CHECK-IN for week of April 23rd-April30th!

DebbieH

Cathlete
Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me posting now. I have a 25th. anniversary party tonight plus a baby shower tomorrow. Is everyone enjoying the weather? We have a beautiful sunny day in Ohio. I am lovin' it! Here's my week:

Monday~Leaner LEGS (w/ABS), CTX-BACK, 10 minute spin, Taught a Hi/Lo

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with light toning & ABS, CTX-CHEST & SHOULDERS (My 10 & 11 year old niece & nephew joined me! They were too funny but loved feeling STRONG!!)

Wednesday~Spin w/Jay-45 minutes, CTX-TRICEPS & BICEPS, once again my niece & nephew joined me. They took turns on our my hubby's spin bike! :7 You'd have to see it to appreciate it!!

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with light toning & ABS

Friday~IMax!! Got thru all the power scissors AGAIN!!

Saturday~BodyMax, 32 step-ups and step-downs on each leg with a 14" step! This was AFTER doing the static lunges of 24 on each leg! :-tired Thank goodness for my HR monitor. I was thinking it might explode!! Cinza-I took a water break & breather into between the two sets!!

Sunday! Rest!! It felt soooo good to add back in the UB work! I am starting off easy with lower weight(Thanks Lynn!!) and will be icing just to make sure this elbow doesn't have a set back. So far, so good. Today is my Mom's birthday! She would have been 66!! Miss her bunches! I am going to a baby shower for a close friend. This will be my 4th. baby shower in a month!!! Have a great weekend everyone. I'll see you at midnight on the 1st!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hey, Debbie :)
so glad your elbow is back in action--don't you feel so complete and balanced? I am looking forward to feeling that sense of balance again!!
This was the 2nd week of my 6 week knee recovery rotation. My knee is feeling MUCH better (yay!), but I am going to stick with this rotation for another 4 weeks. I feel lopsided and frustrated not going all out on my cardio, and am worried about never being able to do any step again :-( :-(
Debbie--I'm about to do a search to see what kind of spinning bikes you got. If I can't find it, I may be back to question you. I am not a good bike rider (always afraid of falling), so Lee suggested a stationary bike for building up the quads and getting my heart rate up more...
Here is my week:

MONDAY: CTX BACK and BIS, Step and Strike (Gay Gasper), PSLA hams, calves and floor work, plus some tubing work

TUESDAY: rest (dinner with Lee's boss)

WEDNESDAY: PSCST wu, CTX CHEST SHOULDERS AND TRIS

THURSDAY: Buns of Steel + tubing stuff

FRIDAY: 60 minutes of Stepworks, no step, low impact (I miss this one!)

SATURDAY: CTX upper body split + Legs stuff

SUNDAY: 40+ minuets of cardio (????)

Sorry so long!
Wendy

I didn't expect too much out of this week as ever since I had oral surgery, my immune system just doesn't want to kick back in high gear....Therefore, my workouts have been fairly "gentle"...

Monday: MIS Legs/Abs
Tuesday: MIS Back/MIS Shoulders/MIS Biceps/MIS Triceps/Abs
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Cardio Day - All Step + Step&Intervals/30 minutes Yoga Zone tape
Friday: IBS acted up really bad, ended up in the emergency room from the pain.
Saturday: Still fairly week from the day before, PLUS to top it all off also got my period! But I managed to do SOMETHING! CTX Chest/CTX Shoulders/CTX Triceps

Debbie: Glad to hear you're doing upper body work once again!

Wendy: How do you like that tubing stuff? I just got Spri's catalog in the mail and was looking through it....

Have a good week everyone!

Terri

i am busy making my step today .. its way more fun than buying one....(if it turns out!)
then I will catch up with you....
looking at your workout schedule made me go get a nice cool drink of water too!

indoor cycling

Wendy, do you already own a bike? A relatively cheap option is to put a regular bike on a "wind trainer" which essentially turns your bike into a stationary bike. It's not as stable as a spinning bike but on the other hand one can easily set it up & take it down. A spinning bike is heavy & large so it will have a permanent spot in whatever room you put it in. Both options are very loud so whatever tape/music/tv show you watch while you cycle will be on high volume.

I'm glad your knee is doing better. Please stay patient.
Debra

Hello fellow exercisers!

