Lurker's Invitation

janiejoey

Cathlete
This will be the last time to change over from month to month. Now, we can continue with our posts, without interruptions. Yeah!

Joey and I did Meso Chest & Back disc 31 yesterday. I'm back to 25#;s in ea, hand with flys. 65 #'s bench presses, and 30 pounds for rows.

Laura, So sorry to hear about the lingering cold. I always say, that if colds lasts longer than 2 weeks, then it's time to see a doctor, because well, it's just time. Maybe they can help. I'm glad you had a recovery week, it must have helped some.

We got a little derailed from Thanksgiving, but not too badly. We've been lucky to get our exercises in and used Thanksgiving as our rest day.

How was New Moon? I loved the book series! Sounds like you had a leisure walk with friends and family. It must have been nice.

Puppy's are just like baby's. Maybe you can catch up on your sleep later. So sorry, you didn't have enough sleep. You need it! Very frustrating, I know. Have a good nap.

Shoegal, I have days like that when Joey and I just are not on the same page. Miss understanding, assumptions...can take their toll on ones patience. Hang in there. Thank God it's not everyday! Enjoy your alone time, but not for too long. LOL

I like the idea of taking pictures of our holiday decorating stuff. Good idea. Lets do it.

Take care everyone, will talk later,

Janie

Last edited:
Well - I did Jari Love's Get Ripped Slim and Lean. I generally like the workout but my overall impression is a curious one. I'm not sure what to think of Jari Love - she is very, very low key - and talks as if she is 100% scripted offering up little bits and pieces of motivational advice throughout the workout. It doesn't ever seem as if you are working out with a friend like with Cathe - but with a personal trainer who only wants to get down to business and doesn't bother with chit chat. She has a lovely sclupted body though. Weights throughout were light and fast - worked one body part at a time & she constantly varied the count. It was set up so they showed you exactly what you'll be doing - (some guy who wasn't in the workout demonstrated the exercise beforehand) then they came back to the group, started and seconds later while into the exercise showed you how much weight everyone was using. I liked knowing what I'd be doing. There are a couple of workouts when Cathe doesn't tell me what is next - and then she gets her weights - and I'm lost. I suppose a workout sheet would really help with that but I've never been one to do it. The set was dark and extremely (yawn) B-O-R-I-N-G! It just seemed sort of gloomy in there with them. There wasn't any witty banter to liven it up either.

Managed to get most of the TG stuff put away - there are some pieces I'm clueless as to what to do with them. They are oddly shaped and don't fit into any of the boxes I have left. I again overestimated the amount of work I'd be able to get done in a night. Managed to do just that much. Looking at the rest of my week my decorating doesn't look like it's gonna get done. :( I'm sure I'll manage but now I'm just wondering when it will happen?????

We have laminated flooring in the office - it is slippy - more so than the real wood flooring that is in the living space. My girls tip toe on that floor afraid that all four legs will go sliding. It is really funny to watch. I went into the back room to put away the boxes - Dot went out with me but when I came back into the office she didn't want to walk back into the room on that floor. I was trying to push her out but she wouldn't budge. I left her out there - a minute later when I opened the door she tip toed back in.:)

Janie: Your weights sound super heavy - wow - good for you. I love that you and Joey work out together - that is probably a ton of fun. I think you are the only one in this forum who gets to work out with their husband. Well, Rex will be home tonight - things will be better for sure - we generally miss each other when we're apart. Time away sometimes resets everything.

Ok - gee - I'm tired. I'd love to take a nap. Hope everyone is having a good week!!

Well I am really down for the count!:mad: I was feeling better yesterday, subbed the morning class, and then did the Chest & Back P90X workout and a 12 minute ab workout by Debbie Seibers, a video at the Rec Center. I choose to do that instead of the Ab Ripper X, just because I was getting bored with it, not that it isn't a good ab workout but it is the same darn workout 3 days a week, month after month. And then I decided to get the H1N1 vaccine, they were doing it for free at the Rec Center, I told them I had a cold and they said it would be fine.....and don't you know it by last evening I felt absolutely awful. My nose won't stop running, my eyes tearing, that awful tickle and sneezing! Still feel horrible and to top it all off got my period this morning with terrible cramping!:mad::mad:I mean come on really???

