Check-In W/E 2/11/01

Terri1222

Cathlete
Wow...I've never been the first one before...it's so exciting...
:D

My week was okay, could have been better. This one tooth that I'm having the root canal on is still bothering me, so had to run to the dentist AGAIN for drainage on it. What a pain...

Anyway...

Monday: 41 minutes bike, Heavy lifting for chest
Tuesday: Tooth pain, dentist visit. Obviously did NOTHING.
Wednesday: CTX Shoulders, CTX Biceps, CTX Triceps, Abs.
Thursday: Cardio Kicks
Friday: Went to the gym with my husband. Did heavy lifting for chest and back, 40 minutes bike.
Saturday: Ali McGraw Yoga
Sunday: Well, it's only 7 a.m. and I have yet to decide. Nothing too strenuous as we were out late last night at a comedy club - - wish I had more yoga tapes to do cuz that's what I'm in the mood for :-(

Hope everyone has a good week!

Terri

Ouch Terri!! Hope your tooth feels better soon.
My week was good. I was able to get out to the fitness center a few times. This is rare now due to our new addition.
Here's my week:

Mon. -- IMAX
Tues. -- 35 min. of rollerblade sprints
Wed. -- nada
Thurs. -- nada
Fri.-- went to the fitness center and did heavy squats, extensions, and also some shoulder work with dumbbells.
Sat. -- 35 min. on climber at fitness center. upper body weight work.
Sun. -- today is Matthew's birthday so I may not workout. Haven't decided.......:)
I continue doing ab routines everyday also, whether it's with cathe or just a made up routine. I am really feeling good about the abs!!
Unfortunately, next week I start 12 hour days for awhile at work due to some shortages in manufacturing areas. Oh well, it will get me away from my desk........and I get to get dirty also. Those of you who remember some of my muddy trail running and mountain bike workouts know that I LOVE dirt!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Have a great week ladies! You continue to inspire me. Work hard and play hard doing things you love to do and..........be happy and safe!!
Trevor :-jumpy

Hi Fellow Video Fans!

Thanks Terri for starting us off. You had a good week considering. You're right about the dentist. What a pain!! I'd rather go to the OB/GYN then the dentist! Is that sick or what??

Okay, onto my week!

Sunday~Decided to put Yoga For Dummies in since I had some time. Great tape to learn the basics. (Terri~You can pick it up at Best Buy for $6.99)

Monday~BodyMax (1st. time to do this tape since Oct.20th.!!!) I love this tape. It has been hard fitting my circuit tapes and total body tapes in doing the CTX & PS series. Just figured I'd go for it & worry about getting my PS in the rest of the week and I did!!), Taught a Hi/Lo class, Joy of Yoga in the PM. (Aimee, I really liked this tape. I'll tell you what, I was so sore the next day in my waist & back. Thanks for the recommendation!)

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo with lite toning & Abs & 1 kickbox rotuine, went to an instructor friend's Hi/Lo class in the evening since my DH was out of town.

Wednesday~CS&T, IMax, 16 step-ups & 16 step-downs on my 14" stool with 10 pound dumbbells. (just decided to throw that in for good measure. (HOPEFULLY, a smaller measurement!Hee-Hee!)

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning, Abs & Kickbox.

Friday~SL&A, MegaStepBlast (months & months since I had done this tape! I LOVE it! I have missed my oldies since getting the CTX series. It felt good to throw some old stuff in this week), 10 Minutes jogging on treadmill & 10 Minutes on stairstepper in THR zone, 32 crunches on balance ball, then FINALLY CoolDown from MSB!!! (Whew, it hurt sooo good!:-tired)

Saturday~BB&A's, included spinal erector work which I need. I am getting much more flexible in my back since adding the back work in from the CTX workouts., StepFit~My VERY 1st. time to open this tape. HoneyBunch~It is awesome. I actually didn't look too bad trying to get the steps down. IT is soooo fun. I love the flying angels!! I had a problem doing the repeater pivot, but I'll get it! I'll bring it next Friday for you to try it out!, jogged 15 minutes and power walked 2 minutes, stair stepper 10 minutes and cooldown to StepFit. I love my days off for looong workouts.

Well, that's it folks UNLESS I decide to do a Yoga tape later today. Aimme, I forgot to tell you~I was high bidder on the Ali MacGraw tape over at E-bay and I should be receiving it any day. I can't wait to try it. Have a great week everyone. I need to get moving here or we'll never get to church on time.. (NOT that we are EVER on time!!) "See" you all around. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hey Trevor!

