*** STS COOLERS week of Feb. 9 *****

MommaPew

Cathlete
GM All

Since I'm doing bits of STS right now I thought it was still appropriate to include it in our Title:D:D

Anyhow, expecting a few busy days this week at work since its such a short work week for me:D:D

On tap for tonight is Burn if Off along with Recharge. Then I'll probably take the rest of the week off until Friday. I bought Dance if Off - Line Dancing w/o video and just showed the cover to DH last night and "dared" him to try it with me. I thought it might be fun and a way to get him active. I'm thinking of taking it with me to Florida as I think my GF will be game to try it. Fingers x-d.

Kim - I'm going to take your advice and take my vacation off from any workouts except like walking and some cardio. No weights. My luggage just got lighter!:D

BBl

Good morning! Love the title of the thread.

It's Monday, my rest day today so I'm just going to grab some coffee that's brewing and hit the couch to watch the news/weather. Will be busy for my 3 day work week. A skiff of snow on the ground this morning.

Yesterday was a 22 mile bike ride with a couple of friends. Was windy so the return trip was a goodie :rolleyes:. Afternoon spent lounging around. DH and I did go out for breakfast before the bike ride.

Will catch up with you ladies tonite.

I did order Cathe's weighted vest from Walmart. I'm having it shipped to our local store, but it won't be in till later.

Ta ta.

Just finished STS2, my triceps are going to be sore tomorrow!! I am glad that I'm doing it as a 6 month rotation as definitely sometimes my weights are off and by the second week I'll have them tweaked!

We had a ice storm here today which is very strange on the prairies, but work was super quiet as many patients cancelled. Sure makes it feel like a long day! My mom was at the hospital visiting her friend so we had lunch together and I stopped in to say hello. It was great to see her, safe and sound.

Jeanette Enjoy your rest day! Are you doing sts2 tomorrow? Did you decide for sure on the 6 month rotation??

Patricia I think that's a great idea to relax and just enjoy your holidays! I did look in a few stores in the Orlando area for Cathe's weighted vest but didn't find anything. Do you leave Friday?? I spoke with my sister who's down at Disney right now and they're having a great time. She was concerned about travelling with a 2yr old but only a little trouble on the plane.

Kim

Hi Coolers!
I enjoyed my rest day, but did get a walk in this afternoon. Wind was nippy, but still nice to get away from my desk.

Kim, yes, I'm planning on doing the 6 month rotation and will do Disk 2 tomorrow. Did you like the music? I like how it moves along and doesn't repeat the sets. Ah, sore triceps? Hope I get some too. I'll be running back and forth into the other room for the back work (lat pulldowns on the Bowflex, instead of pullups or chinups). I'm planning on starting my workout a little early in order to compensate for the pausing of the DVD. Glad you got to see your Mom. How is her friend doing?

Patricia, did you get your DH to join in on the line dance video? I did get my DH to try Ab Ripper X once and he grunted and groaned so bad you would have thought he was in labor!:rolleyes: Hope your cold is doing better now. Thanks for starting this thread. Hope the time flies by before your vacation. Florida is sounding awful good right now as our temps have dipped. We got some much needed snow up in the mountains this weekend. We need lots lots more.

Laurie, you okay?

Just finished KPC and now watching TBL. Off work tomorrow so time to catch up on household stuff then. I thought my triceps would be more sore today but my lats are feeling it the most. Jeanette, I like how there is only one set of each exercise, I have to admit that I really haven't notice the music much. I'm really not much of a music person, it doesn't bother me much either way. Although, the great music in the Body Blast series really does motivate me. How are you liking it??

My mom's friend is still quite ill but they moved him out of ICU. Still kind of confused, on oxygen etc. He did walk a few steps today. LOL on all the complaining of DH's, DH was actually quite keen on doing Mesocycle 1 with me but not more as he's marathon training. After the 1st workout I kicked him out of the the program, the dvd moves so fast and uses so much equipment, he's just in the way. :D:D

Good Evening Coolers

Been surfing the net relaxing after my w/o tonight. I didn't work out last night but did try the 15 min step instruction on my new Line Dancing w/o. Looking forward to actually trying the workout. Tonight I did Fat Burning Extreme - 32 min of HIIT. it is hard but I feel good.