Sorry to vent but so mad to feel so bad!!! I am soooo busy this month with Christmas around the corner. And now I can't workout either, my avenue for keeping sane! Plus I can't work!! UGH! Not to mention the skiing I am missing!

I read your workout posts and they made me feel jealous and a little panicky!:eek: But Janey I am so impressed with your weights and like Shoegal said you are lucky to workout with your man. I keep on my DH to try the P90X series, I think I am making some head way, time will tell though. The movie is good, not as good as the book of course. Jacob sure is a handsome boy, and my goodness the body on him! Beautiful! Although it makes me feel like a cougar to say that, he is obviously so very young!:eek:

Shoegal: I have seen some clips of Jari and had the same impression as you did, although lots of people seem to like her. Personally her body is unappealing to me, way to skinny, although it is probably just her body type, I just don't find it attractive....which is good since I don't have her body type, not by a long shot!!:p Did you have a fight with your hubby? I will have to go back and see what I missed...

I wanted to elaborate for a second...see I have been debating cutting the P90X rotation down by 2 weeks so I could get my 1RM's done to start STS on the first, but now that I am sick and will miss at least today and maybe tomorrow's workout if not more, I am doubting I will do that. I will have to wait and see how I feel though... I am missing the Plyometrics today, which I was really looking forward to, it wasn't in the rotation last month, and I really like that workout.....ugh I guess I am having a hard time with not being able to workout but way to sick to push it, I would hate to get pneumonia, which a friend told me last night she had a bad cold that turned into pneumonia and she is just now getting back on her feet, 2 months later! Yikes! I guess I am trying to be good, to sick not to just lay around really but hating every second of this and need support!!

Hi everyone. Thanks Janie for starting the new thread.

I missed checking in yesterday, so I've got to days to report on. If I remember correctly yesterday morning I did rhythmic step (yup--that's right) and this morning was powerhour. I don't care what anyone says, powerhour is a tough workout. By the time I got to the bicep work, my arms were doing that quivering thing and I'm thinking, great, still got triceps to go after this. Cathe goes kind of fast on the biceps. I kept my reps slower on the first round and then kicked down my weight amounts so I could keep up on the speed. It wasn't my best bicep day--I seem to have good days and bad days with them--but still a good workout. Ripken likes to join me right at the end of the workout. He's funny because he will sprawl out next to my weights like he is so exhausted from all the exercise. My DH looked at him this morning and just shook his head and laughed. What a goof ball.

Janie: your weight amounts are inspiring. Must be something about you Washington State gals. You and Shadowpup lift some major weight amounts.

Then I went into the 'burg and got my hair colored and cut. Left my hairdresser and came back up the road to Quantico to pick up some work materials then on it to work. It's pouring rain here again. I'm not sure when the ground will ever really dry out again. We've been getting alot of rain coming up from the Gulf then over to the coast--could be a long winter if we get a coastal storm and it is cold enough for snow. Ick.

Shoegal: I got quite the laugh from your laundry detergeant story. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but it seemed so typical. Once, my DH put regular DAWN dishwashing soap in the dishwasher. OMYGOSH, what a mess. There were soapsuds everywhere. Of course, I got to deal with his mess although he was apologetic. Sometimes, you just have to roll with life and laugh (the laughing is usually much later, though;)).

Laura: hope you are resting and getting well.

Shadowpup: hello.
~michelle

Hello out there!!!

