Growing Belly Check-in Week of Sept 20th

melanalyus

Cathlete
PennStater/Allison - Sept. 20 (It's a boy!)
Dawncharlie/Dawn - Sept. 25 (It's a girl!)
Susank41/Susan - Oct. 13 (It's a girl!)
wendybdh/Wendy - Oct. 25 (waiting to find out sex!)
Sweetpea1/Jen - Nov. 9 (It's a boy!)
Dragonfly/Cee - Nov. 15 (It's a boy!)
luprisi/Priscilla - Dec. 5 (It's a boy!)
melanalyus/Melanie - Dec 15 (identical twin girls!)
23jimbeam/Christine - Dec. 15 (It's a boy!)
bunekneck/Raciela - Dec 23 (It's a girl!)
Krillie/Kristine - Feb 1

Melanie (2)---let me know your due date & we'll put you up here, k?

Good AM gals. Allison is still AWOL? She must be having some action! Hopefully with her precious bundle snuzzled all up to her. Oh man!! I can almost smell it. Can you?

Dawn, this most certainly will be your week! :D

I'm going to enjoy a quiet day with family today. I work M,W,F.......and have a dr's appt on Thursday with the new doctor. I'm really excited about seeing a new doctor & hoping he can address questions I have.

Waves to all!!!

I'm here, I'm here!!

Andrew Thomas C----- was born on Thursday night at 10:16 :) He gave us a bit of a fright, with the cord wrapped around his neck twice (fortunately, he always had a heart beat so no fears of any brain injury). He had some breathing issues and was taken to the NICU for x-rays and tests. Fortunately, it was all considered a "transitional delay." His breathing regulated, the small hole in his lung (which is common in all newborns apparently) is almost closed, no infections or problems. So he was discharged with me yesterday! Yay!!

He's a big boy (he looked like a giant next to all those precious little bundles in the NICU) -- 8 lbs. 5 oz, 21-3/4" long. I only had to push for 35 minutes, so it was a faster active labor this time. Whew!!!

Off to read the rest of last week's thread. BBL with personals :)

I haven't downloaded any pics yet, but will do so tonight.

Oh, DD is completely smitten. We've actually had to be careful because she wants to help *too much*. She has such a tender heart and so much empathy. Whenever he cries, she's right there with one of her toys or blankets, hoping it will make him feel better. She's such a sweet peanut :)

Oh, and can I just say...

I forgot how awesome it is to LAY ON MY STOMACH AND BACK!!

Of course, I still look 4 or 5 months pregnant (always a great look when you're NOT pregnant LOL), but just to have the freedom to lay on my stomach and my back -- oh, ladies -- it was heaven!!!

Oh you brat! I am jealous! Can't wait to lay on my stomach or back!

But....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so so happy for you that Andrew is healthy and home with you! Also that you only pushed for 35 minutes??? WOW! Great job momma! I cannot wait to see pictures of him! HOORAY!!!!!

I am so happy for you, Allison! Hooray! What a big baby. Whew. Glad that the pushign went well. It must feel great to see your toes! Cannot wait to see pictures!!!!

Congrats Allison! Whew, what a scare with the NICU Xrays and such. I'm glad everything is well. :D :D .......can't wait to see photos. :)

Alllison-congrats on baby Andrew!!!! Im sooo happy for you!!!! Can't wait to see some pics of him!

Dawn-are you ready?? Your are next!

Melanie-I hope you had a relaxing day.

Hey Jen and Christine!

We went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs today. It was cute. Im beat!

See you all tomorrow.

Susan, I'm beat too. I had a pretty rough day, energy-wise. It's scarying the beep out of me......b/c I have no idea how I'm going to handle my work week + a doctor's appt w/ 5 hour drive + normal family function this week. I feel like the babies are sucking all the energy right out of me... I'm so glad I got all the clothes ready for the girls & that their room is almost done. Maybe I'll somehow find some energy within? LOL

I worry about Wendy. I hope she's doing okay. I sure miss her on the forums. ;)

Melanie-I will send you some energy vibes!!! Do you think your new dr will give you a leave from work now??? You really need it!! Its not good for you or your girls to be under so much stress etc.

I saw that Wendy had commented on her facebook the other day. They moved her dad closer to her. I think shes doing fine.

Morning ladies! Slept pretty good despite aches and pains. Again, probably did too much this weekend. James's room is back to normal and DH hung the second shelf in his closet so we can store stuff in there now. Spent some time with mom yesterday at lunch and a very nice time. All in all had a great weekend. Actually, all weekends are great now that I'm not on call! :)

Melanie- Maybe you should see about that dr's note again. All this activity can't be good for the girls. Sending what little energy I have your way!

Hi Susan, Dawn, Mel2, Priscila, Christine and any others I missed!

Morning!
Jen-glad you slept good! I slept ok..been better, but sure has been worse!

Melanie-hope your day flies by!!

