Check-in 2/03/2001 a little early

LynnW

Cathlete
I just finished my workout for the week and am heading off for a mini-retreat until tomorrow night so I thought I would check in now.

Hope everyone had a motivating and energetic week! Our family is dealing with a yucky virus this week. Two of my kids were sick and home from school all week. The youngest came down with it last night so I guess it's three down two more to go! I am determined not to get it and so is my husband. Positive thinking can do wonders (I hope) :)

I look forward to reading everyones posts when I get back. I can hardly believing I am leaving with sick kids but the hubby can handle it - such a sweetheart. :D

Here's my week:

Monday - Interval Max with a CTX abs section
Tuesday - PS shoulder/Triceps with 30 min cardio
Wednesday - Treadmill workout - Cathe's
Thursday - PS back and biceps with cardio from 10-10-10
Friday - PS legs with abs
Saturday - Cardio kicks with abs from Kickbox

Nothing to report this week for exercise because I was on an exercise vacation....I give myself one week off after working out six weeks. It worked out well, 'cause I came down with a nasty cold :-(and wouldn't have felt like working out anyway. I'm going to start back tomorrow after eight days off. I'm still tired today, so I'm going to veg another day.

I WILL check in with some eating tricks I've been trying. I've been wanting to get off 5lbs. for awhile, and thought I'd tweaked my diet as much as I could without letting myself get too hungry. I started adding fiber every day in the form of beans, and substituted popcorn in the evening instead of my usual chocolate pudding. Now I mean whole bag of Orrville Reddenbacher's (I suppose I've butchered the spelling) Smart Pop, not just a little bit, but it's still only 225 calories. What I've done is shave about 120 calories off my usual count, and upped my fiber intake. I'd heard that for every gram of fiber you eat, you won't absorb 7 calories as a result. The fiber kind of acts like a sponge of sorts.

Actually, I knew this for a long time, like back in the early eighties when they came out with the "F Plan" diet. Increasing your fiber intake is a very painless way to retool your diet. There is an article about this in the newest issue of Fitness.
Even without exercising this week, my weight got done to the low end of my usual weight pattern.

I also plan to add a tiny bit more leg work in the form of leg extensions and inner thigh lifts with my favorite Spri Product's tubing in addition to Lean Legs and the leg work in BodyMax or Circuit Max. I want Cathe legs, and this seems to be the way to do it for me. I have to work VERY hard on my legs.

That's enough B.S.-ing for me today. Tomorrow I start back with Circuit Max (Leg work with the weights) and the upper body weight work from BodyMax.

Man, something sure is going around!! Sorry to hear about your all's sickness this week!! What a bumer! Well, today is my last day on the PS rotation that I have been on since the start of Dec. On Mon, I'm going to start a CTX rotation. I haven't exercised yet, but I will be doing PS SLA here in a little bit. Ok, so here is my week.

MON: YOGA, PS CST, and Cardio Kicks

TUES: YOGA, and StepFit

WED: YOGA, walk for 30min, Urban Rebounding for 30min, and BodyPump

THUS: YOGA, and StepHeat

FRI: YOGA, PS BBA, and Kickbox

SAT: YOGA and PS SLA

SUN: YOGA and nothing else!!

Ok, that's my week!! HB, I'm going to incorpate those suggestions of your on fiber as I have gained a couple of pounds, and I KNOW it's because i have severly slacked off on my eating! That's ok, I'll get back on track!! Have a good week everyone!!!

Aimee

Hi everyone

I am trying really hard to not be depressed with my injuries. Really, really hard. The worst part is that I am well enough to do boring things - most housework, laundy, shopping, cooking, etc - but I can't do the active things that I enjoy. No fair!

Lynn - hope you have a great weekend! You are going to need that retreat after dealing with sick kids all week.

Honeybunch - sorry to hear about your cold! Glad you are starting to feel better.

Aimee - Hope you have lots of fun starting a new rotation!!

My week was BORING:

Monday: Exercise bike - 50 mins
Tuesday: Exercise bike - 50 mins.
Wednesday: Couldn't take the exercise bike again, so tried to slide, but it hurt my tailbone. Tried my stepper and that worked, so I did it for 50 mins. Did PS legs floorwork from memory while I watched tv, plus standing calf work.
Thursday: Tried walking, but it hurt my tailbone. Did the stepper for 50 mins.
Friday: exercise bike - 50 mins. Did parts of SBHT - no table work
Saturday: stairstepper - 50 mins., Bodymax abs
Sunday: planning on bike or stairstepper, plus parts of Lower Body Sculpting

Hope everyone has a great week.
Erica

RE: Hi everyone

Sorry everyone is having problems with colds and flu. It hasn't hit my family but it is definitely going around. My week was kind of a "life gets in the way" kind of week. Time was limited and stuff just happened but I still got my 6 days of workouts in but had to shorten a few. Oh well, it's good to have shorter cardio workouts, I guess...isn't it? Had a migraine nearly every day this week in varying degrees and my son decided he didn't want to take a nap yesterday. Oh boy! I worked out while he was up but a 2-year-old just doesn't understand that it's going to hurt if he gets boinked in the head with a 15 lb dumbell, LOL. I really had to watch what I was doing.

