Best Motivational compliment you have ever had ?

Now that I think of it, my motivational drive is the strongest for my daughter. I want to be the best person I can, for her. The other day I was cleaning up my exercise room, and she was there staring at me while I was putting away my barbell. She then said "oh wow mommy, you are so strong! I want to lift that when I get bigger". Coming from a 4yr old, most people might not find that to be a compliment, but it was like music to my ears. So actually, that was my "Best Ever Motivational Compliment" :).

Now that I think of it, my motivational drive is the strongest for my daughter. I want to be the best person I can, for her. The other day I was cleaning up my exercise room, and she was there staring at me while I was putting away my barbell. She then said "oh wow mommy, you are so strong! I want to lift that when I get bigger". Coming from a 4yr old, most people might not find that to be a compliment, but it was like music to my ears. So actually, that was my "Best Ever Motivational Compliment" :).

Aw! How cute. Sounds like your daughter is a Future Cathlete-in-training. Awesome job on being a great role model for a healthy lifestyle for her. :)

This is a great thread! I love reading all the motivational compiments!

I think the best compliment I had was when I belonged to Golds Gym in Iowa and was going to Spinning classes all the time. This was about 10 years ago. Newer people in the class would mistake me for the instructor and ask me how to set up their bike. I would also be mistaken for a trainer in the gym and people would ask me how to use equipment.

This has been a fun thread to read!

I hesitated in posting as my story is kind of weird but here goes.

Two years ago I served on a jury, the court case was big news where I live and often in the media.

Last year, a year after the trial ended, a book was published about the case. In the book the author described me ( jurors remain anonymous outside the courtroom in Canada). He described me as a blond woman appearing to be in her late twenties!!!! I was 42 at the time. That was great for the ego.

This has been a fun thread to read!

I hesitated in posting as my story is kind of weird but here goes.

Two years ago I served on a jury, the court case was big news where I live and often in the media.

Last year, a year after the trial ended, a book was published about the case. In the book the author described me ( jurors remain anonymous outside the courtroom in Canada). He described me as a blond woman appearing to be in her late twenties!!!! I was 42 at the time. That was great for the ego.

That is a great compliment!

Last edited:
Love the responses!
Over the last several years a few times people have mentioned that my oldest daughter and I look like sisters. I'm 48, she's 24. A few months ago at our library, a librarian whom we know mentioned that from short distance away that my other daughter and I looked like sisters! She's 16! :eek: OK so my youngest daughter is 10 ... LOL :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.