Damage Control June :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Well I had a very busy weekend. We had a graduation party on Saturday night for my cousins daughter. We drank homemade apple pie moonshine that was delicious! Then of course cooking, setting up, and breaking down for Jerod's graduation party on Sunday.

If I recall correctly, my last w/o was on Friday-GS C&T. My shoulders are so sore too but I think it's from picking up/carrying/setting up all the tables/chairs etc. Today should be a tough cardio day but I'm not I'm ready for that yet.

Wendy-how was the Spartan Race?

bbl later to see how everyone else spent their weekend!

Thanks for starting a new thread Diana. Sounds like you had a whirlwind weekend. I feel like you do, not ready for a tough cardio yet.

Yesterday was a 60 mile ride. It was perfect until mile 50, and my neck decided it was done holding up my head. Surprisingly, it feels fine today. I just need to build up some more neck endurance. Today was STS M1D1 and SB abs. I'm thinking about starting another round of STS, it goes so nicely with cycling.

What is everyone else up to?

Hey Ladies!

The race was 4.5 miles of UP UP and more UP! Even when we got to go down we knew that only meant we had to go back UP again!:eek: It was super tough. They made it harder then last year from what I understand. I thought this one was going to be easy compared to the other two but it sooo wasn't! Sore as heck and bruised and scratched up far worse then the previous two! I still loved it though! Crossing that finish line is always amazing! :D

Y'day I was just too darn sore to work out! :eek: I wanted to do something to try and loosen up a bit. I just couldn't though. :confused:

This morning I did Slide n Glide in it's entirety. :)

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Today's plan is some TA, some kickboxing and driving around dropping off resumes. IDT the gym job is going to work out so I am starting the search to replace it. :( I still have the small studio as a possibility if I can get the cardio kick class off the ground but that is going to take time (the music thing is killing me! UGH!) and I need to start making more $$ sooner rather then later. :confused: Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I have some luck today! :rolleyes:

Well, off to let TA kick my azz for a bit!

BBL!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I was exhausted last night and went to bed early. Feeling much better this morning. Time to get back to my w/o's. Either a BR w/o or To The Max, it seems to be calling my name.;) This is the last week of tri training and the tri is on Sunday. I'm considering doing another tri at the end of June! One of the gals in my tri-training class wants to do it also.

The gal I spoke with weeks ago about a job, well she finally called back and I have phone interview scheduled for Thursday with the hiring manager. I'm super happy about that. This position would be about an hour commute each way which I'm not happy about, but it's where I'm finding most of the jobs anyway....more commonly known as the Tech Center. The pay is so much better, since I'm so underpaid where I am.

Yesterday I ran an errand at lunch to the bank and when I went to leave my car was dead. UGH. DH came to my rescue, took me back to work, replaced my battery, picked me up from work....all on his day off. I felt bad. Thankfully it was just a dead battery and nothing worse.

Wendy-Congrats on your race! Nice job!!! Definitely okay to take a day or two and let your body recover.

Tina-Wow, 60 miles is awesome! I've never ridden that far. We have a couple of rides around here but they are so expensive so I've never done them. I would love to do another round of STS with you, but I don't want to start until after my vacation. I need to review my fall races and see when I need to start training for those.

Hi LL, Laura and Lori....and Candice too if you decide to join us.

bbl

TUE - election day here

Man ...

today going to be long day - it is election day here - and my brother is running for Sheriff again - has 3 people running against him - AND THEY ARE ALL DIRTY - PRAYING the voters turn out and do the right thing!!

had a good weekend - stormy weather - just ran errands and cleaned house - did T25 ripped circuits SAT - SUN was major cleaning on the house! Ystdy - I had another apt for my tooth implant - NOT FUN!! I did manage a short workout beforehand - Xfactor workout .. forgot how fun and different those were .. CORE is sore this morning!

Today I doubt I will get a workout in - have errands at lunch - then tonight gathering to get election result - please PRAY for a win!!

Wendy - did you check out the powermusic.com site??? BPM - 135 - 140 .. that always worked for me ..

Di - congrats on the phone interview .. hope it goes well!

Tina - cant imagine riding a bike for 60 miles .. holy cow!!! Kudos to you!!

hello to all that follow!

have a great one!