Anyway, here it is:

MONDAY: PS-BBA

TUESDAY: Hi/Lo Heaven 1st section

WEDNESDAY: PS-CST

THURSDAY: Hi/Lo Heaven 1st section

FRIDAY: PS-SLA--minus the abs

SATURDAY: Hi/Lo Heaven 1st section I was going to add the abs that I didn't do yesterday but actually forgot!

I was determined to get that first section almost perfect this week. I am glad to say that I messed up very few times today. Well, I didn't really feel like I had a good week this week because it was so hard to concentrate with life happening all around me and time being short. I guess enough complaining, huh?

Hope everyone else had a great week and I look forward to a great week next week!

Kelly

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Hi everyone! Hope your weekend is filled with some fun things to do.

Lynn~Thanks for starting us off. Have a great time at your retreat and I'll be sending healthy vibes your way in hopes that the bug misses you. ;-) Great week for you.

HB~Bummer, sorry to hear that the bug found you! Boy, it sure is making it's rounds. I am just getting over it after a couple of weeks of dealing with a sinus infection and THEN a full-fledged cold!! :-mad Grrr! Hope I'm done for the year! Thanks for the fiber tip. I can use any tip that is painless. I'll give it a go and see if I can lose my last 5-8 pounds. I'm not sure where you have 5 lbs. to lose. You looked great to me last week. Good luck getting back into your exercise routine. See you soon.

Aimee~I am PLANNING to give Joy of Yoga a try either later this afternoon or tomorrow. Can't wait to try it. You are doing great keeping flexibility in your rotation. I am jealous you are going back to CTX this week. I am also doing the PS rotation now and I really miss my x-trainers. Have fun.

Erica~I know you are bumming BIG time, but hey girl, you're workout week was GREAT!!! I truly think (like another poster stated) that this may be really good for you as you are shaking up what you are used to doing. It may not be the tapes or kind of cardio you want, but be glad you can do what you are which sounds intense to me. I don't know how you can sit on a bike though with your tailbone broken. OUCH!!! Keep up the good work. I've been thinking of you often.

Okay, onto my week:

Monday~PS-SL&A, ABS from All-Step, CD & Stretch from PS-SL&A, Taught a Hi/Lo class

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo class with lite toning & ABS, BB&A's in the evening

Wednesday~My ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!! (With Cathe tapes!!!)Thanks to you all who had such nice things to say in my "celebrating-thread". I am amazed how fast this year went. I am so thrilled I found this site, my wonderful tapes & you all. THANKS again!! CS&T, CardioKicks, Plankwork from CircuitMax

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo class with lite toning & ABS

Friday~Step'n'Intervals (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tape!) HB, I thought of you this morning. I got up at 6:30 to do my workout!! Whew, how do you do it?? My hubby and I went to Cleveland at 9:00 in the morning to go to our daughter's sonogram with her & her hubby. WHAT A MIRACLE to hear that heartbeat, see the lil' arms and legs moving around, the heart beating (THAT was unbelieveable!!). The technician even pointed out the kidneys, bladder, stomach (which was full!!) I was in awe. My ole heart got a workout just watching it happen. Okay, enuf bragging from this granny-to-be!!

Saturday~MIS, WU-2 minutes on treadmill, Jogged 20 minutes, Stairstepper for 15 minutes(WHEW!!:-tired), walked 3 more minutes on treadmill to CoolDown, ABS & Stretch from MIS

Sunday~REST!! (Unless I decide to do my Yoga tape for flexibility) Have a super week all and I will check back to see how you all did this week. Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hey Kelly!

I missed you. I think we posted at the same time! I think your week was great especially considering you had a migraine almost every day!! Keep up the good work and WATCH OUT for lil' heads!! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Aimee--alot of yoga. That's great.Do you really find that it relaxes you mentally also? Truly?

Erica: Please be careful!!! That looks like such alot to do!!! with your injuries.

DebbieH: didn't realize you were expecting to the second power, so to speak! Congratulations!!:D
Did some old and new this week:
Mon: Cher Fitness A New Attitude from 1991 (still like it.)
Tue: Vol 5 Power Circuit (CF)
Wed: Reebok Extreme Step
Thurs: Firm Vol 1 Body Sculpt --Susan Harris--incomparable.
Fri: CF Step Max
Sat: Wedding Video Weights plus Kathy Smith Yoga Challenge
Sun: Kelly Robert Circuit Training with light bands

Poor Erica!

