Best Cathlete Advice Ever

Trixoo

Cathlete
Hi fellow Cathletes!

I've been a member of these forums for almost two years (and lurked for a while before that), but only a consistent reader for about the last year or so. I've picked up so much helpful information from Cathe and all of you, that it got me to wondering about all the good stuff I've missed both before I joined the forum and when I don't have time to stay caught up.

So, what are the best/most useful/most fun/most whatever tips you've gotten from this forum?

Here are my five (well, the five that come to mind as I type this):

1. Use a Sharpee to draw a line marking the center of your band (that way you can find the midddle really easily even after it loses the indent it has when it first comes out of the package).

2. Wen

3. Clarisonic

4. Homemade Larabars (well, Larabars in general). FYI, I'm too lazy to make the actual recipe, so I just buy dates and stuff them with walnuts or almonds and roll them in some coconut.

5. Plate mates (micro weights). Couldn't get through STS w/o them!

I'm so curious to hear what your best tips are, although I realize this is a dangerous question, because it will undoubtedly result in some purchases on my part... :)

Great post Trixoo! I'll ber back after I think about it for ahwile! I know I've learned tons here also!

I've been on the forums a while...soaking up information, asking questions....I've gotten great advice and tremendous encouragement from coming here and reading the stories.

Here are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Flylady.net - for messy people like me
2. CardioCoach - Rest In Peace Sean :(
3. Kettlebells - Lauren Brooks and AOS
4. Vitacost and BSN Lean Dessert Protein
5. Enell bras for running (as much a workout to put the thing on as the workout itself!)
6. Coconut oil
7. Polar Heart Rate Monitors
8. Tom Venuto and BFFM.
9. Fage greek yogurt
10. MyFitnessPal for diet tracking
11. Shiva Rea - yoga
12. Vibram 5 finger "barefoot" shoes

And the best fitness advice - don't be afraid to modify or use premixes. Workout for joy and the rest follows on its own.

Great thread!

I've learned so much from the wonderful people here :). The best and most helpful advice given to me has been about general weight training: STS, Turbo Tower, weighted gloves, barbell, weighted vest, ect.

The most important thing I've learned however, is that anyone at any age can be physically fit and healthy. The folks on this forum who are 50yrs+ totally kick hardcore butt!!! I love it!! They inspire and motivate me greatly :)

Natasha

I've been on the forums a while...soaking up information, asking questions....I've gotten great advice and tremendous encouragement from coming here and reading the stories.

Here are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Flylady.net - for messy people like me

FLYLADY - that is a great site!! Never heard of it before. Yay!

I am an occasional reader, since I'm working all day on a computer, I dread turning on my personal one :) Love the advice that I've seen on here and the sharing of knowledge.

Cardio Coach

I learned about many things on Cathe's forum, the most recent was Cardio Coach (after his passing). I now have purchased and downloaded all of his cardio workouts and love them, very sad there will be no more. Even though this forum is free, somehow it costs me a lot of money!

A lot of inspiration that is for sure,
interesting web sites,
and a variety of creative ideas on all kinds of topics!

Cathe and other forum users convinced me to try Ryka athletic shoes. I have chronic feet issues and the Rykas have been by far the best workout shoes I have ever used.

mini-natty said:
Great thread!

I've learned so much from the wonderful people here :). The best and most helpful advice given to me has been about general weight training: STS, Turbo Tower, weighted gloves, barbell, weighted vest, ect.

The most important thing I've learned however, is that anyone at any age can be physically fit and healthy. The folks on this forum who are 50yrs+ totally kick hardcore butt!!! I love it!! They inspire and motivate me greatly :)

Natasha

Natasha, I have to share this with you since you mentioned the 50yrs+ folks! I will be 60 in November and I literally had to fight back tears today when I completed TTM! Not sure why, but when I finished, I just had such an awesome, emotional feeling with such a FUN workout and thinking about the fact that I'm not a youngin' anymore but I was able to get thru it and survived to tell about it. I'm indebted to Cathe for sharing her talents with me and making me push beyond what I'd ever do on my own if that makes sense. Just thought I'd share.

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Story1267 -

Great tip about fly lady...I'd never heard of that either...thanks!

I have to add one more thing...I tried to order another set of placemats, but amazon doesn't have the ones that match what I already have, so I've taken another Cathlete's advice and ordered pace weights. I'm desperate for them because I can't progress any further on my incline chest flys with what i have and need to add another increment before going up the next 5 pounds. So thanks to all of you who have mentioned pace weights on these forums!

Debbie -

You are amazing. I know what you mean about Cathe pushing us to new heights and am truly grateful for her. I saw you at the Chicago RT and cannot relieve you are almost 60. You are so inspiring to me! One on,y has to loom at your avatar pic to see why!

Oh yah...flylady changed my life!

Also...for anything vegetarian, or vegan, really Kathryn has given the best advice over the years....super patient too.

She (I'm pretty sure) turned me on to sproutpeople.org and I have purchased and sprouted many groovy seeds from there. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.