Yoga Warrior or The Ultimate Yoga DVD Set?

Oh no! I wish I hadn't seen this enabling thread about YW365! The price at CV is so good! Anyone know if that's the new reduced price? I can hold off till Black Friday.;) And how about where can I watch a clip? The CV one is a dead end.

Are there 30-min workouts? Travis is too long sometimes.

Is it all power yoga?

Oh no! I wish I hadn't seen this enabling thread about YW365! The price at CV is so good! Anyone know if that's the new reduced price? I can hold off till Black Friday.;) And how about where can I watch a clip? The CV one is a dead end.

Are there 30-min workouts? Travis is too long sometimes.

Is it all power yoga?

Most of the workouts are between 50 and 60 minutes. Udaya's (www.udaya.com) streaming service has options for shorter yoga practices. The monthly charge is $12.00. Rudy is one of the regular contributors to their site.

You also get 10% off :)
I noticed there are some full practices from those sets, Udaya has, on youtube, you could try them out & get an idea of what they are like. I decided to switch over to Ultimate Yogi for a while and there is quite a bit of difference between YW365 & that. Even the same set will change as you progress. Have you tried any others?

I noticed there are some full practices from those sets, Udaya has, on youtube, you could try them out & get an idea of what they are like. I decided to switch over to Ultimate Yogi for a while and there is quite a bit of difference between YW365 & that. Even the same set will change as you progress. Have you tried any others?

Thanks you :) I found a few on YT on their site and never done any:oops: I prefer shorter yoga practice. I just picked up a few Karen Voight stretch/yoga dvd's from Mary's last week. Her stretch/yoga opens up my hip/lower body. Love it! I think eventually I will pick up the set, but for now I am good with shorter yoga.

Belinda, is that Karen's latest yoga/stretch? I have that one too. Beautiful setting in the mountains and she REALLY knows how to stretch. I love that one.

Belinda, is that Karen's latest yoga/stretch? I have that one too. Beautiful setting in the mountains and she REALLY knows how to stretch. I love that one.

Yes, it is :) Love the beautiful setting in the mountains. I also bought another one it's the core/stretch https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Karen-Voight-Stretch-and-Core-Conditioning-DVD-p/982.htm . Haven't done that one yet :) I also got her ballet stretch one. Haven't done that one yet. I really like this lower body stretch in Slim Physique. https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Karen-Voight-Slim-Physique-DVD-p/974.htm

Yet another suggestion, Yogabody Stretch, the kindle version is less than the book, for a series of stretches. I could not get side angle pose - Baddha Uttita Parsvakonasana (?) before; these stretches for two weeks (and a well timed lead in) pretty much made it easy to clasp hands.

Still can' t hold the pose yet, but I've got a start on it, for a breath or two.

Reviving this thread because I noticed that Udaya has a Black Friday-Cyber Monday deal: 6 months of streaming for $54 with coupon code FRIDAY.

Reviving again for Udaya's 35% off holiday coupon code CHRISTMAS. I did pick up the Deepen Your Practice set, it's fairly advanced but has many points to progress with, so, accessible for the uninitiated. Even while practicing with my limits I felt as if had an advanced session. Continuing on with Yoga Warrior 365 which is my go-to near daily practice. It's just so well done & perfect for me (I thought I'd never say that about yoga, go figure.) Plenty of room to grow.

All of these have that production quality that Cathletes are so fond of, a perfect complement to cardio & weights.

For anyone interested in YW365 I found a site with 3 left at the incredible prices of $37.95 (1) and $40.00 (2), with free shipping. Here's the link: http://www.bonanza.com/items/search...anslate_term]=true&q[search_term]=rudy mettia
I had never heard of this place before but I placed an order and have received my brand-new set fairly quickly (the box was slightly wrinkled from shipping) but all dvds seem intact inside their own plastic sleeve.
I did my first one (Gentle/Yin) today and noted that this series seems different from UY, which I also have, so I'm glad about that.
Have fun!

