40's - week of 2/3/13

Good Morning,

I will do Cardio Leg Blast when I get home and I am hoping the weather gets as warm as it says its suppose to so I can go for a walk.

Good Evening,

I did Cardio Leg Blast when I got home had to stop early because I was getting light headed and winded.

Did KM including that blasted leg cond drills. Tomorrow I don't expect to get in a w/o, into the torture chamber that I will leave early, get a hair cut and then to the chiro. Neck feeling much better, except a little sore in different area, I think from all the stretching I'm doing laying with a towel rolled behind my neck ... he said to expect that.

Roxie, I've done CLB and was totally wiped out and another time flew thru it so depends on what going on with your body. Did you eat enough today?

Did KM including that blasted leg cond drills. Tomorrow I don't expect to get in a w/o, into the torture chamber that I will leave early, get a hair cut and then to the chiro. Neck feeling much better, except a little sore in different area, I think from all the stretching I'm doing laying with a towel rolled behind my neck ... he said to expect that.

Roxie, I've done CLB and was totally wiped out and another time flew thru it so depends on what going on with your body. Did you eat enough today?

Lisa-no I didn't eat well today so I was a little weak and I have a cold so its not helping.

Hi all

Mary - oh I've not heard of that one. I'll watch out for it. I quite fancy I'll Give It a Year which is a new comedy out soon. Lincoln was excellent by the way, I recommend it.

Lisa - I don't mind the leg drills in KM it's the cardio drills I can't cope with. They are so tough! Glad to hear you're getting some relief from your neck problems. Sounds like this guy might have 'cracked' the problem - sorry, terrible joke!! :eek:

Roxie - it's amazing what a difference how you're feeling makes to a workout.

Today I did AOL with Core 1. I did it on Sun and really struggled and today I breezed through. Had a big smile on my face by the end. I felt like I could have done a couple of extra rounds. Shows you how different workouts can be depending on how you're feeling.
Really enjoyed the film last night. I learnt loads - don't know a thing about American history really. Daniel Day-Lewis was amazing. You just forget you're watching an actor.

Good Morning,

I will do Xtrain Bis and Tris today and its suppose to be in the 60's so I will also go for a walk. I don't know what we are doing today I need to clean and we probably will take a load to storage.

Ronne-AOL is ususally not a problem for me I think its not only how you are feeling but if you like the workout too, leg work is not my favorite.

Hi girls! Long work day today, did Rumble, I am avoiding HS. I need to give it another chance. Roxie, enjoy that weather! Still snowing here! How's the house coming? Ronne, I heard Lincoln was good. I use to love history class! I have forgotten a lot! Lisa, how's the hair? The neck? Jody, how's school? The semester is progressing! Hi Murphy! Have to get dinner going. I need to get used to the work schedule again! Mary

Feels good to type in the morning again. I got up when the alarm went off and did not fool around. Funny, when I don't fool around I have time to get things done. :) I actually got some sleep last night too, yahooooo.

Lisa - good luck with the torture chamber.

Murphy

Hi all

Murphy - good to see you back!

Mary - What is it you don't like about HS?

Roxie - are you doing the 90 day rotation as well?

Lisa - I guess you're having your fingernails pulled out or something!!

Today was HS cardio only. Short and sweet. I think this one of Cathe's easiest in years (not done the conditioning yet as it's not in the rotation). Nice to have one that doesn't kill me! Coming to the end of week 4 now. Two more days to go, then I get to try SuperCuts and Tabatacise next week!

Leg blast and some core done, xtend class later today. Extra workouts aren't cheating, (just wine, sugar, fruit, carbs, bread, etc.)
Lisa, glad your treatments are effective! They adjusted you, too? I think I saw that on FB. I think that lunging off step and tuck jumps both compress spine. Yes, bf blacked out on one of those older jarring roller coasters, he felt crappy the rest of the day and had numbness doing down arms to fingers. We haven't been on any amusement park trips since. I think his tests showed compression of vertebrae, can't remember.
Ronne, great job on rotation!
Murphy, I believe sleep is very important for good health and handling stress.
Roxie, it sounds like you are emptying out your home a little bit at a time. Is storage close by? Any nibbles yet?
Mary, spring break, first week of March.....

I'm alive! Had quite the day yesterday. Continued pain while at work, then hair cut where they gave me wine....whoops, i'm such a sucker, I think the cut will be good. To the chiro, got to wait in the massage chair, did the neck pump for stretching my "text neck" (I can tell any head down movements hurt) and EMS-electromagnetic muscle stimulator, then to the adjustment table (the part I've always dreaded). Said I'm very tight between my shoulder blades (there were areas he couldn't adjust--even with what he called a "jackhammer", got to neck, I have a huge knot on the right side - which is now very sensitive to touch (probably from compensating from pain on left side), and then the magic happened....the one spot I've been craving to get cracked did, ah! Got home and was just exhausted from the fact I finally had relief, then the muscle soreness set in from all the adjusting and I just wiped out. Pain, it can exhaust you! I go back on Friday, if this works, I'll be a convert to maintenance adjustments. Dr said no limits on physical activity (not only is he a chiro but has a BS in exercise science).

Today, did JL R&C, lightened weights to what I started with 6 yrs ago :( Today I'm going to relax, no sewing, no working (well, I am "working from home" but not much to do), no forward head activities.

Jody, I'm sure some of the w/o's we do didn't help and then with my predisposition to this neck area and that it's been brewing for quite a few months. I know stress is a huge trigger for my neck as well from past experience and looking back, it was a stressful year (Yoshi, skin cancer, hated job-I swear this one is detrimental to my health!, menopause, DS wedding, I'm sure there's more :) )

Ronne, I think it's all those jumping jacks in HS, I sub some on the discs. You just wait until you are pushing 50 :)

Waves to Mary, Murphy, Roxie, I'm just too wiped out to think of something interesting to say (besides the fact typing is making my neck hurt).

