Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/16

Today I worked Shoulders and Abs and had a great workout considering I didn't even want to workout. I hate working shoulders.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Upright Row:
15's - 8 sets/9 reps (up 3#)
***Love this exercise. These felt good.

Dumbbell Overhead Press:
10's - 8 sets/11-8 reps
***I HATE this exercise. Hate it! I had to stop early with 2 sets.

Lateral Raise:
10's - 8 sets/11-9 reps (up 2#)
***Was a bit worried upping these but my right shoulder seems to be ok.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
20's - 8 sets/16-14 reps (up 5#)
***These felt good, got a great burn.

ABS
Tabata style
Hip Thrusts: 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Burn good with the last few sets.

Oblique Twist w/8# Med Ball: 8 sets/12 reps each side
***Towards the end these were really burning.

Crunch w/legs on SB w/8# weight on chest: 8 sets/12 reps
***Didn't feel these at all. My neck was the only thing getting a burn here.

HR STATS:
57 minutes
6 minutes below zone
43 minutes in zone
7 minutes above zone
425 calories burned

Happy with this, didn't think I burned that much today. My HR shoots up with there with shoulder work, though.

That is all....

Great workout Debbie -
Today was cardio for me. I did kickbox from 4DS and did the leg drills and jack kick drills twice.

44 minutes 303 calories - not bad considering that warm up goes on forever!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRICEPS/AB work plus cardio:

CHEST:
Bench 65# 5/8
(I don't want to go up until I feel like I can without any pulling sensations in my back)

Incline DB Press 25's 3/8

SHOULDERS:
Arnold Press 5 sets of 6/6/6/5/4

Lat Raises
12's 3/8

TRICEPS:
Lying Tricep Ext
12's 5/8

Dips:
60# db's in lap 3/8

ABS: BM2

Cardio:

Elliptical: 90 mins, traveled 10.2 mi. and burned 783 cals.

I lost a pound today. I weighed myself at 2am and seen the weight was still up, but this morning I was down 1.2 pounds. I am gonna get on elliptical again and bring it some more plus do back/biceps. My weight is gonna come off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when I win!!!!:D

I know Debbie explained her way, but if you want to quote more than one post in the SAME thread there is a "OFF" button next to the word "QUOTE" on each post, for any post you want to quote click the off button and it will turn to "ON". After you turn on the post you want just click the "QUOTE" button on the last one and all the post will be brought into your reply. Make sense?

Interesting, thanks Linda! I'll have to try this.

Ally, Diane Sue, Debbie: You have a lot more protein and less fat than I do. What method do you use to figure your %ages? I am trying to sort of meld BFFM and Nutrient Timing.

I just try to get my protein high and keep my carbs low but that doesn't seem to work so well. Right now my carbs and protein are about the same. I'm not really following any breakdown, I just want to make sure I'm eating at least 135g. of protein if not higher a day. I have been using the spreadsheet I got with BFFM a long time ago, it's an Excel file.

Char - Nice workout, girl! Nice job on dropping 1.2#. You go!

Ally - Nice workout too! I hate warmups that drag on and on.

Morning! I did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest- the kickboxing portion and B&G abs. I burned 713 calories. I need to be careful- I have some soreness near my left calf, but it feels less like a muscle strain and more like a tendon. I think I will not do cardio on Saturday and truly make the entire weekend a rest. Blast. I hate that. But I'm still doing legs tomorrow since doing that kind of stuff doesn't seem to affect it.

Debbie: Nice shoulder work! I try to keep my carbs lowish and that usually means they end up at 50%. :eek: LOL. It's hard. I eat good carbs- oatmeal, brown rice, veggies and some fruits. But it adds up from my yogurt, too. Eh, we do the best we can. :)

Ally: That is a good calorie burn for that workout- I know what you mean about the warm up. It goes forever! But I like that on days I am reluctant to workout. :eek: I figure it isn't too tough that way and hey, at least I'm working out!

Charlotte: WOO HOO! We are winning the weight loss battle amigo! :)

Gotta go back to DD's school early today- spring program. I hope she actually sings! :)

Halle has a headache so I have to run some medicine up to her at school, but I forgot to do this yesterday so while it's on my mind, here is a great article on carb cycling. http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/fr...rition/cutting_edge_carb_cycling_for_fat_loss

Patti: We have so many pics of Halle in her programs, looking like a little lost sheep, never singing a word! Now she has no problems belting it out! I sure do miss the years that you are now experiencing. Have fun :) And hope the calf is ok.

