. b/c wasnt sure if I would use it ... or like it .. but so far it is my GO TO workout ..

LL -so you had a fall ??? do you have broken ribs?? ugh .. sorry about that .. it is hard to do ANYTHING w/broken ribs!!

Wendy - yayayayayayayaayayaya .. you passed .. WOOHOO!! I knew you would .. crongrats {{ doing the happy dance }}

hello to all that follow!!

have a great one!

Hi ladies,

Evening post for me today. I ran 5.5 miles this morning along the marina and around the reservoir near where we are staying. The girls and I went to the outlet malls, out to lunch and then shopping for DH's birthday which is Wednesday. The girls picked out a confetti cake to make for grandpa. :p

LL-your alternate w/o choices look great. Hope your rib really isn't broken. Definitely don't do anything that causes you pain.

Laura-sorry about the migraine. I had a hysterectomy about 10 yrs ago. I had some female issues and my menstrual pain was unbearable....like not being able to go to work as well as some other issue. They did leave my ovaries so I don't need hormone replacement. Is the cause of your migraines hormonal? Thanks for the Zwow info, love that it is portable.

Hi Wendy, Tina and Lori!

Hi Ladies.

Thank you all so much for the congrats on the exam! I was sooooo nervous! Soooo happy to have passed!!!!!:D

Sorry for going MIA after my exam. That day (Saturday) was non stop. I left the house before 8am for work and didn't get home until 10pm that night with the exception of an hour at home after work to eat and get myself ready to head over to the testing center.

Sunday wasn't much better - Church, one training session and then off to the in-laws to celebrate Father's Day. Out of the house before 9am and didn't get home from in-laws until after 8pm.

Yesterday I had one appointment at the gym in the morning and my evening at the studio was full. In between I didn't get all that much accomplished. I was tired and cranky. I think I hit a wall so to speak after having such a busy/stressful weekend. I finally forced myself to exercise (first time since Friday) late in the afternoon. I did 15-20 minutes of timed circuit band work. It was all I could muster. I didn't have much time anyway b/c I had to make dinner and rush off to work.

This morning I have one class to teach at the new studio and then I work tonight. In between I have to go food shopping and finally get in a GOOD work out!!!!

Di:: Impressive run you got in on vacation! LOL re the confetti cake for grandpa! So you are considering joining Z Gym I see! One of these days I will get back to her work outs. They always seemed to work for me.

Laura:: Sorry about the headache. So I take it the operation will alleviate a lot of the issues you are having?

LL:: Sorry about the fall. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Gang-

Just a quick update, no workouts to report but from 8:30-12:30 I'm chasing 6-7 three year olds all the mornings this week. And that coupled with my evaluations on Friday, I'm not going to "set myself up for failure". I'm going to bag all the workouts I had planned and just try to eat well and get my portfolios finished!

And no I don't think I broke the rib but it still hurts and I feel a weird clicking in there with some movements, kinda like cracking your knuckles? I grosses me out more than it causing pain!

OK, I'm procrastinating here! I started to sweep the steps/front hall/kitchen and I first got paused on the steps, now I'm paused in the kitchen! And I'm not hungry for dinner (since we ate at 2) but need to feed my kiddos in 15 min so we can get to 2 basketball games tonight at 6 and 7. At least JTrain is spending the night at a friends since the volleyball training team is playing tonight and at least Hubby will be home at his regular (5:30/6) time tonight! But the afternoon flew by! I was home by 1, made lunch, watered my garden, ate lunch, did some laundry and "fiddled" on the computer with some sweeping and now I need to figure out dinner...I didn't even get any work done on JTrain's portfolio, CDawg's is almost finished.

Poochy- did you subscribe to Cathe OnDemand too?? Or was that someone else? The Z TV sounds cool, but until my rib heals up I'm not trying any of her stuff!

Fit_Mommy-congrats on passing!! Whoohoo!