Sorted through DS's clothes tonight to get his suit case packed and store away clothes that he has grown out of. His closet is full of clothes either too small now or too big for him.

Tomorrow night I may rest depending on what all I need to get done b/4 starting our vacation Thurs.

Kim - I'm like you with the music, I don't always notice it but also agree with you the BB series really pushes me with the music. I'm so glad to hear that your Mom is home. I'm sure it is still stressful for her but being home makes a big difference especially when his kids can help out. (presuming). I'm hearing that the 1st Meso moves fast. I guess those will be ones I can't have DS underfoot for:p:p Hope the freezing rain you got is all done. We got a bit of it today. I'm hoping today and tomorrow the weather will be warm enough to melt the snow on the driveway. I've flown with DS when he was 7mos, 18mos (2x) and at 2yrs. For the 1st 3 trips DH wasn't with me. The last trip at 2yrs DH was with us and flying to Vancouver was pure H*ll. I was crying as we landed as DS was a handful the whole time and just when he fell asleep we started our descent and that woke him up crying (most likely ear popping). I'm sure the passengers were not impressed. I had been thinking that trip would be easier as I had DH along. NOT. Lets just say I went and bought Gravol for this trip but I'm also hoping that since he is older and now watches DVD's that will occupy him in his seat. Did you sister take a carseat with here? We've always taken ours (stowed below) but I'm wondering about seeing if the car rental agency supplies them. One less thing to pack and carry...

Jeanette - only one more work day for you too:D. I'm going to get DH to try the DVD with me in Florida. My GF and her DH who will be with us are the type that will try it so maybe it could make for a fun evening trying to learn the steps. How are you enjoying STS so far. I think I'll have to leave my w/o room to do the pullups b/c I'll be doing them with a band and the door in my w/o room opens into it. I'm thinking the door anchor would not stay if I tried doing it from that side of the door and could be a bit dangerous for me:D

Waving hi to Laurie.
Take care everyone

Hi Coolers,
I did M1,D2 (Meso 1, Disk 2) today. I really enjoyed it, so much variation that you don't get bored with endless sets and reps. I went heavier than I ever have for deadlifts and back work, plus I dusted off the old Bowflex and did my lat pulldowns in place of the chinups. I couldn't turn my palms around as in pullups as it stressed my muscles/tendons near my elbow on my left arm. I just stuck with the chinup hand position. I thought I was going to be sore, but that hasn't happened yet. I've got a feeling the DOMS are really going to hit for the leg workout on Thursday. Maybe I liked the workout so much today as it didn't have the endless dreaded pushups!

Patricia, hope you enjoy the line dancing workout. Maybe your DH will join in when your GF and her DH do. Peer pressure and all. I wish my DH would be more open for trying new things but exercise isn't his thing, though he doesn't hesitate to do any manual labor that needs to be done. Hope you are feeling better today.

Kim, LOL about kicking your DH out after the first workout of STS. I think I'd be exactly the same way. I tend to be pretty sloppy and have stuff strewn around. When DH used to have a horse and ride with me, I'd get so impatient as he'd take FOREVER to saddle his horse. I was like, "just get on with it so we can ride". Sheesh! I too thought I'd be more sore today. I love the variations, certainly not a boring workout today. Can't remember, have you done the leg workout yet? I a bit scared of that one. I'm liking the music just fine in this series. It's just right and I don't care if it's ever off the beat.

Tomorrow night is sewing with my Mom and sister so won't be posting tomorrow night. I'm off on Thursday so will have more time. I just got done making my chili relleno casserole for a breakfast at DH's workplace. Guess I'll be attending too. So hard to eat clean...:rolleyes:.

Just finished Week 1 Legs. I really liked this workout, it's definitely my favourite so far, lots of variety no endless reps. I'll be interested to see what you think Jeanette. But what's with the guys using tiny little dumbbells and then not even doing the bonus section:confused::confused:

Went for groceries this morning, the price of groceries have got up so much the last few months, I think it must have to do with the increase in gas prices.

Have fun sewing tonight Jeanette! I'm going to try and get my scrapbooking of our trip completed this afternoon.

The line dancing on your trip sounds like fun Patricia, is it country music? If I was there I would join you :D:D My DH definitely would not. :p

Good Wed Evening Coolers

Worked late tonight so no time for a w/o. Still have some last minute packing to do and clean up around the house. Have to manager that around watching Lost:p

Jeanette - I guess you're on a mini vacation at home right about now. Enjoy it. and yes I'm feeling much better. Just a little bit of the sniffles.

