Cool 40's, week of 11/6/11

speaking of disliking the burpees, etc. Does everyone else drop down to their knees when doing a pushup and then pop back up to straight leg plank when doing the plank walks (or whereever else there is straight legs then a push up). I have no energy in these workouts to do a reg pushup with all the crazy combos she has and find it cumbersome, dropping to knees, going back to straight leg for the rest of the madness, then back to knees for push up, repeat. ?

Lisa-I have been thinking of doing that by the time she hits spidermans I am done for and can't do the crawls at all.

Hi girls! Did PS CS&T today, also did TB legs last night. Jody, never heard of that book, who wrote it? I avoid CCC! It is a hard one! Lots of jumping! Glad statistics is getting easier! Murphy, I did not do all the calf raises! They were burning! Ronne, hope you get some good stuff tonight! I have been thinking about your DD, hope all is well. It is so hard growing up, I want to keep mine here are our little bubble and keep them safe and happy. Lisa, that is the reason I workout! I see so many people, even our age, who have trouble getting around. No, thank you! Have to keep moving! Sorry you had to go in today! Also, I do my burpees off the step, too much for me to go all the way down! Of course, I am 5'9", that's my excuse! Roxie, who will take over the business if he doesn't get better? Well, have to pick little one up from basketball! Talk to you later! Mary

Mary, I do burpees off the step too, anything where I have to put my hands all the way down to the ground and then getting back up. I'm only 5'5" (well 5' 4 3/4" according to my physical yesterday), so I can't really use height as an excuse. I get so winded on those!

My knees are a bit sore going down the steps today, I think because I'm using more knees going down the steps since my quads are tired for the w/o this morning, that Cycle Max really works your legs!

Hi everyone

Mary - wow! For some reason I imagined you as quite tiny and petite! Isn't it funny the pictures you get in your head!

Lisa - I just don't do the push-up bit. I go to plank on the floor (altho' I think there might be one in the Hiits where I go to the step), do the full plank and then back up. Push-ups at that speed are just too much for me. Hope work picks up for you. At least you can entertain yourself with other stuff while you 'work'!

Roxie - sounds like your boss is in a bad way. Are things a bit better organised at work now?

Well, one of the other mothers came round today and we had a conversation. Slightly difficult but I think it will help. We obviously don't agree on certain things ;) but I'm feeling more hopeful that stuff will improve.
Did yoga today as I think that's what my brain and body need!
Did really well at the clothes swap last night, got a jacket, dress, trousers, and two tops!
Out tonight with my BF. Really looking forward to it - some food, a bottle of wine and a really good talk!

Good Morning,

Last night I did Turbo Barre and I thought my legs were going to fall off and I got a good ab workout, tonite is Glide and Slide Cardio and Tri Sets Upper Body. Is anyone else having problems with these workouts causing your knees to hurt?

Ronne-I think things are going to start getting better he came back to work yesterday and says he feels great.

Mary-I think they are trying to sell the company but they are not saying anything to us.

Let me start off by saying, I do not like the time change! Up waaaay too early again! so, I did STS Meso2 week2 Back/Bi. In at work early for what could be another boring day.

Ronne, WOW! You made out like a bandit with the clothes, good for you! This disagreement with the other parent will get you alllllll ready when your DD gets a serious boyfriend and you dislike his family! Ask me how I know? I've included my future DIL on emails about dinner this weekend (no answer from her, in fact I don't know if she is even coming as my DS only said this saturday would be best---doesn't say if it's just him or both of them! grrrrr, I'm a planner, it irritates me to no end to not know the plan!) Then to add to my irritation, I told her that we are flexible with celebrating T-giving this year and for her to let me know what day works best for her (so that she can be with her family on the actual day and in case she works since she works retail --- albiet only 12 hrs a week but that's another irritation as I don't think she's providing enough income to pull her weight but I guess it's not my battle). Anyway, I STILL do not know WHEN we are celebrating T-giving, it is 2 weeks away, very irritating to the planner in me. So, I'm not going to plan anything and if I don't hear from them, well, no thanksgiving for them with us. And yes, that's it! the pushups at the speed! too much!

Roxie, the only knee issue I had was with Cycle Max.

Waves to Murphy, Mary, Jody, and workout4life (are you coming back or did Jody scare you away with the whole age discussion? lol)

Hitting the M&M's, it's turned out to be a perfectly crappy work day (too much to go into)....let's just say, I may see a sick day in my future tomorrow, even if I don't get paid for it. I'll HAVE to take off sick to work off the chocolate!

