Cool 40's, week of 11/6/11

Murphy

Cathlete
I did athletic training today. It was good and fast. I will go heavier next time and probably enjoy it more - I was so concerned about how much "step" was going to be in it, but it is not a "step" dvd. I am really liking the new stuff.

Hi to everyone and have a great week. Watch your clocks! :eek:

Murphy

Good Morning,

I am going to try and do Slide and Glide today since I was suppose to do it yesterday and I need to make up Tri Sets upper body. Its nice and windy here today.

Murphy-dd came home Friday but its suppose to rain the next couple of days so no walks. I am enjoying some of the new series, I could skip the step.

I did Low Impact Step, the last 2 combos are very challenging! I wonder if the cueing isn't as good and that's why it's hard getting it down? While I'm learning it's good to do on a day I'm not looking for a big cardio output! Also I'm wondering if it's "off" because I'm used to jumping on some of the movements so I get off on the count? Going into the hip-hop repeater I was always on the wrong foot! I'll get it though!

Murphy did you do Ath Training with 2 risers? I found it very challenging! I'm not sure I'm liking the weight work too much in this latest set. But I've only been through them all once (minus LB tri, and yoga). I really think Cycle max will be used a lot!

Roxie, I see you got our wind! I hate the windy days! I'd much rather have snow than wind!

Hi girls! Rest day for me today, did take the kids on a hike tho. 60's and sunny, can't believe it is November! Yesterday did the TM and yoga relax. I'm going to try and do yoga once per week, see what happens. Lisa, is your snow gone yet? Roxie, what did you do? Murphy, I did AT the other day, it wiped me out! Ronne, how was the bonfires? Jody, did you have a date this weekend? Making beef stroganoff in the crock pot, smells SO good! Well, back to some football! Mary

Good Evening,

Spent the day checking out houses SIL built they look different from the framed house to a finished house and then I did Yoga Relax. It was a beautiful day today suppose to rain the next two days.

I did yoga max today. It was a little better than last time. I cheated on some moves plus I used my yoga block's this time and that helped. It moved quickly, actually, a lot of the dvd's in this series seem to move quickly. Anyone else think that?

Lisa - I did do atheltic training with 2 risers, my quad's were burning.

Mary - I too was thinking about doing yoga once a week or so. I can take it or leave it, but I do see the health benefits of it. Plus, I am determied to use everything in my exercise dvd repetoire. Whatever I don't use needs to go. Oh, I tried to sell some of my old FitPrimes/KickButt dvd's and they only took 1, 1 out of 12 or so.

Hi to everyone.

Murphy

Rest day for me, have dr appt so can't eat. It's been 3 yrs or so since I've had bloodwork done, figured it was time, now I'm dreading it!

Murphy, I about died with the 2 risers on Ath Training, and thought I would drop next time, however, before i knew it that cardio part was done and I was glad I did 2 risers. I should go to yoga instead of a rest day (my lower back is tight), but i tried it once, was just boring for me and I thought of all the other things I could be doing. Although I do see how it would be of benefit. Maybe I'll go pop in the yoga relax...hmmm

Mary, yes the snow is all gone, the winds on Saturday took care of it===we call them snow eater winds :)

I'm finding it hard to do any functioning without any coffee.....

Hi all

Had a pretty crap weekend after all that. Can't really go into details but it's to do with DD/bullying/friends. Talking to parents and going into school tomorrow. It's been a longstanding problem but it all blew up this weekend. I couldn't sleep on Sat night and hardly ate for 24 hours because I just felt sick.

Did MMA Boxing this morning which was just what was needed. Feeling more optimistic about things today but it's been a really tough time.

Apologies for lack of personals - trying to keep focused on work and not get distracted.

Oh, Ronne, I'm sorry for what you all are through. I hope it all works out. I did PS legs today, needed some regular weights for a bit of a change. Lisa, thanks for reminding me! I need to make an appointment for my annual. That should be fun! Murphy, I was really sore after YM! Just felt stretched out with YR. Roxie, did you walk today? It was weird seeing it so bright out at 6:30 this morning. Did your SIL build a house? Well, tons of errands, I better get moving! Hi to all that follow, Mary

Good Morning,

We didn't walk this morning DD had to much to do at work and we think she miscarried so she needs to go to dr. Tonite will be afterburn premix #1. They put the boss man back in the hospital last night beginning to think he is going to live there.

Mary-my SIL has built alot of houses that range anywhere from 1-4 million he is currently in the process of building another one and then he has two more in the works. These houses are huge way to much for me and one of them we toured yesterday decor is really awful I would fire the decorator.

Ronne-sorry your weekend was so bad that is why I am glad mine are not in school anymore now its more adult problems.

Lisa-I have my annual in December right before christmas.

I did 15 min of Yoga Relax, it helped with stretching out my back, but all I could think of was, I'm cold, I'm hungry, then I started to warm up and all I could think of was I'm hungry, I'm weak. Never knew how much energy 2 cups of coffee and 1/4 of a protein bar gave me!