Debbie: Thanks for the info. Now that I am paying attention to what I am eating, I can easily see when I need to add more protein and make better choices. It really helps to see what you all are doing. That is about what I am working to get protein-wise too. I don't want to eat less in protein grams than my weight in lbs.

Diane Sue: Thanks for the link. I checked it out and it looks very similar to what I have but I will check into it further. Mine also figures out the %ages. Ally also mentioned calorieking.com. I think I just need to do more research/reading and that should help my confidence level with this stuff!

Char: Go girl!!! Ain't nobody better try and hold you back either :D

Today will be cardio for me. Off to school with some motrin - nice allergy season in full swing. Maybe I should get her on allergy medicine.

My workout today was 4Day Split HIS w/up and cardio, then I did I Max original intervals, finished with MIC interval blast and stretch. I burned 780 calories. After I took my grandson to school I did STS stability ball abs and pilates based abs and burned another 178 calories. Total calories burned today was 958.

Ally, I hate forever warm ups but 4DKB I usually don't mind. I did 4DHIS and skipped the warm up on I Max because that 16 minutes drags for me:)

Shana, I usually just look at calories and grams. Kind of like Debbie said. Normally I come up almost equal on carbs and protein but I am trying to lower the carbs a little. I log every veggie I eat including onions etc in my recipes.

Debbie: Nice shoulder work! I try to keep my carbs lowish and that usually means they end up at 50%. :eek: LOL. It's hard. I eat good carbs- oatmeal, brown rice, veggies and some fruits. But it adds up from my yogurt, too. Eh, we do the best we can. :)

LOL on the carbs!! Mine are a little high today but I'm ok with it. It's all good stuff. Plus I'm seeing some real good definition in my body lately so I guess as long as I can get away with higher carbs, then that's what I'll do.

Debbie: Thanks for the info. Now that I am paying attention to what I am eating, I can easily see when I need to add more protein and make better choices. It really helps to see what you all are doing. That is about what I am working to get protein-wise too. I don't want to eat less in protein grams than my weight in lbs.

Thats the best rule of thumb: 1 g. of protein for each # you weigh. I always at least hit that each day. If I go above, all the better.

Today I worked Shoulders and Abs and had a great workout considering I didn't even want to workout. I hate working shoulders.

Debbie, Legs are hard for me. I don't know why, but Joey and I really feel it the next day.

Today was cardio for me. I did kickbox from 4DS and did the leg drills and jack kick drills twice.

Love 4DS of any kind. Great workout.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I did my CHEST/SHOULDERS/TRICEPS/AB work plus cardio:

Elliptical: 90 mins, traveled 10.2 mi. and burned 783 cals.

I lost a pound today. I weighed myself at 2am and seen the weight was still up, but this morning I was down 1.2 pounds. I am gonna get on elliptical again and bring it some more plus do back/biceps. My weight is gonna come off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it when I win!!!!:D

Congratulations on a job well done! And for losing 1.2 pounds. I know how encouraged you are, and I also know you know your body, try not to over do it. You don't want to have this backfire on ya.

Morning! I did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest- the kickboxing portion and B&G abs. I burned 713 calories. I need to be careful- I have some soreness near my left calf, but it feels less like a muscle strain and more like a tendon. I think I will not do cardio on Saturday and truly make the entire weekend a rest. Blast. I hate that. But I'm still doing legs tomorrow since doing that kind of stuff doesn't seem to affect it.

All I can say is, that you are doing the right thing. When something hurts your body (as you know) is telling you to back off. Good for you. It's only two days.

Halle has a headache so I have to run some medicine up to her at school, but I forgot to do this yesterday so while it's on my mind, here is a great article on carb cycling. http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/fr...rition/cutting_edge_carb_cycling_for_fat_loss

Today will be cardio for me. Off to school with some motrin - nice allergy season in full swing. Maybe I should get her on allergy medicine.

Thanks for the link, very interesting. Allergy season, in deed.

