Commit to get Fit & Lean for July & December 2015

Evening!
Belinda, thanks for your wishes for my dd. She's doing better and has been released from the hospital. Her counts were amazingly high. She'll go tomorrow for a dr visit and more tests. They believe she may have a condition somewhat similar to rheumatiod arthritis but where the enzymes cause it. Apparently, it was lying dormant and the exercise just triggered it. She has to be checked for possible liver, kidney and heart damage from the very high counts. How was Alesia's birthday? Small world that your former neighbor lives so close to your dd!
Kristin, congrats on winning the costume contest. Glad everyone had fun.
Deb, hope all is well with you. Was this a sauce weekend?
Did std tb in honor of Belinda today and am feeling it already. Needed a hard, solid workout to make up for missing the past few days and hoping it will help me to sleep tonight. Also got in a 3 mile dog walk. The poor dogs have missed their exercise the past few days.
Cookie

Hi,

Happy Belated Halloween!!! It was our Anniversary on Halloween so it was a busy weekend. I did get upper body (4DS) in this weekend but took today off so tired even with an extra hour of sleepo_O:eek: I did a lot of cooking but my older son was supposed to come over but we had a miss communication.

Belinda - I hope you had a nice time celebrating Alesia's birthday!!

Kristin - You won the contest awesome:)

Cookie - So sorry to hear about your dd but happy to hear she is feeling better and out of the hospital. I just made a marinara sauce but really need to make a big sauce next week.

Goodnight:)

Good morning,

This week is my recovery week. Not sure what cardio I will do ?

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend? Mine was amazing :) we didn't get home until late last night.

I will be back and catch up on personals later.

Workout done. That's three in a row for me, lol. I don't want to jinx it. I was feeling in the mood for low impact and kickbox, so I did Kickmax, low impact premix with the combos and leg drills. My legs are fried, lol. I got a little frustrated at work today. I have 30 students per class, 5 classes. In each class I have 3-4 students missing assignments. I have most parent emails, so I emailed these parents, but of course, no one responded and no one brought in their missing assignments. I spent most of my lunch and prep periods calling these parents now. I couldn't get a hold of any of them except 2. What is sad though, is when you look up each child in the district website, almost all of them had one thing in common, contact alerts. You can call mom, but dad doesn't have custody, so do not contact him, or call dad but not mom, call grandma, never the father. . . it was hard to keep it all straight. These kids have so much to deal with on top of just going to school and trying to pass. So sad. . .

Belinda- I had an awesome weekend too :). Can you believe it is November? Time for Thanksgiving soon!

Deb- I was exhausted yesterday too! I am not sure if it was due to all the running around or what, but I went to bed early.

Cookie- I'm sorry, I misread your earlier post. I did not realize your daughter was sick. I thought it was a friend's daughter. . . I am so sorry. I hope she is feeling better!

BB tomorrow. Hopefully I will have another workout completed.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class & started getting so many work emails about the holidays. I'm so happy the weather is really nice the last couple of years we had snow so close to Halloween, ugh!

Belinda - I'm happy you had a nice weekend! I forgot about the recovery weeks in STS:)

Kristin - It's crazy how families dynamics have changed so much from when we were younger, so sad:( I'm sure you will have DOMS tomorrow from your workout!

Cookie - Waves hi

Good morning,

Went for a long walk this morning. It's getting cold outside :(

Cookie - so sorry about your DD, hope she feels better soon.

Kirstin - that is so sad :( Time flies doesn't it :) Thanksgiving is just around the corner, than xmas.

Debbie - Happy Anniversary :) Hope you had a great weekend too. Trust me I need a recover week. I am looking forward to M2 next week.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great workout and day, everyone.

Hey guys. Just finished Burn Sets, Chest, Back and Shoulders. It felt good. Even though today was Superintendent's Conference Day, I was pretty stressed when I came home. First of all, we haven't had a contract in 4 years. The BOE and union finally reached a tentative agreement, which the union was supposed to present to the membership on Thursday. Come to find out today, the BOE still didn't meet to sign the agreement, so it is a waiting game again. Well, members were upset and the decision was made to picket after school on Thursday, being as though we were going to attend a meeting and now it is cancelled because the BOE continues to play games with us. . . Come home to a dirty house, even though DH and the boys were home. I don't mind a messy house, but a messy kitchen. .. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyway. .. I almost didn't workout today, but I am glad I did. My muscles have a nice pump in them and I feel a little bit better. I also walked Baxter for an hour.

Belinda- it was cold this morning, but we had 68 degree high here today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be the same. Every day I don't have to turn on the heat is a good day :).