Kim - I haven't noticed the groceries but the other day I went to get gas and in the a.m. it was around 75 but later that day it was 90:mad: Yep, country music and you have to hold your hands on your belt too. No workout wear I have has belts:p

Anyhow, taking the laptop with us so I should be able to stay in touch. Driving down to T.O. to get an afternoon flight and should be in Fl. by 7:30pm if all goes well.

Take care everyone

Hi ladies,
Yesterday's workout was KPC (a premix), then I did the no equipment abs from the STS abs disk. After that, I ate more calories than I burned off at DH's breakfast get together at his workplace. It was nice though. Last night, my sister and I sewed at Mom's. I had some concerns with one of the colors on the quilt, but we remedied it and replaced that fabric with something else. We finished 2 blocks (26 to go).

Today's workout was Disk 3, Legs, which I really, really enjoyed. I wish all leg workouts were along this line. It wasn't repetitive at all. Lots of variation! It's my new favorite of all my leg workouts. I'm feeling sore this morning from Disk 2 that was done 2 days ago. Took me a while to get those DOMS I guess. It was so nice to not have to hurry to start and finish my workout as I'm off until next Tuesday. Nice. I just got back from hitting some balls and playing 7 holes of golf. It was a bit chilly, but still okay.

Patricia, glad you are feeling better, just in time for that vacation. Is the line dancing country? Must be if you put your hands on your belt. Boot scootin' boogie? Kim and I will come and join you in Florida, okay? Hope you have a wonderful time! Bet your little guy will really enjoy it too.

Kim, Disk 3 is my new favorite for legs. I really, really enjoyed it. Wonder if I'll get some DOMS from it. I loved the variety too. Yep, those boys were picking up teeny weights. And their legs in the firewalkers were really spread wide, like they didn't have much tension on the band. I hadn't done any 1rm's for legs so just guessed and did okay. I used my heaviest DB's for the Deadlifts (25#). I may have to get some 30's. Just remembered, I will have the weight vest for 10# soon so that will help too. How's that scrapbooking coming along? I have a couple projects I need to accomplish during this little holiday.

Must go, I need to re-cut some more fabric. My sister gave the wrong dimension on one of the triangles so I have to cut 1/8" off each one. Shouldn't take too long.

Finished scrambled cardio premix from DM, and will do STS abs with weights after Survivor. Tomorrow is a rest day after 7 straight days of working out!

I finally have triceps DOMS which I did Monday, it took awhile to set in. No legs DOMS after yesterdays workouts.

Have a GREAT trip Patricia!!:p

Enjoy your days off Jeanette! I'm off till Tuesday as well. Monday is Louis Riel day here in Manitoba

Kim

Kim,
I'm going to watch/tape Survivor tonite. One of the contestants, Ben Wade, is our town's symphony conductor. He's very full of himself. I've never watched the show before, but am anxious to see it cuz he's in it. Not sure what cardio I'll do tomorrow.

A shout out from the SUNNY SOUTH:p:p:p

Long day to get here but everything went fairly smoothly. Our friends are with us and just starting to make breakfast. DS is over the moon. Right our side our back door is a pond (hopefully no gators:D) and a jungle gym. This morning we have geese looking for snacks. We reserved a convertible mustang but ended up getting a convertible sebring instead. Comfy and just enough room for the luggage:p I'm going to enjoy driving it around that's for sure. Our friends rented an SUV so can use that for when we have split up for the day.

Jeanette - LOL about 26 blocks to go. Good to get the colours down now:p Hey, glad you enjoyed the leg w/o. So I guess you're relaxing now for the next few days? I tape Survivor but was also hoping to watch it here but it doesn't look like there is any time-shifting features on the cable t.v. set up here. Oh well can't really complain. Exciting about knowing someone on the show though. I'll let you know if I'll cheer for him after a few shows:)

Kim - Have a good rest day today. Extra long weekend for you too I believe. Maybe we should rename our thread the Survivor STS Coolers:p

Off to do some shopping today as it will be just us girls today with the kids I think as the guys are going over to Daytona for an 8pm race tonight. For some reason that means they have to leave by 2pm:eek:

disc 3 - legs... pleasantly surprised!!!