I started out this week "fairly" easy after being sick last week. It was good to feel normal (whatever that is) again! I really enjoyed my workouts but I only worked out 4 times this week. That's okay. I start a new rotation next week and that always energizes me and renews my interest.

MONDAY: Step Heaven (section 1) and Pure and Simple Stretch

TUESDAY: Urban Training (no abs):-(

WEDNESDAY: Get in shape for your wedding (the whole thing) I was surprisingly sore the next day. First time to do this video and I liked it.

THURSDAY: Cardio Parties (step) First time with Franny and I think I am going to like her.

FRIDAY: Closed on land we were buying. YEA!!!!!!!! I was just too nervous to exercise or even eat (can you imagine that?) After the closing my husband and I went out to eat and I really pigged out. It was wonderful!

SATURDAY: I had planned to work out but just never got around to it and felt a little tired anyway. That's okay! It was probably all the excitement of spending big bucks on Friday. We hope to start building our house in about a year. YEA AGAIN!!!

Hope everyone else has had a great week!!!!

Kelly

Checking -in

I'm done for the week too. Saw a sports medicine doc this week & I have a muscular inbalance (called something fasciitis) so my knee cap doesn't "track" right. I have a torn ACL (from several years ago) & he seemed skeptical that there's still 50+ % intact. The good news is that I can take care of the knee problem with a strengthening program & that even now I can do anything that doesn't hurt (along w/icing & anti-inflammatories). I'm a bit bummed about the ACL as I hope to avoid surgery & now it feels like a little time bomb.

I don't see a Physical Therapist for another 2 weeks. Aren't HMO's great? So I'm going to do my own program. Less cycling & more weight work. What a waste of spring!

Mon: Firm Cardio w/ sis
Tue: Cycle 14 miles: Stott int mat work
Wed: Spinning; Firm Strength w/ sis
Thu: Pilates training session
Fri: BodyMax upper body & abs; Kathy Smith lower body (bodyweight)
Sat: Cycle 48 miles w/DH (My husband met his fantasy woman on PCH today. A striking blond about our age, great physique, & on a very nice bike. We were stopped at a light together & she rode away from us effortlessly when the light turned. I think only thing my husband would have enjoyed more would be Cheryl Tiegs pulling up in a red convertible, & wearing the fishnet swimsuit!)
Sun: Millenium Stretch

Forgive the mega post (again). I've been doing 2 total body workouts w/ my sister each week as part of her personal "Get in Shape for the Wedding". She's progressed from the Wedding Tape to Firm workouts. This week we did Firm Cardio & Strength. She hated Firm Cardio when we tried it a month ago. She just wasn't ready but she loved it this time. It was quite a motivating week for her!

Have a great week everyone!
Debra

RE: Checking -in

Hi Debbie, sounds like you had an awesome week workout-wise. I want you to know you are my ideal! Nothing much seems to stop you from doing your workouts & enjoying it. Hi to everyone, you were all so nice to me when I came on the forum for the first time a few weeks ago, & I have missed reading your letters. We've had 2 family emergencies, one right after the other, which has kept me away from just about everything. The 2nd thing was my sweet Diana (Great Dane) got hit by a car. We were so frightened & overwhelmed. The good news is she has survived & is a little bit better each day! Thank God. Needless to say, however, I have not been working out much at all, so now have to basically ***sigh*** start over again. Just when I was doing so well! I actually felt muscles developing in my butt! Well, I hope everyone here is doing okay, I can see there have been some problems for other people here. Thanks for all your encouragement, because even if it's not directed to me personally, I still hear it! Ruth

RE: Checking -in

Hi everyone!!! Hope your all's week has been well. Mine hasn't been too bad. Baseball season getting into high gear and I'm loving it!! Pretty goo week I guess, had to give my two weeks notice to my boss at the club so I can focus on being a coach. In the fall, I will go back to teaching my classes. I'll miss it.Ok, onto my week!!

MON: PS BBA and CTX 10-10-10

TUES: Intense Moves, but kept it very low intensity. I was tired that day!

WED: Urban Rebounding, BodyPump, and walk at 4.0mph for 30min

THURS: StepHeat

FRI: PS SLA and biked to and from a t-ball game I had to umpire. Only about 2 or 3 miles, but after SLA it was kinda' tough!!

