Best Motivational compliment you have ever had ?

Hi Everyone,

What motivational compliment have you had since you have been seriously and consistently working out ?

Asking this question is my way of sharing the most motivational and inspiring compliment i had:):eek:

Mine is: " Being asked where I run my own class and being asked when and where I will be starting teaching :eek::cool::rolleyes:---"

Now is your turn.
Come on, spit all your compliment out ;)

Looking forward to some readings ;)

You Can Do It!

;) what else would it have been...ha, just about everyone says this at sometime or another, it's true, you can. Makes for a pretty great mantra too.

Last week when I was at a local trail running, walking, doing dips, push ups, shoulder presses ... this guy came up and asked if I was a tri-athlete or something. In my dreams :)

I was at a party and an old acquaintance said "you look amazing, are you in training". It is so nice when people acknowledge the hard work.

I was at the makeup counter waiting to pay and the woman next to me (probably 15-20 years younger than my 48 years) said, "I'm trying to get arms like yours." I nearly floated in mid air. Yep, I got me some guns--kiss, kiss!

;)

I have a few that came over a span of years, not days or weeks. One older lady at my church said "you have a beautiful carriage". Hahaha. One guy said I looked like a teen ager. My most recent came from a co worker who said, "I wish my husband had your arms". Honestly , I'm not sure she meant it as a compliment but I took it as one, lol.

Last edited:
I was shopping at our local mall and a women came up behind me and wanted to know how she could get her arms to look like mine. I told her about Cathe, and then I went home and did the "happy dance"!!!

Many people have told me they wish they had my energy, especially the younger 20-somethings that can't function without gallons of coffee and Snickers bars!;)

I like when people say to me "look at those guns". My response usually is I work very hard for those guns. I also get comments on how committed I am to my workouts... I take that as a compliment. The other that one that makes me feel really good is when someone says they wished they looked as fit as I do. I get a big grin on my face.

Thanks Ladies for sharing your compliment.

To MAYNARDSMOM Lol about the head sweelling---You are making me lift a dumbbell with a good hypertrophy load and rep ;)

Honestly, I was in London underground (Subway) this evening coming from work. I red your comments and it did bring a huge smile on my face. :):):):)

Hope other lady join us here to motivate each other ;-)
Sending a Huge cathlete hug Muah ;-)

So fun to read all these posts.

I would say mine is from the young girls that I work with. I will be 52 this year and most of the girls I work with are in their 20's and 30's. They all say they all hope to look like me when they are my age!

Great thread and I'm enjoying reading all the responses. And I've noted nobody has been told they "look like a model." Even better! Way to go ladies - our hard work pays off in our physique and energy. And good job Cathe - she almost has her own little army running around out here :)

A relative of someone I was working for one time asked me if I was a runner. I actually am not a runner but at the time I was doing a lot of Cathe's step workouts :D

My most recent compliment came from my DH telling me that my butt felt tighter :eek::D.

I see there are a lot of compliments for great arms. A few weeks ago my cousin told me that I was starting to get "Bane Arms" (Bane is the super big muscular dude from Batman). Not sure if it was meant to be a compliment or insult :rolleyes: but I'm going to take it as a compliment cuz' I'm working damn hard for those guns!

Great thread!

Last edited:
I love this thread! My favorite compliment was one I overheard at the gym a few weeks ago. I was doing overhead presses and I heard one teenage girl whisper to the other "Look at the muscles in her shoulders! I want my shoulders to look like that!" Not only did it feel good to hear that compliment, it also made me happy to see that there are some teenage girls out there who want to have muscles!

compliments!

Two of my favorites are: On a hot day at work everyone was wearing shorts. A co-worker said" we're all wearing shorts but you are the only one who looks good in them". The other compliment was when I wore bright pink jeans and a musician asked me if I was a dancer (I'm 48 yrs old). My only response was " No...... I'm a Cathlete!!" . I was also told my arms are a" cause for envy"........all I can say is.....THANKS Cathe!!!!

One woman told me that if she had legs like mine she would never wear pants! I must admit that one made me do the happy dance. :)

They say that imitation is the best form of flattery. I was at the gym one day and this woman followed me from machine to machine doing everything I was doing. At first I was a little frightened, but as I was about to finish my workout, she finally told me she wanted her calf muscles to look like mine and wanted to do everything I was doing to get them! Lol

Wow tonyakay;)

So glad you are loving this thread ladies:):):)
I am sending a huge cathlete hug to you, please keep the comments coming;)

One of the comment which make me want to take my barbell and lunge slowly and deeply is : " I love my lady to hold a posture like yours ;)"

Another one coming from a lady is after looking at my equipments she said now i know where you got those legs from. I would like to have legs like yours ;)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.