My workout today was 4Day Split HIS w/up and cardio, then I did I Max original intervals, finished with MIC interval blast and stretch. I burned 780 calories. After I took my grandson to school I did STS stability ball abs and pilates based abs and burned another 178 calories. Total calories burned today was 958.

All I can say is wow. That's amazing to me. Do you think I'll someday even get close to what you are doing in the way of working out?

Today was cardio and ab work. Everyone have a good day.

Good job. You have a good day too.

Yesterday was heavy gardening. I planted 25 asparagus roots in one row. Today is heavy gardening again. I plan on planting 2 more rows of asparagus. 50 more plants. Just think, in three years we'll have all the asparagus we could ever ask for and enough to put up in the Winter. This is hard work. Have to shovel a trench that is about 1 foot deep, spread the roots and place about 4 inches of dirt on top of them. When they start to come up, I put another 4 inches of dirt on top of them. That will continue until they reach up to the top of the soil. We already have another bed of 75 asparagus to eat fresh during asparagus season. It only lasts a few weeks to a little over a month. I think now we are covered.

Have a great day everyone,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Janie,

Thanks for the advice! Good to hear your gardening. My garden is tilled, but I will wait still to plant anything. This spring has been much cooler then usual here and right now everything is muddy. I want to plant more things in the garden since we have a juicer now and the economy is what it is. I don't like paying $1.50 for a apple or something. lol

Janie: Sounds fun out in the garden! I would love to plant veggies, but it isn't allowed in our neighborhood. Wish I lived close to me, I would help you out with that asparagus. ;)

Shana: Hope Halle's headache goes away- how old is she?

Debbie: Good for you on seeing some nice definition! I looked at my GWF log and I average 168 grams of protein per day. I weigh about 140 so I'm fine I guess. :) I hadn't been paying attention to that number, just the %, so good that I checked. Thanks.

Diane Sue: Even for you, that is one heck of a cardio session!

Program was hilarious- she participated and did all of the hand motions with the songs. Plus, at one point she just sat down and then did downward dog. Oh and she lifted up her shirt at one point too. :D

Janie,

Thanks for the advice! Good to hear your gardening. My garden is tilled, but I will wait still to plant anything. This spring has been much cooler then usual here and right now everything is muddy. I want to plant more things in the garden since we have a juicer now and the economy is what it is. I don't like paying $1.50 for a apple or something. lol

Char, I bought the asparagus over a month ago. Ordered it from a nursery. It's been raining so much that the soil couldn't dry in between rains, therefore couldn't plant when I wanted to. Was afraid I might lose them. But I think they all made it. We'll see. That's why I have a garden, it's just too expensive at the supermarket anymore. Hope your weather changes soon. Gardening is a lot of work, but well worth it (as you know). Besides, I count it as a cardio. I'm out there for hours at a time. Soon I'll start little plants in the green houses and transplant them outside. Maybe this weekend.

Janie: Sounds fun out in the garden! I would love to plant veggies, but it isn't allowed in our neighborhood. Wish I lived close to me, I would help you out with that asparagus. ;)

Program was hilarious- she participated and did all of the hand motions with the songs. Plus, at one point she just sat down and then did downward dog. Oh and she lifted up her shirt at one point too. :D

Patti, If you lived close to me, I'd give you plenty of asparagus.LOL:D You are too funny. The program sounds so cute. Hope you filmed it in some way. How adorable is that? I bet you are one proud mommy. Have fun with that sweetie pie.

I'm off to do some planting before it rains,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:

Debbie - I hear you on this one! I was in no mood to workout this morning. Definitely going to need to change the exercises up for next week.

Great workout Debbie -

Ally - I couldn't agree more. I've only done that one once, because I couldn't believe how incredibly long the w/u was for such a short workout.:confused:

Char - Way to GO!

Patti
- Aaahhhh, what fun to watch the little ones to perform.:D:D:D I have a good friend/client that grows asparagus. She says I can come over and pick as much as I want.:D:D:D

Okay, Ladies, I am dead serious about getting this weight off! So at this point I have decided to remove all processed carbs from my diet for the next few days. I need some one to hold me accountable if I don't start posting some weight loss numbers on here.:mad:

Today was Shoulders. Starting have some pain in my right shoulder by the lateral raises, not happy about that. Hurt when I picked up my water glass, but seems to be feeling okay now.