Yesterday - :D I did Christy Taylor's Totally Cool Step. Well, let me tell you - this step was "TOTALLY COOL." LOVED this workout!!!! I got all of the combinations first time through. Funny thing was I was watching a bit of it and thought - geeze - I'm never going to get this. Christy is a near perfect cuer - she made it easy - and it was just tons of fun. I absolutely loved the workout. I'm not sure to be upset about the lack of learning time needed - sometimes this makes a workout more thrilling to me - Mastering something very complicated. Christy also seems to have a great personality unlike Jari Love - as I said - very dry. She reminds me of Kari Anderson alot - I have to seek out more of her workouts!!! DH has been after me for ideas for Christmas - and since I've been outed in my family as a "vidiot" he is one of the few I can get to buy me workout videos as gifts. Maybe he can be convinced I am in desperate need of her workouts!! ;):rolleyes:

Laura - so sorry this cold has taken over - you do need your rest - working out right now is not a good idea. You need to let your body get the rests it needs in order to right itself. Take the time off!!! The rotation will be there when you get back. Once I was trying to complete the Firm's 90 Day rotation - I was so strict with it because I didn't want to miss not one day. Sometimes I would work out really late so as not to miss if something prevented me from getting to it. Then I realized near the end - why was I killing myself to work out on the day they say? - the rotations are guidelines - sometime circumstances do get in the way and you have to work around them - not beat yourself up!! Give yourself a break - you must take care of yourself.

Michelle - I agree PowerHour is a very good workout and sometimes more doable. I think that it isn't as tough as some of Cathe's other total body workouts that people tend to downplay how effective it is. I really like it - it has almost no dread factor for me. Oh well - I'm trying to be kinder to DH. He told me to quit yelling at him - and I told him - stop doing things that I need to yell at you about!!!! :rolleyes: But while he was gone I turned off the ceiling fans he feels he needs to run night & day. They create this unplesant cold breeze that I hate. I even turned up the heat!! I was living large. In he came - the heat went down and the celing fans on. I have to freeze to make him comfortable - doesn't seem right now does it? I seriously don't know what to do to fix that problem.

Ok - need to get going. It's December - there is so much still to do!!! There is my Holiday anxiety again!!!

Hello out there - hope everyone is doing well.

Last night DH had some people over to conduct some business. I didn't want to participate in the entire thing because well - it disrupts my routine but there didn't seem to be any way out of it. There was a little wine going around and I didn't have but a couple sips from DH's glass. I was waiting for everyone to leave so I could workout. Well by that time it was quite late and I actually changed and started. A little bit into it I felt so terribly sleepy - I could barely keep my eyes open. I told myself - well - after 35 minutes I can stop if I want. I did unfortunately but I had to go to bed. Oh - I did Jari Love again - it isn't a bad workout - like I said I just think it is going to take some getting used to - so I was getting used to it.

I hope everyone is doing well - Laura I hope you have your cold under control!!! I'll check back later to see how everyone is. :D

Hi everyone,
Somehow, I've gotten very busy this week. I tried to post yesterday and things just froze up, then I never got back. Workouts first: yesterday was Stretch Max routines 1 and 2. I'm finding that having a day devoted to a good stretch at least every couple of weeks is quite beneficial. Today was Step Jam. This is one of sister's favorite step workouts so I had to put it in the rotation for the month. Tomorrow is Body Max--the whole thing. Rather than going timesaver this month, I'm trying to keep with the normal 60-70 minutes of exercise on the weekdays and then a good long workout on Saturdays.

Janie: Thanks so much for the soap. Haven't tried it yet. It's half-way to the shower. Need to get a bar in there! DH was impressed that you make your own soap and were kind enough to send it, gratus.

Shoegal: you have a fan man. My husband likes to have the ceiling fans on but only in one room at a time. My only suggestion is wear layers. That's what I do: tights, pants, undershirt, turtleneck, fleece. Sometimes I have 3 layers on in the house, at which point my DH usually asks me why I just don't turn up the heat. Will have to check out Christy Taylor. Thanks for the enthusiastic endorsement. How would you compare her to Cathe?

Laura: hope you are feeling better.

Shadowpup: Hi--hope you are not working too hard.

~michelle

Shoegal, Love Jari Love, (LOL:D) she is very good with endurance exercises and they are not easy. Good job. The best of course is Cathe. But it doesn't hurt at all to confuse the body, so the more you exercise differently the better. As long as you push yourself through them. You really don't want to use the weight the instructors are using, you want to use the weight that is good for you. So writing them down would be essential if you want to workout to your capacity. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

I will only decorate the tree,this year that's all. Have too many things going on for any more. Just not going to worry about it. Oh, I sure do want to see how you decorate. I bet it's so beautiful!

