CCPP Saturday, April 26th

Holy moly--I totally overslept! I just woke up!! x( x(!!!!!!

I have a HRM and used to use it but my heart rate is always sky high and I'm not sure what it should be. When I keep my heart rate in the 170's-180's I feel like I'm barely working at all. Usually my heart rate is in the 190's. I haven't worn my HRM in a long time because I'm not sure how accurate it is. It's the Polar F4 I think.

Oh well. I'll try PP sometime today and see how it goes. Thanks, everyone!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Mine's done. What a work out. I took a route outdoors that has some good hills in it and utilized during the hill challenges. Yowza am I tired. Since I new to this whole thing, I had to walk on most of the recoveries, but still a great workout.

Jean

done, done, done! since i HATE hills, i decided it would be best to concentrate on higher hills and lower speed so i only ended up doing 8.3 miles (i think i normally do 9 with that w/o). i kept my speed down for the hills and recovery (6.2-6.5) and kept my sprints at 8.0. i upped my hills from 4-6% to 6-8% (hated it, but did it). what is the saying, you always hate to do what you need to do the most?

anyway, i'm glad it's d.o.n.e!

I'm done! I didn't want to "report in" til I knew I could do it. My daughter took back her Elliptical since she is able to workout again after her pregnancy & our treadmill went on the blink a couple of weeks ago soooo, I took CCPP outside. I also am coming off an injury sooo I only did the first 46 minutes of the workout & what a 46 minute challenge! I found a spot near our home that has a gradual incline leading up to our golf course country club and it takes EXACTLY a minute for me to jog up it so it worked great for the one-minute hill climbs! Once at the top, I would just loop around on the flat ground for the 30 second recovery and then, jog down the hill for the 1 minute sprints. Okay, is this TMI? Ha! Anywho, it felt sooo good and to be honest, I felt as though I could have completed the whole workout but promised myself I would not push it because I want to be good & healthy for the RT! Sooo, I am done and glad I did it! Yeeeeah for me! http://bestsmileys.com/happy/5.gif

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I did it outside too. DD had a regatta so I did it on a trail next to a lake. very flat. I ended up sprinting all of the hills on challenge one at 7:30 pace since there were no hills. I only had planned on a 5.0 mile run so I stopped at 5 miles. TG because I truly sprinted every time I hill was called for and really challenged myself!

Good job ladies and thank you Tammy for reminding us about Choose Living Saturday. :)

Judy
Likes2bfit

I had a great CCPP day and I just love the fifth challenge...that one always makes me work harder.

Great job ladies!!!! See ya' next month!

Hi everyone! Better late than never, huh? I did it, and I'm just plain beat. I got up at 5:45, started the day by walking the dog for a half hour, then it was non-stop yard work until about 3 p.m. I was already pooped, but I said NO WAY am I missing CC PP this time! So I thought, okay, I'll just take it easy. So much for that idea. What is it about this workout? I always hit my highest readings on the elliptical every time! It was a great workout!

And I thought about everyone, doing CC PP at different times, in different states and different countries,but all for the same reason. Because we believe in Jim and value all he's done, and I think that we all gain just a bit of his wonderful spirit from this every month, don't you think?

I just got home -- UGH! DH and I were out and about all day. I'll do it tomorrow morning while DH is out getting a massage.

Cuz, I agree with Tammy -- you said it perfectly!

I just finished the workout. I thought I better bump this thread up and report on my progress so y'all wouldn't think I was a slacker :p . I was very pleased with my stats -- I've been improving a little bit every time I do this workout!

Some sad news -- do you guys recall at the end of the workout, between the cool down and the stretch, where Sean gives a shout out to Kitty in California? Kitty had cancer and she passed away. There's a tribute to her on the Cardio Coach home page if anyone cares to read it. I dedicated my workout to Kitty and her family.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.