Last edited:
Hi all! Another quick post (work is really impinging on my life!). Today did LiCH, premix 5. Lisa, glad you are feeling better! Jody, will you be ale to walk later? Ronne, Murphy, Roxie, Hello! I have to get to teacher conferences then I have basketball! Have a good day! Mary

Mary, I whole heartedly agree with work impinging on life! Was asked if I had time to work on something tomorrow, geez, don't they understand that I'm used to not working when I'm working from home? On a serious note, was a rough day with very, very sore muscles in neck from the adjustment. I'm wiped out from dealing with it. Dang, I'm about convinced to go in for regular tune ups vs getting an engine overhaul on an old clunker. It's terrible to have to go thru pain to get painfree!

Did chest, back and shoulders plus abs. Could have gone heavier in some spots and went too heavy in others. Abs still sore from yesterday but did more today. Running late as usual, waves to all!

Murphy

Hi all

We're all busy bunnies!!

Mary - don't you hate it when work gets in the way!

Lisa - ouch but fingers crossed this is going to be good! Sounds like a regular tune-up might be a good idea.

Jody - so are you enjoying your new workouts? What's the group like?

Hi to Murphy & Roxie.

Swapped my workouts - did CLB plus Core 2 as I'm going out tonight and not sure I'll be in a fit state to do it tomorrow. I'll do CBS then instead. Lisa, you might appreciate this. I did the first 10 mins of CLB and was already sweating and feeling a bit tired (and I love CLB and felt quite energetic). Anyway, DH is home and had put the heating on and I realised I was working out in front of a radiator blasting out heat! I turned the heating off but the room was still pretty warm. I struggled to get through the whole thing - I'm used to working out in a cold house.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Good Morning,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday it was a busy day. I didn't get a workout in by the time I got off work went to the grocery store it was time to get things ready for a 2nd showing by one of the realtors. DH and I went out for supper and then went and spent time with GS and he was in a really good mood we got to see him roll over several times and he was trying to crawl. On the way home I got and email from our realtor saying we had and offer and I called her and she said it was a solid offer and we should accept it so we did got 4,000 less then asking and she wants to close Feb 27th so I guess we better find some place to live. I will do HS cardio and Tabatacize 2 tonite.

Ronne-I am on week 5 of the 90 day rotation and I am seeing some good results.

Lisa-I remember the first time I went to one of those I couldn't move for 2 days but I had a tilted Pelvis.

Hi everyone, after laying on the heating pad all night, I felt better. Got up and did AOLI (gosh I like that one). Sore mid and low back (prob from chiro--didn't have a heating pad on those areas), and sore quads and tri's from w/o yesterday. So my body feels pretty worked. Just got back from another adjustment, got some good cracks in my neck, still tight in mid back, no jackhammer this time. I think my mid back started hurting this past summer after hikes and carrying the 25 lb pack. So I think all things converged into the perfect storm for my back/neck. They said I'd probably be sore again (maybe not as bad). Doc wants me to really get the stretch in at the bottom of the bench press.

Roxie, that's awesome about the house, that went fast!

Ronne, loved the radiator story :) Have fun tonight, but not too much fun :)

Jody, how's the bar, er, I mean, how's the barre? :p

Mary, any plans this weekend?

Murphy, I hate always feeling like I'm running late, adds to my stress.

Hi girls! Today did CLB, and the hip thrust challenge. Roxie, HAPPY DAY! So glad it went quickly, when will you start looking? Lisa, so glad you are getting done relief. Thank goodness you went! Ronne, have fun tonite! CLB was on the schedule for tomorrow, but my biceps were still sore from Rumble, I was supposed to do bis & tris today. Murphy, are you feeling better? Jody, how are your legs today? Basketball tonight, we have a night at the races tomorrow, not much else, maybe some laziness? Mary

Hey yall, no prob on legs. Doing Cathe's seems to make barre easier ? I am struggling to get paper written, blech. Just need to make it happen. I was thinking about skipping barre today but thought I had progress measurements today but that is next week, doh! Missing Sat is probably not a good idea. I was doing great on diet this week until about 30 min ago, dd made pancakes then she didn't eat them b/c other dd came home w/ ms field cupcakes for her so I ate the pancakes!
Roxie, congrats! Bittersweet I am sure but I know you want to move forward. Lisa, neck stretching new aspect of self care regimen at our age! Mary, have a nice relaxing weekend w/o too much planned! Ronne and all, I thought of you and snowy Murph when AC kicked on today, I have thermostat set at 80 F I think that is about 27 c? I can't workout in cold house so I'm opposite of you.

I told a friend I would cat sit in my home for 2 weeks. I hope I don't regret it, I'd prefer not to but she is close friend. OK, back to sleep apnea. zzzzzzz.

Hi all

Roxie - that's great news on the house. Must be such a relief! I'm just behind you then - I just finished week 4. I'm liking it as well.

Jody - oh well, pancakes, it's not the worst downfall you could have.

Lisa - wow, this is intense - like you say, it sounded like you created the perfect storm for your back/neck with everything that you've been doing.

Mary - I still haven't tried the hip thrust challenge yet. Waiting till the the rotation gets into legs once a week before I tackle it.

Did CBS today. I can do more push-ups on my toes which feels like a real achievement. I really like CBS, I just wish it didn't speed up halfway through!
Had a nice night with friend last night - and just had one glass of wine! Got friends coming for dinner tonight. Not sure I'll be so controlled ...
DD's on half-term this week, so my workouts are going to get a bit all over the place. I think this is where I'll start to slow down on the rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.