Mary, this was for a physical, not the gyn. I've decided to do what my family dr says, paps ever 3 yrs, and mammo sometime between now and age 50. Works for me. I guess after 50 there will be enough dr stuff.

Ronne, you sound stressed, with good reason. I'm the same as you, the Mama bear ready to protect her cubs when someone wrongs them!

Roxie, Merry christmas to you?!? What a fun xmas gift for you....NOT!

So I used my dr appt as an excuse to work from home yippee for me. My arm hurts where they drew blood (i'm a wuss). The cotton was all bloody and DH said what did they do to you since he doesn't bleed like that. I've always been a good bleeder....nurse once told me redheads were good at bleeding.

Snow predicted tonight 2-4 inches, maybe I can get another snow working from home day tomorrow? Loving these snow storms during work time!

Good Evening,

Tonite I did After Burn premix #1. It is still raining here and its cold, suppose to rain tomarrow too.

Just picked up from library, Game of Thrones, I hope I like it but it won't be good for me to get involved in a book.

Ronne, hugs to you and dd. I hope all went well today.

I don't have workouts to post, but have improved my statistics grades.

Cardio core circuits on sale, i think i've viewed it in the shop cathe area and even put it in my cart before, you guys like??

Nite!

WTG on statistics Jody! CCC is tough, not one I do too often. I have Game of Thrones on my tbr (to be read) list. If you read it let me know how you like it.

Workout4life, are you still around?

I think they are predicting no snow for those of us north of Denver, darn, I may have to go into work tomorrow.

Lisa, I think that I would do yoga at home in similar manner. It would be hard to stay present for the postures. Regarding the woo woo spiritual side of yoga, I heard a story on NPR once about how yoga is sort of an invented American industry. In other words, Indians in India are not doing asanas (?) all day long to enhance their spiritual practice. Anyway, i thought it was interesting.

Today was TurboBarre. It was okay. I think I need to do it a few more times and see what I think. I could feel it and I expect some soreness tomorrow. The calf work really gets in there - OMG.

Ronne - Good luck with everything. I will say some prayers that things get better.

Roxie - What did you think of AfterBurn?

Jody - I think CCC is a good workout. It is hard but it will work you.

Lisa - keep the snow in Denver.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Murphy

Hi all

Thanks very much for all the good wishes. Had a good meeting at school so just hoping that this will get sorted out over time.

Not sure about a workout today - will have to be short and sweet as a bit short of time. Going to a clothes swap tonight - never been to one before. Taking some stuff I never wear and see what's there.

Roxie - we've got rain here as well. It's a really typical November day.

Murphy - I would imagine that Turbo Barre wouldn't be your kind of thing - far too sedate :p!

Jody - I think CCC is Cathe's toughest cardio workout. Harder than the Hiits in my opinion.

Lisa - so did the snow turn up or did you have go into work?

Mary - so have you worked your way through all the new DVDs now?

Still waiting for my DVDs ... :mad:

I did Cycle Max scrambled premix. I thought doing the scrambled one then I wouldn't have the hard jumps at the end, uh, sure, but then I had hard hill climb at end. It's just ALWAYS hard at the end I guess, my legs are spent.

Ronne, no snow :( so into work, and not much work either. I didn't have much work yesterday so I quilted while I "worked", NICE! Guess I may be reading today. And here 2 people are working from home, no good excuse like I had, guess I don't need an excuse!

Jody, so we are on the same wavelength for yoga sounds like.

Mary, my arm bruised (in the crook of my elbow) where they took the blood! It's not like they had a hard time taking the blood, I've never had this happen before, please don't tell me it's because I'm getting old!

Murphy, I wasn't sore after Turbo Bar, I thought I would be but I wasn't. That workout may get used more than the yogas (if only for the core work).

Roxie, how old is boss man? I see people in their 60s that are riddled with problems and I'm hoping all our exercise keeps us healthy in the long run! My neighbor (the one who's wife died 6 months ago at age 69 of cancer) has AGED these last 6 months. He is only 67 and looks 87, can hardly walk up the stairs and can't even get his groceries in from his car. I want to be still climbing mountains in my 60s!

Good Morning,

Today is suppose to be a rest day but I am rearranging things because I like my rest days to be on Sundays so tonite is Turbo Barre. Raining again today so we didn't get to go for a walk.

Jody-I am half way through that book just can't seem to finish it.

Ronne-glad to hear you might have things worked out for DD.

Murphy-I like Afterburn but I have never tried the whole thing the only thing I don't like are all the burpees, crab crawls, and spidermans.

Lisa-he is 67 but he was an alcoholic until he had his heart attack in July his family wouldn't admit he had a drinking problem but the rest of us knew, and its just been one thing after another since then. I am also hoping all this exercise is worth it in the end.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.