Got my TIMESAVER DVD

Tamrahan

Cathlete
Just got my Cathe's Timesaver DVD that I ordered last week and there was a couple of little surprises included thougt I'd share and I'll probably get flamed.

The first was a nifty little cookbook from MR FOOD that has about 10 recipes in it. Some look very good. ALL are featuring EB eggs but in light of the thread about Cathe joining forces with EB and the possibility of there being chicken abuses etc I may be a rebel and use another brand of egg or maybe better'n'eggs. Anyway this was very cool I thought Thankyou Cathe.

The second surprise was a 50 cent off coupon on EGGLANDS BEST eggs. Not sure I'll use that because of abused chickens.

After this it may get a little controversial so for the faint of heart you may want to abandon this thread now. :D

The third (not so good IMO) surprise was another little booklet about EGGLANDS BEST eggs. Can't tell you what it is about though because it is written in SPANISH. NO ENGLISH VERSION? WT_? I don't read spanish because, well I am in America and I only speak english. If I , say moved to France, I would expect myself to learn the french language. I would not expect that country to turn itself all upside printing english on everything from labels on toilet paper to flying the American flag just for me. :mad:

The next thing you know we'll be ditching the America DOLLAR and going to the AMERO. Oh wait that's supposably in the works.

I'll probably get flamed for this but so be it.
My DH and I were driving last week and saw a green chevy truck. The truck had one of those back window picture thingy's that take up the entire back window and it was of the mexican flag. I don't get it. They want to come here to get away from Mexico because it's so bad there-no jobs, corrupt government etc. but then they come here and fly the mexican flag:confused:.

I wonder if Cathe might ship to other countries besides the US and you just got a different version by accident?

It makes me mad

I'll probably get flamed for this but so be it.
My DH and I were driving last week and saw a green chevy truck. The truck had one of those back window picture thingy's that take up the entire back window and it was of the mexican flag. I don't get it. They want to come here to get away from Mexico because it's so bad there-no jobs, corrupt government etc. but then they come here and fly the mexican flag:confused:.[/QUOTE]

ITA and have been saying this for YEARS

So how do you feel about St. Patrick's Day celebrations and other displays of one's cultural heritage?

Just because someone moves to another country because of work/family, whatever, doesn't mean that they can't have pride in their heritage. Wow. Just wow.:confused:

Being a nurse for 20 years , I've learned to love diversity and think it's great to have different cultures and languages in our country.

The only "issue" I see with people NOT learning English, which is the dominant language in this country, is not being able to communicate in a hospital when they are sick. It's very hard for both the patient and the care givers...

So how do you feel about St. Patrick's Day celebrations and other displays of one's cultural heritage?

It doesn't really compare because this guy is driving around in his truck displaying the Mexican flag 365 days per year. There was no holiday last week.

St Patty's day is a one day event, Cinco de Mayo is a one day event, Oktoberfest is a 16 day festival. Fine to celebrate these. Some do even if they are not Mexican, Irish, German they do just to have an excuse to party.

If I moved to another country I would adopt that country. I would definitly not drive around everyday waving the American flag everywhere I went. As some countries are anti american that could get me killed.

Just because someone moves to another country because of work/family, whatever, doesn't mean that they can't have pride in their heritage. Wow. Just wow.:confused:

I have pride that I am of German heritage. But I have more pride that I am American. I don't go around flying the German flag. If I'm going to fly a German flag I should go to Germany. I'm in America. I should fly the American Flag. Wow. Just wow. :confused:

Just curious...have you ever been outside the U.S.?

Yes I have. Mexico, Canada (although to be fair this was a layover, so I was only actually in the airport), Germany, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, France and I did not fly the American flag, not once.

Last edited:
Too bad a coupon for the DVD run of All in the Family wasn't included. ;)

I am not a bigot. I have black friends, Jewish friends and a mexican friend who incidentally does not understand it either. I think it's fine to celebrate your heritage. In October I think it would be ok to display a german flag in my home or have a little german flag at a festival but IMO it would not be ok for me to display it in say July. I guess I'm old school and since my Grandfather fought in WWII risking his life for this country I'm going to display the American flag.

OMG!!!!!
My threads been rated by 6 people! My first ever. I've hit the bigtime. :cool:

(ok. I was the 6th and I gave me a 5 btw.;))

I just want to add. Sorry if I offended anybody. I just can not help but being worried sick about the state that our country is in. Not only for myself but my friends, relatives, people I don't even know ie YOU, animals that will be abandoned because thier owners won't be able to afford to feed themselves let alone thier pets. It's not this guys fault driving around in his p/u, it's not Cathe's fault for sending me a spanish copy of a phamplet.
I'm truly worried to the extent I'm having bad dreams about losing my job and becoming homeless. I guess since I have experienced both I will never feel secure.

Tami - How do you know how many people have rated a thread? Is there a counter somewhere?

Step back out to the main page and rest your cursor on the 2 stars displayed. It will say this thread rated (now 9) votes 2.33 average.

People drive around and display all sorts of things on their cars. I see people with american flags on their windows all the time, I've even seen Italy. The whole beauty of our country is that we are able to display ourselves in ways like that. Maybe the guy has Mexican heritage and his family was from there and he was proud. Nothing wrong with that. There are always two ways to look at things and I'll never settle for a one sided opinion. Living in southern california about 90 minutes from the border, I may just be immune to things like this, but it doesn't bother me.

What does bother me are those dumb laker flags....:p;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.