Laura:: I had responded about the music website the other day but I finished writing out an entire post w/personals and everything and ended up losing it. UGH!:mad: That's why it has taken me so long to get back to you on that. Anyway, the site is great but the music seems really fast. Thank you for the suggestion though! I may still grab music off of there! Fingers crossed that your brother wins the election!!!!!!!

Di:: Congrats on the call back for a second interview! That's a good sign!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Maybe my eyes too!;):p:D Another tri? Wow, you haven't even done the current one yet and you are already chomping at the bit to sign up for another! That's great!

Tina:: Enjoy your next round of STS!!!

WED

MY BROTHER WON!!!! and looking like there wont be a run off - :eek: :D:D:D:D that is ONE LESS thing for me to have to worry/stress over - ystdy - was a long hard stressfull day - this election you have to declare DEM or REP .. and a LOT of his 100% people that are for him ... voted REP .. so he lost those votes .. but in the end the people chose the RIGHT HONEST man for the job - there is a lot of mudslinging going on - like supposedly my brother entire family ON DRUGS :confused::confused::confused: ummmm .. me and SIL work out every day (known for being FIT) - and my brother works out EVERY day .. ummmmmm how does that work?? LOLOL .. ridiculous the things bitter people do and say!!! anyway - it is DONE now!! I hope!!

there was no workout to report .. went straight from work to the "campaign central" .. LOL .. had a great turn out of supporters last night ..got home late -

Brutus destroyed another remote .. well the new one I got at Walmart .. had been prv used or opened .. it wouldnt work .. %!%!#$%!@#$% .. so gotta exchange it for another one .. GGRRRRRRRR

Wendy - you can chose a different BPM .. that is just the range that worked for me and what I was teaching .. thunderdrums .. was my go to kickboxing and plyo CD ... my step classes usually were around 125 - 130 .. there were some good ones for step too ...

Di - another tri?? you are a glutton for punishment!! LOL - but hey - if you can do it .. GO FOR IT!!!

Hello to all that follow - not sure what today will bring - didnt eat last night - so gonna find some FOOD at lunch .. LOL!! have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

I had an early meeting so did short but goody this morning-HIIT 40/20! Last night in tri class we did a short run. Unfortunately we didn't get to swim:mad: A new swim class started this week and they were using all the lanes and wouldn't even share one lane with us. I hope to get in the pool before the race on Sunday.

Laura-Congrats to your DB!!! DH's dad was in politics, city council to be exact. Election years were always tough. Doing another tri is just to help get me prepared for the tri in August. After this weekends tri is over, I need to start practicing in open water.

Wendy-I'm aprehensively optimistic, hopefully it will go well for me tomorrow.

Hi Tina and our long lost Ms. Lori!

bbl

Hello Ladies.

Was asked yesterday to fill in for an instructor at the new studio that injured her knee so I had to put something together quickly. No choreography. Just timed cardio moves with upbeat music playing in the background. It took me a long time to figure it out and I was a nervous wreck this morning but I did it and the owner liked it! Of course there are things I need to work on/adjust/change or whatever but overall he said he was impressed! YAY! :D Once I get the "issues" smoothed out it will mean a permanent spot on his class schedule! He is looking to have me teach probably four classes to start once I am ready. Then we will work on getting me ready to do personal training for him. With any luck this will be much steadier work then the gym! Of course I know what's going to happen...Once I am ready to be put on the class schedule and start working on doing personal training the business at the gym will pick up! Good ol' Murphy's Law!!! :rolleyes: Oh well - I'll cross that bridge if I come to it! In the meantime this guy knows that the gym has to be the priority should I get appointments that clash with anything he might want me to do until I am a permanent fixture on the class schedule....

Ok, I'll shut up now!:p I gotta cook dinner but I'll be back!:cool:

PS - So my work out today was my own cardio class (I kicked my own ass! LOL) and then I stayed and participated in a Toning class that the owner was instructing. After that I came home, showered, ate lunch and took a nap! I was exhausted! Then I had to pick up DS and go food shopping. Busy day!!!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

So we got our heating information for the tri....I'm in heat 10 out of 11. I hope I'm not last to cross the finish line. After being really disappointed about it yesterday, I have a new outlook today. Perhaps it will motivate me to pedal faster and run quicker.:p I should look up my time from the last 2 years, guessing it was around 70 to 75 minutes.

