Yikes!!!

lulu68

Cathlete
YIKES!!!

I just got back from regular prenatol check up and I have gain 7 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago (Yikes)!!! I never weigh myself and unless I go to the doctor...I just don't understand why I gain so much weight. I excersise, eat helthy, no sweets, and I still manage to gain 7 pounds in a 4 week time frame. Is it normal to have such a major fluctuation weight gain?! I know I'm on my feet alot and have recently increase my weights...I'm thinking maybe it might be water retention? :)

Lourdes

Lourdes,

This is my first pregnancy, so I don't know what "normal" is yet. I'm at 24 weeks, and I've already gained 15 lbs total. I had my most recent check-up yesterday and gained 6 lbs since my visit 4 weeks ago. I'm a little concerned, but my doctors aren't. My blood pressure and other vitals are good, and I feel good. I've read that every woman and every pregnancy is different and you can't compare yourself to anyone else. As long as your doctor isn't worried, maybe you shouldn't worry either. I don't know about water retention, but it makes sense if you're on your feet a lot.

It's a little depressing for me to see the scale climb so much, but I know it's for a good cause and I'm hopeful that Cathe and clean-eating will help me lose the weight post-partum. It seems like there are so many things that I can worry about while being pregnant, but I'm trying not to let my weight be one of them. I'll worry about the weight after I have my baby - right along with worrying about how to raise my baby :)

-Carrie

I don't remember if it was in my second trimester but I gained 9lbs in 4 weeks. I started out at 135, gained a total of 42# and now 5 1/2 months post partum I am 3# below pre preggo weight. I didnt exercise much at all during pregnancy but hit it hard now with a clean diet. It's hard to but try and trust that your body is going to gain what it needs to gain for a healthy pregnancy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.