SAT: PS CST and BodyMax (cardio only) walked to and from parade. About a mile.

SUN: YOGA!!!!

Ok, that's my week. Short and sweet, but hey, I'm having fun doing it!! Have a good week everybody!! Over and out!

Aimee

Hey Wendy!

Let me try this again. I posted a message to you and lost it!! Grrrr! I can relate with you on the "sense of balance"! Hang in there and take good care of yourself. It will pay off. You need to get yourself all better for the new vids coming out! It sounds like you are doing well. My knees also bothered me at first A LOT when I started step, but once I started listening to my body and rotating different types of workouts, it got better and I have had NO trouble since. Hang in there.

We have the Schwinn Comp bikes. I love mine! It is great. It's funny you should mention being afraid of falling on an outdoor bike. I have the same fear with our mountain bikes. Not that we are dare devils by any means. I just have a fear of hitting a hole or some rocks the wrong way. I can see myself going in to teach my classes all bang up. I know you can get on the Schwinn website and pull up pix of the three different models they carry. Let me know if you need more info. I have misplaced my catalogue. It's around here somewhere. I was going to try to go to their site right now but I'm afarid I'll lose this post again! Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks Terri!

Your week looked great considering all the set backs you had. Good job! Take care of yourself. Honeybunch can give you lots of info on the spri tubing. She uses several of the pieces of equipment. Sending healthy vibes your way!

Hi Ruth!

Thank you for the wonderful compliment! I do enjoy working out. Always have and hopefully, always will! so sorry to hear of your emergencies this past week. I am happy to hear that Diana is doing better. Hope you can get back into your routine again . Want to join Cinza & me for the "STEP UP CHALLENGE"? It is the "bottoms up" thread if intersted. Thinking of you and hope all is well.

Hello

Hi Everyone,

Once again this is a quickie. Just got in from work. Out here it is 9:15 pm on the East Coast I believe it is 4 hours later to the folks out East.

OK... Here it goes!

Tomorrow is Sunday..Off! That means we hang out with the boys, help out with Jr. High at our church and then go on a date!!!

My husband (Who looks like Chuck Norris) want to go see a good guy, bad guy movie. Me.. I want Shushi!!! YUM!!!

MON: MIC...KEY opps! No just MIC. Yoga Brian Kest Power Yoga.
TUES: Cardio Kicks
WENS: CTX...All Step. Brian Kest Power Yoga
THURS: CTX. 10-10-10. MIC legs only.
FRI: Kickbox
SAT: CTX. Leaner Legs. I now know what it means to live
through the pain.

Hope you are all doing well. I will read the post this Sunday. I REALLY and SINCERELY appreciate all of you. There is no other site like this.

Your "The Best Of THe Best"!!!

See Ya!
Laura

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-01 AT 01:03AM (Est)[/font][p]I hear everybody on the fear of taking a bad tumble on the bike. My husband broke his collarbone a year ago riding home from work. He's fine, but it sure spooked me. Can't just do spinning classes to train for the triathlon, though.

Pretty lousy week healthwise.

Monday: run/walk (5:00/2:30 — 4 cycles) on treadmill, upper body circuit at gym (was embarrassed when one of the trainers walked over and explained that one should kneel, not sit on the assisted dip machine --- oops! :-rollen )

Tuesday: 3.5 mile hike with fifth-graders, had bad abdominal adhesion pain by late afternoon

Wednesday: introductory session with personal trainer at gym, bad painkiller hangover

Thursday: I think I'm getting a really bad cold, but had a lot to get done for jobs 2 & 3

Friday: is this the flu? really important staff meeting at job no. 1, though

Saturday: ok, just a cold, but it's nasty, and I was in charge of camp volunteer orientation today for job no. 2

Sunday: nothing scheduled!!! have a little planning to do for job no. 1 but will otherwise nap, stretch, and go for a gentle walk

My session on Wednesday was pretty discouraging. Found out I have lousy form on the machines (ok, but I knew that) and wasn't too happy to find out my body fat percentage (ok, so I'll write that off to fat-caliper-user error). For the time being, I think I'll mostly use my new 24 Hour Fitness membership for swimming, spinning, and the occasional treadmill run, and go back to using Cathe for strength training. I miss her and her 'daily' words of encouragement. :*

:) Gretchen

MIC...

