Checking in

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hey, everyone. I had a 2 workout week last week--no reason, really, it just sort of happened!--so I didn't check in. My guilt is gone and I feel silly for not checking in, so I'm getting this week's in early :)

MONDAY: rest
TUESDAY: MIS
WEDNESDAY: Intense Moves +MIS abs
THURSDAY: 10-10-AllStep combo, interrupted after 30 minutes by downstairs neighbor...
FRIDAY: StepWorks :-wow (the whole thing--its been awhile!) + CTX kickbox--abs and stretch only
SATURDAY: MIS
SUNDAY: (tomorrow) 60 minutes cardio--I'm planning a hike in the beautiful desert area down the road. Lots of mini mountains and Saguaro cactuses and lizards to look at. This will be my first hike around here since May (?), and I can't wait!!! It's finally cool, and I love Arizona in the fall and winter :-jumpy
Have great weeks, everyone!
Wendy

New Hours to get used to...

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-00 AT 05:39AM (Est)[/font][p]....I get to sleep in a little, and it's hard to get adjusted. I got up at 5:00 this morning, and still fall asleep on the couch at night. I don't have to leave for work until 8:20 instead of 6:15...BIG difference. It's still hard to work out in the morning even with "sleeping in." Why is that?????

I worked out hard this week to make up for my wild eating last Friday and Saturday.

Saturday: Nothing...still pigging out
Sunday: Bodymax, the whole thing...to get back on track
Monday: A walk/run at the Y before work!!! I don't think I'll be doing that a lot! This will get switched to PM
Tuesday: Taeobo II in the AM...these long tapes are going to get switched to days off.
Wed. rest
Thurs. Run/walk at the Y....not long enough, stopped at 20 minutes
Friday: MIS...hadn't done this one for awhile, and I forgot how tough it was!!! I felt in my posterior and my chest yesterday. Got to see Deb H today!!! We ate at this neat sandwich place, Panera Bread, where it was easy to eat sensibly. I had the day off, so it's easier to do fun stuff now.
Saturday: Taebo III

Have to work half a day today (Sunday), but I'll live since I get Fridays and Saturdays off now.

Pardon me while I get up the gumption to do Intense Moves! This will be me at about 6:15 this morning :-jumpy, and this will be me at 7:30 tonight :-sleepy. I want to be able to stay up till 10:00...I wonder how long that will take?

RE:Hi everyone!!

Not a bad week for me, I really can't complain about anything! So I guess I'll just get on with it.
MON: BodyMax(whole thing I really love this tape!)

TUES: Step Heat(not the abs part though)

WED: Taught my Urban Rebounding class(with some step intervals thrown in) and my BodyPump class.

THURS: StepWorks(the whole thing and only the second time I've done this tape. I love the last segment!)

FRI: MIS and the 3 PS's that I taped off the tv. It totalled for 2 hrs of lifting weights and I sure felt it!

SAT: NOTHING Had 3 soccer games and helped my mom move.

SUN: I'm leaving in 10 min to go meet Kellie and go "junning" Walk/run. Then I'm coming home to help my mom move some more!!

Have a happy and healthy week everyone!!

Hi Everyone,
I want to thank all of you, these checkins really help me. I think just knowing I'll post what I do affects my activities, and makes me more accountable. So thanks for reading!
Last week my focus was Circuit Max and strength.
Monday-Circuit Max
Tuesday- Leaner Legs
Wednesday-MIS Upper Body only
Thursday-Circuit Max- used a barbell for all the strength and didn't do any upper body.
Friday-Step and Intervals (cardio only) and MIS upper body
Saturday- Leaner Legs and Stage I and II of Christi's Step Heaven.
I really liked this week and I think I'm going to repeat it a couple of times and see how it helps. I'm still trying to get back all I lost for the 2+ months I was out of commision due to PF.
Good luck to everyone and have a great week!
Today- Rest- Yoga Zone's Flexibility and Stress Release

Happy Sunday Everyone!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-15-00 AT 11:27AM (Est)[/font][p]Wendy~Good to see you back this week.:D We ALL have off weeks. Hope you are able to work out your schedule with your neighbor below!!:-hmmm

HoneyBunch~It was fun meeting for lunch. We need to do it again soon. Good Luck on your body getting adjusted to a new "time-clock". Great workout week! :)

Aimee~I would think "junning" would be jog/running and "wunning" would be walk/running! Hee-Hee! Keep up the good work.;-)

Okay, onto my week:

Monday~My VERY 1st. day in my new workout room!! CardioKicks, CS&T. It was great to actually move around on CK, but once we get all our equipment moved in, I'll have to tighten up a bit! Taught a Hi/Lo with light toning, Kickbox & ABS in the afternoon.

