Yea! Another new pregnant girl here :-)

leighanntx1

Cathlete
I can not believe it! I stopped taking the Pill after 16 years on 12/24 and according to my TCOYF chart, I conceived on 2/10. I took a test on my 18th high temp and it was positive. I have since taken three more and they all are positive as well. I just can not believe it!

This will be our first. I am 32 and my DH is 35 so I am hoping we are not in the age that requires extra testing. My first appt. is on Monday but by my calculations (gotta love TCOYF), I am due November 3rd or so. It will not be fun to be large in the summer in Texas but I am sure it will be worth it!

We will not tell anyone else until 13 weeks but I just had to tell someone and I have so enjoyed peeking in on all of you for the past few months. Thanks!

Congrats!
I am 34 & I refused the "triple screen" test (which is normal) but my doc had said that if I were 35, they would have pushed for amnio right off the bat. Of course, I wouldn't have agreed. Had that w/dd 12 years ago due to a false positive on the triple screen. Hence the reason I don't want that test again!
Congrats & enjoy the next 9 months!
Lynne
12weeks 6 days

PS - How do you get your ticker in here?

welcome leighann and much congratulations!!
i stopped taking the pill in nov and was pg in dec...i found out it doesn't take long at all...LOL

you will not have to take any extra tests at 32 years old. i had my ds at 30 and wasn't subjected to anymore tests than usual.

gruntgal- i just turned 35 and spoke to my dr. about these tests. she told me that there isn't really isn't a need for extra tests and/or amnio unless there is a problem with your pregnancy. for instance i go to the dr. tomorrow for the triple screen if they come back positive then they may want to do a amnio to be 100% certain because the triple screen is just an indicator doesn't mean they is definitely an issue. however i am sure all docs are different and may have a different opinion on this matter.

Yeah! I got it. I just couldn't figure out how to get it to show up!
Hehe
My pregnancy has been closely monitored, although I don't know if they consider me "high risk." I had 2 chemical pregnancies before seeing an RE who helped me get this one to stick :) I am on (almost finished actually) 100mg progesterone/day & one baby asprin per day until about 28 weeks or something.
I have seriously neglected exercise (and all of the Hardcores are staring at me :)) but am hoping to get back to a modified routine next week when I am done w/the progesterone.
Lynne

http://lilypie.com/days/050916/0/23/0/-5/.png

Congratulations Leighann! I look forward to hearing about your progress! Keep us updated on how you're feeling. The first trimester can be a rollercoaster for some, and a walk-in-the-park for others.

I will be 35 when my baby is born, and was offered all that testing, but turned it down. It is certainly your choice; no one can "force" you to do it, no matter how old you are.

I don't know how you can keep quiet for so long - you have much more willpower than I :)

Cheers!
Sandra

Thanks everyone! It will be hard to keep quiet but our families live about 3 hours away and we do not see them too often so it should be ok. It will be so fun to tell them when we do-we will be spending the next few months thinking up the best possible way. I am nervous about telling the office because I am not coming back after the baby comes. I will miss working and will miss my fantastic job and coworkers but will not miss the commute and will love staying home.

Thanks for the reasurrance about the testing. Some books said 30, some 35. No results would change our mind about having this little one so I would prefer to not have any, unless medically necessary.

Guess I will learn a lot on Monday-they said the appointment will be 2 hours long. I will let you all know how it goes. It is so nice being able to talk about it here :)

Great news! I understand about not wanting to tell anyone until your family knows. We waited with this pg until I was 13 weeks to tell everyone because I did not want to tell family over the phone. It's such a fun announcement to make! Congratulations! Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.