I AM happy to see that you CAN exercise, even tho' it's boring. Just put on a good TV show or rented movie and peddle away.

Oh, heck, I'm always fretting about my ugly legs! :-( I know you can only do so much with the genetic hand you're dealt, but I am DETERMINED to get them in better shape. I'm tired of hiding behind long shorts. I think I need to concentrate on more isolation work.

Debbie: Let me know what you think of the tape.

Murph: Truly? Sometimes Yes, sometimes No. I'm a big help, huh?

HB: Honey, from what I have heard about you, you're probably one of the fittest 50 something woman in all of OH!!! We are own worst critic! I'll bet your just as beautiful as they come! Legs and all:)!

Aimee

Hi. I usually post in the weight-loss checkin', but thought I'd post here for a change...I'm not new to working out, but still new to the check-in thing. I'm doing a modified CTX rotation this month. Although my eating needs big-time work, I did pretty good with workouts this week, despite this annoying runny nose of mine!

MON: Power Max, CTX biceps, plank work and CTX shoulders
TUES: CTX Step & Interval, CTX chest and CTX triceps
WED: Power Circuit + abs
THUR: Step Heat, CTX biceps, CTX shoulders
FRI: nothing
SAT: Power Max, CTX chest, CTX triceps, ab portion from CTX LL
SUN: CTX LLA

I'm still having a hard time with doing the cardio portions from the CTX series, either I dont feel like they're intense enough (I feel this way with Kickbox) or I dont like alot of the dancier moves, like walking around the step in All-Step or the "1-2-3" quick floor moves. I dont want to always substitute my step tapes for the cardio portions b/c I want this to be a different rotation from last month's but I end up popping in a different cardio routine about 5 minutes into the CTX cardio sections. Anyone else having this problem. I do like PowerCircuit alot though. Have a good week everyone!

Check-in newbie,

Stacy

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-01 AT 03:39PM (Est)[/font][p]Hello again everyone! I haven't posted for a couple months, my user name used to be "lorrie" but now I've got a different computer so it's changed. Anyway, get well wishes to everyone who is feeling under the weather and Erica, I truly hope you recover soon! Just don't rush it!

DebbieH - how far along is your daughter now? I hope her pregnancy is going smoothly.

Honeybunch, I read that article in Fitness about fiber - it seems like a good plan. I'm not trying to lose weight but want to clean up my diet. Problem is, I cannot stay away from bread and butter!

Aimee - how does all the yoga fit in with your weight work? I love power yoga but I read on Bryan Kest's website that he felt weight training and yoga weren't a good "marriage". I love both so I do both anyway but I usually sacrifice the yoga for the weights in my rotations. I was planning to put in an all yoga week between each Cathe rotation but don't know if I'll be able to stick with it since I get addicted to the sweat of Cathe.

O.k., here's my week (the last of my PS rotation)

Sun- CST and SW
Mon - CK
Tues - BBA and CST chest only
Wed - SLA and CST shoulders only
Thurs - IMAX and CST - Tris only
Fri - BBA

Today I'm beginning a MIS, BMX rotation and going to try to add more yoga.

Have great fitness weeks y'all!

Lorrie

Wow!

Everyone had such great weeks, even our injured check-in gal!

Erica, I know it's frustrating and boring as heck ( reading your post caused major knee therapy flashbacks for me! :) ), but just hang in there! You'll be back to your regular routine before you knowit, and you'll be soooooo glad that you stayed in shape, despite getting boredom poisoning. :)

Some of you must take notes, because although I remember a lot of people are sick, I don't remember which ones. SO, since you all know who you are, my sympathies for those who are sick and/or have sick little ones! I've also had sick kids this week, but so far have avoided becoming a casualty myself. Hang tough!

Debbie H: Congratulations on your grandbaby sighting! :) Aren't sonograms some of the coolest things? To be able to get a sneak peek is amazing, isn't it?

Here is my week, which I'm pretty happy with:

Monday: REST We all need'em! :)

Tuesday: 4 miles on the treadmill, then PS BBA. Have I mentioned how much I love our new treadmill? Okay, have I mentioned it TODAY?! :) It feels GREAT to be running again.

Wednesday: PS CST, and then Cardio Kicks, to celebrate Debbie's 1 year anniversary with her.

Thursday: PS SLA I did the floor work for the 1st time in this rotation, and that hamstring work was KILLER! I couldn't finish the part where you're working each leg individually. All I wrote in my log for that part of the workout was "PATHETIC."

Friday: Hi/Lo Heaven, all the way through. I just LOVE everything about this tape!