You always beat me on being the FASTER TYPER!! Great week for you! Enjoy Matthew's big day with him and have fun getting DIRTY this week. I'm sure since Spring is just around the corner you will be getting into lots of DIRT! Good job on working those ABS daily. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: Hi Fellow Video Fans!

Debbie:
First, I have to tell you that you will LOVE Ali McGraw's yoga tape. It's like a spiritual experience...I just can't explain it.

Second, I agree, I'd MUCH rather see my ob-gym than the dentist!!! (So I'm as "sick" as you!)

And third, you mentioned Yoga for Dummies at Best Buy for $6.99...Is that "Buy.com"? Cuz if it is, I'm there!

Terri

Wow...I'm posting early!

I've been late lately;-).

Terri, hope all goes well with your tooth!

Trevor, are you rollerblading outside...you lucky dog! My streets are covered in sand till...probably May:-rollen

Debbie..too bad you can't convince where you teach to get spin bikes...you could teach it and not have to buy one!

Well, here's my week

Monday: Snow day:O)…1/2 day at work and I came early to do PS legs but stopped after calves and jumped on Bike to do Precision Cycling…legs were pretty beat so the last section of the tape…the pack left me behind and I took a more recreational ride to the finish;-)

Tuesday: Workout buddy came over and she felt not up to par so we opted for a shorter workout and went with Step Heat..ahhhh..the birth of the Power 7’s.

Wednesday: Rest Day (had planned on PS strength in PM after work but DH had VCR set up for his shows..and I wan’t messing with that…yikes, leave it to me to leave PS CST in there and not have West Wing get taped! LOL) I put off PS for the next morning....HA!

Thursday: only to find DH up watching his taped show from the night before! He’s on a funny shift and since we don’t see each other he decided to stay up (gets home at 2:30am) till I woke up at 4:15. It was nice to see him...put I had to send him off to bed at 5 so I could have my workout time;O). Squeezed in a modified PS CST due to shortened time. 2 sets(shortened reps) only for each and went extra heavy on the last set. Pleasently surprised with how I felt the next day. KB class in the PM as well. Really need to get back to that class. I was never the best at adding abs at the end of my routines and KB seemed to fill the ab workout void...kinda without even knowing you were working your abs.

Friday: Still figuring I need to work abs..but not into an all out workout so I did All Abs from the Xpress DVD...finished with the stretch off of the KB workout.

Saturday: Headed back to AM KB class for which they have added an extreme class after the regular one. Took both and realized how out of KB shape I am. Haven’t really given it any serious attention since before the holidays and can see it in my endurance and form. The evil little instructor, Olinda, saw that and thought it was pretty funny too;-)...she did not take pitty on me LOL

Sunday: Well, had planned on doing a strength workout today, but not sure any muscle is un-sore enough after KB yesterday;-)...so, since the week was so discombobulated..I’ll just not worry about it today and maybe do my new Tamilee Total Body Stetch and maybe an afternoon cardio.

Oh, I can feel sping approaching...come on heat! The rebirth of new activities:7...my little winter chick is just itching to take off that scarf and mufflers.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/naconfer/images/winterchickvfnutgif.jpg

Terri--hope that tooth doesn't give you anymore trouble until you get the root canal.

Trevor--have fun playing with your son! Hey, I think the meaning of the name Trevor should be changed to "big, vibrant personality." We were having a discussion about my brother this week and then I saw this kid being called Trevor in the grocery store, there's also this guy I know from Australia. I have never met a Trevor that didn't leave quite an impression.

Debbie--I'm more motivated to keep with my spinal erector work since you've noticed increased flexibility. Thanks for sharing!

SUNDAY: snowshoeing

MONDAY: rest

TUESDAY: Cardio Kicks Warm-up, MIS Upper Body

WEDNESDAY: Step & Intervals warm-up & sec. 1, 10-10-10 step, Kickbox arm drills, knee tucks and in & out rolls on ball

THURSDAY: walked to office; planned to do MIS after I got home but got an upsetting phone call and just couldn't find the energy

FRIDAY: 6 miles hiking at work -- we were training new high school counselors and did three miles of fifth-grade program hiking at a normal pace in one day -- my kind of day! :9

SATURDAY: had planned to go snowshoeing but got back from work at 11pm Friday night so it was a rest day -- cold kicking in (third week in a row the fifth-graders have given me a 'gift')

I was going to go snowshoeing today, but I think I'll stay in and baby my poor sinuses and try to make up the MIS workout I missed. Might do some of that Step & Intervals step -- love the first tune! It's very inspirational, like some of the FIRM music that I like. Sometimes I think I do the FIRM only because I just can't take one more day of Dynamix.