Alright, enough procrastinating! I need to figure out dinner!!

Hello Ladies...:)

Got a good work out in before heading off to work this morning.....I did a 15 minute heavy weight circuit that I borrowed from my evening Studio job, then I did Precision Toning Butt with ankle weights on, one Burpee only Tabata and one hand to hand swing only Tabata. Then I went to work and did pretty much every single rep of the Full Body Toning class I taught! :eek:

Oh and btw, I got rear ended on the way to work this morning AGAIN so my car has to go into the shop AGAIN! :eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:

Tonight I have one PT client at 7pm. Tmrw will be a busier morning as well as evening! 2 back to back classes and possibly 1 or 2 PT's before that. At night I have 2 clients at 6 and 2 at 7. :)

LL:: Sorry about your ribs. I guess they are bruised or something. I'm sure it's uncomfortable. I subscribe to Z Gym and Cathe on Demand. Both are very cool. Less DVD clutter and no worries about losing workouts that you downloaded on your PC if it should crash! :)

OK now I have the connection! Wendy=Fit_mommy!

And you seem busier than ever with all your classes, what do you teach? I'm exhausted reading it all! Sorry about your car! I hate that! OK, I just read all the workouts you did to day and HOLY COW! How do you do it all?? Are you totally exhausted? I bet you look awesome tho!

Hubby just got home! Which means I can skip the games (really hard with Little K and when it's 86º in the sun!) and head to the library in a few min. and then back to put Little K to bed and hopefully finish the portfolios tonight. Well, all but printing pictures. But that's the fun part!

Happy Hump Day!;)

I am planning on working out this morning before work again. Felt so good to get it done early y'day! Not sure what I'll do yet but I'll keep you posted!

So Wednesday is the day when I teach 2 classes at the studio in the morning and was supposed to get 2 pt clients back to back before the classes. I trained one last week and it went well. I thought I would be training both this morning but now my boss tells me that both clients decided to just do classes from now on. REALLY!?!? If I didn't' have bad luck I'd have no luck at all! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

LL:: Neither my work schedule nor my work outs are nearly as impressive as you think they are. Trust me! LOL I do appreciate the thought though. :) The weight circuit I did yesterday was 15 mins long, the TA butt work was 15 mins long, & each tabata was 4 mins long so that's a 38 min work out plus a warm up and a stretch at the end. As for my one studio job, I teach 30 mins classes on tues/wed/thurs mornings....1 each on tues/thurs and 2 on wed. That's 2 hours of work total. Not nearly as impressive now, is it? :p I teach 3 light weight/high rep toning classes and one cardio class. No choreography involved. Just timed exercises.

Last edited:
This morning's work out was another 15 min heavy weight circuit, crunches only from TA PT abs and a ten minute interval work out of crawls and hand to hand swings. Also walked DS to school this morning. Ready for a nap now! :p

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I ran 6 miles around the res. I'm trying to get my leg endurance back before I have to start increasing the mileage for the 2 HM's later in the year. The girls want to do T25 today though. Probably a good idea for me too.

Today is DH's birthday and when the girls get up we are going out to breakfast. The girls will be making and decorating a cake today too! The weather is supposed to be rainy this afternoon, hopefully we can get to the park mid morning before the rain.

Wendy-sorry to hear about the cancellations, booh. Nice w/o's you are getting in. I plan on joining Zgym when I get home. Morning w/o's are the best for me, only way to guarantee I get them in. I love starting my day with my w/o!

LL-Best to set yourself up for success. We all have to forgo w/o's on occasion, life gets in the way. Good luck completing the portfolios! I can help you out with the names-you already figured out Wendy, rmrmr=Diana, Poochy=Laura, Fembot=Tina. ;)

Laura-hope you are feeling better now.

