Yet another 1 rep max ?

Cathlete
I found the answer to my question in another post (amount calculates when you print workout card). I left the post incase somebody out there thinks the way I do:

So, I am feeling very dimwitted right now. I thought I had this whole thing figured out - Until I did STS Total Body (upper split) with my results from the 1 rm test. Anyhow, the weights were much too high for me. I decided to double check what I did wrong. I am pretty sure my error was this, I used the number I got for 1rm to complete each exercise.
My 1rm for flat bench was 56lbs. I was able to do the first set of 16. Then the next set, could barely lift it.

Am I suppose to take a percentage of 56lbs? Is there a calculator for that? I tried to find a post, but am having "post drain", as opposed to "mall drain".
Thanks for any clarification.
Melissa

Last edited:
Although, I think you said you have your answer, I have a question, are you saying your 1RM comes to 56 pounds for this exercise, but you were able to do 16 of them?

:( sorry you have to do these again, I find with STS full body, I need to go lower anyway and use the listed weights as a guideline but shave some weight off. But the weights I have are about perfect for the regular STS.

I find with STS full body, I need to go lower anyway and use the listed weights as a guideline but shave some weight off. But the weights I have are about perfect for the regular STS.

I had the same experience. My 1RM were spot on or just needed minor tweaking for regular STS. For STS Full Body, however, I had to do some MAJOR shaving. I just use the weight that will let me get through the second round (barely).:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.