Any Cathe beginners?

Quick check in for me - things have been busy here for the last few weeks but I'm still getting my workouts done. I just finished STS Disc 24 today and that completes Meso 2!! Woohoo!!! I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it when everyone else I started it with has dropped off. This week is recovery and I'm looking forward it to and starting Meso 3 on Sunday.

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Hi Nancy,
sorry if I'm crashing your check in but "WAY TO GO GIRL!"

Good for you for stickin' to it, it's really the only way you get there! I lurk & watch your progress for tips for when I go for STS....;)

Woo Hoo!
Linda

Kind of quiet around here lately! I'm hoping that everyone is still working out even if they are not checking in anymore!

I'm still focusing on my yoga these days: Yesterday i did my own practice at my office gym. After a busy day at work it felt really good.

Phoneix: High Five to you for sticking with your workouts! Look how far you have come! Keep it up.:)

Hello to everyone else!

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a bit of back pain this week which resulted in two rest days but luckily it was just a mild strain (from hunching over at the computer for too many hours and days recently). Have to remember to keep good posture. :)

Sorry I haven't been checking in - am going to try to check in regularly here again. Since my last check in, I have completed Disc 29 of STS and have one more workout to go to finish week 2 of Meso 3. Meso 3 is great - still deciding on those plyo leg workouts though. :) They are more endurance and cardio and are killer. The cool thing is that I can now do those butt kicks over the step. I could never do those before and no problem now! I love it when you notice little things like that because it really shows how much improvement you have made. I know I have been getting stronger as well too.

Other than STS, I have also been doing some FIRM workouts (Cardio Overdrive, Ultimate Fat Burning Workout), Powerstrike 5 and Turbo Fire workouts for cardio. I'm trying to go through all my workout DVDs to determine which ones I like and want to keep. I'll get rid of the ones I don't like or never do.

Linda:
Great to see you! And definitely no issues crashing the check in...you're welcome anytime!! Thanks for the encouragement! I am really proud of myself for sticking with this commitment and it's almost over. I'm definitely doing another round of STS after it but will probably take a few weeks or a month break in between. Let me know when you decide to give STS a try! I don't know why I kept putting it off for so long.

Elle:
Awesome job with the yoga workouts. I really have to get back into incorporating some yoga into my routine.

Hope you are all having a great weekend and being good to yourselves!!

Checking in today with STS Disc 30 completed and so is week 2 of Meso 3! 2 more weeks and 6 workouts to go and STS is finished...it has gone by so fast.

I added on some extra cardio by doing Turbo Fire: Fire 30 Class and followed it up with Stretch 10 Class.

Hey all! It has been a while since I last checked in. Since the weather has cooled down some here in Ohio things have been going hot and heavy with my lunch walks - we increased our distance to 2 3/4 miles and now I have been jogging almost the entire distance trying to get ready for a "Turkey Trot" on Thanksgiving Day. I'm able to complete the entire route in about 35-40 minutes, but I would like to be able to go the entire distance without having to make any stops and under 30 minutes . . . maybe that will happen and maybe it won't. I haven't done any of Cathe's workouts since I've been jogging, but I think as the weather continues to get colder, I will be right back using those DVD's.

I start my first Yoga class on November 4th so I am looking forward to that. I just purchased a mat and bag so I won't have to use whatever is at the class. I'm actually kind of nervous, hoping I will be able to do the moves without pulling or straining a muscle. I keep envisioning myself with long, lean muscles and great flexibility after doing yoga for a while . . . if nothing else, perhaps it will calm me down some. :eek:

Congratulations to everyone on your workouts! I am proud that you all have been sticking to it and making GREAT STRIDES and having HUGE SUCCESSES! WOOHOO - keep it up!

Well, I will call it quits for the night, going to weigh in tomorrow – I am 10# from making my next goal weight and I just can’t seem to get past those last 10 pounds. Maybe I am going to have to start two a day workouts to break that plateau. :eek:

Checking in with STS Disc 31 completed! 5 more workouts to go.

Jennifer:
It sounds like you have been doing really well and look at that weight loss! Awesome!

That's great that you have signed up for a yoga class - I really have to get around to attending a live class one day. Hope you really enjoy it.

Checking in with STS Disc 32 completed!! Plyo Legs is tough but I'm able to do more plyo moves than I thought and the heart rate really gets up there fast! One more workout to go and week 3 of Meso 3 will be finished.

Hi everyone, checking in at the end of the week. Managed to jog my entire distance today without stopping for the very first time, abet, it was slow, but each step I took moved me one step forward so I'm not complaining! Now, I just have to work up to doing the entire distance twice so I can be ready for the Turkey Trot. . . a runner at heart I am definitely NOT!

Nancy: Great job on completing Disc 32--how awesome is that?! Listening to you all talk about plyo makes me cringe, but I am glad you are ale to do more moves than you though! KEEP UP HE GREAT WORK! Once you get done with Meso 3, what are your next plans of accomplishment?

We need to get everyone back in here to catch up on how things are going. I miss reading everyone's postings! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Checking in with with Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 1 completed yesterday and STS Disc 33 and Turbo Jam 20 Minute completed today. I have now completed week 3 of Meso 3. Only 1 more week and 3 workouts to go and my first STS rotation will be complete.

Jennifer:
You're doing awesome!

I think once I finish next week, I will take the recovery week and the rest of November off from it for a mini break. I think I'll spend the time re-doing my 1RM tests for STS and I'm throwing around the idea of doing the 6 month STS rotation starting in December.