I walked a couple miles this morning. No workouts over the weekend so I needed a little movement today.

Gonna study and do chores..thats about it.
Everyone have a great day!!

Oh Allison, congratulations. Sorry for the scare, but I am so glad you are home and both of you are doing well.

I am sending labor vibes to Dawn and resting vibes to Melanie.

Hello to all!

Allison, congratulations girl!! Can't wait to see Andrew's pics
ahhhh, longing for those days when I can rest on my belly and my back without feeling out of breath!

Waves to all my preggo friends

Hi ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA for so long :eek:. Heidi and I were in Germany for 3 weeks to visit my parents and we just got back last Thursday. We are getting settled back in now.

I just had my 21 week appointment this week, so we had the big sonogram and it's a...

...BOY!!!

We are so excited!!! My DH already has 3 girls, so you can't imagine how thrilled he is! And everything else looked fine too, so it was an exciting morning.

In Germany, my dad and I did a lot of bike rides, so that were my workouts while I was there. I haven't worked out yet, since I am back, but I am thinking to start up tomorrow. I think I rested enough to get over the jet lag.

Allison - Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Mel - I hope you get a little energy boost to make it through the week. I am excited about your new Dr's appointment, hopefully everything is going well.

Susan - Great you got a walk in!

Sweetpea - It's always fun to work on the baby's room, isn't it.

Hi to everyone I missed!

Kristine :)

Hey Ladies!
HOpe everyone had a good day. I have had a burst of energy today and have gotten so much done with studying and around the house and walked again on the treadmill. I havent felt this good in a while! I even made fried chicken for dh..which I rarely do! He was so suprised. He was raised on southern cooking, but I never cook that way so its a nice little happy when he gets it.

Hi Kristine! Congrats on your boy!!!

Melanie-how did you day go? Did our vibes help at all??

I think I"ll go try and paint my toenails while we watch DWTS.

Hi to everyone!!!!

Okay, ladies -- getting really personal for a minute. I have a huge case of 'roid rage right now! OMG -- I had one hemerroid last delivery, but this time have 3. The Tucks pads and Tucks cream seem to be doing nothing to help. Any suggestions on what to do to lessen the pain and speed up the recovery of them?

Susan, you know what that say about that last burst of energy, right? It's a sign of early labor -- that last blast before the fatigue of having a newborn :)

Melanie, I hope you get the new OB ASAP. You shouldn't be doing that commute anymore :(

Jen, sounds like James' room is done!

Kristine, congrats on the boy!! Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your parents. :)

Dawn, are you ready?!?!

We're hanging tough here. Drew seems to be a laid back kid so far. He doesn't like to be cold (like when you change his diaper), but other than that, he doesn't complain (knock on wood). Looks like breastfeeding isn't going to work this time either (still no milk), but that's okay. Really, I was hoping to save the money this time (dang formula is so expensive!), but it is what it is.

Here are a few pics, if the link works.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=26c61cfd94

Last edited:
Morning!
Alllison, so sorry about your roids! I only had one after having Haley. They gave me some witch hazel pads at the hospital and it went away fast. Sorry I am of no help! The link just takes me to my facebook. I need to put you as a friend before I can go to your site.

Melanie-hope you got some good rest last night!

Dawn-are you still hanging in there with us??

morning Jen, Pricilla, Kristine, Cee!!

I slept pretty good and feeling perky again today! I go to the dr at 130 today, but Im pretty sure I havent progressed beyond what I was last week.

My goal is to do a short workout this morning, read a chapter in Sociology, then run errands after my appt.

BBL

Good morning ladies! Didn't sleep that great but oh well. Going to the hospital today to pre-register.

Allison- Sorry about the roids. I've never had one (knock on wood) so I don't know what to tell ya.

Susan- Hope you get good news at the dr! Can you send some energy my way today? I am dragging....

Melanie- Hang in there girl! Hope you are getting some rest!

Krille- Congrats on the boy! That is an exciting time!

Sorry I have been MIA the last part of the week. Busy, Busy..

Allison -- Congratulations!!!!

Melanie -- I was reading the posts from last week, I was so shocked that the MD wouldnt give you a note. I am very relieved to see this week that you are trying a new practice. I hope it goes well, plus it is a shorter commute. So, it sounds like a possible win-win!!

Kristie -- I am glad you had a good trip! And Congrat's for @ the boy!!

Good morning to everyone else : )

I had my first prenatal RN appt yesterday, my approx due date is 5/11 and I have my first US appt 10/1. I cannot wait!! I just want to get past the last this US and know that there is a heartbeat and everything is ok so far. Every time I have a twinge or light cramp I get concerned, even though I know that it is normal right now as long as no bleeding.

Someone asked me last week (I think Jen) about my job since I work 24hr shifts. I am an acute care nurse practitioner at Duke in the neuroscience ICU. I do work 26-28hr shifts but I only work 6- 7 per month. So, it isn't so bad.

Have a good day everyone.
Mel2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.