4 DS HIS through first blast for warmup

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise

Of course, ran during 2 minute rest between each exercise

SHOULDERS
BB Overhead Press:
27's's - 8 sets/13-8 reps
***Kept the weight the same because the reps really dropped off.

Front Raise - Plate:
17#- 8 sets/12-10
***Up 2#

Lateral Raise:
11's - 8 sets/12-10 reps
***Up 1#

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
11's - 3 sets/14-10 reps
10's - 5 sets/12-10 reps
***Could not maintain the 11's

BB Shrugs:
57# - 8 sets/16-14 reps
***Up 2#

Then I did Step Combos 1 & 2 from Cardio & Weights, plus the stretch. Workout was 1:02 and burned 470 calories.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake
M3: Chocolate BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Zucchini lasagna
M5: Snack wrap
M6: Parmesan Talapia; salad w/Lite Northern dressing; 1/2 Grapfruit
M7: Chocolate Protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1675 calories
52 g. fat - 28%
136 g. protein - 32%
176 g. carbs - 42%

Carbs are way high today but I couldn't pass up that snack wrap. I love those things and want to have a couple a week. So I sacrificed something tasty to eat for carbs. Don't care! :cool:

Linda - Be careful with the shoulder work Tabata style. I can see where injuries can occur. I'm keeping my lateral raises at 10# and think that may be too heavy. So far so good with my pain, though.

Nice workout! Maybe you should post your foods each day so we can critique it for you. Or just to keep yourself accountable.

Linda: I think Debbie's idea is a good one- post your foods if you like. It will keep you on track and you won't want to admit that you ate leftover Easter candy if you have to report it. At least, that would work for me. :eek:

Janie, where do you live that get to plant so early? We here in Nashville have to wait until May 1st to avoid freezes.

My eats today are bad. Had Mexican for lunch. Here is the damage

M1: 2 egg whites, roman meal bread
M2: zone perfect chocolate grahm
M3: fajitas - did eat all of it - 2 corn tortillas a bite of beans and rice
M4: large salad for dinner of arugula, peppers, cucumbers and egg whites
M5: Pro pudding (trying to mitigate the fajitas!)

calories 1351 - low - but so full right now I don;t think I will much for dinner
26% fat
40% carbs
34% protein

Janie, where do you live that get to plant so early? We here in Nashville have to wait until May 1st to avoid freezes.

My eats today are bad. Had Mexican for lunch. Here is the damage

M1: 2 egg whites, roman meal bread
M2: zone perfect chocolate grahm
M3: fajitas - did eat all of it - 2 corn tortillas a bite of beans and rice
M4: large salad for dinner of arugula, peppers, cucumbers and egg whites
M5: Pro pudding (trying to mitigate the fajitas!)

calories 1351 - low - but so full right now I don;t think I will much for dinner
26% fat
40% carbs
34% protein

Wow, your calories are at 1351 even with the fajitas? That's not bad. LOL on your last meal. I think you did pretty well considering. I think if we keep all our meals good but one once in a while there can't be much damage that can occur.

Nice workout! Maybe you should post your foods each day so we can critique it for you. Or just to keep yourself accountable.

Linda: I think Debbie's idea is a good one- post your foods if you like. It will keep you on track and you won't want to admit that you ate leftover Easter candy if you have to report it. At least, that would work for me. :eek:

Debbie & Patti
- That's probably a good idea, but I wonder if I blow it will I just be bad and omit that item. Also I have to admit I have not been able to develop the habit of writing down everything I eat. I do it for a few days, then it gets to tedious, or I fail to write down the bite here and there, or as I said I flat out don't write down something I ate because I don't want to admit to it.:p However, I did order a Dietminder Journal the other day, should be here by Saturday. Hoping that might help me to be more consistent.

Okay, here's what i have done so far

M1: Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt w/ sliced almonds, strawberries & 1/2 pkg. ProPudding, 2 almonds & 10 raisens
M2: 1 apple, 1 cup No-Salt Lowfat Cottage Cheese, 1/2 grapes
M3: Large Salad w/ flaxseed, 75% reduced fat cheese & light Honey Mustard dressing, Vanilla ProPudding, 2 almonds & 10 raisens
M4: This will be either tuna or eggs, green beans

after that I have no idea.....

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.