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo with Lt. Toning, KB & ABS, Did the ABS section from The Method All In One Workout later in the evening.

Wednesday~BodyMax-LOVE this tape! :-tired

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning, Abs and Kickbox. Was miserable after the 2nd. class after fighting a cold ALL day! Went home and was in bed by 10:15 (unheard of in our house!) But was awaken with a phonecall from my sis at 11:00. We talked til 12:30. Sooo much for getting some rest!

Friday~Decided to do MIS since I knew HB was doing it. I think she sent energy vibes my way because I actually felt much better with my cold after I was done. Thanks HB and lunch out with you was great!

Saturday~Did the Cardio sections from 10-10-10 and the Kickbox X-press tape!!!! THANKS HB for the loan! They were both sooo fun and I surprised myself how well I picked up the steps. I had to rewind the mamba on the step once and the dbl. ricochet, but I THINK I have them! Fun, Fun tapes.:)

Sunday~REST! We are trying to finish off the basement still. We are ALMOST there. Have a great week everyone and I'll be back to check-in on the rest of you later.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)(P.S. Hey 227~I always miss someone! Good week for you. Yes, it does help to be held accountable. Good Luck with your rotation and your coming back after PF!!)

The good thing about checkin' in EARLY

You can quickly respond to everyone ... :7

Wendy: No time for guilt. I was headed for a VERY bad exercise week, but thanx to my friend NanC (thanx NanC! ;-)) I realized that I could pull it out before it got TOO far away from me! Your week looked EXCELLENT!

HoneyBunch: Intense Moves is a fun tape. You make me feel like blowing the dust off of mine and giving it a try again! Good luck on adjusting to the new schedule! REMEMBER : Three weeks and it's HABIT !!! :7

Amy: I take it you made a typo... although I would definitely put a MAD face in by BodyMax. Unlike you... I don't LOVE it -- how often do you see it in my check-in??? ;-)

Sarah: yes.. the check-ins can really help, can't they? :) Your week looked brutal. :-wow Are you still walking?????

Debbie: You lucky, lucky girl.... the workout room is COMPLETE. Go Debbie! Go Debbie! Go Debbie! ;-) My dh WISHES I had my own workout room.... with barbells strewn across the den with tall boxes, 2 steps, weights, mats, etc, etc. OH well... what can I say? :-hmmm Enjoy!

Ok, so onto my week.... I'm finally checking in again on a Sunday. The week was really going into Slumpsville.... don't ask me why just not INTO it. Totally unlike me. Even dh was wishing I would start babbling about sore muscles, tall box climbs, brutal tapes, etc, etc!!!

A GREAT BIG HUMANGOUS cyber hug and thank you to Nancy for getting me back on track! You are the best..... Thank you, thank you, thank you.... :-shy

Mon: Spin & Abs Class a.m., Colleen's Step Circuit class p.m.**

Tues: Rest Day (cuz we all need 'em)

Wed: RAW (with Helen Vanderburg) got through 20 minutes, it wasn't doin' it for me... so I popped it out! But the music made me think of StepWorks, so I popped that in for 10 minutes, nope that didn't do it either.. so I popped that out and put in 10-10-10 for 5 minutes and decided I guess I didn't want to work out.

Thurs: Rest Day (cuz life got in the way)**

Fri: Hi/Lo Heaven (the ENTIRE thing! dh was thrilled. He'd been bugging me to puuuhhhhllllleeeeeeeaaaasssssseeee do a heavy duty workout. I just wasn't being "me"

Sat: Woke up with a LOUSY headache.... sinuses? don't know. Getting the flu? Don't know (that sure would explain the 3 yucky days this week). From working out ??? OH NO!!!! :-wow let's hope not. Went back to bed till 12:30 p.m. and when I got up, I think I was better... went for a walk, cuz it's absolutely picture-perfect and gorgeous..... Walked 8 miles.... staring at the fall foliage, having a talk with myself.... and when I got home... lo and behold was into upper body. .... So, I strung along the weight sections from CTX and then did Abs from Leaner Legs. Ok, I'm getting back to normal and I feel fine now! ;-)