Saturday: Erin's version of Cathe's treadmill workout -- "What IS Erin's version?" you might ask. It beats the heck out of me. I intended to try to do it as posted, but mine was 9 minutes shorter somehow. I know part of it was because I couldn't do 8 mph for 5 minutes, so I went on to the next entry after 3 minutes. Obviously my math skills go to pot when my blood is all in my legs, so I lost another 7 minutes in there someplace. I don't mind, though. This was PLENTY challenging, especially the interval cycles right before you start cooling down! :) I finished up with the abs from Cathe's wedding tape.

Sunday: Planned workout is Firm Super Sculpting and a 30 minute cardio tape, possibly TBLB 4, since I like combining SS with kickboxing, but I've already done some of Cathe's this week.

Have a great week, everyone!!

Erin

Hello Everybody!

I have never posted here before, but I have been happily lurking for quite awhile. You all keep me so motivated to workout!

I have only been a Cathe fan since November and I already have 7 of her tapes. I am expecting the UPS man tomorrow with CTX, PS series, CM, Cardio Kicks and Circuit Max. Why not all the rest you ask? Because I am waiting until she releases her new tapes for this year so that I can get those and the few I still don't have to take advantage of the quantity discount! LOL

Well, here is my week:

Monday MIS
Tuesday rest
Wednesday PM
Thursday MIS
Friday IM
Saturday SJ
Sunday BM (my first time doing this one Oh, WOW!)

Have a wonderful week!

April

Hi Lorrie! I'm going to have to check his webste out. I do my yoga every morning around 5:30 or 6:00 depending on which tape I do. I have done Power Yoga and Weightlifting (legs, ahhhhh!) on the same day. That was trurly too much! My legs were a shaking! Actually, I'm not as fond of power yoga as I am hatha. But I'm trying to work my way up to doing it more often and enjoying it more;-). If you don't mind, will you give me Bryan K's web address?

Checking in

Greetings! I've had a informative lesson on how stress can undermine one's fitness efforts. DH & I have been battling the contractor for our new house & it finally got resolved Friday. Could not believe how energized I was on my ride yesterday. I've been doing my workouts knowing that they'd help relieve stress but really was going through the motions.

On a much more upbeat note, I've been doing the Wedding Tape's conditioning w/ my sis twice a week. She's doing cardio on her own. She lost 5# in January!

Monday: nada
Tuesday: Pilates mat class; cycle 21 miles (flat)
Wednesday: Spin: Wedding tape conditioning
Thurs: nada
Friday: Cycle 23.5 miles (flat); MIS (body weight for legs)
Sat: Cycle 61 miles (hilly - felt great, finally!)
Sun: Cycle 15 miles (flat, low intensity recovery ride); Millenium Stretch

Have a great week everyone! Take care of those sniffles & injuries.
Debra

Hi Aimee!

I ended up doing Basic Yoga for Dummies again!! Actually, I did it twice this week. I FORGOT to post it in my check-in!! Duhhh! I forgot to mark it down in my journal because I keep my journal down in my workout room during the week and I do Yoga in my bedroom, so airhead that I am, I just forgot to post it in my journal. Oh well. I am definitely going to give J-O-Y a try this week. I am liking the way the yoga makes me feel. When I am done, I TRULY do feel relaxed and STRETCHED. I am going to try real hard to keep it in my rotation at least two times/week. You're right about HB, she is as FIT as they come!!! Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi Lorrie!

WELCOME BACK!! I was wondering where you were. You are the only Lorrie I know that spells her name like my sis Lorrie. (She also lives in Florida like you!) My daughter is 23 weeks along. She is doing somewhat better but not feeling too good. She had a very rough time at 1st., but is finally able to eat, so we are thankful for that. THANKS for asking. Good week for you. I am also doing a PS rotation. I'm trying to decide which rotation I want to go to next??? Glad to have you back.:D Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Hi Erin!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-01 AT 10:17PM (Est)[/font][p]Again, thanks for celebrating with me last Wednesday with CS&T and CK!! I think that you did mention liking your treadmill a couple(DOZEN) times!!! LOL! Aren't they great? I just started using mine again the past few weeks. I love reviewing fitness vids while jogging. It makes the time go by sooo much faster. You are too funny~"Erin's Treadmill Workout"! I think I'd probably do better with your version too. Hee-Hee! We need to have our treadmill checked as it is not registering the right speed, but it does work so I won't complain. You got that right about the hamstring work in PS-SLA being a killer. I actually know how many she does of each, so I start counting DOWN as soon as she begins them. It seems to help me psychologically.(FYI, there are 64 lifts on each of the one-legged killers!!) Great week for you. (Had to come back and edit this as I forgot to mention the sonogram! YES, it was awesome. I never had anything like that back in the ole days!! It was literally like watching a miracle right before your eyes! ...about 4 more months to gooo!) Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.