Just a quick post to say hello! Did 3 miles on TM, have to pick kids up from 3 different places at all around the same time!? Sorry for lack of personals, I will catch up tomorrow! Have a good night! Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did Tris Sets Upper Body will do Slide & Glide in the morning before I go to dr. appt for dizziness hoping he can help end it.

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. Today, I did after burn and abs from muscle max. I did the express single intervals premix on after burn and it still kicked my butt, but I was able to get through it. Funny, I started to do athletic training then switched to low impact challenge but did realized that I do not want to do step so I switched to after burn. Who would have thought that after burn would be my go-to dvd? That is just crazy!

Roxis - I noticed my knees hurting a bit too. I figured it was because the moves are faster. They are low impact, but I am working the knee in a faster motion than they are used to moving. If not that, maybe it is the cold weather coming in - I have arthritis in both knees.

Hi to everyone.

Murphy

Good Morning,

Due to dr. appt this morning I am taking the day off from work so when I get home I will do Slide & Glide and then later is suppose to be Low Impact Challenge but I don't like that one so I will do 4DS LIS cardio instead.

Murphy-maybe thats the reason or like you I have arthritis in my knee so the cold is probably why.

Hello everyone

Roxie - so are you doing two workouts today?! Wow!

Murphy - rest days are always good. I like your indecision - you finally got something sorted out!

Lisa - I hear you on DIL. However, I have to say that I was a major pain in the backside through my teens and twenties. Never let anyone know anything till the last minute, flat out refused to plan, etc. etc. I realise now how maddening it must have been - I have at last grown up!!!!

Hi to the blur that is (tall!) Mary!! :D

Did Cardio Intervals today (Michelle Dozois) just did 3 sections so altogether it was 45 minutes. Just the right amount of sweatiness. Had a great night last night with my friend. Just what I needed. Going to the cinema tonight to see We Need to Talk About Kevin. That should cheer me up!! :p

Hi girls! Today did PS B&B and 3.5 miles on the TM. I have been feeling chubby! I think it is that darn Halloween candy! Ronne, so glad you had fun with GF. How is DD doing? You made me do a double take when I saw what film is going to cheer you up! I saw the trailer for that one, looks a little heavy! I do wish I was petite! But the good thing with being tall is you have more mass to hide some extra weight! My DD is all ready 5'8"! Of course, she is a size 00, I don't really like her! Roxie, I hope the dr. helps you out today. Hope you get to enjoy the rest of your day off. Murphy, I need to give AB another try, maybe tomorrow? Lisa, I am not liking the time change too much either. It is dark here by 5:30!? I don't mind the darkness in the morning. Maybe DS should talk to fiancé? She needs to realize that it just isn't her anymore. I would be wild too, I do like to plan things out! Well, got everyone picked up and home yesterday, today I have to do it all again! I am not complaining, they are awfully chatty in the car, I get to hear all the scoop! Have a good day! Mary

Hi today I did imax2 I needed to work out as much for my body as for my emotional well being I love that one. be back later for personalS

Hi girls, I'm back, that last post was from my phone while waiting for the vet so had to cut it short. Good news, Yoshi's BP is lower and now within range. This vet thinks that her blindness was caused by the high BP and we want to prevent her kidney damage anymore. Also, she seems to be feeling better, no tensing up when I pet her, vet thinks the high BP could be related. So, right now doing ok.

Ronne, time out with GF's are the best medicine!

Murphy, I like AfterBurn too, I'd say it might be my 2nd favorite workout behind Cycle Max.

Mary, you are busy as a bee! You may have more height to hide weight, but for my height I weigh more than most....I call it MUSCLE :) What a tall daughter!

Roxie, Hope you find the cure to the dizzies!

gotta run....so ready for my vacation on 12/1......

Just got back from the dr. I had to drive 45 mins to get there and home he made me even dizzier so the drive home was really tough anytime I hit a bump I wanted to throw up.

Mary-wish I was tall 5ft. is hard to hide any wt.

Ronne-looks like I might not get one workout in unless I feel better later.

Lisa-good new on Yoshi, I have always had problems with DH's mom and holidays so I have come to a point where I hate the holidays and now that DD is married we have to work around his family.

Was that Epply's manuever? Where they turn your head in different directions? How long will it take till you feel better? Sorry for all the questions, just curious!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.