Tina-you must be out riding your bike!!!

bbl

HUMP DAY -

Hello ladies ..

no workout .. was in doctor apt ALL DANG DAY .. crap .. and mammogram - papsmear - consult - V. ultrasound (btw - let me just say - I WAS VIOLATED :eek: :confused: never had one of those - YIKES) .. then another consult - then to scheduling!! Doc didnt want to do hysterectomy :mad: :( he said the fibroid wasnt big enough - would just to tube tie!! :confused: to have that done second week of July :confused::confused::confused: better get my workouts in NOW!! I was hoping hysterectomy - so wouldnt have to worry about periods .. but he didnt want that! dang it .. oh well ... the surgery wont be as bad and recovery will be a LOT shorter! :)

DI - my migraines are b/c of stress and my eyes (lack there of) - the blind spot and no depth perception then add I am on computer ALL DAY - then add the added stress .. I keep a head ache every day .. but sometimes they go full blown - I do think hormones make the already existing headache worse ... not sure if this will do anything for them!! but I have been on BC pills WAY too long ... so time to come off of them - and too old to be getting preggers - dont want to take any chances .. lol .. BTW ----- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DH!!! woohoo!!!

Wendy - I saw where you got rear ended AGAIN .. GGRRRRRRRRRR .. stupid non drivers!!! booo for the clients cancel too .. dont worry .. you will build them up!! you had a busy weekend .. huh???

LL - dont listen to Wendy - she is our energizer bunny - and I am SURE her workouts and classes are MORE impressive than she wants to admit!! ;) and yes .. dont do Zuzka yet - MOST of her routines are core based - LOTS of pulling and lifting and supporting from the entire core area!!!

Hello to all that follow!!

today was heavy weights at the CC: alternating sets of - leg extensions (55#) - bis 15#- Hamstring curls 65# - lat rows 25# - large step ups 20# - delt lift/side lateral extension/upright row 15# dumbells - and calves 30# .. yes muscles are shaking ... this afternoon will be a ZWOW workout!!!

Hi Girls. :)

You can add a large part of both classes I taught yesterday AND a beginner Karate class to my work outs for y'day! OMG - I am sore!:eek:

This morning I am teaching a toning class. I might stay to take the Zumba class that follows mine...or maybe not. :p But either way I have no other work outs on tap for today...

Laura:: When is your surgery scheduled for? They sure put you through the ringer with all of the junk they did to you! HUGS!!!!

Di:: Nice run! Happy Birthday to DH! I hope you enjoy Z-Gym!

Hi Ladies,

No workout to report for yesterday.:eek: Our day just did not go as expected. The girls made a cake with lots of sprinkles :D, and rode their bikes. I want to go back to the outlet shops today and look for a coach tote at the coach outlet.

This morning will probably be another run, 4-5 mile range. My calves are a bit sore and I'm not sure if its from running or wearing my sandals.:confused:

I have some news on the job front. I was waiting for the background/drug check/references etc to be completed. I was notified yesterday that all the pre-screening has been successfully completed. I was offered and accepted a new job that I will start on July 21st. Please don't mention on FB as I won't be giving my notice for another couple weeks. I'm so happy. The drive won't be fun-32 miles each way, but after 3 months I can work from home 2 days per week. I'm either going to have to get up by 4:15-4:30 to w/o in the morning, or switch to evening w/o's. Evening would be a huge change for me. To start, I'd like to try getting up earlier and see how that goes. That could prove to be pretty tough too...not a morning person here.

Wendy-I saw you were hit again, booh. I want an SUV again and have been looking at red ones because I think they would be easy to see...apparently not!

Laura-sorry, but your post made me laugh!:p I do agree, a v. ultrasound is violating as is a pap smear IMO. I think the recovery is pretty short. Just make sure you let yourself recover, it's still surgery. Nice heavy weight w/o missy!

Hi to LL & Tina!

