Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

40's - week of 2/3/13

This is a discussion on 40's - week of 2/3/13 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; starting the thread.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Cathlete
fitover40's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to fitover40 Send a message via Yahoo to fitover40
Default 40's - week of 2/3/13

starting the thread....
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Good Morning,

Today I am going to a birthday party for my 4 year old twin nephews and then I will come home and do HS no conditioning and Core 1 and some stretching. I forgot to tell you guys I took my paycheck to the bank Friday night and they wouldn't take it there wasn't enough money in the bosses account.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Cathlete
scubagirl's Profile Fields

Hi girls! Rest day, my triceps STILL hurts from the challenge the other day! I only used 5 lbs! Roxie, that's awful! Did you talk to them? I hope you get it straightened out tomorrow. Lisa, how's your neck? That sounds miserable. I go to the hospitals with the students and we take care of patients. I guess I was just most upset with their attitude, if someone gets hit by a car they will change their tune. We are having a party today, I'm procrastinating! By the way, can you plan my next vacation? Sounds awesome! Ronne, I myself had a little headache this morning, might have been the beer? Jody, holy cow! Are you sore today? Sounds like you had the perfect day! Hi Murphy! I better get off my butt! Have a good day! Don't eat too much! Mary
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Cathlete

Hey 40's! Not too good a night last night, yes, neck still hurting (hurts more when I lay/sit still). I couldn't stomach another cardio or legs, so I said, hmmm, maybe I need to loosen up the muscles in my UB, then maybe I'll be able to crack my neck, so I did PUB with light weight, weights I used back when I started Cathe! About a dumbbell below Cathe's. We will see. If it's still feeling like it needs a crack I guess I'll take Jody's advice and suck it up and go to a chiro. Reason I'm resisting is back in my 20's when I went to chiro for same thing, they got me coming back again and again, for some treatment plan. One time after I went, I got home (of course it was a friday night) and I couldn't even take a breath without it hurting. I called finally on the Monday (got the partner in the practice) and turns out my spine was rotated! The cracked my spine from the front and I could finally breath again, I never went back and swore off chiropractors. My brother-in-law in FL is a chiro and I never even let him touch me. I hate the whole aspect of giving up control for someone to manipulate your body to do something that sounds awful. I do feel it's more a spine alignment thing now vs pulled muscle, so I may have to succumb.

Roxie, that sucks! Maybe this move is exactly what you need, you'll get there!

Mary, what do you think about the tricep starting from back a bit (vs from straight up)? i think it makes it so much harder, and I find myself going back to straight up. Plus my weights hit the floor or bench more. Is it just me? I used 8's for that one, I need to learn to lighten up my weight more, maybe that's what got me in this neck mess, and I need to remember, I'm not getting any younger and less weight I'll still get a good workout...hmmm, maybe I'll get long and lean?

Jody,Sounds like you are 'in the zone' with your w/o/eating plan. Is this semester a bit easier?

Ronne, you've had your rest day, what's next on your xtrain rotation?

Murphy, hope you and your computer aren't sick again.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Cathlete
Faithnveggies's Profile Fields

Lisa, maybe you need one of those inversion tables for your home gym? Also sounds like you should get a recommendation for a chiro rather than picking one out of the yellow pages, now there is an old idea. Do you have anyone good and safe in mind?

I did a tabata workout today. I didn't lose much wt last week- half a pound so I better make sure this week counts. They are changing up the food and it will feature real fresh veggies everyday. woo hoo

I've managed to find some Jillian workouts on youtube and will try those out. We've got a laptop hooked up to tv most of time, so my workout options are improving once I figure out how to get everything to flow. I think I will try that Chalene, too. when I get a chance.

It seems like long and lean barre workouts are hot right now? Everyone, well many, at VF are excited about dream body and more. I think one advantage of switching up instructors and styles is not being able to cheat the way you normally do. I know when I'm doing some extend move, I'm sometimes asking, why isn't this easy for me? Then later on I realize it is a move or muscle I cheat on when I do Cathe. Does that make sense?

Have a good one all
Old 02-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Cathlete
Ronne's Profile Fields

Hey everyone

Roxie - that is terrible about your cheque. Hope you get it sorted out quickly!

Mary - I have to confess I didn't really get any DOMS after the 100 rep challenge. My triceps must be stronger than I think altho I never match anywhere near Cathe for weights. I saw your little moan about the snow. I'd be really scared too. They should at least grit or clear it.