Have a good week, everybody!

:) Gretchen

Hi everyone! My week was a little better but still not having much energy. Can't figure it out! Sounds like everyone is doing well and that's great!!!! Here's mine:

MONDAY: PS-BBA

TUESDAY: Stepfit

WEDNESDAY: PS-CST AND Pure & Simple Stretch

THURSDAY: Step Heaven, 1st and 1/2 of 2nd sections

FRIDAY: PS-SLA

SATURDAY: Stepworks, 1st and 2nd sections

SUNDAY: REST

This was my first time through Pure & Simple Stretch and my first Karen V video. Does she lack personality in just this tape or is that how she is always? Pardon me, any Karen fans. I'm just use to Cathe being so....great! I loved the tape, it just seems she was a little...I don't know the word.

Look forward to reading everyone's weeks! Have a great one!

Kelly

RE: Hey Trevor!

Hey there Debbie!
I type using the "hunt and peck method"! I've gotten pretty quick with it though. :)
By the way.......thanks for posting in the guestbook where the baby pics are located on the webshots website. That was very sweet of you! :)
I hope you have a super week.
Trevor

RE: Hi Fellow Video Fans!

Great week Deb! You continue to amaze me!
Trevor :)

RE: Wow...I'm posting early!

Hi Nancy! Another kick ass week for you!
I hope spring and summer get here quick for you......I know you thrive on the warm weather.
Yeah, I have been blading outside. There are some rocks and things to watch for but not much else.....certainly not much sand. We never get the amounts of snow that you all further north get. They must use sand where you are for traction?
My wife is a West Wing fan also so I know where you are coming from. :)
Of all the activities you do, what's your fave?
Take care and have a great week!
Trevor :)

Hi Gretchen!
You know I am jealous of you! You live in an awesome state(Colorado right?) for outdoor activities. I would love snowshoeing I think. :)
It's interesting that you know a few Trevors. I never knew one growing up. The name seems more popular these days I think. Maybe we will meet one day....who knows. In that case the pressure's really on me to keep up the "lasting impression" streak huh? ;-)
Have a good one.
Trevor

Hi Kelly!
Gosh you had a great week girl! No energy?!! You're kidding right! :)
Trevor

Hi Terri, I just did a big sigh. I had most of my post fininished and I went back to lood at a post and "poof" it was gone. :-( So here goes again.

Terri - Great week with the tooth problems. I have had a lot of dental work in my lifetime and I feel for you. It is not fun.

Trevor - Good luck on the new work schedule. I used to be a tax accountant and remember those long days the first quarter of the year. Happy Birthday to Matthew. My oldest just turned 13 this last month along with many of his friends. Four families got together and rented a dome for a big Birthday Bash for them. Instead of gifts the guests helped pay for the rent. Thay hit golf balls, played softball (baseball seemed too dangerous) and
"touch" football. Such energy those teenagers have. I think they finally crashed around 5:00 a.m. A party he will always remeber and the last big one like that. Sorry to be so wordy but your birthday wish reminded me of it.

I too have been working on my abs but I think I am hitting a plateau. Have any ideas?

Debbie - I still amazed how you can do so many workouts in one day. :) I think getting my one early in the morning is an accomplishment. Great week.

Gretchen- Just read your bio. All I can say is "WOW" :). What a neat job or should I say ministry you have !! Sounds like stressful but rewarding work.

Nancy - I too got Step Heat out a couple of weeks ago. I always wondered where the Power 7's came from. They sure seem harder and more powerful in ghe new tapes. Great week.

Kelly - You seemed to have some energy. Keep it up. :-jumpy

I hope I didn't forget anyone. I dare not try to go back and look for fear of losing the post again.

We had a pretty healthy household this week. Just the yucky cough. The kids had two more snow days this week. Looks like we will be adding on some days this year to make up for them. :-( Here's my week:

Mon - MIS
Tues. - Cathe's treadmill workout with abs
Wed. - MIC with abs
Thur. - MIS
Fri. - Warmup and cardio from All Step and WU, cardio, and abs
from Kickbox.
SAt. - Bodymax

Have a great week everyone!

