CHECKIN--a little early...

RE: my first time at this post

Mon: Body Max
Tue: business trip to Philadelphia, no ex
Wed: business trip to Saginaw, Michigan, no ex
Thurs: Power Max
Fri: Firm Abs, Hips and Thighs
Sat: CIA 8003 Double Crunch (Jennifer Mills)
Sun: (Today) Circuit Max and Precision Yoga and worked my horse and kissed him, too. (It was 30 degrees and sunny in Chicago.)

This is fun...

Thanks Kelly!

Your description is perfect - thank you! This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Oh, and if you come across any other stretching/yoga tapes that you like, please let me (us) know.
Thanks for taking the time to answer :)

Janet

My first time, too!

I have gotten lots of good rotation ideas from this check in post, so I think I'll add my own week in here too!

Mon: MIS plus a combo of 2K02/SportStep (Mindy Mylrea)
Tues: Rest
Wed: MIC both sections
Thur: BodyMax sections 1&2, followed by Great Weighted Workout standing section (1st time trying GWWO, didn't like it much, won't be doing that combo again).
Fri: CTX Kickbox (just cardio)/Cardio Kicks combo
Sat: Rest
Sun: Circuit Max

You're right, Murph, this IS fun! :)
Deb

Everybody's week looks great! You people never cease to amaze me.

Sunday rest
Monday 15 min. stairmaster
Tuesday 30 min. stairmaster
Wednesday 3.5 mile run/walk
Thursday Cardio Kicks
Friday 30 min. stairmaster

That's it. Hope everybody has another great week.

Lisa

RE: Kelly & Aimee

Hi Janet!! How'd you get your Yoga Zone tape so fast?? I'm still waiting on the two I ordered last week!! I can't wait for you to tell me what you think of Ali's tape after you try it!! I love the scenes with the bald eagle. I always feel great after doing this tape, I hope you do too! Hey as soon as I recieve and do my 2 YZ tapes, I 'll tell ya' what I think of them. Until then I'm paitently waiting...............

;-)Aimee

RE: Hey Brad!!

Do you have YZ's power yoga for strength and endurance or intro to power yoga?? I don't have either, but they both interested me and I'd like to get your opinion.

Thanks in advance!!

Aimee

Stickin' with it! :)

This new schedule seems to be working pretty well for me. I've only missed one scheduled workout so far this month! :-jumpy Making Tuesday night "Crock Pot Night" has really helped time-wise. ;-) I can squeeze in a quick workout, then just make quick side dishes to go with dinner.

Monday: Strength - upper body & abs
Tuesday: Cathe's Home Step Workout (a recent eBay purchase -- easy and short, for those quick, less intense days)
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Step Jam (thru end of second step section; did my own cooldown & stretch)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Step Fit
Sunday: Strength - legs & abs

Have a good week everybody!

http://lynnio.homestead.com/files/artwork/newfoolsm.gif

GWW

Deb, I haven't done the standing part of GWW in ages, but I do like the floor work. Actually "like" isn't accurate, I should say I find the floor work very effective for working the lower body & abs. The hamstring work is a killer especially if you have a weighted ball to squeeze.
Debra

RE: CHECKIN--a little late

Wow, California could use some of the energy you guys have. My week:

Mon: Firm Strength; Run w/ dogs 30 min
Tues: Pilates mat class; Cycle 18 miles (rolling - Gorgeous Day w/ great mountain views)
Wed: Spin (emphasis on diaphram breathing)
Thurs: Pilates (wasn't 100% so that's it)
Fri: Voight Firm Arms (skipped abs); Smith Kickboxing
Sat: Cycle 60 miles (flat w/ headwinds)
Sun: nada (ignored Scott Cole & went to see Traffic)

My Pilates instructor is 4 months pregnant. This was the last week she can exercise on her back so she'll be using a demonstrator from now on. It should be great, she'll be walking the room even more.