'Evening!
Belinda, really glad you had such a good time. Just curious, do you also visit your former neighbor from time to time? I'm still shaking my head in amazement at what a small world it really is.
Kristin, thanks. It was really very scary last week. Her levels are down, but it appears she will have this as a chronic condition for perhaps the rest of her life. We are still in the learning phase as she's being tested and evaluated. We are just really hoping she hasn't sustained liver, heart, and/or kidney damage from the very high levels of last week. We don't have a contract either, but working in a school under receivership it wouldn't matter anyway. It does make for increased stress.
Deb, you must be getting ready for a busy holiday season at work. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary. How many years was it this year? Your dh is a lucky guy. Are you still taking yoga classes with your favorite instructor?
Didn't sleep well last night (probably worried about my dd and work), and then ended up with not enough time to workout this morning. Yesterday I did hard strikes, which I absolutely love! Cathe has so many good workouts.
Cookie

Hi,

Today I did 4ds cardio kickbox maybe should have not done it right after dinner:eek: One of my stores will be very happy I will visit them 4x a month during the holidays, usually only 2x even during the holidays. This store always misses me the most, even departments I don't do work in LOL.

Belinda - The mornings are still cold;) You may have to wait till afternoon for your walks.

Kristin - It must be a stressful situation, eventually they have to sign so much procrastinating. I bet the workout really helped. I thought you would have off today?

Cookie - I'm sure you are so worried about your dd, it is so hard when it is our children. TG for working out! It was 28 years for us:eek:

Good morning,

Karen Voight Pilates TB is done.

Cookie - please be kind to yourself :) You are going through a lot with your DD :) I will keep her in my prayers and wish her a speedy recovery. It's a small world. My former neighbor and I meet quit often. Either for lunch, or dinner in DC :) Or she and her family come to our house.

Debbie - it's so dark in the evening :) DH and I walk the dogs early in the mornings. I hardly walk the dogs alone anymore :) I been getting attack to many times from other dogs in our neighborhood. They all blame "my dog don't bite" :( Ya, right! I am tired fighting their dogs off mine. DH has to take walks with us, he doesn't mind since he can't workout.

Kirstin - my heater is running every night :) it's to cold. It's in the 70's during the day. When we walk the dogs it's in the 30's - 40'4. Loving the afternoons.

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout, everyone.

Hi,

Today I took hot yoga class. We are going for a bite to eat tonight so thought I would post before we leave:)

Belinda - That is scary, I would bring my DH too! Your poor dogs too, because they are on leashes puts them at a disadvantage:(

Kristin - We have the heat on in the morning & evening too. It is colder here since we are Northwest.

Cookie - Waves hi

BBT

Good morning,

DH and I went for a long dog walk this morning. It's so beautiful outside :)

Question for you girls? Do you still buy workout dvd's? Or downloads?

Cookie - how is your daughter doing? How are you holding up?

Debbie - hope you had fun last night. Good job on the yoga. Even when DH and I take walks together we been attack by other dogs. He doesn't mind walking since he is counting steps too :)

Kirstin - have fun with your workout today. Did you order ICE?

I will be back tomorrow. Have a great day and workout.

'Evening!
Belinda, thanks. I think the worries over here are tiring me out. Even when they became adults, they're still our kids. She is having her levels monitored daily and has a full eval next week. Her swelling is down, so she looks back to normal. Your poor dogs and you. Deb is right, yours are at a disadvantage and the other dogs know it. Bullying in the dog world.
Kristin, I hate a dirty kitchen also, and after all these years you would think my dh would know that. Hope today was better.
Deb, I think most schools now are in attendance or have conference days on election day. Even w/voting in the schools, we still were in session. You sure are going to make that store happy. It must make you feel great to realize how much they appreciate and like you. How was dinner?
Today was lic. I hadn't done that one in a long time.
Cookie

Hey guys. Just finished my workout. I did Great Glutes. I had scheduled RWH LBC for today, but I just didn't have it in me to do that tough of a workout today. After school I went to picket with the union and I didn't get home until 5:30. Had to make dinner and then do homework, so I am glad I got a workout in at all.

Cookie- LIC is a good one! I am hoping your daughter gets better soon. It is so true no matter how old your child gets, you always worry.

Belinda- I still buy the dvds. I like to have the case and the dvd. I know eventually it will all be download, but for now, I stick with the DVDs. Dogs have a funny sense of who they can pick on. . . it is true. I don't take Baxter to dog parks that are open play anymore. When I took him (when he was 1) he got challenged a lot, I think because he was still a "puppy." When he got aggressive back, the other owners would make comments to me, meanwhile their dog started it. Hey, my dog is a boxer, and when he gets mad, yea, he is intimidating. One of the many reasons I got him btw, lol.

