yoga booty ballet

floobert

Has anyone here tried the Yoga Booty Ballet series from Beachbody? I didn't have any interest in them until I seen the infomercial today, now I'm curious how they are. Are they tough? Are the dancey moves hard to get the hang of?

I just went to the site, what did it look like when you saw the infomercial? I think I"ve heard of it, but really did not pay much attention to it. I like dancy stuff though. As long as I can catch on.:)

There are two types also? one has another dvd or something?

~~TyTbody~~
Working towards Perpetual Motion

It looked like some flowy dance moves, basic yoga poses and some ballet moves (like plies). It also includes a 10 week rotation! I looked at thier site and the basic set is what was on the infomercial but didn't have the Abs and Sculpting workout add-ons. I'm going to try it; the good thing about Beachbody's workouts is if you don't like them you can send them back. :D

now that's an incentive there. Especially if they don't have video clips so you can see it. I like that. I thought there were two different package options. Won't one of the abs that you were talking about?

~~TyTbody~~

okay. I did it. we'll see. I looked at the schedule and I won't be up at 3:30 or 4:30. Now if the alarm clock worked I would but it doesn't. So, I just ordered it. Heck with a return policy and no clips, that's a good policy.

Now why did you have to bring this up.....

Do I look like I need it?????? ::)

~~TyTbody~~

Hi There Ladies,

I saw your post on YBB, and I had to offer my two cents...I LOVE these workouts!!! I have the Goddess set and I do the basic and advanced workout at least once per week on my "light" or rest days. The funky dance moves are simple, but great. They also include some ballet inspired moves which I like because I studied ballet for years. There's a little woo-woo in the beginning, but you can ignore (or skip) it if you're not into that kind of thing. The basic offers some light weight training, and abs. The advanced is mostly cardio and ballet inspired moves. I love having these workouts in my collection - they make me feel sexy! There's also some new ones being offered, but only through Beachbody CS on a subscription basis where you receive one new workout each month.

You can always return them if you don't like them...Enjoy
Joy

Thanks for the real input. AS I sit here wondering, are they going to call the moves right, will I like it? yadda yaddaa yadda. I like things that call to this side of me also. I took an exotic dance class or two and loved it. It worked the heck out of my thighs. Lot of leg work. The instructor never has to hit the gym just because she does so many classes.

So is it easy to catch on to? Did you love it when you got it? or say, oh my???

~~TyTbody~~

Hey Tytbody,

Its difficult to explain the workout in a sense - its not a choreograoghed routine. They call out dances and you do them for an eight count, you may repeat it for a few eight counts, and then on to something else. The steps are things like "stir the pot" where you roll your hips in a circle (kind of like a "cabbage patch" for your hips), and a other steps they call big kitty, come here - go away, etc. They're fun and you can get funky too. Once you learn them, you can really get into it and work up a decent little sweat. My girlfriends and I do. We look like nuts in my living room dancing to this crazy DVD, but we love it! You should try it!

That sounds so cool. I remember when I taught a class at my church years ago, when I was 21. It was fun to have ladies come and sit and then we would exercise together. I had put the program together and it was fun. It was just too dang early on a Saturday morning for me to continue..I guess I was not THAT committed at that time in my life. :)

~~TyTbody~~

OKAY. This is the bomb.I'm glad I bought it. I'm keeping it. It is sooo me. Ilove to dance and this will get me moving. This is inspirational. There are some very difficult parts but that is a good thing. I LOVE the drums. Oh ya. Very grounding. This is not an easy breezy cover girl workout. You are going to work and I'm glad If nothing else to have found this site and someone mention, YBB.

Thank you,Alison, Mariangles, and CathyRN. Sweet.

~~TyTbody~~

Hey, this is great feedback. I have been looking at those DVDs (as well as the P90X set) and was wondering if they'd be worth the investment. I think I am going to go order them...

Cheers,
Marie

Tytbody - have you gotten your YBBs yet? I haven't. Some folks on Videofitness have already!

I have PHH and I like it. It's a nice "add-on" style workout. I prefer Cathe's Gymstyles though.

Joy

Yes Joy, I did get them, yesterday. I did it again today I love it so much and that's saying something. The music is awesome. It incorporates some Kundalini yoga also and I used to love that one. The Kundalini video I had I ended up selling though for some reason.
Maybe was not my time. I believe there is a time for everything under the sun. AT that time,it was not for me. Now. please... I'm so for this I'll be out tomorrow, buying my yoga mat.

PS: How do you like the PHH? you say it's a nice change. I want it as my workout with weights. Do you feel you worked with weights while doing it?

~~TyTbody~~

I'm so excited to get my YBBs. I haven't checked my mail (UPS Store) in a few days, so it may be there! I'm so glad you like them.

About PHH, if you've ever done a Beachbody workout, they're much like that - no frills, dumb music, etc. But I found the workout very effective. In Arm Toner, my upper body felt thoroughly worked, and I used 5s, 8s, and 10s, maybe some 12s, can't remember. Not as heavy as my Cathe workouts, but I still felt a good pump, and that's saying something. The nice thing is that the exercises are done in a way that you can up your weights and slow your reps if you want or vice-versa. And you work your whole upper body in 30 min, so you can easily add on another weight workout (like Thigh Trimmer, which I don't do much) or a cardio workout (although Thigh Trimmer definitely kept me in my zone). I've been using Debbie Siebers for legs to get them to SLIM down! lol

Take care, girl!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.