Joey and I do have fun exercising together. In fact when we are all done with our Meso's he has a little thing afterwords, that we call Joey's ab work. We only do what Joe says to do. It's so cute. You have to know, that Joey loves to control, and this way he can. You just have to let them be themselves sometimes. LOL

I understand about needing space with your partner, it's sometimes a must.

Have a nice nap.

Laura, I hear ya wanting to do something different for exercising. I'd do the same thing in your situation. So sorry that you got H1N1. That's awful! You must have had a low grade fever. I never would have given you the shot with your cold. That's not right. Try to get rest and drink liquids. Hope you feel better soon. It will be no time at all when you can get back into things. Just rest for now and try not to worry about stuff.

Can't wait to see that young body in New Moon. ;)LOL It sounds like a good movie, but you are right, it most likely won't be as good as the book. They usually aren't.

I can tell you are ready to move on from P90X. Do it! There is no since in doing something you don't want to do. Go on to your next project, there is nothing wrong in doing that. Get your 1RM's in and get ready for it. They are workout in themselves, believe me. Have fun doing that, but be well first, really. You need to rest so your body can heal it's self. Take that time. I recommend 2 weeks. Sounds too long but I think you need it.:(

How is your friend with GERD? Is she still only eating soup and crackers?

Joey and I will be doing Meso legs today. Hate legs, but we have to do them anyway. They are hard!

I have to go, but will finish up with personals later today. Have some pressing things to do and can't get out of them.

Janie

Michelle, Power Hour is a tough workout and I like to hear how you modify that's right for you, rather decreasing or increasing or even adjusting. Good job. I think it's normal to have good days and bad days. Could be a person ate too much, not enough, not enough sleep...any number of things. It's normal. Ripken is such a character. Please give him a hug for me. We've been having beautiful weather, I don't know why, but we are sure enjoying it.

Shoegal, I Love Christy ! Her cuing is the best by far of anyone. And she is tough. Love it! Do get more of her workouts, you won't be sorry. All of them are great.

Good job on Jari Love again. She is kinda dry, and plastic, but she's good at endurance. But then, so is Cathe.:rolleyes:

Michelle, Good job on your workouts. I need stretches in-between too. You and your sister are doing great on those exercises. I'm proud of ya. Enjoy the soap, thank you for the compliments.

I guess today was a rest day. Just too much going on, and didn't do it today. O well, there's tomorrow.

Janie

Hi All,

How's everyone doing? It's a busy time isn't it?

Joey and I are going to Oregon to collect more message rocks for our YinYang garden beside our house.

We decided to stop exercises until we get back home. We will leave tomorrow and will come back on Wedn.

Take care, have great workouts, and try not to be so darn busy. LOL

Janie

Hi all!

Janie, yes, seems like life kicked into high gear this week, doesn't it!

And, it is my birthday! I'm spending the day doing the last few outdoor chores (it's cold, but we are between snows), and I may get Atreides out if I hurry. So, more later! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

HI everyone. Yes, it is a busy time of year. BUT, not too busy to do Body Max--the whole dang 91 minutes--somehow that workout seems to be getting a little "easier" on the step and circuits. That means I need to kick up the weight amounts most likely. Have to take a look at my weight log and mull that over.

Laura: wow, do you really have H1N1? That stinks. We seem to be having a new round of people out sick at work. I'm washing my hands like crazy. And I'm hoping my regular flu shot is helping to ward off the germs. Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Shadowpup: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Celebrating your day with a horse ride sounds great. We are also getting a little snow, but it is very wet. Won't last. But it is going to freeze over night. Just not a cold weather kind of gal.

