Your Love of Peanut Butter -- ADVICE!

I LOVED EVERYONE'S REPLIES & THANKS CATHE!

Well I've made some great decisions!

Thanks to NinjaMom, I'm going to continue eating the PB with my "negative calorie" celery! I love that rationale. (And I'm so inspired by everyone else's peanut butter lust, that I feel justified!!!)

I'm also rushing out to try Trader Joe's peanut butter...sounds splendid! I usually like the reduced fat Skippy creamy, but the long list of additives is giving me some pause!

Finally, I'm SO HAPPY THAT CATHE LOVES PB AS MUCH AS SHE DOES! I would have been crushed (honestly!) if she had suggested keeping the intake down to 1T a month or something. I would have thrown my jar and spoon up in despair! (And don'cha just love it that our Superhero has "normal" cravings like the rest of us?! THANKS CATHE!)

:) MICHELLE

I have to confess, one of my favorite treats at work (I'm an RN in a hospital) is taking a dixie cup of vanilla or chocolate ice cream, spreading a Tablespoon of PB on top, and nuking it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. :eek::eek::eek:

A small jar in a WEEK? You are such a lightweight! LOL! I am addicted to White Chocolate Wonderful PB (by Peanut Butter & Co.). I can down a small jar in one sitting! :eek:

One serving is two tablespoons. That barely wets the whistle as far as I'm concerned........;)

What a coincidence! I just bought some of this at the store for the first time today. It is fantastic! I almost bought the cinnamon raisin one, too, which sounds like it would be delicious on some whole grain waffles. Mmmmm.....I'd better stop talking before I'm overcome with the urge to head to the kitchen for the jar and a spoon. :eek:

What a coincidence! I just bought some of this at the store for the first time today. It is fantastic! I almost bought the cinnamon raisin one, too, which sounds like it would be delicious on some whole grain waffles. Mmmmm.....I'd better stop talking before I'm overcome with the urge to head to the kitchen for the jar and a spoon. :eek:

OMG I just found this stuff online! It looks amazing!! I see that you found it in a store, though. Which store did you find it in? :)

I found it at Kroger. Not sure if it's sold at any other stores around here, because I wasn't looking for it. It was on the peanut butter aisle, but not with the regular Skippy, Peter Pan, etc. Instead, it was located with all the fancy schmancy preserves.

I had to tell you.....reading all these posts made me hungry for PB. Thank goodness I keep a jar at my office!:eek:

Another goody for me...before they made Reese's PB cups, I used to (okay, I still do...) take Hershey kisses and dip them in the PB. EVen better nowadays when you can use the dark chocolate kisses...Yummy!

did I mention the

coconut, semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. I like to think of pb in the same category as ice cream, deserving of stir-ins (if you know what I mean.)

OMG I just found this stuff online! It looks amazing!! I see that you found it in a store, though. Which store did you find it in? :)

Peanut Butter & Co. is in almost all grocery stores in NJ. I've bought it at Kings, Eden Gourmet (our local gourmet grocery & one of my favorite places in the world), even Foodtown! However I could not find it in Acme or Pathmark. :(

You can also buy it directly from their website, but it costs at least $1 more per jar--it's about $5 in stores & $6 online.

OMG I cannot believe I know that much about this PB. :eek:

I found the dark chocolate (OMG...so yummy!) at SuperTarget. (And I bought it after looking at the nutrition information and seeing that it had 10-20 calories less per serving than both the JIF peanut butter and the natural! How cool is that????)

Anyway, looking at their store locator for CT, it says that it's available at Big Y, Shaw's, and The Food Emporium. Hope that helps Allie! (If not, go to http://www.ilovepeanutbutter.com/storefinder.html and put in your zip.)

Oh wow, thanks for that link. There are no stores near me, so I ordered on-line. Yummmmmm.

i am in mourning....

I went to my nutrionist yesterday, demanding to know why I wasn't losing any weight. She told me nuts and nut butters were the culprit. She said I need to cut back to only having 2 tsp 2x a week. WHAT?!?!? not very happy

Ok all this talk of PB and the different kinds led me to buy 3 different kinds at the store today! I found Better N Peanut Butter, the white chocolate variety and also something called PB Loco (which is amazing by the way). LOL

Lauramax, ever tried the PB with raisins from the same company? OMG!!!

Tneah, at your recommendation I bought some of this at SuperTarget last week. I thought my kids would like it, and that it didn't really sound like something I would like, but OMG, it is great! I thought I had successfully kicked my habit of eating peanut butter from the jar, but tonight I got out a spoon and went nuts (no pun intended!)

I am resisting buying the white chocolate version...but it's calling to me....and they have the PB loco too...so much peanut butter...so many calories....

PB Pita is my favorite lunch

Thought you guys might like this lunch idea. Even my kids like it. I take a pita (whole wheat or multi grain of course) and smear some peanut butter inside (be careful - they tear) then stuff it with fruit (bananas, apples, blueberries, strawberries - whatever floats your boat) then some yummy granola gets poured in.

OMG - I can eat it every single day and never get tired of it. :D

cb1924 - I am SOOOOOOOO Sorry!!!

I went to my nutrionist yesterday, demanding to know why I wasn't losing any weight. She told me nuts and nut butters were the culprit. She said I need to cut back to only having 2 tsp 2x a week. WHAT?!?!? not very happy

You poor thing! I would have to settle for being fat. If you touch my peanut butter, you will pull back a bloody stump!!!

Only two times a week though? Ouch, no wonder I still have thunder thighs and shelf hips.

I simply have to say "NO" to the PB, seriously, I cannot stop "dipping" once I have a jar in the house, its too addictive! And I do not discriminate, I love 'em all!

Lauramax, ever tried the PB with raisins from the same company? OMG!!!

I wish I could say no. I ate almost an entire jar out of the jar last night. OMG!!! I went to bed full--not fun. Oh well. Today's another day.

Originally Posted by cb1924

You poor thing! I would have to settle for being fat. If you touch my peanut butter, you will pull back a bloody stump!!!

Only two times a week though? Ouch, no wonder I still have thunder thighs and shelf hips.

How can that be? I've heard Dr. Oz and others says that they eat nuts as snacks throughout the day and even Cathe says that she eats a lot of PB and it doesn't affect her weight.

How can that be? I've heard Dr. Oz and others says that they eat nuts as snacks throughout the day and even Cathe says that she eats a lot of PB and it doesn't affect her weight.

Can be due to individual metabolism. Also, if most everything else one eats is low fat, the fat in the nuts won't have a negative effect.

What one needs to do to lose weight, and what one needs to do to maintain (or even gain, if one if building muscle) are also different.

Cathe is VERY active, and has lots of metabolically active muscle. She is also not needing to lose weight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.