Yoga Journal's Yoga for Longevity

kimyenchu

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have this DVD? I am thinking of buying something stretchy to get my body long and lithe. There is a choice of Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt, which someone on here raved about, and a Yoga Journal's Yoga for Beginners and Rodney Yee. I like the sound of the Yoga Journal's because they are both really long and it looks like I am getting a bargain (Yoga for Longevity is more for me because I am not a beginner).

Thanks

Yen

Hi Yen,
I recently aquired this dvd by Rod Stryker as I loved the vid he did with Kathy Smith.I am very disapointed.It is so very basic and overall dull.The set is very relaxing and his voice is very soothing but I found the material so basic.It probably is me I am sure the tape is designed as a relaxing yoga type stretch and that it does accomplish.I can't exactly put my finger on why this didn't do it for me but I much prefer Rodney Yee and I love the Crunch Candlelight Yoga with Sarah Ivanhoe & that is real easy but a charming 30 minute relaxer.I plan to get the K.Voight one.
see you
Ki

This yoga routine is good for those who are not too flexible or if you're in the mood for a less rigorous yoga workout. It is one of the easier Yoga Journal tapes. I'm a fan of Karen Voight's yoga style. Even though the moves are classic yoga, I find them more athletic. Her instruction is so thorough, I find I work harder on the poses also.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.