I'm very excited, my out-of-shape baby sister is once again starting a fitness program. Today she's bringing over Cathe's wedding tape to do the weight workout. Gave it to her a year ago when she got engaged, now she's got six months before the big day. I know this is ultimately up to her, but I sure want to encourage her to stick with this.

Have a great week everyone!
Debra

My house is a wreck because we got new carpeting. We had to move furniture into other available spaces. It was only suppose to be until Friday, but they put the wrong color carpeting in my daughter's room, so her water bed pieces are still in my work out space.

Sunday - walk the dog
Monday 9807 with Cathe's kickbox planks and abs
Tuesday - nothing
Wednesday - firm strength
Thursday - swim 2000 yards
Friday - swim 2000 yards
Saturday - nothing

Not great, but did what I could with the space I had.

Dorothy

You must wear a pick suit and beat a drum...

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-01 AT 04:45PM (Est)[/font][p]...'cause you are the Energizer bunny!! Where do you get your energy? You and Deb H are enough to wear anybody out!!!!!

My week:
Sunday: Bodymax Sec. 1 & 2
Monday: run/walk at the Y...only 20 minutes
Tues: Rest
Wed. Meaner Legs
Thurs: Taebo II
Friday: Powermax (first time) and PS C/S/T
Saturday: Mini-trampoline (240bpm) while I watched the inaugeration stuff on the Fox News channel. PS B/B/A

Next rotation I want to try Stepworks! I have no fear, 'cause NO ONE will be watching, so it don't matter, do it????????;-)

Yesterday I wanted to try Powermax again, but hesitated because I wanted to do legs, too. Sooooo, I just did PM and followed it with whatever leg exercises I would have done with BM.

Trevor, see, IMAX ROCKS!!!! Told you!! It's hard for me not to do it all the time.

RE: My first time, too!

I Love the Mylrea tape--she is too cute. Especially at the end when she chortles about the "wonder bra"....

Okay, I'm finally checking in. I've been busy playing nurse to my DH who had sinus surgery last week. But here I am; loved reading everyone's GREAT workout weeks as usual :).

Here's mine:

Sunday - PS CST; PS BBA; MIC
Monday - PS SLA; IMax
Tuesday - Firm Vol. 2
Wednesday - Cardio Kicks
Thursday - Firm Vol. 6; Firm SBHT; CTX Upper Body Split
Friday - 45 minutes elliptical machine; KV Body Reform Abs & Back
Saturday - Step Works

As I planned, I did manage to rotate a few of my Firm tapes into the mix (and some KV) this past week and I plan on continuing this trend. My Firms appreciate being dusted off :)!

Have a great week everyone,
Lisa

Yikes Lisa!

SLA and IMax in the same day?? Whew!!:-tired My legs hurt thinking about it. Great week for you. Hope your hubby is recovery quickly. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Yikes Lisa!

I was thinking the same thing Debbie!

Lisa you are a brave woman to try that. I don't think I could get through it----let me rephrase that...I KNOW I couldn't get through it. Great work!!!

Kelly

Hey Amy!

>I have power yoga for strength and endurance. I really enjoy this tape; it gets a moderate sweat going. Lisa Bennett is a great instructor. She demystifies yoga in much the same way Sara Ivanhoe does. The only drawbacks is that damn pose(the crow?)where you balance your knees on your triceps, I still haven't mastered that one. And sometimes she can be a bit too chatty, but it's not that big of a deal. I would definitely recommend it.

P.S. I just want to say you are a real inspiration to me. You have such a passion for working out! How long ago did you begin? And what is bodypump like? Can it be as challenging as a cathe tape? Thanks talk to you soon.

Hey Amy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-01 AT 08:16AM (Est)[/font][p]my message got posted three times! oops

Hey Amy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-24-01 AT 08:17AM (Est)[/font][p]Taking this one out too

RE: Yikes Lisa!

Hey Debbie and Kelly,

You're right, I think I bit off more than I could chew. I was sore for two days after that workout. I won't be trying that again any time soon ;-).

Talk to you later,
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.