My phone interview with the hiring manager is today. Crossing my fingers that my skills will fit their needs and I'm a good match.

Not sure what's on tap workout wise, but I'll pick something when I get downstairs.

Wendy-great job, making something up on the fly is never fun. It might be a good idea to have some "go to" workouts already written up for these type of situations. I know you have a ton of them since you started writing your own workouts.

Hi to Laura, Lori, LL and Tina, what ya'all up to???

bbl

Good luck Diana, I'll be crossing my fingers your interview goes well! :) I hope the weather cooperates for you on Sunday. You never seem to stop!

So I'm planning on doing STS a little differently this time. I'm going to try doing STS on M, T, & W, with legs on Tuesday. I'll plan on a circuit workout on Fridays. Thursdays will be for cycling or kickboxing. I can just go back to M/W/F STS if it gets to be too much.

Yesterday I took my bike into the shop and the owner said our hometown hero, Teddy King, was in town and he was riding in their group ride last night. (Their Wed. rides are notoriously fast, 26+ mph for 50-60 miles) When I returned home and was backing my car into our garage, Teddy was cycling by our driveway. I was so star struck, I pulled my car back out and watched him (creepy, I know). I called DH at work and he was so bummed he was missing out on their ride. I checked Ted's Strava map (even creepier, I KNOW!) and sure enough, it was him. I can't wait to see how he does in this years Tour de France. He always has a featured article in Bicycling magazine and is an all around really nice guy. Ted's Strava miles are over 10,000 for 2014, DH almost fell off his seat when I told him. See, this is why I could never go on a Cathe road trip, I'd be too star struck to function like an adult.

Laura, congratulations on your DB's win. My dad was in town politics for a few years, and it was always stressful during the lead up. You must be feeling so much better now. :)

Hey Ladies. :)

This morning I took back to back 30 min classes at the new studio: Zumba and Booty Barre. Zumba was a nightmare! A FUN nightmare but a nightmare none the less since I can not dance to save my life! :p Booty Barre just hurt my already burning quadriceps and fried my shoulders up pretty nicely as well. :eek:

Di:: Well now that I have a basic work out down on paper I am going to tweak it to make it better instead of starting from scratch. I'm sure you'll do great in the Tri! We started late for our Spartan race as well but didn't finish last and neither will you!:) Good luck on the interview today!!!!! You deserve to get this job!!!!:)

Tina:: That was a cute story you told about Teddy King and the comment about what would happen if you went on a Cathe Road Trip made me giggle. :)

Laura:: Congrats to your brother on his victory!!!!:)

Hi all!

Quick update here:
-Memorial Day weekend away was great! Did some cathe workouts and some kayaking.
- I tried the first zwow but could only do 1 round a few days ago
- I have done 30 min wo mostly until yesterday I didn't get it in nor will I today. But I'm headed to the Lily sale in King of Prussia with my mom!so I will get some walking in!
- I'm going to try to do the June rotation as I have all the DVDs except 4/5
- I lost 3 pounds last night at my WW meeting!! And I got my goal weight adjusted so I'm free now!

Gotta run, hope all is well and I'll try to read back some. I have 2 weeks to get my 2 portfolios finished for homeschooling but I have to work with JTrain to get his papers turned in first!

Hi Ladies,

Back to say that my 30 minute phone interview was 75 minutes long! She wanted to schedule a face to face interview and I told her I was on vacation from the 11th-20th, the interview is scheduled for Monday, the 9th! So far it seems like a good fit skill wise.

This morning I ended up doing X10-53 min premix. I had intended on doing a longer BR w/o, but spent my morning looking up what to say and not to say during a phone interview. Apparently it was time well spent!

Tina-Teddy King...that is so cool! Let me know what you think of your new STS schedule. I need more cardio so I'd probably stick with the M/W/F. Actually, I was pretty nervous on my first Cathe RT, but Cathe is very down to earth and personable. Best of all, that is where I met Wendy :D(in person) and a couple other gals that used to check in with us!

Wendy-wow, you Zumba...or tried at least! It is not for me, that's for sure. I keep looking at the heats :confused: not sure why since they are what they are. :confused: There are 30 people in my heat, and 30 people in the next heat that will start 10 minutes after me. I usually fall in the middle of the pack so I probably won't be last.:)

LL-sounds like you had a nice time. Zwow is no joke and most are pretty short. Way to go for being at goal (or within 2#'s)-AWESOME!!! I briefly looked at the June rotation but don't want to start a new rotation until after my vacation. I'm just going to play it by ear until then.

