Cardio tapes suggestions for my PS-rotation

margaR

Hi everyone!
I´m an avid Cathe fan since 1999. Last summer I noticed this forum and now checking this forum every few days.
I feel especially blessed to be a part of the group here at Cathe´s forums, and have been posting here for two times. Only two times because of my language barrier (I´m German). I´m amazed at the caring and sharing that takes place here.
Cathe is in a league of her own (many years I wasted my time on fitness tapes available in Germany) and today I own almost the entire collection of her tapes. Anyway, I´m looking for a few intense non Cathe cardio tapes to incorporate into my PS-rotation. Which tapes from Kari Anderson, Christi Taylor and/or someone else are recommended?
Just for a little variety!
Thanks for your input! Have a nice day!

Marga

Hi Marga!! Have I got a tape for you to try!! Gin Miller's Intense Moves. I'm on a PS Rotation right now, myself. I alternate between Cathe's Imax and Gin's Intense Moves every week. She's very basic and very intense!! She's very staightforward in her talking and explaining of each move. I really like her. Well, that's my favorite non Cathe tape!! Hope this helps!

Aimee

I would also say that Gin Miller's Intense Moves is a good one. I would also recommend Karen Voight's Power Packed Workout. Good luck!!

Stacy

Hi Marga,
I have not tried Christi yet, but I adore Kari's tapes. For step I recommend United Steps and Great Moves 202.

Hi Marga.....I agree with Intense Moves too, also Kari's Sweat Express, it is old but I find it such a fun tape to do. Also, I like almost anything of Christi Taylor.....her choreography can be a bit challenging but she gives a good, fun workout too. I also like Energy Sprint by Karen Voight. I found a lot of information for workouts at Video Fitness, in fact that is where I first heard of Cathe. There are a lot of reviews and breakdowns of the workouts that can be very helpful in helping you make up your mind. Hope this helps a little.

Hi Marga!

I just wanted to encourage you to post and to not feel intimidated or anything because of the language thing! Obviously you are quite fluent in English, and I for one greatly admire you for that! I'm sure others agree :)
My aunt, uncle and cousins live in Germany. I actually lived there when I was three years old--my dad was in the Navy and we were stationed there. Of course I don't remember it, but I like to make myself sound well-traveled! ;-)
Anyway, I also agree with the Gin Miller suggestion (love her), and I like Kari Anderson, too. Good Luck!
Wendy

RE: Hi Marga!

Wendy, thanks for your friendly and encouraged words!
It´s nice to here that you know(!)Germany and some of your family live here. Hope they feel well!

Thanks so much you all for the recommendations!!
I´ve been trying to do my PS-Rotation with cardio after weights(CST and BBA). Want to work each body part twice per week.

Have yourself a wonderful week everyone!

Marga

Hey Marga!! I've been doing the same thing!! Doing the cardio after BBA and CST. I heard somewhere that you burn more fat doing it that way. Did you hear that too? I don't know if it's true or not, but hey, it's worth a shot!

Aimee

Cardio after weights question

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-01 AT 12:30PM (Est)[/font][p]I find that when I do cardio immediately after weights, my muscles are sore and stiff and it is uncomfortable for me to do cardio. I used to get up early and do strength, then do cardio a few hours later and didn't have that problem. I was wondering if anyone else has that problem - being too achey after strength work to do cardio right away.
Erica

That's why I do cardio 1st

I know recommendations are the opposite, but I don't have time for 2 separate workouts a few, or even several, hours apart. Trying to do cardio immediately after weights got me no cardio benefits ( not to mentin being no FUN :) ), since I was too tired and stiff to get my heart rate up. When I'm going to be doing leg work, I do try to choose cardio that doesn't use the muscles the same way as squats and lunges, like step would. Kickboxing is different enough that after a short cooldown, I can still get in a good leg workout with weights, for example. I see the results I want, and that's all that really matters. It's not like I'm in competition with anyone. ;-)

Have a great day!!

Erin

Hi Aimee,
I was on my first CTX rotation for eight weeks that I loved and that gave me amazing changes.
Then I´ve noticed the advice to changing completely things within the following rotation. I am on a PS rotation now and it´s hard to get used to doing cardio after weight training. Sometimes I feel too tired to do that but it´s really worth it. I can see great visible results. I really get more muscles and definition. And it is true: YOU BURN MORE FAT !!

Good luck!

Marga

Good Luck to you too!!! Those are my goals more muscle, more definition, and to lose more fat!! I know I'm within my normal range weight and bodyfat wise. But I've seen me with less bodyfat and to be honest, I want to get back to that:)!

We'll get used to it!!

Aimee

Hi Marga!

I just wanted to take a second to say WELCOME!! :7 We are so glad to have you join us. Your English is incredible! You are so right~the people here are wonderful. We look forward to "seeing" you around.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hi Debbie!
Thanks for such a nice welcome!
Through this site I´ve met some very neat people.

Thank you all!!

Marga

Another good cardio recommendation

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-01 AT 05:12AM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Marga,

One other person who will compliment Cathes workouts is Mindy Mylrea. She has good intense..and fun workouts.
I find her to be the closest to Cathe in her athletic style.
She has done tapes with CIA and through the Body Bar folks but you can find most or all of hers through her website http://www.jumpincfitness.com

http://members.aol.com/naconfer/images/springchickvfnutsig.jpg

Guten Tag, Marga! I highly recommend Gin Miller's "Intense Moves," too. It's fun, challenging, and the choreography is not too difficult. In the early 1990s, I traveled to Frankfurt several times on business, and I really loved the city. Especially the food (apple strudel!!!!). Germany seems cleaner than the US---less litter. Well, good luck with your workouts and keep posting to these forums! Suzanna

RE: Another good cardio recommendation

Hi Nancy!
Thanks for your suggestion. I will order a Mindy M. tape through collage.
Have a nice springtime!

Marga

Liebe Suzanna!
Vielen Dank für deine Bestätigung für Gin Miller´s "Intense Moves".
Nice to hear that you know Frankfurt. I was born and raised near Frankfurt and for many years I traveled to Frankfurt on every weekend. Since 1989 I live in Berlin the biggest and most interesting city of Germany.

Have a nice day!
Marga

What about some suggestions that do not involve interval training? I have heard that many CIA videos are fun and tough, but there are so many that some recommendations would be helpful. I like the idea of the ones that are two workouts in one...step and hi/lo. I just don't want any that are classified as interval. Thanks!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.