Deb- We had a conference day. It wasn't all that bad. I set up my google classrooms, which is cool.

Okay, bb tomorrow.

Kristin

Hi,

Today I took a yoga class. I have a freezer in my basement & I must not have closed it tightly the other day so all the food defrosted:(:mad::oops: Well it was my fault. The good thing it was only 1/2 full & didn't have any Sunday sauces made so that is a good thing. Tomorrow will bag everything but leave it in the freezer until garbage day, especially since a neighbor saw a bear on her deck last week:eek:

Belinda - It was beautiful today, nice day for a walk! I will buy dvds as long as they make them, especially workout dvds. I stopped buying movie dvds a long time ago. I have bought a couple of movie downloads for my kindle for travel.

Kristin - I was thinking about you today when ds's gf had the day off but needed to use the washing machine & wash her work dishes just when I arrive home & need them:rolleyes:

Cookie - Dinner was good. LIC is a good one haven't done that one in awhile either.

'Morning!
Belinda, it depends on the workout whether I prefer dvd or download. If it has a lot of equipment, I favor the dvd since it is easier to quick the remote if I need to pause to change things around than get up and pause the laptop; otherwise, I like the convenience of downloads. One of the documents I really miss from my old laptop dying was an Excel file of all my dvds categorized by type, instructor, type of workout, time and equipment. That really helped me to know exactly what I had and when selecting a workout to do.
Kristin, thanks. It seems like this is something she is going to have to deal with forever. She's feeling overwhelmed with trying to figure it out and accept it, as she's finishing up her last trimester of college. Since she is adopted and it has a genetic component, it is raising a lot of things she hasn't thought about previously. And then she got the hospital bill! Good for you getting in a workout after a long day.
Deb, a bear?!! Yikes! I've done that same thing with our downstairs freezer and really get annoyed with myself each time. It's also a mess to clean up. Glad dinner was good.
Did High Reps this morning, but have been up since 2:30. Hope I don't fall asleep in a meeting today.
Cookie

Hey girls,

DH and I took a walk this morning. I also did Shape Pilates with Lizbeth Garcia = 30 min.

I also prefer dvd's over downloads. I always forget about the downloads. Most fitness instructors are going with streaming these day's :( I feel like I need to stock up on DVD's :p I don't want the extra monthly expense that comes with streaming. Plus my internet isn't the best .

Cookie - I know it's stressful time for you and your dd :( Poor girl !! Hang in there! I hope she feels better soon and have everything under control.

Debbie - I never bought a lot of movie dvd's. I am glad so many of us still prefer dvd's. Like you, I will buy them as long as they make them. If they stop making them I have enough workout dvd's to last me the rest of my life :)

Kirstin - I hear you on the dog park :( Other dogs are so aggressive, it's not funny. My poor dog Brawler (Lab/Boxer mix) always gets attack? He is the sweetest dog, but for some reason every dog likes to attack him. He already took enough beatings in his life, poor thing. My GS mix likes to dominate him, he likes to bite him.

See you all tomorrow. Have a great day and workout.

Good morning,

I am not sure if I get a workout in today? DH has an appointment with his surgeon for this shoulder this afternoon.

I will be back later today.

Hi guys. Yesterday ended up being a rest day because I was just too exhausted. I don't know why, but the clock change really messed with me. I felt tired all week. Not sure why being as though technically we "gained" an hour. Maybe it is the fact that it gets dark around 4:30 now. . . Anyway, I made up for it today. I did the workout I had scheduled for last night, Burn Sets Bis and Tris, and I did the workout I had scheduled for today, RWH LI2. Tomorrow I think I am going to do RWH LBC, if I have it in me, lol.

Belinda- good luck to DH today. Who knows with dogs. One of my trainers told me that the dog doesn't need to "socialize" with other dogs. He thinks of us as his pack and he is happy belonging to us. Once he told me that I was done with dog parks for good, lol. Now I take Baxter to a dog beach, but all dogs must be on a leash. I let him off only when no one else is around.

Cookie- I can understand how having a health scare and needing to know your familial medical background can raise questions and feelings for a person who was adopted. I can't imagine what the hospital bill is at all!

Deb- LOL at your story with dh's gf. I am doing laundry today. I go to put clothes in the dryer. . . DH has clothes in there from God knows when. More work for me. . . Grrrrr. :mad::mad::mad:

Okay be back tomorrow. I have a house to clean and a ton of paperwork to take care of.

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.