Got my Christmas tree decorated today. I just have to string my inside garland and decorate the mantle and I'm pretty much good to go with the decorating. My spare bedroom is another thing. Got lots of stuff in there just sitting on the bed that I need to bag/box up and take to Goodwill. That's tomorrow's task. Also need to get my Christmas shopping done. Got a start the other night on ShopCathe.

Janie: have a good time in Oregon. We look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Shoegal: looked like Pittsburgh was getting a little winter weather today as well. Hope you are hanging in there.

Michelle

Michelle, thanks for the happy birthday wishes! And you are making me feel guilty ... so far no decorations up 'round here, although I did send out those home-made Christmas cards from Shutterfly. Perhaps next weekend, since tomorrow it's off to Hawaii :eek::eek::eek: and I need to pack ... The timing for this trip is great for me, as I'm also not really a cold weather person. It is supposed to get to ONE degree on Wednesday, here. The wind has picked up, too. Oh well ... poor DH will have to manage somehow. But there's a nice big fire going in the great room and that makes a huge difference. Great job on BodyMax! That's one of the toughest! Partly the workout and partly the 90 minute timing. Do you happen to have a weighted vest, by the way? One nice way to kick things up a bit is to start wearing one, or put on weighted gloves and wear them the full time. Even another 2-5 pounds that's constantly on your body for 90 minutes makes a difference in intensity, and 10 pounds will have you feeling that step in a whole 'nother way. The advice I got was not to wear the vest during deadlifts, to work up slowly, and to avoid going more than ten percent of body weight for cardio (I go higher than that for strength).

Shoegal, what a story on the detergent! Isn't it funny how certain kinds of messes turn into one person's problem??? No matter who made them??? Here, I get the animal messes. If anyone is sick on the carpet, or catches a mouse and leaves bits around, or needs medicine and shots, it's in my court. And, if something is broken, even if it is a fence in the pasture or a coffee carafe that I dropped, it is up to DH to fix. You are making me realize that I take quite a bit for granted in that department!

Janie, I think your soap came! I am going through the mail that arrived last week and noticed a package. It gets opened as soon as I finish posting. Thanks so much for sending :D:D:D Real home made soap is brand new treat!

Laura, very sorry to hear your symptoms are lingering. Definitely don't let it turn to pneumonia. The walking pneumonia kind really creeps up on those of us who have busy lives and prefer to tough out sickness. I know, because once I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia in June, which we think arose from a series of flus in the fall. One day I was walking up the slight hill from the road to our house (a quarter mile), and all of a sudden found myself waking up on the ground ... it was two weeks strictly bed rest and months after before I was back to normal. I hated that :mad::mad::mad: And imagine if it had been winter when that happened. Of course I am every bit as bad, because I'm convinced my own flu is gone enough to keep a regular schedule again. :eek:

All, I had a terrific birthday! Very low key. Got the rosebush cut back (it's eight feet tall and was six feet wide and dense - covered one of the walkways that I normally shovel - and now it is still eight feet tall but down to a foot wide at the base. Has a nice look to it that way, sprays of red rose hips against the snow. Atreides and I had a great ride, too, but it was a challenge to get him out of the pasture safely. Picante was absolutely furious. He wanted to go. I've never seen him so angry; he was chomping his big teeth in the air at Atreides where I'd tied him just outside the pasture, making horrible faces. And then he'd kind of push his face in my direction and put his sweetest expression on, asking for a head rub, begging to come out. I could hardly stand up for laughing. You could almost see Devil horns sprouting, and then turning into an Angel halo, like a Disney cartoon. BTW, Atreides knew he was safe and just stood there out of reach, smugly looking down his nose. It had to be just Atreides, though. The wind was up, it was brisk, and the footing was chancy. Only Atreides has the sense to stay safe if there's bad footing at a point where he gets startled. But I had to spend a little time in the wind, afterwards, explaining to the other boys that yes they were special too. Today it is too cold to go out at all except to feed, and a very short walk with the dogs. Brrr!

And for fun I decided to set two more PRs in squats and deadlifts. The combination of one day of heavy lifting and one day of isometric legs in a ten day period is really great for that! I was up to 146 in squats (4 sets of 7), and 136 in deadlifts (2 sets 7, and 1 set of 4, when my grip began to slip).