Checking in at the beginning of the week to see how everyone is doing. I have finally managed to work up to running 3.64 miles and I think we are going to try to push the distance a little further every couple of days to try to reach that 5 mile mark before 11/25. I've been trying to do two-a-days, but tonight I just decided I better call it quits. I think I have developed a stupid cold :( and I am feeling a little run down so once I get off here, I think it is to bed for me for the night.

NANCY: YOU ROCK MY FRIEND!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON ONLY HAVING TWO MORE DISCS TO DO UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE ENTIRE SERIES!!!:D And to say you are go to go back and do it all over again in December as a 6 month rotation!?!? YOU R MY HERO! So, now that you are almost finished, tell me what you most notice about yourself and the changes your body has undergone doing this cycle?!

Hope everyone else is doing well and I look forward to checking back and seeing how everyone is progressing.

WOOHOO!!! I just did my last STS workout today - Disc 36 - and am now finished my first round of STS!!! I even added on Turbo Jam Cardio Party Remix for some cardio. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with the program and finishing!

Jennifer:
Hope you are feeling better and it's awesome how well you are doing with your running!

I'm still debating what I will do in December - the 3 month or 6 month. For the next week, I'm just going enjoy cardio and recovery and no strength training. :)

I have gotten a lot stronger both physically and mentally from STS. In terms of weight loss and inches, it's not that much (I think 5ish lbs and 9 inches) but my strength has really improved and I can see my body shape changing which is awesome (just have to get rid of the body fat!). I was lifting much heavier weights at the end - weights that I could barely lift in the beginning. I think the biggest improvement is not a physical one - I just feel so much more confident in myself than I have in a long time and feel strong enough to handle anything that happens.

Congratulations Phoenix!!!!!! Great job on completing STS. It's so great to hear you stuck with it and made not only physical gains but gained confidence in yourself as well. Keep going!

Yesterday i did an hour on the treadmill. I haven't used the treadmill in a while and it was a nice feeling to have to readjust my weight on my user id. :)

Looks like our check-in has thinned out recently.:( I hope everyone is still keeping up with their workouts even if they haven't checked in recently.

Fallen off...
Hi gang- I am totally off the wagon- I haven't worked out in 6 weeks, haven't lost any more weight, though I have been focusing on eating healthy, just haven't counted the points.

On a happier note, I have 6 more months until I am finished with grad school- I just have to hang in there a bit longer.

Reading this thread has motivated me to get up early tomorrow and do a stretch workout- 10 minutes, tops- but just to get the juices flowing again.

I am a multi-tasker- and I do a lot, but it is hard to maintain a physical fitness level with working full time and going to grad school. Perhaps if I aim at something small, and can attain that and maintain it, that will be enough.

Thanks for still being here!

I didn't do any yoga this weekend but i did an hour on the treadmill BOTH Saturday & Sunday.

Bridget: Nice to see you back! It's hard to make time to workout when you have so many other responsibilities but try and do ANYTHING! It will make you feel better and cope with all your other demands.

Posting to say that I didn't do anything this week- planning on a stretch tomorrow morning.

I am back to being a beginner again- I am about 3-4 lbs heavier than my status bar shows- haven't the heart to adjust it- but I want to come back.

Perhaps the smartest thing I did last summer was to preorder the new workouts download- I downloaded them this weekend- filled up the harddrive on my computer- and they look fabulous- especially intensity. There is a way to start slow with that one and work my way up. Anyway, I feel motivated to return to exercise again.

I picked Fitness Freak's beginner-intermediate-advanced rotation to get started:
http://cathe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236312

until tomorrow morning...

Bridget

Hi Bridget! Glad you are motivated again. Congrats on getting your new workouts.

I have been alternating yoga with the treadmill these days and i'm still doing weight watchers.

Hi all, it's been a while since I have been able to check in to see what has been happening. I am still running between 2 1/2 to 5 miles every day at lunch and I did manage to compete in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I must say, that felt like the longest flipping 5 miles I have ever run and I was just grateful to be able to run across the finish line. :D My boss, Margie is my running partner and has visions of doing a half marathon--I told her I wouldn't be running it with her as I am still waiting to have that "runner's high" hit me.

I went to 3 of my 4 yoga classes and really enjoyed it. The last class was restorative yoga, which I really enjoyed and I am looking for a good book that deals with that if anyone has any suggestions. There is a new fitness trainer who opened shop in the business complex where I work and I have been thinking about taking her boot camp classes. I don't know what they consist of, I need to check into it a little bit more. I find that my biggest problem right now since I have lost the weight is trying to tighten up everything that has been loose for so long! UGH!! :eek: I still have about 6# to go until I reach my goal and I am hoping to be able to get there by the end of December so I can make a new goal for the New Year!

Bridet and Elle: I am glad to see you are still posting on the site and with any luck I will be able to find more time to get on-line as I miss reading about each of your accomplishments and goals! I miss everyone and hope everyone is safe, heathy and happy.

Yesterday at my weight watchers meeting they launched the new points plus plan. I'm pretty excited about it since all fruit and most vegetables are now zero points. I also get more daily points as well as an increase in the weekly points allowance. Although fruit & veggies are free, the points values for other foods has increased so i have to recalculate the values for all the foods i knew all the points for. I'm pretty excited though and motivated to keep going.

I have a nasty cough and my throat feels so raw and sore. i sound like i swallowed a frog. As a result, I haven't done any physical activity since last week.:(

Jennifer: Great to hear from you! Look how much weight you have lost! Way to go! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your yoga classes.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.