...KEY-MOUSEEEEE!!! Sorry, couldn't resist! You better hide your hubby. HoneyBunch is in LOVE with Chuck Norris! Have fun on your date tonight, Laura!

RE: MIC...

Her husband is safe 'cause they live in Oregon. I will for the time being gaze at my Chuck Norris action figures and watch him on the USA network reruns of Walker Texas Ranger, which I hope will go on forever!:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

By the way, I went to my first for-real martial arts class yesterday.....I did surprisingly well for someone who had never taken classes. All that Taebo was worthwhile! I just need to learn their patterns of blocking and so forth. It was fun, and it's a good workout. I can really feel it in my posterior and hamstrings. The class was 2 hours long! I get a month's free lessons from a guy at our church. It was fun, but humbling at the same time.

Debbie!

Alright, so I had myself psyched to get something new, and I was convinced this would be the new thing for me, Lee was willing to spend more money on my "little fitness hobbey", and then we went looking...
I know spinning bikes are different than regular exercise bikes, but I went to an exercise equipment store yesterday just to try some bikes out for the feel of it. I WANT to like it, I WANT to convince myself that I would do it, but when it comes down to it, I don't LIKE riding bikes of any kind. :-( I even tried recumbent bikes--much more comfortable, but still, its just not me. Does that make sense. Sitting there, I just knew I wouldn't use a piece of equipment. I just WANT to want to! But I realise that what I like about working out is the choreography/danci-ness of aerobics and kickboxing. I can also deal with walking if I'm outside, because of the changing scenery (never liked walking inside when it was raining back in North Carolina--don't really have to deal with rain in Phoenix!).
So, (after all that!) I'm not going to become a spinner :-(
Something else that made me feel a bit better yesterday, was that I recalculated my 60-85% heart rate, and figure that I'm actually more within my range now that I'm doing lower impact and not using a step (I was feeling like I wasn't getting much of a workout--I think I may actually have been working too hard for the past several years!)
So, Debbie, thank you for the info, and I'm glad you love spinning (it was your enthusiasm for it that made me want to do it!) And now it's a lot easier to convince Lee that I have to have all the new DVD's , because it's so much cheaper than a bike!!
Wendy :) :) :)

Hi, Terri

Sorry to hear about your emergency room trip, but you seem to have bounced back :)
As for the spri tubing:
I think I need a book with more ideas--they came with little pamphlet things, but I really want ideas for the glutes and the
QUADS, and there are only one or two shown...
The tubing itself seems great, and there are lots of things you can do with them for upper body as well. I thought the price for the set I got was definitely worth it ($25 or less for four tubes and a door attachment). The middle thing on my ultra toner was broken when I got it, and they haven't gotten back to me about it, but I will email them today (have only called so far).
Wendy

I'm outta here soon...

...but wanted to do a quick check-in. I did read through all of your check-ins...and as usual, you all inspire me in many different ways.

As I mentioned last week, we are MOVING again. This time to New Mexico...we plan on leaving Tuesday morning for the multi-day journey (but at least we're not attempting it in the winter this time ;-)). So, it seems I will be taking a 1-2 week rest (whether I want to or not) of sitting in the cab of a U-Haul x(...Yuck...but it's the only way. I will hopefully be back in touch sometime in May.

Here's my last week of checking in, in Alaska:

Sunday - IMax; PS CST; PS BBA
Monday - Harold Sanco's Urban Training (this was my first time through this one...it will take some practice but I had fun :))
Tuesday - combo of w/u and circuits (with heavy, for me, weights on leg work) from Power Circuit + cardio from SNI in AM; CTX Upper Body Split in PM
Wednesday - Step Jam
Thursday - Firm Power Cardio in AM; Firm Maximum Body Shaping in PM (two more new workouts for me :))
Friday - 45 minutes elliptical machine
Saturday - Cardio Kicks; Grace Lazenby's All the Right Moves (this was a new tape for me and I am surprisingly sore today!)

I tried to go all out this last week in preparation for sitting on my rear all next week :-(!

I'll miss reading the forum...talk to you all LATER!

Lisa :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.