40s - week of 9/25/11

Good Morning,

Tonite I am going to go for a walk with DD after work and then some abs. I was suppose to babysit tomarrow afternoon with a really good kid and now I am babysitting with the monster in the morning so my workout plans will be all screwed up love how family changes its mind at the last minute.

Jody-I used to be a big romance fan to now I prefer a good mystery thriller. Every once in a while I will read a romance for change.

Ronne-I completely understand on the computer problems.

Mary-its suppose to be in the upper 70's today. Alot of people are starting to get colds because the weather keeps changing.

So, I thought I would try a variety of the moves I have seen in the clips. I just have one questio, "what was I thinking?!" That stuff is hard - especially when you have been a slacker for as long as I have. Yikes. Well, at least I will feel proud and accomplished once I master the new dvd's. Of course that could take a bit but who's counting? :)

Roxie - I too used to read a lot of romance books then switched to mysteries. Now most of my reading is Clifford and Pinkalicious.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Murphy

DH and I went for our hike today. 6.5 miles, 2000 vertical ft. I had to wait for him going up :) He either needed to catch his breath or he said his heart was beating hard. He claims it's because he is 55 and I'm only 47, hey, give me some credit for all the working out I do!

Here's some pics:
Estes Cone 9/30/11 | Facebook

And below an attachment of me on top of the Estes Cone (you will see it in my pics from the bottom). In the background is the famous Longs Peak

Attachments

• 310112_2200331722578_1075834275_2426650_728327711_n(2).jpg
    310112_2200331722578_1075834275_2426650_728327711_n(2).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1
Today is a rest day. Yesterday's hiking really wiped me out (went to bed at 8pm!), plus I HAD to do some cleaning (that counts doesn't it?). Between work, working out and these hikes I haven't kept up with any of the light cleaning between maid visits.

What's everyone's weekend plans? Boys will be over again tomorrow (Sunday), they want to go shooting skeet I think, so they invited DH too and then we get to pay! Oh the joys of being a parent :)

Roxie, how was babysitting?

Mary, mowing? still? We delayed so long getting some professional care for our grass (has a fungus that is killing it in rings) that finally at the END of the season we are starting the treatment program, will have to keep up with it next year! Then we will be mowing for sure.

Ronne, I hate computer problems, thankfully DH handles them!

Jody, what have you been up to?

Murphy, how inventive to try out some of the moves!

have a great weekend everyone!

Hi girls! Today will do PS chest, shoulder's and tris. Lisa, I forgot about your hike! Hope you two had fun! I have never gone skeet shooting, that sounds like fun. Roxie, are you still warm? 45 here and a constant drizzle. Went to DS's race this am, came home miserable. Murphy, did you try the new moves were gliding discs? They all look so challenging! Jody, what have you been up to? Ronne, hope that computer is working. Well, gotta get my work out in , then we are going to the mall. Kids need new shoes. Mary

Good Morning,

I haven't worked out yet planning on doing BM 2 Upper Body and maybe some cardio feel like I am cardioed out this week.

Lisa-the kid was actually good today not crying or getting in to things. Sounds like you need a rest day.

Mary-its suppose to be 75 here today and its beautiful.

lol Murphy at "what was I thinking?" The moves look pretty challenging to me! Also, I loved reading kids books, at least most of the ones my kids liked.

Lisa, if your dh admitted that you were able to climb better b/c of working out, he might have to face his own lack working out consequences...

Mary, Roxie and Ronne, I hope you all are having a great weekend. (and your computer better soon, Ronne)

I did a 2 mile jog then a mile 30/30 Interval this aft...I planned on some wts, but at this point, I'm calling it a wash and I will take a fresh start to a new week tomorrow. I might go see a movie w/ my girls and my mom in the afternoon, so I'm going to crank out some more homework the rest of the night. It was a nice day for me, no one around, I did homework in my room in bed. I have clean house b/c when I came home on Fri my girls were mopping, cleaning and singing all the disney tunes on dd ipod. I finished the upstairs and we got all the laundry done, yay!

PS one of dogs ate 2 packs of gum from out of my backpack. I blamed Punkin, but I checked out Stumpy and sure enough, minty fresh breath....brat dog.

Good Afternoon,

DD and I went for a 4 mile walk this afternoon and I need to do a stretch later. We had to have the cable guy out again this morning hopefully its fixed now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.