If anyone is interested in getting any of the Udaya yoga sets, they are currently on sale, 35% off, through the following website:

theultimateyogi.com

with the code: CHRISTMAS

Also, they are sponsoring a 108 days of yoga challenge through their page on FB for anyone interested and who needs the motivation. I think I might sign up. Otherwise, when will I ever start?!?

Clare

Also, they are sponsoring a 108 days of yoga challenge through their page on FB for anyone interested and who needs the motivation. I think I might sign up. Otherwise, when will I ever start?!?
Clare

I saw the challenge, and at one time would've wanted to do that, Ultimate Yogi turned out to be fast for me, or not geared quite right. In YW365, upon a second try, worked better for me, talks me through much of what I am doing in a way I understand. At some point I will do Ultimate Yogi again. I said each time I do YW365 or DYP practices I get more out of it, and maybe that's not accurate, exactly, it's not that I'm trying to achieve something. The practice actually only took when I stopped trying to get something out of it, when I could just be present, most of the time. I find sometimes a challenge, or group, or program can easily turn competitive with others or even yourself, trying to best yourself all the time, and that's not why I do yoga.

This video kind of explains how I've started to look at yoga in some ways, and why it's different for different people, and at different stages of life. Maty Ezraty on Ashtanga Yoga. If that is speaking to you, you should do it, start.

I saw the challenge, and at one time would've wanted to do that, Ultimate Yogi turned out to be fast for me, or not geared quite right. In YW365, upon a second try, worked better for me, talks me through much of what I am doing in a way I understand. At some point I will do Ultimate Yogi again. I said each time I do YW365 or DYP practices I get more out of it, and maybe that's not accurate, exactly, it's not that I'm trying to achieve something. The practice actually only took when I stopped trying to get something out of it, when I could just be present, most of the time. I find sometimes a challenge, or group, or program can easily turn competitive with others or even yourself, trying to best yourself all the time, and that's not why I do yoga.

This video kind of explains how I've started to look at yoga in some ways, and why it's different for different people, and at different stages of life. Maty Ezraty on Ashtanga Yoga. If that is speaking to you, you should do it, start.

112toguru:

thanks for your ideas and personal narrative on how you approach yoga and what it means to you.

I think you will find that I am one of the least competitive people, speaking in fitness terms, on these forums. I am not in competition with anyone else. I suffer so many set backs to my regular fitness routine each year that I cannot count them. I have been forced to roll with the punches. My main objective these days is to focus more on daily movement. I left the balls-to-the-wall workouts behind with my fitness-related ego a while back. I don't have time for any of that. There are far too many complications to my life, too many things that are far more important, some of which are dealing with major depressive disorder and guiding/helping both of my daughters who suffer the same and are dealing with it as they progress through their undergraduate degrees. So, I leave the fitness challenges to all the rest of the Cathletes on these forums.

I mentioned this Ultimate Yogi Challenge here in an informational vein so that others can decide if it is right for them. I have no idea whether I will do it or not. I have not decided. I may never decide. I can tell you right off the bat that I would miss 2 days in the first week because I need to drive my little one back to college in Mass --it's an exhausting 12 hour trip each way, no time for yoga, safety and sleep are the focus-- and then I'd miss 2 weeks in Feb visiting my mother in the UK --where yoga and fitness are not the focus, my mother is--, so really, the word 'challenge' is taken, by me at least, with as large a pinch of salt as you can get.

I think, however, that my body needs yoga. I think it could help me make peace with myself. It could help with the depression. It could help give me a sense of peace that I only ever experience when I am lucky enough to be high in the Rockies on a backpacking and hiking tour, say once every 4 years. So you see, my objectives are not to bend myself up like a pretzel and be able to do crow pose by the end of week 2. Where some people lack any sense of their own imperfections and limitations, I am crippled with a larger than normal sense of my own limitations. I know already that there are yoga poses I will never master. That's OK. There's more to life. I find I'm good with that. However, if I pledged to myself to do as much of this yoga challenge as I can, as many days of the 108 total as I can, then it will be a darn sight more than I have ever done and a major accomplishment for me.