Today was Disc 3 for me. I LOVED IT.... and believe me - I didn't expect to! I was a teeny weeny bit afraid for my quads but I enjoyed that it didn't have endless squats and lunges. I posted my workout on my blog today before coming over here to check-in so I'm just going to cut and paste it here so you don't have hop over there. :)

-------
WOW! I feel GREAT!!! My legs feel a little tired but not as much as I thought. I was a teeny weeny bit apprehensive about how today's workout would go. I don't usually work my legs too heavy for too long because I don't want my legs to be too tired to cycle on my cardio days when I do cycling.

But this workout was so much FUN!!

I didn't think I'd ever say that about a leg workout. Seriously. Maybe it's because it's new and I had never done it before so there was that element of freshness and variety. And let's not underestimate my surprise when I was able to walk up the two flights of stairs to get to my bathroom and take "before" photos when it was all over without cursing quietly under my breath. I realize that I should have taken my "before" photos, well, BEFORE I started (that IS THE WHOLE POINT, is it not?) but there can't be THAT much improvement going on there so day 5 is going to have to be good enough. I probably should have put some makeup on or spruced up the hair a bit (because AFTER doing a workout is NOT my finest hour hair-wise but that just goes to show you how little I am concerned about that). Photos to come when I get my butt in gear and upload my photos to my camera but right now I'm more concerned with downloading and listening to some new songs (Alexi Murdoch's Time Without Consequence... I am loving All of My Days... it's nice and thought-provoking and it will be perfect for painting and when I am in an introspective mood, along with some others on the album.. It's a good addition to my current Bob Dylan, Jakob Dylan, and slower Coldplay songs that I keep in a rotation specifically for this purpose. Though I need to find something else because I'm needing something a little faster paced right now.)

I ended up not wearing my heart rate monitor (HRM) for this one (I just plain forgot to put it on since it's not a habit anymore) although now I'm kicking myself because I love seeing the little graph of my workout (yes, I'm a dork and easily entertained) and to see where my heart rate is to see how the intensity REALLY was as compared to just what I THOUGHT it was. After leaving the HRM to sit on the sidelines for a month or two I DID remember to put it on for a few cardio workouts on the bike last week and also for the two upper body STS strength training workouts this week... I discovered that on the bike I FEEL that I'm working harder than I ACTUALLY am and not pushing myself as much (and that's just a bit lame). It was interesting to discover that though... so I'm going to go back to wearing the HRM again for my cardio workouts until I get a better handle on my leg fatigue vs. exertion again.

Good morning,
Patricia, so nice that you can still log in with us on vacation. Florida sounds wonderful. Hopefully no gators close by. A friend of mine just got back from Everglades Park and they rode their bikes on the recreation trail. Said it was wonderful, but you did have to watch for those gators as they would be sunning themselves very close to the trail. Re: Survivor, the guy goes by "Coach". He is a university soccer coach somewhere in the Midwest I think, but also flies back to do the symphony conductor thing. He calls himself a "Renaissance Man". He is probably too enlightened to live full time in our little burg. :rolleyes: Now I get it, you are there to see a Nascar race this weekend? My DH and I like to watch too. LOL about them leaving at 2 p.m. to be able to watch the 8 p.m. race. Enjoy that convertible, girl!!! Have a blast! Sunny South, we have snow falling right now.

Kim, I think I will do the scrambled eggs cardio from Drill Max too. Have never done it before, but I've got my mind around it right now.

Really enjoyed my rest day yesterday, lots of little errands done, lots of relaxing, made a nice supper. In a few minutes I'm going to start week 1 again. I'm glad that I decided to do a 6month rotation as I feel like I know I'm doing the second time around:D My sister got back from Disney yesterday and picked up her dog so no more dog sitting.

Patricia Enjoy that Florida sun! That's nice that you can check in when you are away! The convertible sounds awesome!

Jeanette Have you ever met this "survivor" guy? It's kind of neat that he's a conductor and a college soccer coach. He must be good at music and sports. There seems to be a lot of "leader" types on the show which may ended up in some fighting eventually.

Kim

Good morning Coolers,
Yesterday's workout was the scrambled eggs cardio from Drill Max, which I enjoyed. After that, I did the plates and weights from Ab Circuits. I could do most of the plate work, which surprised me as I was thinking it might be way out of reach for me. What I couldn't do, I modified. In the afternoon, I did a bike ride.