More later, I'm being called for waffles!

Last edited:
An important day in U.S. history today: Pearl Habor day. I had to take a little time to reflect this morning on how that event changed this country. I hope teachers are spending some time today talking about this with our children. History is so important.

And, so is exercise. This morning was IMAX. One of those major huff-n-puff cardio workouts. Thank goodness, it goes by so quickly. I didn't feel the major fatigue start to pull until the 10th interval, so it was nice that I mentally had to convince myself that it really was the last round and then time for a stretch. But boy, that last blast is a major challenge.

Shadowpup: your horses are so sweet. They truly love their mom. The call for waffles sounds pretty good. I love waffles, but can't eat too much of the freshly made ones, they are always sweeter on my palate than I can handle. Or maybe it's the richness. Not sure. But they are still yummy. Enjoy Hawaii--sounds like great timing for the trip. 1 degree. Ouchy.

Got a good lick of my Christmas shopping done this weekend. Thank goodness for the internet. And I discovered today that I need to take another day off to get my leave down to the normal limit. What a hardship--I think I will manage.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Hi to Shoegal and Laura.
~michelle

Hope

Hi All -

Well - this weekend I was sooooo looking forward to getting a good bit of my decorating done. I was able to unpack a good bit of the boxes - I set a rather small goal of just 5 boxes - but exceeded that. Unfortunately, there are still tons more to go!!!! I pulled out all of these things and just didn't have a good idea of where it should be placed but it is unpacked and that is the first step. Outside is almost completely finished - one more wreath to go!! We changed our outside decorations this year - and I just love it now. DH went and picked out a tree - but we are waiting to cut it down and bring it home. He says its too early to put it up. No matter - there is still plenty of other stuff to do.

Michelle - good job on your exercises - Body Max and IMAX - whoa - those are tough workouts - it makes me think about doing one of them tonight. Many times a little of the dread factor creeps in for me with Body Max because it is so long -but once you get into the thick of it - the tail end of it goes pretty quickly. I'm envious that you have so much done already for Christmas - I still have tons of shopping to do!!!

Shadowpup - Happy Birthday!!!! Sometimes a nice low key birthday is the best!!! My DH has this way of announcing to everyone wherever we go that it is my birthday and I just hate that!!! I ask him to please just keep it quiet - I don't need the world to know :eek:. A good horse ride sounds fantastic - your horses sound just wonderful - you should post some pictures - I would love to see them.

Janie - Have a good time in Oregon - we'll be here when you get back. It sounds so nice to get away a little bit and with Joey.

Laura - I'm going to read past posts to see if you said that you have H1N1 - I didn't think I read that??!:confused: I know you sound you were really down for the count - but I didn't think you said that. Either way I just hope you are better. Hopefully, you can give us a quick update. I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

I will be going - I'm toying with doing Christy Taylor again - just loved that workout!!!

Step fit this morning. I wasn't feeling real up for exercise, but I had the clothes on and the shoes, the water bottle was sitting in its spot, and the step miraculously moved into the middle of the room. 5 minutes in and I was a happy girl. Funny how that happens sometimes.

Shoegal: you sound like you are on a whole different level of decorating than me. I'm in go slow mode right now, but you seem to be on full speed ahead. Do you get your tree from a tree farm? My dad planted a bunch of Christmas trees a number of years ago, thinking it would be nice to have them so family members could cut them down. Ha! That's not happening. The trees are quite good sizes now, and I think they are just going to get bigger.

Laura: if I'm understanding the weatherman correctly, it sounds like you all have gotten/are getting a bunch of snow. Hope you are feeling better and come through the snow storm okay.

Shadowpup: good week to be in Hawaii.

Janie: enjoying Oregon?