I could do with that accomplishment. There have been too few of them, lately.

Thanks for your concern. I wish you well on your continued relationship with yoga. I'll take a look at those videos/links you attached. Thank you for taking the trouble to post them.

Clare

Clare, please don't take this the wrong way, or anyway, if that's possible. You entirely missed the point I was trying to make.

For me, I only found the yoga when I stopped expecting something from it. There is nothing wrong with challenges or motivation or community involved with any kind of yoga. The point is, the yoga, as Maty said in the interview, so well, the yoga is just the window dressing. What ever it becomes is something you already have and already are, waiting for you to discover. It's not debatable, it simply is, it is the present, it is presence. When I am present, that is who I am.

"There is a great calm coming in the world, you can not resist or stop it, there is nothing to fight."

The very first yoga lesson I learned was to be quiet, the second was listen. They are still the two hardest lessons to learn.

Clare, please don't take this the wrong way, or anyway, if that's possible. You entirely missed the point I was trying to make.

For me, I only found the yoga when I stopped expecting something from it. There is nothing wrong with challenges or motivation or community involved with any kind of yoga. The point is, the yoga, as Maty said in the interview, so well, the yoga is just the window dressing. What ever it becomes is something you already have and already are, waiting for you to discover. It's not debatable, it simply is, it is the present, it is presence. When I am present, that is who I am.

"There is a great calm coming in the world, you can not resist or stop it, there is nothing to fight."

The very first yoga lesson I learned was to be quiet, the second was listen. They are still the two hardest lessons to learn.

And one of the aspects of the depressed mind is that we no longer expect anything from anyone or anything. I have very low expectations these days. I also think you have missed my point and failed to understand my words. Do you suffer from major depressive disorder? Do you know what it feels like to view and experience the world through this disability?

I will continue to believe in motivation, because I need something to believe in. I will also continue to believe in community because isolation is death.

I see that you and I have very different mind sets, possibly with regards to everything. That's how it is. I don't have a problem with that. Sentences like "When I am present, that is who I am" mean absolutely nothing to me. Sorry, but. I think that there are a zillion things out there in the world that help us find peace. We will all react positively to some rather than others. You see yoga as something special. To me, it is not. It's a potential tool, an avenue, a possibility. It may never pan out. There are other things. I expect to continue to derive way more from the reading I do of literature than from yoga. It's OK. My view on it will never touch yours or tarnish it. Your relationship with yoga is just that, it is yours. No-one can dictate that someone have a certain experience and/or relationship with yoga: neither you, nor Marty or any other yogi or aficionado. These things cannot be controlled. Yoga is. It is not owned by anybody.

When I do yoga I do so for physical benefits. I do not seek lessons, though lessons there may be and lessons may come. Who knows? I look for and derive lessons elsewhere: from people, from literature, from nature, from observation of the world around me. Like I said: each person has to be free to derive something different from yoga. This cannot be dictated. If it is, if it is prescribed that we all derive a lesson of some kind, a certain experience, then I do not see the point to it at all. Society dictates to us enough thank you, there is already enough conscription. Even the statement "There is a great calm coming in the world, you can not resist or stop it, there is nothing to fight" can become a prescription if a person does not feel it. You say "the point is..." I disagree. There should be no 1 prescribed point, not if each is to come to the experience on her own.

It is not possible for someone to not 'take this the wrong way, or anyway." You get to put your words out there, but, like an individual's experience of yoga, you cannot dictate how another will respond to it.

I think you have found activities that work for you and bring you a degree of mental and emotional peace. Yoga is a part of that. I am happy for you.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.