Laura-what are you up to today?

Hello and Happy Friday!:)

This morning I went to the group training at the original studio I've been working for....heavy weight circuits and tabata! I was petrified for my poor burning quads but it really didn't bother them so I'm glad I went! First heavy lifting I've done since the race!

So I've been emailing with the owner of the new studio and I am going to be put on the (new) class schedule asap (he has to create it and send it out probably by next week)!!! I will have 3 definite classes and 1 possible to start that would span tues/wed/thurs and then who knows what will happen down the line! Plus he said I can probably get started with some personal training sessions pretty quickly on those same days as well!

So I sent over a request today to adjust my schedule at the gym since I'm getting next to nothing from them...I will be available Mon/Fri/Sun mornings Sat afternoons at the gym, Tues/Wed/Thurs mornings at this new studio and Mon thru Thurs eves/Sat mornings at the original studio. I hope I can keep it straight and I hope to get busy soon! I need to make more $ then I am bringing in right now!

Di:: That's right - we met in person on the RT! We had fun. Especially with the blue vodka! LOL Best of luck to you for the interview on Monday! So excited for you!:)

LL:: Sounds like you are busy wrapping up the school year for your kids. Will your life calm down at all once that's taken care of?

Laura:: Are/were you CERTIFIED as a group instructor? If I am going to be doing group fitness classes should I consider getting certified? It's nothing I could do right now. Have to get through NASM first but I am always thinking ahead about what I can do to make myself a more valuable instructor/trainer. Thanks!

BBL!:cool:

Today was XT SC and yesterday was 40/20 & 30/30. I've been getting DS's portfolio ready all this week and he passed with flying colors. It's always such a relief to get that over with. Two big bike rides planned this weekend. This weekend starts my reduced hours at work, I only need to put in 12, WOOT-WOOT!!:D

Diana, good luck on Sunday & Monday. I can't wait to hear how you make out. :)

LL, congrats on your weight loss and making goal, that's fantastic!:D

Wendy, congrats on picking up classes at the new gym, sound like you've found a better match. :)

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be back on Monday.

Hi ladies,

Another early meeting day for me. I did BR day 15 sans the 15 min ab section. It's 1:18 long and an hour was all I had time for. It looks like they are doing another 30 Day Challenge, of course I'll be checking that out!

The weather may be yucky on race day-booh. I don't think I will be beating my previous years time, but I'm okay with that. For some reason, it seems I practiced more for it last year, but who knows. I'm not feeling as strong on the bike as I would like.

I was down .2 at my weigh in....at this rate 10#'s could take a very long time! I plan on running and am taking T-25 on vacation. Hopefully that will get me in the groove to start running again.

Tina-really 40/20 and 30/30...you crazy girl. I would do one of those and then weights, but haven't done them back to back like that. Enjoy your weekend rides, and reduced work schedule!!!

Wendy- I've always wanted to do group training. There are always classes going on and it seems like a more steady income. Personal training would be used to pick up the slack. It sounds like this new gym is perfect for you. I say go for the certification! Did you pre-order Cathe's new stuff?

bbl

Good Morning.

Quads are still burning. Luckily I won't have time to work out today. I need a rest anyway.

Working this morning from 8 to 11 and then meeting mom for an afternoon by the pool & dinner at her house.

Tmrw morning I am slated to go to the new studio to take two more classes.

Speaking of work, I'd better get moving!
BBL!:cool:

Hi! I'm away with my 10 yo CDawg at haycock. We just went horseback riding and about to I shoot some rifles and the. We have some more outside activities in the afternoon. That will e my workout today. More later I am home and rested!

I'm only at my goal because I had them raise my goal to 169 the top of my wt range for being 5'9". My original goal is 152. But it was costing me $55/mo. Now I'm free but still need to work on it. I lost 3 of the 3.2 I gained while away. Now I'm 168.2 or something like that. So I still have 16# to be at that goal. But my "happy" weight is 145. You know 100 pounds for the first 5' then 5 pounds for every inch after that. I feel that if I could stay under 155 I would look and feel my best.

Ok off to shoot some rifles!! I've never done that before!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.