Sun: Well, I'm on a roll... let's see ..... Leaner Legs (hey -- I was dreading it, thinking it's 60 mins. long.... SURPRISE! It's only 45 and boy what a difference that 15 minutes makes. I actually ENJOYED it this time....)... 15 minutes of Lower Body Sculpting (for the table work...) What am I NUTS??? :-wow.... Yep!!! Then I did hi/lo from 9704 (Franny... workout with a vengence ....) and then cooled down with 15 minutes on my Ellipse!!!

So, it was a good week after all.. I think I'm gonna be OK! :-jumpy

** I do wish that Daphne would not post over at VF every time she has trouble with her van (her tires was the latest ....) Well, every time she talks about it... MY VAN DIES So, Daphne if you're reading this.... STOP THAT Tee-hee! Ya know I love ya! ;-) Anyway... sure enough, on the way home from the gym, the van would not go above 25 mph. Didn't think I'd make it home.... stopped at the dealer on the way home.. left it. It was the computer, which took 2 days to come in and I was without a vehicle till Friday night. That was the pits, and of course is very unusual for the computer to go. (Leave it to MY van!)... but it's back.. and looking on the bright side? Didn't happen on the way down to or in So. Jersey in 13 days (but who's counting?) :-jumpy!!!!! And it should be good to go... ayayayaya....

Colleen is back to teaching and on Monday nights, so now I have to adjust my workout schedule. I LOVE her classes but have to adjust my spin schedule now. :-( Of course, after begging and pleading for her to teach, I HAD to show up for her class on Monday night, despite no vehicle!!! Besides, she perks me up! :)

Have a GREAT week everybody......
Cleda

I'm surprised I got in as many workouts as I did, as I had this weird stomach-flu bug hitting me for the past 3-4 days. Wednesday I came home from work and was so nauseous I went right to bed. My stomach was "weird" (that's the only way I can describe it!) for the past few days, and then this morning I had diarrhea all morning! ENOUGH!!!!

Anyway....it didn't ruin my week too much, but I get my period next week and I'm sure THIS upcoming week may be a wash.

Monday: NOTHING

Tuesday: Circuit Max

Wednesday: PS Chest, CTX Shoulders section and abs

Thursday: CTX Kickbox & Biceps, CTX Triceps section only

Friday: Body Max (whew! Haven't done that one in a few weeks! Forgot how tough it was!)

Saturday: Todd Gheisar Workout #1

Sunday: Kathy Smith Kickboxing (This was actually the morning I had diarrhea, but I planned on previewing this tape anyway...ended up getting off the couch and "joining in" for most of it!)

So, the rest of my day today has been spent sipping ginger ale, eating saltines....you get the picture....what a joy!!!

Have a good week everyone!

check-in

Hello everyone,

Here's my week:

Monday--CTX Step and Intervals Leaner Legs abs only
Tuesday--CTX Kickbox
Wednesday--CTX All STep
Thursday--day 2 of 5 day abs
Friday--first section of hi/lo Heaven MIS abs

That's my week, I hope everyone has a great week ahead:)

Laura

Wow, everyone's weeks look great!!

Honeybunch - it sounds like your new scheudule will be really good once you get used to it.

DebbieH - the workout room sounds really cool! It sounds like you are having a great time breaking it in.

I had another good week. I think I'm on a roll here. My goal is get in at 5 hours of exercise per week & I made that the last 2 weeks.

Mon - home w/ sick toddler - p.m. workout during his nap - Step Heat and CTX Triceps & Shoulders

Tues - a.m. - Leaner Legs

Wed - Rest day - stuffy nose and bad headache

Thurs - a.m. - PS CST & Abs from PS SLA

Fri - unplanned rest day - up and down w/ cranky toddler

Sat - Step Fit w/u and Section 1 - this was my 1st time to do this tape and I was picking the choreography up a lot better than I expected when the toddler boy woke up and I had to stop
and change gears. Firm Vol 4

Sun - Advanced Tae Bo - 2nd time with this tape; the floorwork is hard! I think my butt will be sore tomorrow!

Wendy - can't wait for fall/winter hiking here in So Cal. Highs still in the 80's so it's still too warm to take dogs.

