Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Cathe, SNM!! Is music volume supposed to be this l...

>I don't have mine yet and sure hope mine work well with my
>dvd player set-up> But I just want to add that maybe this
>could encourage SNM to make sure you include the "Music
>Louder" option in future dvd series.
>
>I used the "Music Louder" option as often as possible with the
>Body Blasts and wished it were possible with the pre-mixes
>too. I could always hear Cathe's cuing just fine, but was able
>to enjoy the beat of the music even more.

You can use the music louder option on the premixes, simply click the audio button on your remote -first choice is normal, press twice for music off, and three for music louder.
:)

We purchased our TV in the 90s and have no plans on buying a new one anytime soon. We just don't watch TV enough to justify this expense.

We are in the Technology Age. TV's purchased in the 90's many are not compatible for the total sound, as TV's that have been manufactured past 2000 (I know one of my older TV's from 96 sounds like CRAP and it is NOT compatible for any sound hookups). Therefore, you may have to deal with the altered television sound. Like everything else in life things change, and in this case so does the sound. When you go into a theater, there are choices now, IMAX, THX, or regular sound, all are different. When you purchase a DVD or VHS, you are not going to get the same quality, unless you have the sound setup at home. I can only imagine that Cathe and her technological crew are only keeping up with the times. For this, they should not be jumped on, things change.

Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with these DVD's and we should just move on. If you want to keep complaining, you can, but from the posts I have read people with their correct audio setups at home, are not having problems. Most of the complaints seem to be from persons with older model TV's.

JMHO

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see any of these posts as "complaining..." I think that videos cost a large chunk of money, and I think everyone is right in bringing this up, personally...
I ordered my videos, but will receive them tomorrow, so I can't personally say yet, until tomorrow.

If anything, voicing concerns to SNM will only help improve future quality issues, or help them as well, by addressing concerns now, so they don't get a massive quantity of returned dvd's all of the sudden...which would be a big shock!

I have always LOVED Cathe's/SNM's choice in video music (LOVED!)

I have a brand new TV, and I will try the sound out tomorrow on my videos....:9

Today I have viewed the DVD's on both my computer and on our dream system in the living room.

On the computer, the music is lower than the other series that I own, but Cathe's cues are very easy to follow because the music doesn't drown them out. In fact, this is how I have been previewing the HC series.

On the 60" television, with surround sound: WOW!! AWESOME!!! How can I convince DH to move that TV downstairs into my workout room. Music level was perfect and I actually felt as if I was in a "real" class.

I have yet to view the series on the actual TV that I use on a day to day basis, as my workout space is under construction. I will let you know the outcome of that test.

RE: Hey Debbie with a space H

>Ha! I couldn't for the life of me remember posting to this
>thread! I read it like 3X and thought weird. Duuuuh, the space
>between "Debbie" and the "H" and of COURSE the amount of posts
>you have gave it away! Got anymore of my PM's or E-mails over
>your way again? Ha!

LOL Deb! When I saw that post I thought man if DebH is complaining this sound problem must be serious! Then I saw the space and the number of posts just like you did...

I am very unhappy with how this is being handled. I own Cathe DVDs from the Body Blast series, the Intensity series and the Slow and Heavy series. I have never had a problem with the sound in any of those workouts. The sound is noticeably different in those series.

I was not told that these new DVDs would require a special stereo system in order to hear them properly. If they do in fact require a special stereo system, that should have been told to us up front, before we paid good money for these workouts. Because I was not told in advance these disks required special equipment, I had every reason to believe they would be just like my other Cathe disks. They are not and I feel deceived.

My TV and DVD player are less than two years old. There is nothing wrong with them. The sound has always been on PCM. I've never had a problem with any other DVD and see no reason why I should suddenly start having problems. This issue and SNM's response will probably mean I will no longer pre-order from Cathe.

>We are in the Technology Age. TV's purchased in the 90's
>many are not compatible for the total sound, as TV's that have
>been manufactured past 2000 (I know one of my older TV's from
>96 sounds like CRAP and it is NOT compatible for any sound
>hookups). Therefore, you may have to deal with the altered
>television sound. Like everything else in life things change,
>and in this case so does the sound. When you go into a
>theater, there are choices now, IMAX, THX, or regular sound,
>all are different. When you purchase a DVD or VHS, you are
>not going to get the same quality, unless you have the sound
>setup at home. I can only imagine that Cathe and her
>technological crew are only keeping up with the times. For
>this, they should not be jumped on, things change.
>
>Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with these DVD's and we
>should just move on. If you want to keep complaining, you
>can, but from the posts I have read people with their correct
>audio setups at home, are not having problems. Most of the
>complaints seem to be from persons with older model TV's.
>
>JMHO

LOL, your post has left me almost speechless. I know it's hard to believe, but there are people in this good ol' USA who could care less about having the newest that technology has to offer.

I noticed this and have adjusted my audio on my tv and dvd. It is much better. It really didn't bother me that much other that the first one I kept having to turn up as I had children play ing around me and couldn't hear. I think maybe we are all a little spoiled here from past dvd's. For me it is not enough to get upset over.
Diane Sue

I too am not so happy with the low music on this series. But I have to ask myself is the workout good enough for me to do and just overlook the low music. The answer is Yes it is good enough for me. I think that most of us are used to having the loud music option and the fact this this series doesn't have that option, makes the music seem very low. The only workout from this series that has very low music volume (too me only) is the Imax3 between inverval 6 and 7. It seems that is when I can hear the tapping on the steps. Other then that, I do not have any other issues with low music. Do I wish it was louder? Yes, but again I can get over that fact. What I would really like to hear is more information on the series itself. Do people like this series, is it hard-core enough for you and can you see yourself doing this workout for a long time? I have ordered (and recieved) the hardcore series, I have only tried 4 of the 11 but so far I like this series. I am just wanting for Cathe or someone to post a hardcore rotation and I am just happy to finally recieved my workouts.