Just saying hi

I haven't started working out again yet, but I still read the check-in to keep motivated.

Terri-I have only been to the dentist once in my life to have my teeth cleaned and I absolutely hated it! My OB/GYN is great so I'll go see him anyday!

Trevor-I often think of you working out and having a new baby and being tired. If you can do it, I can...right?!

DebbieH-belated congrats on seeing your grandbaby. I was just putting Jacob's ultrasound pics in the baby book yesterday and remembering how neat it was to see him for the first time.

I did do a tiny workout from a Fit Pregnancy mag that is for 2-4 weeks postpartum. Wasn't that fun though. I am starting to worry how I am going to fit in workouts now. If I can't do it in the morning, I just don't seem to do it. I'm sure I'll figure something out. Jacob is now fighting sleep unless I nurse him for a few minutes. But sleeping for 4 hours at a time!:)

Have a great week everyone! Thanks for keeping me in workout mode.

Andrea

Cathe's treadmill workout

Holy cow! I can't imagine ever doing it. It seems deadly. Great job!

Andrea

Very short check-in this week

Wow! Everyone is doing great!! My week wasn't so terrific:

Monday - Friday: Zip, zilch, nadda, unless you count sneezing and coughing as abs work. :-( After making it through most of the winter healthy, I spent the week mostly on the couch or in bed. A couple of times I was tempted to try to work out ( What can I say? We addicts have these moments of temporary insanity! ;-) ) but finding myself needing to sit down after changing my clothes convinced me I wasn't ready yet. :) These viruses really sap the ol' energy, don't they?

Saturday: brisk 40 minute walk on the treadmill. I varied it some by doing uphill, but not much of that. It felt good to just get my blood moving. I finished up with some abs and lower back work on the balance ball.

Sunday: The plan is Firm Total Body Shaping Mix. I need to ease back into some weights.

On a positive note, on Friday, when I was at that "too sick to do much, but going crazy on the couch" phase, I discovered that bagels aren't hard to make at all ( especially since I could have my bread machine do the mixing and kneading ), fun for the kids to help with, and VERY YUMMY fresh from the oven! I think my family is addicted. We may never go back to store bagels again! :) These are much healthier anyway, since I made them with whole wheat flour.

Have a great week, everyone! Keep up the good work! :)

Erin

Hi everyone!

Looks like most of youhad a good week.

Terri - Sorry about your tooth pain. I know when I have a pain like that I get claustrophobic - like I can't escape. Hope things get better soon.

Erin - glad you are feeling a little better.

Andrea - 4 hours of sleep at a time is really good. I'll bet you are thrilled. I love the name Jacob.

My pick between the dentist and gyn is the dentist!! I have a terrific, funny, laid back dentist who I adore. He makes it as pleasant as possible to be there.

Trevor and Nancy - mentioning rollerblades makes me nervous. I don't think I'll ever get on skates or blades again. My husband (not a skater) keeps teasing me that we are not meant to have wheels under our feet.

My week was boring again - I alternated between the stairstepper and the exercise bike every day for about an hour. Also, I did floor work every other day and abs most days. Tried to run one day - I made it around our cul-de-sac and back home - 3 minutes. Saw the ortho and he said no barbell and/or dumbbells for at least another month and I have to start back slowly to protect my wrist.

Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Erica

RE: Very short check-in this week

Hi everyone!

Awesome weeks - I'm tired just reading some of them! Need to make this a quick post, have tickets to see Smokey Robinson this evening - I just love that old Motown stuff!

S - BMX
M - Bryan Kest Power Yoga 2
T - MIS LB & abs and 10 10 10 cardio only
W - MIS UB & abs & MIC step only
Th - Tae Bo Advanced Live (have decided I like studio verision better)
Fri - unplanned rest (supposed to do yoga)
Sat - marathon housecleaning, car washing, raked leaves and picked up all the oranges and grapefruit falling from my trees, 1000 lbs of laundry and finally BMX step & circuit leg work. The circuit leg work was pretty lame cuz I was exhausted.

Today I just finished BMX UB & abs. I like this tape much better when I don't do it all at once - guess I'm a wimp! :)

So much for a quick post ;-) Anyway, hope you all have great workout weeks and more importantly HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Hope those of you with sweeties do something romantic :* and those of you who are single have fun with friends!

Lorrie

RE: Very short check-in this week

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-01 AT 04:15PM (Est)[/font][p]
oops - double post!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.