Today's workout was Disk 1b (Meso 1, disk 1, repeated week). I think I got more out of for sure this time, so glad I'm doing the longer rotation. My biceps are toasty now. I struggle with shoulder work above my head so I don't go real heavy there.

DH and I will be pulling out the stove and refrigerator today and cleaning underneath it. I can't tell you how badly it's needed. Yuk. After that, think we will go out to the desert and take the girls and some firewood. It snowed last night and there is still snow out on the road in front of our house. We were thinking of going to Reno to do some shopping, but think we will postpone that. We have a new Sheels in Reno that I'd like to go thru, but that will be another time.

Kim, I have met the Survivor guy before, but it's been a while and I'm sure he wouldn't remember me. He went out with my neighbor (a cycling/golfing buddy of mine) a few times, but she wouldn't date him any more due to his ego. She said he's very nice, and open to criticism of the symphony, but that ego. He has done quite the job with the symphony in this little redneck town. It is extremely popular and packed for each performance. I will be curious to see how he does on Survivor. I'm not familiar with strategies, so it will be a learning thing for me. Glad you enjoyed your rest day. I was much more organized doing this DVD the 2nd time thru. Only had to pause it a couple of times to fiddle with my barbell, plus, I had updated my 1rm's so didn't have to guess at the weights. Let me know what you think about your 2nd time thru.

Patricia, are you having a great time??? Wish I was there.

Oh yes, I posted some quilting pictures in my Cathespace album. I'll post a picture for the newly constructed 2 blocks soon.

Sat

Evening Coolers

Home from the races today. Gone for about a 12hr day. I can see why you have to leave so early not only to walk around to see all the stalls but you have to park a bit away (well depending on how much you want to pay for parking - we paid $30 for about a 10 min. walk). Got a chance to check out a Ross -never been in one b/4. Kim - it's like a Winners if you've never been. Bought a nice t.shirt and matching jacket and paid wayyyy toooo much $$ but what the heck.:p:p The race was good, had some good crashes. DS managed to stay awake for about 1/2 of it then we laid him down over 2 seats while he slept. The stands were fairly full but still some empty seats so we lucked out and could spread out. Lots of traffic to drive home. A 1hr drive turned into over 2hrs so we pulled over and ate at TGIF. First visit for me and liked the food. They even offered a menu for proper portion control entrees.

They guys are going back for the big race tomorrow and I'm off to Disney with another GF and her son.

Jeanette - we have not seen any gators yet but driving here from the airport we saw a deer. Never expected to see that down here when I can see them all the time at home.;) Okay, my GF also watches Survivor so I told here to pay attention to Coach. Hey, I do not have the time (I don't think) to do a 6mo rotation so stop going on about how much you're liking repeating the w/o's - that goes to you too Kim:D:D

Kim - sure is nice having a day off during the week to get things done. Did you ever hear about the job you interviewed for? I get the convertible tomorrow as the guys have to take the mini van. Now isn't that ironic. They're going to the races but I've got THE Car:p:p

Take care from Mickey Land.

Did a cardio coach on the tm for cardio. My asthma bothered me a bit afterwards. Also tried the STS extended stretch as I hadn't done it yet. Fairly quiet weekend around here, did a family outing to the Festival du Voyageur (french winter festival) had some frozen maple syrup on a stick YUMMY yesterday. Then we all went to Boston Pizza for supper so a nice Valentine's overall. Today just church, workout, housework, etc, the boys are off to hockey for the evening so dd and I just hanging out maybe I'll pull out my needlepoint as Jeanette's quilt pictures have inspired me to busy with my crafts:D:D I finished scrapbooking my trip pics, I really don't enjoy scrapbooking but love having the finished products.

Patricia Sounds like you're having fun! DS was watching races on the tv this afternoon from Orlando, I wondered if they were the same ones that you were down for. Which Disney park did you go to today??? We ate at TGIFs at the Minnepolis airport in December and really enjoyed it! I did get a letter saying I didn't get the job which was fine as I would have struggled with the decision of whether to take it or not.

Jeanette You don't seem to be joining the Garage Boys (is that what you call them??) nearly as much as last winter? Do anything special for Valentine's Day.

Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.