Yoga Warrior or The Ultimate Yoga DVD Set?

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Which one do you like better and why ? Do you still use them or do they collection dust? Should I even get them? I know they are longer yoga practices. Would I get bored with them? Before I spent lots of money I want to make sure they are worst every penny :p The older I get the more stretching/yoga I need.

Thanks in advance :)

I had both and eventually traded both. If you visit videofitness, there are lots of threads about these. UY I liked better but Travis's voice grated on me and the practices were too long. I never could relate To Rudy Metia from WY. He seems like a nice guy but he could not stop talking! Also the practices were too long for me. Great productions, great practices but again too long. I found both challenging some more than others. Did both once and then never did them again.

I have Ultimate Yogi and I really enjoyed it. I made it to day 48 but then summer was here and I stopped working out . I do plan to go back to it. I love Travis and all the people in his class. I thought the dvd's were hard because I wasn't in shape. I found the more I did them the more my body loosened up . I recommend if you get the set to do it by the calendar. I would definitely buy the set again. I am 61 and I can do most of the poses he does.

I have both, I did the first phase and part of the second of Ultimate Yogi in 2013, and was running at the same time, building mileage, then quit yoga and my mileage shot up. I didn't think I got much out of it at the time. [?] Tried YW365, no love for it the first time. Picked it up though this year and went through the set 4 times, I would recommend going through them in order. I did ultimate yogi today, haven't decided though if I'll continue with it. Maybe. I heart YW365. I thought all the talking was good. Talked me right through it.

I love Ultimate Yogi. I've been doing a couple of UY practices a week for a little over a year, and don't expect that I will become bored with it anytime soon. Although shorter practices are convenient, I can tell that I'm getting more benefit from the longer practices. I think that's because the longer practices allow for a couple of warm-up sequences before you get into the main sequences and then the body is warmed up and better prepared. I'm also finding that I sleep better on days that I've done UY, and sleep is always a challenge for me.

Thanks for all your input. I really appreciate it. I decided not to get the set, the workouts are too long :( I am sure they are great workouts. Maybe I will get them them in the future? . Right now, I enjoy shorter workouts.

Has anyone tried Element yoga? There's a 5 Day yoga. Each is about 15 minutes in length. A few others have 2 wkouts at about 30 minutes each. I'm interested in the shorter ones too. Since I don't do yoga much I'm hoping for input on these....

Has anyone tried Element yoga? There's a 5 Day yoga. Each is about 15 minutes in length. A few others have 2 wkouts at about 30 minutes each. I'm interested in the shorter ones too. Since I don't do yoga much I'm hoping for input on these....

I like Element Yoga. They are short, and not too difficult. They are filmed in a beautiful tranquil garden, overlooking the Pacific. I enjoy them.

I like Element Yoga. They are short, and not too difficult. They are filmed in a beautiful tranquil garden, overlooking the Pacific. I enjoy them.
This sounds lovely, Karen. :)

I bought UY earlier this year, removed the shrink wrap, and NEVER did a single workout. :rolleyes: I work so hard with Cathe consistently (60 to 90 minutes per day) that I just don't want to spend additional time adding yoga. If I do yoga at all, I prefer going to my health club for a live class. I enjoy Hatha and Anusara styles, and Yin is great for relaxation and stretching too, but one of my most favorite practices is Restorative Yoga. Since RY focuses on opening up the body and achieving a deep sense of calm, I try to make time for it because I know it's something that I really need.

For me, it's like meditation, strength, mobility, flexibility all wrapped up into one. I regularly do hour long yoga sessions and rarely clock watch. I do however warm up with a little Zumba or other cardio before, because I'm "blessed" with stiffness, seems to make the yoga a little easier going. There is a bit of endurance aspect to it as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.