Honeybunch - nice to have a week under your belt, isn't it?

My week:
Monday: PS BB&A; run 40 min
Tuesday: PS Legs; Pilates mat class
Wednesday: spinning; PS CS&T
Thursday: nada
Friday: Circuit Max (space problems & boy does that plank work sting you in the end); Spinning (instructor just back from his honeymoon so we paid for his dietary indulgences. Wonder what the bride has in store next Wednesday at her spinning class!)

Saturday: Cycle 47 miles (flat, headwinds on the return - husband did more, a lot more, than his share of the pulling)

Sunday: Run 40 minutes (husband had pancakes ready when I got back! Ok - I left a hint); Firm Total Body Shaping Mix (forgot it had so many plyo jumps); Millenium Stretch tonight

Making progress (flexibility & core body strength) in the Pilates classes. The instructor is gradually adding in new moves, recently started doing planks. Boy do I hate/need them. If I don't do Circuit Max, I should at least cue up that plank work at the end.

Have a great week everyone!
Debra

my week

Hi everybody!!! Looks like pretty much everyone had a :D week!
Wendy-I hear ya about the 2 workout weeks, I'm finally getting back into the swing of things too!
HB-good luck with the IMax in the AM!!! I love that tape, but man does it kill me!
DebbieH-isn't it nice to have a space all your own and set up just for the purpose of your "obsession" (at least for me). Just set up my DVD player tonight in my basement
Sarah-good week :) It does help to check in and 'fess up
Cleda-I hear ya-gotta go with the inspiration!!! Sometimes when nothing feels right-better to forget it!
Terri-hope your belly gets better :-tired
Laura-nice week!!! can't wait for the DVDs after all this hype
Christina-hope your toddler gets better-good week in spite of that though!
Debra-that's too funny about your spinning instructor
ANYWAY...here's my week
Sunday-had to recover from the wedding the previous night :-tired
Monday-didn't feel like doing much so did Breakthru Dance and core conditioning
Tues-hit 'er hard!!! BodyMax at 0630-that's a record for me
Wed-chased my cousin's 2 and 4 year old sons around a pumpkin patch and cornfield maze-what fun :-jumpy
Thurs-BBA in the am and Imax with CST in the pm
Friday-Cardio Options (it's tougher than you think if you get into it) & SLA
Sat-Step Heaven and UB from Body Max
Sun-power cleaning!!! and went to the movies with my hubby's family-saw Remember the Titans on Friday (excellent-two thumbs way up) and Bring It On today (glad I didn't pay full price, but kinda cute in a cheerleader-y way (and I was a cheerleader for a lotta years)
Went and bought Halloween candy today because my DH saw it in WalMart-think I'm gonna put it in the freezer or SOMEWHERE!!! It's not safe with me around }>
:-jumpy Julie :-jumpy

Rotation burn out!

Less then steller week for me. That's what I get for getting antsy about changing my routine. Plus I seemed to be more hormonally challenged than usualx(.

Monday: CXT Leaner Legs

Tuesday: Yoga Abs for beginners (this was a "I don't really feel like working out workout"):-tired

Wednesday: sport cycle, I had made a commitment to get in 3 spins this week...well, this one was it!

Thursday: CTX power circuit with the back section. Really made myself do this...seeing the writing on the wall and it read "slump":p

Friday: Put everything off in the am and had too many chores in the pm. Hoping to be recharged.

Saturday: A nice bike ride with hubby, his B-day and a gorgeous warm fall day:)...almost too nice to call it a workout.

Sunday: Took the day off still hoping to recharge:-sleepy

Now...I have high hopes for this week. I had planned a super all MAX Cathe week to shake up the end of my CTX rotation. As it stands right now...I woke with a sore throat:-mad...which could explain the mood of last week:-(. I'll see how I do tonight with Circuit MAX and carry on from there.

You guys all look outstanding:)...as usual;-)
Cleda-:* (hold on to that life line...the other end might need a tug!)

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/vf sport banner.jpg

RE: Hey Cleda!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-00 AT 07:32AM (Est)[/font][p]I keep forgetting that an x and a ( make a mad face. So everytime I post and say I've done BM or CM and then put a little thought in there I always get that face!! It's kinda' funny though, because that exactly how I look while doing these workouts;-)!

Sounds like road trip time...

