Can't Believe I Could be So Stupid!

motherofsix

Cathlete
I have been doing weights only for the last week because I overdid the stepping and hurt my foot. Well I started stepping again yesterday and all went well. Today after I finished Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps I did something so stupid that I still can't believe it. I had taken my shoes and socks off and I was getting ready to take my shower. As I was walking by my dining room table I kicked a chair leg with my foot and now my little toe is killing me. This is so depressing. I still can't believe it. I put ice on it but it is still hurting. I don't even want to think about doing a step workout.

Okay, I have to get over it! I guess I will have to concentrate on weights a bit longer and let my foot heal. Any suggestions from you wonderful people would be terrific. This is so frustrating! Thanks for listening. And I just got my Intensity Series last Friday. I watched all of them this past 3 day weekend and was going to begin using them next week. Any encouraging words would really help right now. Thanks in advance.
Heather in NM

Awww!

Heather, I am sooo sorry! As much as I hate to say it, it is so easy to break a toe! :-( I broke mine last year running into my B&TR, the VERY thing that saved me! I could not do any high impact aerobics. The moves I did on the rocker were all pushing thru the heels, so it woked! Now, if you don't have one, that won't help you. I was able to do all weight work that did NOT involve my lil' toe. Don't evn attempt static lunges. OUCH! Squats & plies were fine as I also push thru the heels on those. I was able to do all upper body and AB work and any lying down floor work for legs. Don't get too discouraged. I know, EASY for me to say. Just keep in mind there are other things you CAN do and just take advantage of that. You may find, like I did, that shaking up what you USUALLY do, will be a great thing. Keep us posted and again, I am so sorry. (Maybe, you just stubbed it???)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I broke my toe walking through a doorway a few years ago. After that healed, I messed up my foot landing wrong on some stairs. I know about dumb accidents! If I did that now, I would do an upper body segment each day and go heavy. Or maybe do something like biceps from PS followed by biceps from CTX and just do that with each body part, one body part a day. Does that make any sense?

I would also do more Pilates core work.

It took me about eight weeks to be totally back on my feet.

Hey Heather,

Take it easy on yourself lady! Everyone has broken a toe at one time or another. Hurts like a son of a gun, doesn't it?

Concentrate on that weight work for a while & don't worry about cardio. I do very little cardio & have been having better results in toning & losing body fat than when I was doing cardio 4 days a week. You might be surprised at the strength gains & muscle toning you achieve! Go heavy & really push yourself. Concentrate on your form. This is a time of experimenting for you. Let your body do something different for a change.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.