Yoga at a studio vs. gym vs. DVD

jloewe

Cathlete
if you've ever wanted to truly 'do' yoga....a studio is the way to go...I have found a place near my home that is about as close to a fountain of youth as you can find...I go in creaking like a tin man, bounce out like I just left the land of OZ when finished.

After years of doing Yoga DVD's, I never quite "got it" when it came to enjoying yoga. Now I practice with a certified teacher, and there is simply no replacement for that interaction on any DVD, no matter how much instruction it may provide.

Doing yoga at a studio has allowed me to greater enjoy my DVD's when I practice at home, the studio has opened my eyes to new forms of exercise I never thought I'd try..namely ZUMBA!!! I thought no way this 6 foot, self admitted klutz would ever attempted anything with the word dance involved..but I took the plunge, and now I love it!!

An added bonus is the clientele I pratcice with...a small group of like minded people who want to feel better about themselves, and have fun doing it.

The last time I tried yoga at a gym, I walked out in the middle of the class after hearing Led Zeppelin and ACDC blaring as the stacks of weights were dropped.

Zumba and Yoga..who'd have thunk it??

I couldn't agree with you more, Jerry! I had exactly the same experience with my yoga DVDs. I couldn't do them because I didn't get it. A great teacher and class changed it. And now my DVDs actually DO something for me. A great yoga class is irreplaceable.

Agreed!

I love the convienence of my dvds but a studio experience is always unpredictable and the first time it felt like the top of my head was blown off (in a good way) like all this energy was flowing through my body and out the top of my head. Its an amazing experience.

The first time I left the studio, I had this feeling where I actually wondered if it was legal to feel this good!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.