~michelle

Decorating Report: Well I am getting a good idea now of where to put everything. I never do the same thing twice - oh the pressure though to come up with something new. :p The bathrooms always look the same - but I like to move items around every year. I have four large Santas I think I've found homes for in the house - I like to make little scenes with them - and some trees. I have a ton of Clothtique Santas - I put those up in the bedroom this time. I have Heartwood Creek Santas too - I still don't have a place for them. You might have noticed that I'm all about Santa Claus - I have very few snowmen or angels. Yes - my decorating is over the top for sure - but I just love all of it.

Last night - I did Christy Taylor again!!! Totally Cool Step - I got all the combos - it was too much fun!!! I need to pull out the other Christy Taylor that I have - I am thinking of doing a very informal Jari Love, Christy Taylor rotation - it is nice to mix things up.

Michelle - I'm trying to thing of what Step Fit is. Is this on Cardio Hits? I'm sure I've done it - I think it might be one of the ones I have on VHS. There happens to be a field of Christmas trees that was planted awhile ago in a field right by my house - right now they are gorgeous but are getting on the bigger side. I think someone had intended to use them or sell them but never did. It probably happens a lot!!! Frankly - I'm glad they haven't cut them down - this way we can still enjoy them. You know - half the battle working out is getting started - for me sometimes just pressing play is all I need.

Well I hope everyone is well out there!!!! Laura - I hope you are getting better or you are fully recovered. Shadowpup & Janie - I hope you are enjoying yourselves! Will check in later.

Slow week with this check in - well, December is, of course, going to be hectic. I was just thinking today that I'm probably going to have to foresake some workouts to get everything done. I feel like I'm not in a very good place shopping & decorating wise and I need to get a good bit done this weekend. I need to really focus. DH and I put up our new wreath on our pole barn yesterday. It was the last outside decoration to go out - and now that is completely finished. Inside is a completley different story. I need to put up some garland here & there - right now the hard stuff needs to get done. I need to get the trees up!!

Well - last night I did Jari Love's original Get Ripped or is it "Ripped" - I don't know. In this one she had more personality than in Slim & Lean - it was structured though completely the same way - the set was dark and boring. She needs a better set!!! She uses light weights for most exercises but does a ton of reps. There were times I was holding 5lbs and was dying by the end. It is really a different kind of workout than a Cathe weight workout - when I lift with Cathe - I am really seating. I hardly sweat at all with Jari. Well - it doesn't mean it wasn't a good workout and I did enjoy it. I wouldn't tell anyone not to do this one.

Janie - hope you are back safe and sound - hope you had fun too.

Shadowpup - hope you are enjoying Hawaii - are you there?

Janie - hope you are well.

Michelle - What kind of weather are you having? They keep talking about this big storm - I'm afraid of getting hit with that here. Right now the sun is shining and it isn't as cold as it has been. Calm before the storm so to speak

Hope everyone has a great day.:)

Hi everybody--well we had a bunch of rain overnight again. This morning when Ripken and I walked, it just poured. But, we are getting very used to walking in the rain of late. Of course, right at the end of our walk, it stopped raining. Ripken likes getting toweled dry though, and he got a major drying off this morning. After the morning walk, I did maximum interval strength. I forgot this is a long workout (like 75 minutes) and step fit (from cardio hits) yesterday was 70 minutes. Eeesch! Can't blame anyone but me, I made up this rotation. And--my right elbow is giving me fits again, so I lowered my weight amounts on the upper body work, particularly the bicep work and the upright rows on shoulders. Everything else was okay. So far, so good. With STS just around the corner, I don't want my elbow to be giving me problems. If I have to dial it back a little, so be it.

Shoegal: not expecting anything in the midatlantic from this monster storm coming across the midwest. I've got a girlfriend who was stranded at the Minneapolis airport last night. Don't know if she was able to fly out today or not. My boss is visiting her daughter and new grandson in Wisconsin and I think she was supposed to fly back today. Somehow, I'm thinking maybe not. We also haven't heard anything from Laura of late, and I think they got this storm in Colorado as well. Shadowpup is enjoying Hawaii and Janie is in Oregon. Looks like it is just you and me for a few days here. Hope Pittsburgh is spared the worst of the snow. If not, you can always spend the time on your inside decorating AND exercise.

~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.