Nanc, sounds like we're both ready for the road trip! :-jumpy I don't know about you, but I always come back freshly motivated. My week was less than inspiring... still struggling with that morning workout thing. I bought a journal -- I think I might need to do more than just mark down my workouts on a calendar. Well, here's my week... hope it doesn't make you fall asleep! ;-)

Monday - 30 min. walk outside
Tuesday - (AM) Step & Intervals w/Chest; (PM) 30 min. walk outside
Wednesday - Nada.
Thursday - 30 min. walk outside
Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Nada.

Lynne
Steppin' Fool for Life

Good week, Christina!

:-jumpy Even with a couple things in there that could have gotten you off track, you stuck with it!

I promise, I promise... I will get in at least two morning workouts this week! No more excuses! ;-)

Lynne
Steppin' Fool for Life

Halloween - annual dilemma

Every year I face the same dilemma, whether to buy candy either my spouse or I like, or get something both dislike (the smart choice). I compromised this year, but my husband is already complaining it isn't enough.

preggers check-in

What energetic weeks from everyone!

Here's mine:

Sun. All Step cardio only

Mon. Full body weights

Tue. Fasting for glucose test so nothing

Wed. Sec. 1 & 2 of PowerMax, but only a little power

Thur. Full body weights

Fri. and Sat. camping and it was not as fun as hoped. I was exhausted :-tired when I got home yesterday, but feeling good again now

My check in!

Hello everybody! Sounds like everyone is doing really well, even when life happens. Way to go!!! I'm just on a roll, eating and exercising are in sync, for once! (I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here what a rarity that can be!) Ok, this was my non-CTX week and the second runs through Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks. Boy, what a difference another time makes! Ok... here it is:

[ul]
[li]Sunday: Bryan Kest Power Yoga #3, ooh, not gonna do that again after Leaner Legs!

[li]Monday: Circuit Max, much better this time. Still tough though!

[li]Tuesday: Happy Hour Hi/Lo I missed Christie, she's so fun!!!

[li]Wednesday: Cardio Kicks Starting to love this, put a lot more ooomph in this time!

[li]Thursday: CIA 9803 with Greg. Hi/Lo, first time through this one and I like his style, followed along without too many major boo-boos. Almost has me willing to try Christie's 9801 hilo again. Almost...

[li]Friday: BodyMax Oh my!!! I did it all, but it took nearly everything I had to make it. Was ok through all the circuits, but when I got to upper body, I was pooped!

[li]Saturday: 30 minutes on the treadmill run/walk. First time I've gone this long, I like it!!!

[/ul]

Well this week will be another CTX week and then the next will include PS, which I haven't done in a long time, we'll see how that goes! ;-) Hope everyone has a grrreat week!

Elizabeth Kelly :)

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading the check ins for awhile but this is my first time posting - hope you don't mind me joining you all!

It seems many of us are suffering from colds etc... :-tired I've got a sore throat but am trying to ignore it, hopefully I can sweat the germs out!

I have to say, Debbie H, I am so envious of your new work out room! We are in the process of remodeling our entire house, which is 36 years old, and right now I have a huge front living room with all the space I need because there's not much in it yet. But soon we will be re-doing the whole room and I will have to start pushing furniture out of the way and worrying about how hard I'm being on the carpet every time I work out. Sigh. It's a Catch 22 - I'm excited to make the improvements but don't want to sacrifice my space. My hubby keeps saying "it's a living room, not a gym". My step is stashed behind the entertainment center and my weights have taken over the broom closet. I did catch a bit of a "break" :-hmmm
though -we are putting a new roof on this weekend so we won't have the cash to start the inside until after the 1st of the year. :) and :-(

I ended my CTX rotation last week and have started my strength rotation, here was my week:

Sun - Circuit Max
Mon - Cardio Kicks
Tues- PS BBA, CTX All Step
Wed - Donna Richardson Donna-Mite (in the mood for the Motown tunes!), PS CST
Thurs- PS SLA
Fri- BBA, CST, Advanced Tae Bo
Sat - rest

This week I'm using MIS instead of PS and will be doing IMAX.

I can only work out in the evenings after work. Every time I try the a.m. I get the most nauseous stomach. Don't understand it. I enjoy these check-ins, they're motivational as well as comforting when you have a not so good week or bizarre eating binges. Have a good week everyone, take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.