THURS

Hello ladies ..

well I can barely type today .. after heavy weights at lunch - i did the cardio and abs special on Z-gym .. HOLY CRAP ... I used the JNL weighted fake jump rope .. IT sat my forearms on fire .. then the core stuff she did .. KILLED my arms and shoulders .. OMG ... they were burning on fire ... I could barely grip the steering wheel on drive home ... yes MAJOR doms: forearms, bis, shoulders and traps!! eeeouch!

DI - CONGRATS on the new position .. woohoooo!!!! ... WTG!!!!! ... my commute is about 28 - 30 miles .. it is not bad at all .. I get to unwind before I go home .. pretty nice .. but nope morning workouts would not work for me either ...I cant function that early in the morning ... that is my best sleeping time .. LOL

Wendy - WTG on the classes - enjoy karate -I took several years of Yoshikai karate ... learned a lot . . but then lost sight in my eye ... so kept missing blocks had to quit!!! my biggest problem was my TIGHT hips .. but how fun doing it w/your DS and DH .. FUN!

hello to all that follow ..

I have errands at lunch .. so no lunch workout .. not that I could move enough to do one .. LOL ... tonight will be a ZWOW workouts .. w/focus and LOWER BODY .. LOL

have a great one!

Hello Ladies. I am bagging self defense and just going with Karate 2x per week so no class for me tonight which meant I could work out today and boy did I need it! I was soooo cranky! Feeling much better post work out though! Here's what I did: A 15 minute heavy weight circuit (3x thru) of slider reverse lunges R then L, lateral plank walks/crawls, KB squats and mountain climber push ups. I followed that up with three interval band azz-achers! 20 on/10 off x 8 rounds of each of these---> lateral band walks, band standing glute kick backs and stability ball bridge with lateral rolls! Then I did one for the inner thighs - sb squeezes!!! OUCHEES!!!! Loved it! LOL

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

We just got home from DH's birthday breakfast at Mimi's! I had the egg white and veggie omelet but did eat the 2 slices of toast. Oh well... The kiddos have gone with their dad for the next week. We'll see them for a bit tomorrow, but then its back to reality for DH and I.

No workout to report for yesterday or yet today. I hope to get in some weight training late afternoon. The rest of the day will be spent running errands, paying bills etc. Tomorrow my cousin and her DH will be stopping by for a short visit. They live in Wyoming but came to Denver to celebrate their 30th anniversary!

Wendy-you must have buns of steel!:p All the TA and band work are killer, IMO. Way to go!!

Laura-nice w/o's. I guess I should also get signed up with Zgym and give that a whirl too. My commute will be approx. an hour or more each way on a busy interstate. I've been looking for alternate routes but so far haven't come up with any that would be any less time. I haven't had to drive the interstate during rush hour for over 25 years.

Hi to all who follow....

Hi Ladies,

I need to get my exercise groove back. Nope, nothing to report for yesterday.:eek:

So I went clothes shopping yesterday since my clothes are hanging off me. On the upside-I'm down at least 2 sizes:D:D:D:D, unfortunately I couldn't find anything that fit....ugh. I tried on 7 pr of pants/capris and 2 skirts. The pants were way to big in the waist, but tight in the thighs. Not too tight, but definitely couldn't go down a size. Of course I was at Kohl's to use a 30% coupon. UGH. I'm going to try Penney's later today. I may have to go with dresses instead for my new job. So Frustrated!

bbl to report my workout-I promise.:p

Diana! That is so great about the clothes!! I wish I could say the same thing. :(

But I did finally get some exercise in today! I pushed Little K around the neighborhood for about an hour!! Some hill so I did raise my heart rate for a little. It wasn't much but I really am tired and couldn't bring myself to go wo in the basement by myself so our whole family went! Well, not JTrain, he's at church for Wayne Service week, community service today to Thursday.

https://www.cosnet.org/blast/announcements/wayne-service-week/

if interested. :)

I'm going to try to eat better (again) no eating after 8 (I tend to load up on chocolate then...) and tracking again.