Good health to all, Chap

I don't normally get into any type of debate, but I think these are legitimate concerns. My sound has been fixed with the changes that SNM suggested, but for those who do not have this option, I feel for them. These DVDs are not cheap and you want the best quality not in just the workout, but the sound also. I know I do. I used to teach aerobics and my class would complain if I didn't have music loud enough. This was fine with me as I couldn't hear what they were hearing as I used just a cassette player that was pretty much always behind me, so it always sounded loud to me. I turned it up as much as they wanted to where they could still hear me cueing, without a microphone I might add. I, for one, am glad that Cathe keeps up with technology, but I do agree that maybe an announcement should have been made before the pre-order, if SNM actually knew about it, that newer technology would be needed for these DVDs. And it is not just Cathe workouts that I'm used to with loud music, I also use the Firm and Urban Rebounder and the music is extremely loud in some of these workouts which I absolutely love. I hope in the future SNM will use the music options for louder, normal, or no music. I actually find myself doing the BB series the most because the music is so loud.

Hi everybody!!! I've read this thread and while yes, I did notice the music was a little lower, I didn't at all think that this took away from the workouts. I feel I paid for Hardcore workouts and that's exactly what I got. Sure I wouldn't want a workout with no music, but overall I'm estatic with the new series:7 !! Cathe and Crew worked so hard to deliever these workouts to us and there was alot of comments about not enough updates, ect, ect,..... Maybe they were doing all they could and forgot to inform the public of the incompatibilty with older equipment???? I don't know...... Personally, I'm thrilled with the new series.

Amyfit

Incompatibility with older equipment? NO! Both my tv and dvd player are less than a year old and I'm still having problems with the sound on these. I also made all the adjustments recommended. There are very noticable fluctuations in the sound on mine as well.

If you are having FLUCTUATIONS, it is virtually 100% of the time a fixable error in your set up, even if it only happens with certain discs.

Debbie,
I have a brand new sony dvd player, panasonic tv with dvd and every one is at a lower level on the sound. I did adjust it in my workout room. I have not tried it out on other workouts than HC. It does seem like there is a problem here for many. On High step challenge one of the songs sounds kind of warbled, but I thought maybe that was how it was supposed to be. Maybe there is a problem. I hope this does not hurt snm because I do love Cathe's workouts. If it meant losing them I would keep it like it is.
Diane Sue

>
>
>JMHO

I've checked settings as recommended by SNM. The music on Low Max is just white noise much of the time. The only alternative is to crank the volume & have Cathe yelling at my neighbors. I also hear the feet on IMAX 3.

It is wonderful that the DVD's are playing perfectly on your system. That doesn't mean they are playing perfectly on other systems. You have no idea how old our equipment is so you seem to have jumped to a conclusion without basis.

I honestly don't think that running workouts through a home theater system & using stand alone speakers with a subwoofer should be mandatory. But apparently something to consider before buying future releases.

There is something different about the Hardcore DVD's. Cathe's voice is at a louder level relative to the music. That's JMHO.

Debra

>Incompatibility with older equipment? NO! Both my tv and
>dvd player are less than a year old and I'm still having
>problems with the sound on these. I also made all the
>adjustments recommended. There are very noticable
>fluctuations in the sound on mine as well.

Same problem here! I am fortunate enough to have a state of the art Panasonic home theater system -- 5 speakers with all sorts of bells and whistles -- and its hooked up to my 50 inch TV -- all purchased btw in 2003. I've played these (and all prior Cathe DVD's using this equipment). This is the first set of Cathe DVD's where I notice major fluctuations in the sound level when they are played in my "state of the art" system. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED WITH ANY OTHER DVD'S THAT I HAVE PURCHASED FROM CATHE. So SNM you can't convince me that the sound levels in these DVD's are not defective.

Caryn

>We are in the Technology Age. TV's purchased in the 90's
>many are not compatible for the total sound, as TV's that have
>been manufactured past 2000 (I know one of my older TV's from
>96 sounds like CRAP and it is NOT compatible for any sound
>hookups). Therefore, you may have to deal with the altered
>television sound. Like everything else in life things change,
>and in this case so does the sound. When you go into a
>theater, there are choices now, IMAX, THX, or regular sound,
>all are different. When you purchase a DVD or VHS, you are
>not going to get the same quality, unless you have the sound
>setup at home. I can only imagine that Cathe and her
>technological crew are only keeping up with the times. For
>this, they should not be jumped on, things change.
>
>
>JMHO

Well, lindarobinson, since you're so flush in the pocketbook, maybe you'd like to buy me a state-of-the-art sound system. On my salary, my older TV and DVD player are going to have to be used until they die a natural death. It is amazing to me though that all of my other DVDs sound beautiful but the latest SNM-produced DVDs sound like crap. What is SNM not doing that they should be doing?

Don't have my workouts yet, but I do have my fingers crossed.We have a good hook-up in the living room but not so much in my workout room.It just seems weird that all of her other workouts were fine but mostly everyone is complaining about the new set.Where there is smoke there is fire.Somethings up.And lets face it, the last 3 workouts that were put out,weren't that long ago.As technology changed since then? Its not the low music that is bothering me so much as the fluctuations that everyones mentioned.
Anyway....I probably shouldn't even be writing this b/c I don't even have my workouts yet.But I will post my thoughts when I get them:)
Lori:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.