Lisa - sorry to hear about your neck. It sounds in a really bad way. I can never remember whether it's chiropracters or osteopaths who are slightly dodgy. Max I can do with those new triceps are 10lbs. I had a go with 12 and barely got them back up after 1 rep!

Jody - sounds like your new routine is working out for you. It's always good to have a change.

Well yesterday was AOL plus core 1 premix and today was Legs plus Rear Delts premix. I really struggled yesterday, don't know whether it was still related to Friday night or what. At one point, I thought I was going to have to stop but I managed to struggle through. This morning I was feeling really tired sitting at my desk but then when I started on Legs I got a real burst of energy and got right into it. I really like Legs - I think because she allows plenty of rest and stretch time between exercises, the lack of that has always been my biggest bugbear with B&G.

Probably going to be a quiet week at work this week, so I'm trying to do lots of little jobs that need catching up on.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Cathlete

today was Athletic Step, up with neck last night again, feels better now, but I think because it's loosened up after w/o. I did notice weakness with over head movements in that side, sigh. I found a chiro, I will make an appt even though I wish I could just ride it out.

Jody, I went to Healthgrades > Find a Doctor | Doctor Reviews | Hospital Ratings and look at drs there (plus on my insurance program). That last chiro 25 yrs ago was from a friend's recommendation so...... As far as switching up w/o's, I'm sure it's great for the bod, but it's funny I never FEEL as worked out as I do with Cathe

Ronne, I think it's chiro's that are dodgy, hence my reluctance to go, but from looking at their website they have treated professionals with sports injuries. Keep fingers crossed for me. That's some impressive weights with those triceps. I have some DOMS from PUB yesterday in the chest, and that was using only 10/12/15, sad state my UB is in!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Cathlete
scubagirl's Profile Fields

Hi girls! Today did the tabata workout, harder the 2nd time! Maybe I ate my wheaties the first time I did it! Oh Lisa, I hope they can help you! Do you try ice or heat? I ope you didn't have to wait too long for an appointment. Ronne, I think the legs workout is my absolute favorite in the group! So varied, nothing repeated, I love it! Jody, maybe they changed the food when they read everyone's diaries? Do they give you a weeks worth at a time? Is it cooked for you? Have a good week at school. Roxie, did you get your check figured out? Well, we have some drama with the twins, the class rankings came out, I have one in the top 5 and the other in the top 125. So proud of both of them, DD is feeling like a failure because of DS being so high. I just have run out of words of wisdom, she is heartbroken, any guidance? We have never compared them, I get the sense she is doing this to herself, the whole competition thing, Help me! Have to run take little one to dr. We have all ends of the spectrum here! Smart, smarter and one in special ed! Have a good day! Mary
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Cathlete

Hi all. Computer is back and running. The person who worked on it before did not put the media player back on teh computer sytem. It seemed to work okay yesterday. Oh, I started taking the weekends off. I could not/can not figure out why I am so sick lately. I know our weather pattern is crazy and there are a lot of things going around here and at the schools, but I feel like I could not shake whatever it was. I still have a cough and cannot sleep on my back (I sleep with my head and chest slightly elevated.)

Today I am chaneling Mary with the tabata. But, I am taking it easy, only the first one with core 1 added and teh bi's and tri's bonus burn added on. Funny, that "short cut" is still 45 minutes long. ???

There seems to be a lot going on -
Roxie, hope things worked out with your check,
Lisa, I hope your neck feels better,
Jody, how is the plan coming along,
Mary, sorry to sound stupid, but why is she comparing the twins' rankings when they are unique individuals with unique gifts, strengths and weaknesses,
Ronne, going away again?

I hope I did not miss anyway. Waves to all.

Murphy
Old 02-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Good Afternoon,

I will do Burn Sets CB&S when I get home and then maybe later do CK25. DD found a really good home for the dog so I don't have to worry about it when they want to show and when we move. DH and I were talking yesterday and I said I wanted to take nutrition classes and he said that is right up my alley he also says he sees me owning my own gym.

Lisa-hope the neck is better.

Mary-I don't think they should rank kids.

Ronne-I was able to take my check to the bank today bank president said they would cover it.

Jody-we have to keep our bodies guessing so trying new workouts is not something to feel bad about.