Good morning Ladies. My dear Aunt was laid to rest last week. I did manage some half-hearted workouts during the week. This weekend was lots of miles on the bike. Summer weather has finally showed up. I'm starting the last week of Meso 1 today. Looking forward to next weeks rest, this house is going to get CLEANED!

Diana, CONGRATULATIONS!! Your new job sounds fantastic! May I suggest you start listening to audio books on your commute? Your library should have a nice collection and Audible.com is a really good source. Congrats to having to shop for smaller sizes. :)

Wendy, CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be so happy that test is behind you. Sorry to hear about your fender-bender. :(

Laura, your description of your test cracked me up. Last time I had one of those the radiologist described that wand as "like a super tampon", and I was all like "oh no it isn't"!!! I hope your procedure gives you some relief. I predict I'll be considering some sort of surgery in the future too.

LL, I hope you're all healed up now. Bruised ribs are the worst. I bruised mine falling off a horse when I was young, took months to feel better. Are you on summer break now?

Off to tackle M1D10. :)

Hi Fembot, sorry about your aunt! Way to go at still doing some kind of workout, I bet it lifts your mood somewhat.

I did 31 min of PRS#1 this morning! I could have done more had I known that Little K's speech therapy appt wasn't on, I should have looked at their calendar... Today's eating was going! Tracking and going by the 21 day fix containers, and I still have points/containers left for a smoothie this evening! I'm actually really full though:
Per workout fuel: nectarine
Breakfast: I slice whole wheat bread with 2t peanut butter and 2T unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
Lunch: half roast beef, cheese and tons of veggies left over from yesterday, 5 large strawberries
Pm snack: left over 1/2 c corn and 4 small shrimp, 1.5 oz cheddar
Dinner: 1c carrots and cukes (this was supposed to be part of the snack but dinner was early...), 1c broccoli, 1c romaine/cukes/carrots drizzled with homemade olive oil and balsamic dressing, 6 oz sirloin steak
Evening snack (maybe): strawberry banana smoothie with 2 scrambled eggs and according to 21 day fix, I'll still have 2t of oil/peanut putter left, I may just use the oil for the eggs. But honestly I'm not hungry at all. But I will be up to 11/12 tonight, just because I always am, no matter how hard I try to go to bed earlier.....

Hi to all that follow!

Morning Ladies - TUES

I was on vaca yesterday - back to reality now - had great fishing trip .. and FINALLY I had a FRIEND (female) with me - she had a great time too - she just had not been in a while and said she needed to refresh her memory and get back into the groove of things fishing wise - it certainly isnt your average vacation or beach trip - lots of work!!! :p but I love it!

Today - I FINALLY am to get my permenent cap for my NONtooth .. woohoooo ... FINALLY .. been a long time coming!!

DI - CONGRATS on the weight loss - 2 sizes .. WOW! That is excellent! and hour commute for 30 miles - yikes! must be traffic like Atlanta or Miami!!!

Tina - sorry about your aunt - that is so sad!! Life is SHORT!!! .... re: large tampon HA!! ITA - oh H## no it isnt!! yikes!! and DH had the nerve to want to get "frisky" that night :eek: WTH???? Told him his chances were around -0% .. LOL ... my "v" was traumatized!! { :confused: men :confused: }LOLOLOL

LL - so is the 21 day fix thing working?? my friend has that .. but think she must mainly does the workouts ..

Wendy - sometimes our OWN workouts are harder than regular workouts - that seems to be the norm for me now!! .. although Zuzka has been giving it to me lately :) !!

OK .. sooooo today will be heavy weights at the CC at lunch - the Zuzka after work .. I am SOOOOO TIRED from our trip tho .. we had a WORK day .. then the dogs keep us up all night .. then we are up at 5 .. then fish all day .. and the heat was unbearable .. geesh it was hot.. then cleaning up etc !! OH well .. gonna force myself to workout anyway! LOL

have a great one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.