Yoga Warrior or The Ultimate Yoga DVD Set?

It's for any level really!
He has a soothing voice and just tells you how to get to each pose and breath. I like him better then Travis because he's not saying all those annoying things. its just yoga
Christie
I think Travis goes a little faster, and does everything one side, then the other. And those are just over an hour. Sounds good. I didn't know if DYP would be out of reach. I'll add to X-mas list [unless Udaya does BlkFriday, then it's all over] :0 I'm rather attached to YW365 at the moment. Travis & Vytas will have to wait!

I have Element Yoga :) Maybe I should open it :p
do you have P90X yoga? I know it's long, but IIRC, it's quite good. Tony style.

I have both, and prefer the Rudy Metea/ YW one over the Travis guy. Travis creeps me out a little with his drawn out 'downward dooooooooooooooooooggggggg'. They are all 45-60 min long, keep in mind that a yoga studio session is that long, too. The videos and yoga sessions always flies by for me :) I need to find time to do more of it....

I think Travis goes a little faster, and does everything one side, then the other. And those are just over an hour. Sounds good. I didn't know if DYP would be out of reach. I'll add to X-mas list [unless Udaya does BlkFriday, then it's all over] :0 I'm rather attached to YW365 at the moment. Travis & Vytas will have to wait!

do you have P90X yoga? I know it's long, but IIRC, it's quite good. Tony style.

Yes, I have P90X yoga and P90X3 yoga :) Thanks :)

I thought about these a few years back, I also need more stretching, calmness, centering of myself and so on. The problem is, even at 50 years old, I'm still a bit too hyper for all that stillness and slow flowing moves. I'm a cardio junkie. Maybe someday, but I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

I thought that too. So I wrote you a poem (and anyone else that wants a short practice)

Surya Namaskara A (5X’s) - A Poem

Be Humble. - Hands in Prayer.

Be Quiet. - Hands Up. Inhale.

Listen. - Forward Fold. Exhale.

Hear God. - Head Up. Inhale.

Have Faith. - Walk or Jump Back Chaturanga. Exhale.

Be Courageous. - Upward Dog. Inhale.

Face your Fears. - Downward Dog. Exhale. 5 breaths.

Be Calm. - Walk or Jump Forward & Look Up. Inhale.

Find Love. - Forward Fold. Exhale.

Open Your Heart - Hands Up Stand Up. Inhale.

Be Humble. - Hands to Prayer. Exhale.

Namaste.

That's so cute! I've never had anyone write me a poem before.....figures it would be a fellow Cathlete!! Thank you! I will try to do this!! Seems perfect. Short and to the point. It's lovely.

Wow, that really is a deal. Fair warning, I was like complik8td, and had barely got the shrink wrap off, only to fail to do even one. But that is the beauty of yoga. It confronts all your attachments & aversions. Truth be told I had much more success with any and all programs, after practicing meditation, which, like yoga forces you to confront yourself, and all your habits. YW365 is quite good, nondescript, and the occasional Rudy-esque tension breaker, less offensive than reported, human. Not to sell anyone on it (but heck that is a great price) you get a lot of content and for some experienced, you could use specific practices at specific times. There's also separate tutorials for many of the poses on each DVD. I should probably look at those.

Another teaser, Free 21 day Meditation at Chopra Meditation Center, starts Nov. 2nd. What else have you got to do before ICE arrives!

I have both series and use them regularly, but I've not done the full rotations. I try to do yoga at least once a week, so the length works for me. I also have Short and Sweet from UY. I really enjoy that one. It's the perfect length and Travis isn't as drawn out as some of the others have noted.

Rudy is a little quirky, but he doesn't bother me.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.