We're filming!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we will be filming this March (most likely on the 5th and 6th). Here is what's happening:

The Step Company has asked us to film a couple of beginner DVD's to include with their products. Of course we always want to keep our loyal customer base happy so we are also going to film one ADVANCED DVD for you.

The Step Company DVD's.....

DVD #1.....This BEGINNER and INTERMEDIATE DVD for use on regular step will feature....

30 minutes of all step aerobics(beginner level)
45 minute step and weight circuit (intermediate level)
20 minute upper body toning workout (beginner to intermediate)
20 minute lower body toning workout (beginner to intermediate)
10 minute ab routine (beginner to intermediate)

DVD #2..........This BEGINNER to INTERMEDIATE DVD will feature a 50 to 60 minute HIGH STEP circuit workout.

DVD #3..........Our ADVANCED DVD for our customers....This DVD will be a HIGH STEP CIRCUIT which will be similar in format to that of Boot Camp however the differences will be as follows:

1) Longer cardio...about 2 minutes vs the one minute of Boot Camp

2) The cardio will use the HIGH STEP....the HIGH STEP will be lowered to 6 inches for the cardio blasts

3) The leg work that follows the cardio will also use the HIGH STEP at multiple heights (never exceeding 14 inches) with various exercises

4) There will be an all core bonus segment at the end for those who would rather do core in this manner vs circuit style.

We have about 30 minutes of extra time and are asking what you would like to see included as an added bonus. Keep in mind that this would be footage that would be used to include with our premixes to compliment your HIGH STEP workout.

I am also curious, would you like this workout to feature minimal equipment or various pieces of equipment. Right now, I have found that a loaded barbell and two sets of hand weights (3 pound and 8 pound)have been working nicely in my High Step classes.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Please list them right here vs going to the suggestion forum :)

WOW!!! All I can say is WOW!!!:D

Actually I can say one more thing...I like the use of equipment. I think I'm in the minority here, but I would like some more medicine ball work.

Hi!

I just have a question about the beginner/int DVDs. Will we be able to purchase them seperately or will we have to buy a Step Co product to get them?

Thanks!
Laura

I am also a fan of equipment - especially medicine and stability balls. As far as the bonus section, I know lots of people have been posting that they want to see more interval workouts (like IMAX1 and 2). Maybe it would be possible to do a 30 minute all interval workout using the high step - you would probably have to keep it between 6 and 8 inches, but you could do some cool new moves since the high step is obviously a lot shorter in length than the regular step. Just an idea :)

I would like to ask for no upper body circuits at all in this advanced workout - it tends to lower the heart rate too much during a circuit workout.

Here is what I would prefer to see:

30 min consisting of 5 intervals - either in kickbox or hi/lo style, this way you wouldn't have to use the club length step at all in this video.

-or-
10 min of step, 10 min of kickbox, 10 min of hi/lo

-or-
30 min of hi/lo, then there could be an all cardio premix or a hi/lo leg circuit premix.

Edited to include that I personally loved the variety of lower body moves in Boot Camp (barbell, med ball, dumbbells,). If the vote is for less equipment, then I would like to suggest just a barbell as heavy lower body work keeps the heart rate up during circuit workouts!

AND SUPER INTENSE PLEASE!
CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

:7 I LOVE the stability ball along with everything else! The basic, versatile, good quality exercise toys you normally use add to the fun, in my opinion. I think it's safe to say, we can't wait!

Hi Cathe,
I'm very happy that you are doing workouts featuring the high step because it is my favorite piece of equipment. I'm voting for MINIMAL EQUIPMENT. I really prefer workouts with only a barbell and dumbells. If you do choose to include stability balls and medicine balls, I hope that you will show modifications for those of us without those things. :) Thanks for letting me voice my opinion!

Cathe!

Wow! This is exciting news! I, too, hope we can purchase the beg./int. step workout separate from the step and/or high step (since I already own both!). I'm so choreo challenged and find learning the more complex choreo difficult. Heck, I hope we can purchase all of the workouts separately!

Uses of multiple pieces of equipment is no problem with me. I like variety.

Sorry, I don't have much input on the extra footage. Whatever it is, it will be awesome!

Take care!

Vickie;-)

My questions are along the same line as Laura's is. Will we be able to purchase just the DVD's without having to purchase any additional products from the Step Co., or will they make us buy their products in order to receive the DVD's? How much will it cost? And how is the Step Co. going to distribute the DVD's? On their website, your website, or select retailers? Will you have a presale on these DVD's on your website? I'm sure your loyal fans would love to buy these DVD's from you without being required to buy additional products just to get these DVD's. Thanks.

Cathe,
If you could include more hi intensity kickboxing I would be in heaven. Your KPC is my most used workout ever. Love it!
:)

I KNEW that's why you were silent for so long, Miss Cathe!

THANK YOU!

Love love LOVE the longer cardio segments. Please have a cardio-only premix, pretty please?

Love love love the core-only segment at the end; I prefer to 'Turn On My Core" all at once!

The simpler the equipment the better: Barbell, handweights and stability ball are just fine in addition to the step.

Love love athletic moves . . . plyo anything, squat-thrust climbers AND variations, sequential power kicks, cross-body knee smashes, ice breakers and power hops and plie jacks, 3-count over-the-top with a squat at the bottom (a la I-Max 2), my beloved straddle-taps and power squats with a turn, explosive lunges . . . ooohhh, I'm getting all excited here.

I'm into serious, serious cardio for 2K4, so however you can make my eyeballs bleed, I thank you.

A-Jock

Wow, that is awesome. I can't wait to see these workouts. And I think even your loyal advanced customers will jump at your beginner/intermediate workouts... we all need something for our off days or when we're recoving from injuries.

I agree with using various kinds of equipment AND with doing a very intense interval-like cardio for the extra 30 minutes. Can't get enough of the IMAXs :D

Sara

Oh no, I have only just started collecting your workouts and now there's more on the way! Seriously though, I would love to see more kickboxing. As for equipment, the fewer and simpler, the better I reckon.

I'd also like to know whether the beginners workouts can be purchased separately :)

Josie

Hi Cathy!

It would be great to see more medicine ball work, and maybe some more tough, traditional abs, in addition to the core work that seems to be featured lately. I love the new stuff, but sometimes a few exercises of traditional abs always feels good!

Cathe, I must say I was absolutely blown away by your post! Mainly because you just came out with a new series. You are spoiling us, you know this don't you?
Anway, I like Jillybeans idea, especially the kickboxing part. That would be wonderful!
Thank you for asking our opinions. You're the best!

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.